GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet that all you sleuthers are working much harder on the case at this moment than SS and other agencies are.

Thank you for all that you do! I am stil here, just seldom comment. My personal opinion is that SS is leading us astray! He has little to no evidence. He is tryivg to flush someone out with his comments, however, he has no idea who the perps are. How I would love to be wrong and an arrest is imminent.

I think we can all agree this was planned out this was not a random act. Nothing stolen so it wasn't a robbery gone bad. No suspicious activity with their money. This is what I have been focusing on for a long time. 1 They found all forms of evidence yet SS claims there's no suspect 2 Cold case team in Jacksonville( where the oldest son lives ) studying case before the case is even cold.

I still believe they went there to get something the Dermonds had or to get information, they took the Mrs. away so that they could interrogate both while one wondered about the other. It could have been papers of some sort, who knows, it could have been in a safe or hid in the attic, or the Dermonds could have had someone keeping it safe for them. The question is did they get what they went for? And if someone else had this item for safekeeping, was the murders the message, we are coming to get it.....Not random, and I believe they were hired hit men but I also believe a familiar person was on hand also. JMO

This murder was very well planned and executed and the Dermonds were the targets. The question we have to ask ourselves is who would want them dead and why.. Was it someone from the Hardees business ? Was it someone in the family who felt left out ? The way the Dermonds were disposed of tells me this was someone close or they both would have been disposed of the same way. The killers disposing of Mrs D in the lake seems to be a more gentle way than the beheading Mr D had done to him. This was definitely done with rage toward Mr D and Mrs D was probably killed just because she was there. They went to the house with the 30 pound cement blocks so they definitely had this planned out ahead of time. Who could plan this out so well they had to know the house, their routines, their habits and the area or someone local to guide them. I still keep going back to SS saying her has hairs and fibers and all forms of evidence he just needs a witness. This tells me he has a suspect but the suspect can contest the dna due to the person having been in the house before maybe recently. There's no way the killers wiped up every print in the house nobody cleans that well after a murder NOBODY. They could have left a hair behind ,saliva, sneezed or something.

It seems we are all on the same page, as to the reason for this heinous crime. It wasn't a random intruder, or a burglary gone wrong. But, a well planned and executed slaughter of two elderly people, who posed no threat to anyone. Their only fault was living too long, and keeping their hard earned fortune to themselves.

It is very difficult to solve a crime, when hit men are hired, it takes lots of good police work to tie everything together. Two cases that come to mind are Shelia Blackthorne in FL and Lita Sullivan in GA. It seemed to take forever for these crimes to be solved, but they were. They WERE solved. :jail:

IMHO

It seems we are all on the same page, as to the reason for this heinous crime. It wasn't a random intruder, or a burglary gone wrong. But, a well planned and executed slaughter of two elderly people, who posed no threat to anyone. Their only fault was living too long, and keeping their hard earned fortune to themselves.

It is very difficult to solve a crime, when hit men are hired, it takes lots of good police work to tie everything together. Two cases that come to mind are Shelia Blackthorne in FL and Lita Sullivan in GA. It seemed to take forever for these crimes to be solved, but they were. They WERE solved. :jail:

IMHO

Not all of us may be on the same page, but we are all here for the long haul until this case is solved.

You know, I started out as a "follow the money" person, and that ship has sailed. SS has meticulously followed the money trail from before, during and after these horrific murders, including but not limited to the decedents. That should come as no surprise because insofar as a motive money trumps all else. Not once that we know of did that "Ahah!" moment manifest. So what does that leave us? I think a revenge killing should be considered, yet what was its genesis? What past event occurred to come back to haunt the Dermonds in such a gruesome way? And how long ago? Was it employment related? As an aside, I have a problem with this theory in part because so many years have passed, at least 15 years, and most people don't hold a grudge forever and a day unless............unless they were in prison. It's a great place to ruminate, plan and wait out a sentence before striking. Just a rambling thought.

There have been grudge killings that took place years later. It is not so far fetched.

ONE THING IS FOR CERTAIN................this was very well planned and executed..........

Certainly Mrs D. HAD to die because she was an eyewitness.............

This could easily be to send a message to family, a revenge or easily a frame-up

My question is WHO knew this place, area, people, routines so well that this was so easily accomplished, only a few IMO

Mr Dermonds body was moved a few feet and his foot was dragged thru the blood about 12-16', towels placed under the left side of his upper torso and arm, while he lay in a pool of blood...this detectives determined was to prevent the blood from running under the garage door to the driveway....

I think this puts his head/upper torso pointing in an EASTERLY direction.....the back of the Dermonds home/lakeside appears to be facing north...i have a drawing i did a while back that I cannot upload from this computer.......i have been pondering WHY his body was ever moved AFTER decapitation

FUQRA..............they point the head/upper torso to the EAST

Could it be that Mrs Dermond let the killers in and she was killed 1st and Mr D tried to escape , they killed him and dragged him back to behead him ? Do we know if both were up before the killers arrived? I remember hearing Mr D was wearing his robe but he could have put his robe on when he heard a commotion. This is why I think we need to go back from the beginning with all we know now. Puzzles get easier with each piece

Johnnyrock.....Im not certain he went back far enough, even SS said maybe he needed to go back further, AM i remembering correctly that ss ONLY went back 6 months in the D's records? Not sure about family's accounts....Has SS investigated the recent new franchise purchases (someone mentioned that here not long ago) and lien payoffs of one family member within a year of their death?

Just some thoughts .
You know, I started out as a "follow the money" person, and that ship has sailed. SS has meticulously followed the money trail from before, during and after these horrific murders, including but not limited to the decedents. That should come as no surprise because insofar as a motive money trumps all else. Not once that we know of did that "Ahah!" moment manifest. So what does that leave us? I think a revenge killing should be considered, yet what was its genesis? What past event occurred to come back to haunt the Dermonds in such a gruesome way? And how long ago? Was it employment related? As an aside, I have a problem with this theory in part because so many years have passed, at least 15 years, and most people don't hold a grudge forever and a day unless............unless they were in prison. It's a great place to ruminate, plan and wait out a sentence before striking. Just a rambling thought.

gah,,,12-16" inches not feet LOL
Mr Dermonds body was moved a few feet and his foot was dragged thru the blood about 12-16', towels placed under the left side of his upper torso and arm, while he lay in a pool of blood...this detectives determined was to prevent the blood from running under the garage door to the driveway....

I think this puts his head/upper torso pointing in an EASTERLY direction.....the back of the Dermonds home/lakeside appears to be facing north...i have a drawing i did a while back that I cannot upload from this computer.......i have been pondering WHY his body was ever moved AFTER decapitation

FUQRA..............they point the head/upper torso to the EAST

Okay from the beginning.....the friends found his body in the garage decapitated, the back BACK DOOR was the way the friends entered the home when no one came to the door.......they awaited the police on the FRONT PORCH when they exited the home to wait for them, this is where SS found them when he arrived

Mr D was in his boxers I believe and slippers and robe, can't rmember, white t shirt? Shirley was no where to be found, her wallet and purse was on counter, their meds that had been recently filled on Thursday prior to Derby party on Saturday, was on the counter, it appeared as if they'd just risen to receive their first cup of coffee.......a lamp shade by a chair was tilted, the only thing that was out of place in the home, it was immaculate clean and net, like a showplace

Saturdays puzzle in the edition of USA today which comes on friday had been worked or started

Their bed was still unmade

GW security cameras were not working, neighbors home cams captured nothing, the D's security system had been turned off, reset or soemthing recently before the murders

The daughter had visted the week of easter, prior to easter sunday, preacher confirmed it was daughter seen at church with D's on easter sunday with her children.....school aged or college aged children, not sure,, this was, i forget exactly, 10-14 days before the murder and disappearance of the D's

My thoughts were that since she was the early riser and, he would lounge in his robe if there was nothing on his schedule for the day or early in the day so I suspect she was the one who saw them first however that occurred, he heard a noise or commotion and came to the living room/kitchen to investigate.....

what puzzles me is the back door upstairs deck leads ot the kitchen was the door that was problaby the entrance for perps, why did they go to that door? Was she on the deck having coffee and the door was already unlocked, they came up the walk from the lake? I dont suspect they parked in the driveway and came around thru the screen porch to the back deck or even around the side of the house and up the stairs....WHY that door?

The garage was likely shut since it was early in the day or morning as it appeared by the circumstances in the home when body was discovered, how did he get into the garage? why was he placed in the garage? WHy was she hauled away? Why was he beheded? Why hidden in the garage? Why was his body moved 12-16 inches AFTER he was beheaded and why was his torso pointing east as these 2 clues seem to point to some religious killing as well.....the fact nothing was taken from scene and liens were paid off by a son after their death, points to a money situation

Did SS go back far enough in their financial records to even begin to find a clue?or the kids financnes?

Somethingis missing, there is a clue, my stomach churned when i heard about islamic killings and how they point the body easterly and they take nothing from the home, leave no forensics in their wake, but WHY THE D's? Was he involvd with witnessing to someone of Islamic faith? Did kids need money? Did he piss someone off?

What are we MISSING?

Could it be that Mrs Dermond let the killers in and she was killed 1st and Mr D tried to escape , they killed him and dragged him back to behead him ? Do we know if both were up before the killers arrived? I remember hearing Mr D was wearing his robe but he could have put his robe on when he heard a commotion. This is why I think we need to go back from the beginning with all we know now. Puzzles get easier with each piece

You know, SS haven't disclosed all the details of this case

BUT I wonder if he was headed to the car? if there were any bumps or scratches or anything to the car

which side of the garage was his car on? if on the right side, he had to walk between the cars to get to this driver side

So maybe that's why he was in the garage?

Or could be they walked him in there, wonder if they ever even entered the house though

NOPE... I think Fuqra/Jihad/Islamic terrorists can be ruled out completely after finding this information about pointing the torso/head in easterly direction, besides the beheading they didnt do the same to Mrs D, and they hauled her away

This completely rules this out IMO now....

I always still wondered in the back of my mind if it was still something to be considered, now this doesnt mean I am in total disagreement with foxfires theory esp if it was something agains SS,

At the moment however, I still think her disappearance was to confuse the investigation or they got lucky and made eveyrone think that because it could have been a tactic to get Mr D to talk or give up something BUT WHAT? They took nothing, Ithink if they didnt get money they'd come for then they would have just shot them both dead

SO now that points that it was a tactic to confuse the investigation to get past that 48 hr window

Hoping no one has any damage from Irma, seems to be coming thru without much fanfare
gah,,,12-16" inches not feet LOL

I still believe that by beheading Mr Dermond and not Beheading Mrs Dermond that this was someone close to them who had no problem with Mrs D . Cult killing they both would have been beheaded besides if this was a random cult killing they would have not known the layout of the house. I'm sure this was someone the D's knew very well. Dumping the body in the lake could very well be to buy time but the question is time for what?

So if we are talking about a family member, then someone had issue with him??not her.........of course she was a witness and in their mind she had to die.....but had no problem with her other than that and needed that 48 to ESCAPE , knowing any sooner there may be more clues? what kind of clues would still be on scene that would be gone in 48 hours? OR was it just the "getaway" without any witnesses....yeah people may forget what they saw and not remember the days they did witness something and maybe had it been known the day or or day after the murder, more would have been on high alert and even remembered a day or two before, but not 5 days earlier possibly
?

IDK, trying to find something
I still believe that by beheading Mr Dermond and not Beheading Mrs Dermond that this was someone close to them who had no problem with Mrs D . Cult killing they both would have been beheaded besides if this was a random cult killing they would have not known the layout of the house. I'm sure this was someone the D's knew very well. Dumping the body in the lake could very well be to buy time but the question is time for what?

hmmm, reading the Laci Peterson case at: http://www.eonline.com/news/873481/...he-grisly-crime-still-captivates-and-disturbs

Below is what it said about Scott's behavior while Laci was missing.............Guess thats not normal behavior, family should be a little more interested in finding their loved ones or the killers...........would yall agree, just made me think of the Dermond case

Scott theoretically should have been the distraught husband, pleading for any information about his wife's disappearance, tirelessly combing the area for her with the police and countless volunteers. But multiple accounts paint him as quiet, polite and oddly removed from the proceedings:

OH...MY....Got!! same website: Scott Petersons atty Geragos.....

Geragos publicly called for witnesses who could help prove his client's innocence to come forward. Later the attorney floated the theory that Laci had been abducted by a satanic cult''

NO HE DIDN"T! DId he say CULT? sound familiar? Hmm, someone else accused a cult

hmmm, reading the Laci Peterson case at: http://www.eonline.com/news/873481/...he-grisly-crime-still-captivates-and-disturbs

Below is what it said about Scott's behavior while Laci was missing.............Guess thats not normal behavior, family should be a little more interested in finding their loved ones or the killers...........would yall agree, just made me think of the Dermond case

Scott theoretically should have been the distraught husband, pleading for any information about his wife's disappearance, tirelessly combing the area for her with the police and countless volunteers. But multiple accounts paint him as quiet, polite and oddly removed from the proceedings:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member