GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
shady pasts and someone was murdered in this family..... again....call it what you want, when souls are lost to drugs, the drugs are their Lord, don't ask me how I know

Hits close to home to me as well thats why I know the difference between a druglord and an addict.

Exactly what I meant, whomever he sold it to, if it was going to be used exclusively on a private pond or lake, registration is not required.

Sorry about that post. Auto correct went wild.
What about boat trailers? If a buyer is from somewhere else. Don't the trailers require tags for the road?

Then again all of this has been gone over by LE I am sure.
One point though- if he recently sold his boat then his boatslip at his dock was open and that might make it less obvious that someone was there that should not have been.

Moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Sorry about that post. Auto correct went wild.
What about boat trailers? If a buyer is from somewhere else. Don't the trailers require tags for the road?

Then again all of this has been gone over by LE I am sure.
One point though- if he recently sold his boat then his boatslip at his dock was open and that might make it less obvious that someone was there that should not have been.

Moo

"Boat Titling
Georgia does not issue boat titles."

"Boat Trailers
You must register all boat trailers with the Georgia Department of Revenue. You don't have to title your boat trailer."

http://answers.usa.gov/system/templ...289/Register Boat and Boat Trailer in Georgia

ETA:
Here's Another Link for registering boats and boat trailers in other states.
http://answers.usa.gov/system/templ...icle/4378/Registering-Boats-and-Boat-Trailers

This statement by Sheriff Sills is haunting. No blood spatter! Maybe the house was completely undisturbed because the actual murder didn't occur there? Ugh! What happened to these poor people?!

Later on in Eatonton, which lies about a dozen miles southwest of the gated Reynolds Plantation Great Waters community where the Dermonds lived, Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills hoped forensic evidence might shed light on the case.

He said there was no blood-spatter pattern found, which means severing the head was not likely the cause of death for Russell Dermond.

“I want the doctor to tell me if even the death occurred there,” Sills said. “There’s no evidence of a bullet hole in the wall or anything.”

Read more here:
http://www.macon.com/2014/05/08/308...cause-of.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy

This wasn't even a gated community. If the guard wasn't at the guard shack anyone could come in and out by either driving, on foot, or by water.

But since this is/was known as a very safe community before this I am sure everyone there had a false sense of security. None of them probably lock their doors during the day or at least they didn't until this happened. And the Sheriff is telling everyone to lock their doors.

IMO

for sure, NO GATE ?? Fenced and open to the water ??? what's the point............... really

Has there been any mention of Russell Dermond's LinkedIn page and the connection to the Life Development Center?

I am sure that words are being picked wisely.

The home was immaculate.
He was found in the garage.
He had been moved a few feet.
Lack of spatter.

Sounds like whoever did this knew the home and
had the whole thing planned out.

Hopefully they will find Mrs Dermond and her husband's head.
I hope this perp doesn't get away with murder.

Has there been any mention of Russell Dermond's LinkedIn page and the connection to the Life Development Center?

I haven't heard about it. I can't see LinkedIn.

What seems odd is that 30 other people have "retired at stathas life development center" on their profile. Jmo

I am sure that words are being picked wisely.

The home was immaculate.
He was found in the garage.
He had been moved a few feet.
Lack of spatter.

Sounds like whoever did this knew the home and
had the whole thing planned out.

Hopefully they will find Mrs Dermond and her husband's head.
I hope this perp doesn't get away with murder.

BBM, and somewhere there was mention that he may have been murdered elsewhere and returned to the home, which would aid in the "lack of spatter"

but WHY?

Did anyone else read that?

This story is terrifying. I see LE has said nothing was missing. I would think the killer had to have taken a bag or something to put the head and knife in. Would they tell the public if a kitchen knife was missing? Not everyone uses a block where it would be easy to see an empty slot. Maybe the ME can tell what type of knife was used from the wounds on the neck. Jmo

ciao

BBM, and somewhere there was mention that he may have been murdered elsewhere and returned to the home, which would aid in the "lack of spatter"

but WHY?

Sorta vague. Maybe he had spatter on his clothes, but not in the garage and they aren't ready to release that yet?
I think they are talking to the perp here.
They know. They know he knows.

We are all left scratching our heads, but that's ok!
Shake him up! Maybe someone will figure it out.

They haven't put out the "do you know someone that is acting odd?"
"Someone that has recently changed their appearance"
"Someone that suddenly moved or sold something"
Have they?

but WHY?

I think it means Mr. Dermond was killed first, then beheaded, and that's why the lack of blood splatter, but there had to be residual blood on the floor.

this entire tragedy is one big WHY?

What seems odd is that 30 other people have "retired at stathas life development center" on their profile. Jmo

I thought maybe it meant that though he was retired, he did work --volunteer work, possibly -- with that center. (And possibly same for the 30 others.) Or maybe served on a board?

This story is terrifying. I see LE has said nothing was missing. I would think the killer had to have taken a bag or something to put the head and knife in. Would they tell the public if a kitchen knife was missing? Not everyone uses a block where it would be easy to see an empty slot. Maybe the ME can tell what type of knife was used from the wounds on the neck. Jmo

ciao

IF it all happened at their residence, possibly the killer/s brought along everything needed.

Also, I'd think a larger cutting instrument was likely used -- but yes, hopefully the ME will be able to get some clues there.

Another horrible case! This couple had suffered enough when their son was murdered, but then to have to be exposed to this nightmare is pathetic.

The poor Mrs. will most likely not be found alive as she can describe her abductors. JMO

It seems odd that the murderer of their son would wait this many years to come after the parents. Of course the sheriff is not going to say anything, but could it be one of the sons or even a grandchild? At their age, grandchildren could easily be adults in their mid 20 - 30's. Was their will recently changed? What took place in their life recently that enraged this person/s to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper