GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do yall think the killers planned the beheading and leaving the bodies in different locations beforehand?
I really miss FOXFIRE.

Yes someone had an issue and my guess it was inheritance being paid out early ( before death) This would lead to there being no money trail for SS to track. This would also explain a few more things SS had brought up. 1 evidence he says he has all forms including dna and fingerprints ( 2 Woman in the family not being truthful during 1st interview ( why was she not truthful and about what) 3 The reward was mostly donated by the feds ( 20k) and donors 35k which was given back to the donors and now the reward is at 5k.This family inherited at least 1.5 million ( conservative estimate) and didn't put up any reward mo

So if we are talking about a family member, then someone had issue with him??not her.........of course she was a witness and in their mind she had to die.....but had no problem with her other than that and needed that 48 to ESCAPE , knowing any sooner there may be more clues? what kind of clues would still be on scene that would be gone in 48 hours? OR was it just the "getaway" without any witnesses....yeah people may forget what they saw and not remember the days they did witness something and maybe had it been known the day or or day after the murder, more would have been on high alert and even remembered a day or two before, but not 5 days earlier possibly
?

IDK, trying to find something

I think they did, if you've read back some, it was to confuse the investigation, keep LE off their trail, past that 48 hour investigative critical timeline
Do yall think the killers planned the beheading and leaving the bodies in different locations beforehand?
I really miss FOXFIRE.

inheritance being paid out early? they already gained then...Killing them wouldnt have helped them, unless just very insanely angry they werent getting more?? WHO then? Family knows IMO, they are too dang quiet and KD suggested it was a cult, I said from day one he was leading the investigation, making people in the area or even LE think such, kind of a "power of suggestion" thing, to get it in poeple's heads, confusing them more
Yes someone had an issue and my guess it was inheritance being paid out early ( before death) This would lead to there being no money trail for SS to track. This would also explain a few more things SS had brought up. 1 evidence he says he has all forms including dna and fingerprints ( 2 Woman in the family not being truthful during 1st interview ( why was she not truthful and about what) 3 The reward was mostly donated by the feds ( 20k) and donors 35k which was given back to the donors and now the reward is at 5k.This family inherited at least 1.5 million ( conservative estimate) and didn't put up any reward mo

and as we know, the fmaily gave nothing in reward money, they should have been asking questions getting invovled more, the peterson case made that even more clear......
inheritance being paid out early? they already gained then...Killing them wouldnt have helped them, unless just very insanely angry they werent getting more?? WHO then? Family knows IMO, they are too dang quiet and KD suggested it was a cult, I said from day one he was leading the investigation, making people in the area or even LE think such, kind of a "power of suggestion" thing, to get it in poeple's heads, confusing them more

Speaking of reward money....Holly Bobo case

Im sure not everyone get's $350K but come on, this is a rich community and hardly any gave nor the family in this gruesome BEHEADING where there is very low crime as far as murders much less beheading, yeah somethings wrong with this picture

Feb. 1, 2012: The reward in the Holly Bobo is increased to $250,000.
Jan. 14, 2013: A Memphis nurse and his wife announce they are offering a $100,000 reward for Holly Bobo’s abductor to surrender.
and as we know, the fmaily gave nothing in reward money, they should have been asking questions getting invovled more, the peterson case made that even more clear......

I meant that maybe someone in the family wanted the inheritance paid out early and the senior Dermonds denied the request setting up the murder.

The family stayed silent for the most part and now after 3 years they are still silent this is not right i'd be going crazy trying to find out who did this. Nobody but Keith Dermond has had a word to say and I find that very odd almost like the family is trying to keep someone quiet. SS has ruled them out as suspects even though he says EVERYONE is a suspect . SS knows who did this he just can't prove it in court because the dna can be contested .

Yeah I always thought that was odd too, i got complacent in my thinking and after reading up on some other cases, it's was clear again, this is NOT NORMAL....oh and about the early pay out ...nOW THAT makes sense!!! They got it now.....yes I really think you are on to something.....with this type of murder, I wouldnt be so nonchalant about the investigation of it.........He did say he didnt think the lying woman, whoever she was, had anything to do with it but remermber he said "but I never say never"........SURE DO WISH we knew who she was for certain.....but how many female relatives do the Dermonds have, they're all deceased since the D's were almost 90, no family living around the area. and WHO would be so interrogated......i guess we can speculate who and we have....
The family stayed silent for the most part and now after 3 years they are still silent this is not right i'd be going crazy trying to find out who did this. Nobody but Keith Dermond has had a word to say and I find that very odd almost like the family is trying to keep someone quiet. SS has ruled them out as suspects even though he says EVERYONE is a suspect . SS knows who did this he just can't prove it in court because the dna can be contested .

I have renewed hope this will get solved. In my area they just solved a 25 year old murder/rape case and it was someone who the victim knew .
I

Very interesting, hockeyguy. I've always thought the motive was inheritance. When you mentioned inheritance being paid early, it reminded me of something I heard a few years ago. There was a wealthy man in town, who had a troubled daughter. He was approaching 90, when his daughter asked him for her inheritance upfront. He declined, and fortunately, for him, she wasn't prone to violence, only addicted to pain meds. As a parent, I can't imagine the feeling of having a child ask for their inheritance early. To me, an inheritance, is something passed down to children, AFTER a parent dies.

IMHO

The lies of SS
1 He works this case everyday-. After 3 years and no person of interest I am positive he has done nothing on this case in over 6 months except answer the same questions from his hand picked reporter friends
2 Claims he has all forms of evidence - If he does then he knows who the killers are with advances in dna he knew within a week
3. He's not sure when it happened - He knows the timeframe he just doesn't want to give it away
4. He doesn't know what weapons were used to kill both - He knows the weapon used to kill Shirley Dermond I guarantee it
5 He doesn't know the reason behind the motive - He knows the motive but saying what it is would tell us who the killer is
6 Cold case team in Jacksonville looking into case after 6 months - He says they are a well known cold case team but in reality they are cops from the area where Keith Dermond lives

The lies of SS
1 He works this case everyday-. After 3 years and no person of interest I am positive he has done nothing on this case in over 6 months except answer the same questions from his hand picked reporter friends
2 Claims he has all forms of evidence - If he does then he knows who the killers are with advances in dna he knew within a week
3. He's not sure when it happened - He knows the timeframe he just doesn't want to give it away
4. He doesn't know what weapons were used to kill both - He knows the weapon used to kill Shirley Dermond I guarantee it
5 He doesn't know the reason behind the motive - He knows the motive but saying what it is would tell us who the killer is
6 Cold case team in Jacksonville looking into case after 6 months - He says they are a well known cold case team but in reality they are cops from the area where Keith Dermond lives
#6.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Messed up # 6 due to website causing typing issues .

Trying to catch up on this case. Been in the process of moving and haven't checked this in several weeks. My only issue with it being a murder to get early inheritance payout is that Mrs D wasn't found right away. Why would they risk the delay in getting money by putting her in the lake? My gut instinct about their adult children doesn't give me a good feeling. If this were my parents or grandparents I would stop at nothing to find the killers

Given the neatness of the home and yard and nothing was amiss or nothing was missing that we KNOW of but not the obvious cash in wallet or rolex watch or whiskey in basement as SS said he had quite a stash I think were his words
Lets do this again but IM going to remove anything that would be unplanned like a sudden snap by someone who had a beef with them or him and see what is left and others seemingly uninvolved

WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE? But in my mind, Ive narrowed it down to 3 and still not sure about serial killer
Let's do this:

1- see notes below

2-see notes below
3-serial killer.......would have likely seen murders of the same nature before the D's and especially AFTER the D's in the area or at least in the same state

4-see notes below
5-see notes below

6- see notes

7 -hired hit man--would confuse the investigation and leave no trace and would take head to conceal evidence, could be that someone the D's were kin to owed money or family could have hired hit needing money

8 - see notes below

9 - see notes below

10 - He could have loaned someone money without a paper trail for all we know and they killed him to get out of repayment, but I don't think this kind of rage would be there.

11 - see notes below
12 -see notes
explained

1-angry grandchild........would have left a mess, like a druggee and would have taken things from the home and probalby not beheaded nor hauled SD off and dumped in lake
2-mafia hit.....would have come in and shot them both and left them were they fell

4-drugee/neighbor kid.........would have left a mess in house and stolen items that were not stolen during this crime, probably taken all the liquor or as much as they could carry
5-extortion, well they stole nothing obvious and if they didnt succeed in extorting then wouldn they have taken something atleast?
6- robbers, didnt take anything obvious tho that was left behind
8-illigitimate son...why would they have an illigitimate son, they'd been together since 18......but even if he'd planned this out, I would think to do this there would be too much anger invovled still not to smash some things
9-mistaken identity....those idiots would have to be dead and killed by their bozz or would have been back to get the right ones by now! And tax records and gps and googlemaps gives you eveyrhig you need to find the place you want to go
11-Affair. RD was 89, maybe, maybe not a sex drive but I would think still that there would be too much anger in this situation to have left house in such pristine condition
12-Thrill kill, would have been planned out but not sure they would haul her down river

#8- An affair that he had and they didn't want anyone to ever know about ;)

Does anyone remember SS saying something about the murder weapon being something of value from inside the house? I may have dreamed that lol but wanted to ask.
And does anyone know if Mr D had a gun that he may have kept in his car? Just thinking about why he was killed in the garage

I don't remember SS mentioning a weapon of value being used but I have soe thoughts on why he was in the garage. 1 He could have put up a struggle on the way to the car with the killers 2 The killer 1st brought Mrs Dermond out there and when Mr Dermond heard a noise this was the last place he checked and they ambushed him in the garage.. I think they used the garage because of the lack of windows and easy in and out to the backyard where the boat dock is . It's just a guess

I remember in the beginning Keith Dermond said it was the work of a cult but did SS tell him this or did he just assume? If he just assumed what would make him think it was a cult?

I remember in the beginning Keith Dermond said it was the work of a cult but did SS tell him this or did he just assume? If he just assumed what would make him think it was a cult?

Sometimes when people say a cult, what they mean is a deranged satanic type cult. Just a guess that could be what he meant, like the shock factor of his father being beheaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orlando1124