GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that Foxfire. I also scanned through the many articles he has published. My impression is that his practice is very much focused on family and marriage counseling. Based on my experience, (my son is a psychologist and so is my best friend), psychologists usually specialize in certain areas, even if they are qualified to cover other types of disorders.

In addition to relationship counseling, his clientele probably includes some depressed and/or anxious women. (I noticed that about 3/4 of his "friends" on FB are middle-aged females.) Maybe a few alcoholics or those addicted to prescription drugs.

I doubt he sees many adults with major psychological problems like schizophrenia or hard-core drug addiction. Most of his clients are probably upper-middle or upper class.

However, it might be worth investigating any troubled teens that he has treated. The poor little rich kid just waiting to explode. The psychopath in the making.

Sorry who is this Psychologist you are talking about??? Mr. Dermond????

But she could have shown it up until April 30, right? Didn't the area have a spell of bad weather for a few days shortly after? That timeline still makes sense to me...except I don't think the killer would miss the fact that her realtor number would be stored in the lockbox. (Is that right?)

Correct Bethanthony, she could have shown houses up through the 30th, and yes also that her license number would be in the history on the house's lockbox - BUT if she never "updated" her ekey electronically after any showings (which is when it's downloaded to Supraweb what houses you showed), they wouldn't appear in the systemwide database - they would have to be pulled manually from the house box by the actual listing agent.

According to the Eatonton weather history, there were a few showers on April 30th that dropped 0.20 inches of rain, none the first week of May...

If Mr. Dermond was in his pajamas I am wondering who they would allow in their home dressed like that?

Mrs. Dermond must have been home because her purse and cell phone were on the table.

Sorry who is this Psychologist you are talking about??? Mr. Dermond????

There is a LinkedIn profile for Mr. Dermond that says he is retired from a psychologist's office. I think it is a fake profile and really has nothing to do with Mr. Dermond. He might know the psychologist socially, since they are from the same area. Somebody might have just set up the profile as a joke, prank or lame attempt at promoting the psychologist's services. I don't think he ever worked there. (But that is just my opinion.)

Other people here at WS think there could be some connection or that it could be some clue.

Being a marriage and family therapist has less to do with the types of problems or disorders you see in your oatients and treat then it has to do with how you think disorders originate and remain a disorder in an individual's life or personality. Other than prescribing medications, a typical master's level marriage and family therapist may provide the same care as any other mental health professional. The difference between a MFT and any other mental health professional is that the theory behind the development of disorders is not based on a medical model. In other words, a MFT very well may work with a sociopath or any other person with any psychological disorder but rather than view the source of the disorder to be a genetic predisposition or a brain chemistry problem, the MFT will view the disorder as stemming from the dynamics of the relationships between the people in the client's life. MFTs see couples, individuals, and do group therapy with persons of all ages and with all kinds of disorders. MFTs often work alongside or in communication with psychologists or psychiatrists.

I am a little lost on this issue of whether or not the therapist has any connection to Mr. D. But, I did get a chill to read that an article he wrote appeared in the newspaper directly above an article having something to do with Mrs. D.'s bridge results.

Annie1004, you are welcome to your opinion.. I do not think the DR has any ties to this case, but there very well may be a tie to the mental health treatment facility, imo.. Can you please explain the difference between a sociopath, psychopath, and a person with antisocial personality disorder, other than PC or semantics?

Annie1004, life experiences, research, instincts, and Vernon Geberth; author of the Homicide Bible; 'Practical Homicide Investigations', is usually what I base my opinions on.. Homicide investigators across the nation will usually have his book/s for reference..

Vernon Geberth Biography
http://www.practicalhomicide.com/AboutPHI/bio.htm

http://www.practicalhomicide.com/articles/psexsad.htm

Foxfire, no argument here. My late husband was a psychiatrist and my mother was a psychologist, and I hold a Master's in psychology. I am basing this on facts (psychologist vs, psychiatrist), and there are many differences between a psychopath and sociopath. You can find the information on such sites as the American Psychiatric Association, AMA, published medical studies, among others.

That being said, I am bowing out of this thread. It's a waste of my time having to defend myself.

If Mr. Dermond was in his pajamas I am wondering who they would allow in their home dressed like that?

Mrs. Dermond must have been home because her purse and cell phone were on the table.

I think Mr. D. went outside for some reason. Maybe to get the newspaper if it was early on Saturday morning or maybe he heard a sound during the night and went to investigate. He could have been lured out.

no mention of a deceased son!

Generally, psychiatric problems are treated by an MD (psychiatrist), who has extensive experience in this field. A psychologist deals principally with emotional issues, not mental illness.

There are differences between sociopaths and psychopaths, too.

I am of the opinion this "doctor" has nothing to do with the Dermonds or this case.

BTW, has anyone found an obituary for their son, Mark?

he's not mentioned in the obituary linked above and that confuses me

no mention of a deceased son!

Generally, psychiatric problems are treated by an MD (psychiatrist), who has extensive experience in this field. A psychologist deals principally with emotional issues, not mental illness.

There are differences between sociopaths and psychopaths, too.

I am of the opinion this "doctor" has nothing to do with the Dermonds or this case.

BTW, has anyone found an obituary for their son, Mark?

he's not mentioned in the obituary linked above and that confuses me

Perhaps he was disowned?
Prior to his death? I don't know.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Sheriff Sills dismisses rumors of mob involvement.

He is not optimistic Shirley Dermond will be found alive.

On Tuesday, they enlisted the aid of a Department of Natural Resources submarine robot to scour the deep peninsula off Lake Oconee outside the couple’s Reynolds Plantation home. So far, they’ve turned up nothing but a ladder and some discarded lumber.

Deputies are searching a wooded area near the crime scene.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/report-robot-to-be-used-in-search-for-reynolds-pla/nft3h/

Foxfire, no argument here. My late husband was a psychiatrist and my mother was a psychologist, and I hold a Master's in psychology. I am basing this on facts (psychologist vs, psychiatrist), and there are many differences between a psychopath and sociopath. You can find the information on such sites as the American Psychiatric Association, AMA, published medical studies, among others.

That being said, I am bowing out of this thread. It's a waste of my time having to defend myself.

I hope you both stay on the forum. While we may disagree occasionally on theories and the process of how we arrive at them, it doesn't diminish the validity of either side of the argument. If we all thought the same thing, or used the same logic trail, this would be a very boring thread! :).

Another possible homicide of an elderly woman.
Police will not discuss.
http://www.wnct.com/story/25506607/bluffton-police-investigating-elderly-womans-death-as-homicide

Oh interesting...That is really close to where Julia Ann Mudgett's car was found. I just posted it in this thread a few minutes ago.

Here is another article on Ms. Mitchell. It says her homicide might be linked to another case in South Carolina. http://www.islandpacket.com/2014/05/13/3108220/investigation-into-suspicious.html?sp=/99/257/

Holy sh$t (excuse my French!!!)

That was in South Carolina near Hilton Head.
The other woman missing in SC,
her car was found near a lake in SC, so they are searching the water for her as well.
4 Sr. citizens in 8 days 200 miles apart. Near posh vacation spots...
Probably not related.

Never mind the 50 yr old woman found in the water from Lake Sinclair.

That was in South Carolina near Hilton Head.
The other woman missing in SC,
her car was found near a lake in SC, so they are searching the water for her as well.
4 Sr. citizens in 8 days 200 miles apart. Near posh vacation spots...
Probably not related.

Oh my goodness. 3hour 20 minute drive between Eatonton and Bluffton.

Now I have to go look into the other one mentioned!!

This is a long shot, but I think it is worth posting here. Another elderly woman missing from about 3 - 4 hours away in the same time frame. Foul play suspected. Her car was found at a boat landing in Ridgeland, SC. SC SC - Julia Ann Mudgett, 77, Hollywood, 4 May 2014 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Another possible homicide of an elderly woman.
Police will not discuss.
http://www.wnct.com/story/25506607/bluffton-police-investigating-elderly-womans-death-as-homicide

I am not familiar with the areas so can you tell me how far away from the Dermonds this would be? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x