GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the info on the kids waiting to have his funeral

"We haven't even had a funeral for Russell because their KIDS wanted to WAIT. Now that we know about Shirley, we will start planning the funeral services for BOTH."

From the BEGINNING, investigators TREATED Dermond's DISAPPEARANCE AS an ABDUCTION. Her purse, cell phone and car were all at the couple's million-dollar waterfront home on Lake Oconee where her husband's headless body was found.

So LE treated it as an abduction but the kids chose to wait and assumed she was dead too and have funerals together...

[video=cnn;us/2014/05/16/sot-presser-missing-woman-found-at-lake-oconee.wxia]http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/16/justice/georgia-elderly-couple-killed/index.html[/video]

YEP, near the main channel of the oconee river

watch video [video=cnn;us/2014/05/16/sot-presser-missing-woman-found-at-lake-oconee.wxia]http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/16/justice/georgia-elderly-couple-killed/index.html[/video]

well on cnn, link on here must be blocked

watch video [video=cnn;us/2014/05/16/sot-presser-missing-woman-found-at-lake-oconee.wxia]http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/16/justice/georgia-elderly-couple-killed/index.html[/video]

Here's the info on the kids waiting to have his funeral

"We haven't even had a funeral for Russell because their KIDS wanted to WAIT. Now that we know about Shirley, we will start planning the funeral services for BOTH."

From the BEGINNING, investigators TREATED Dermond's DISAPPEARANCE AS an ABDUCTION. Her purse, cell phone and car were all at the couple's million-dollar waterfront home on Lake Oconee where her husband's headless body was found.

So LE treated it as an abduction but the kids chose to wait and assumed she was dead too and have funerals together...

[video=cnn;us/2014/05/16/sot-presser-missing-woman-found-at-lake-oconee.wxia]http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/16/justice/georgia-elderly-couple-killed/index.html[/video]

Hmm, did the children plead with kidnappers to bring their mother home? I don't recall. Did they know she was already deceased?

IMHO

I do struggle with the family member angle for a number of reasons but agree the vast majority of murders are committed by close acquaintances. The money angle is always in play but in this particular instance none of it (money) could have been disbursed anytime soon because all the assets were held in a Trust. Proceeds of the sale of the house, vehicles, etc., all blended into the Trust. If I recall correctly, RD and SD were the Trustees and either succeeded the other in case of death and the next in line was the oldest son or sons, I believe. Were SD's body not to have surfaced the delay in disbursing asset proceeds would have been a few more months. Recall, you cannot disburse asset proceeds from a Trust until ample time has passed and all debts, mortgages, tax liens and attorney fees have been paid. There also has to be a tax return filed on behalf of RD and SD for the year of death, further delaying any asset proceeds distribution. In short, several months passed before anyone could benefit financially in this matter.

Ok, more clarity!! Or revelations....for me anyway! Hit me like a gut punch

I keep asking WHY turn the body after he was beheaded, according to podcast, his left foot was dragged in his own blood by 12 " or a little more.........His head was then pointing easterly if my directions are correct....someone correct me if not please

If it was, this might make investigators think it was a religious sect but the thing that makes it NOT look that way is that she was not left in this position as well

There were towels under his torso preventing the blood from running out the garage door intot he garage

WHY? ..they didnt want him discovered RIGHT AWAY

Mr D was beheaded,something that implies great anger and very personal act

They didnt behead Mrs D or dismember her becuase they didn't have a beef with her, in the killers mind, she had to go and had to be used as a too for their escape

SO..They didnt want Mrs D found RIGHT AWAY either...

WHY didnt they want her found right away? To confuse the investigation, they made escape with that critical 48 hour window of opportunity

she was removed and dumped in the lake with 2 30 lb cinderblocks wrapped in fish netting (i assume this type netting)

WHY? Why was she found in open water? Because they wanted her found but didnt want her found RIGHT AWAY either...remember that 48 hr opportunity

why was she not dismembered? Because they weren't mad at her as it appeared they had great anger with Mr D.

Why was her body not wrapped in plastic or fish netting completely with more weight in a more secluded area? Becuase they knew she would surface in the open water

Why not more than 2 30 lb cinder blocks as she weighed at least 150 lbs....I dont know how that works, just using weight logic and bodies float in the water anyway until the lungs are filled... ....because they wanted her found but NOT RIGHT AWAY

Interestingly she was found right beside a buoy!!! what better way to notice someone, which I think was coincidence but are buoys checked by DNR? if she were under water in a plastic bag, NO ONE would have thought anything of it had it been months or a year later or even noticed it as well in dark water in a cove

then the gases cause the body to rise......but NOT RIGHT AWAY and being in open water a passerby fisherman or LE would easily spot her

The issue of some female family member lying to investigators,

The issue of someone turning off or tampering with or whatever, Dermonds personal home security system in the weeks before the murder, I think it was when daughter was there, I think she said she forgot to set it? Who KNOWS

Maybe That explains the mystery on the inheritance to the heirs if mom wasn't found

Sale date of Dermond home .........5/30/2015deed and map 837 712

Pay off of Lien ....2016

Lots and lots of activity of family finances online in 2012 and 2016 then one in 2017

There is another interesting fact Hockey guy noticed but not telling and now I see why LE holds back SOME information, i think SS could have shared more but maybe one day we'll know why

On the other hand............SS does not think Family is involved nor does he think his friend Tex McIVer is guilty of malice against his wife, I am not so sure but that's my opinion

However, it appears that if you are an "alleged" upstanding citizen of his community or from family wealth, his "instincts" kick in and with no ryhyme or reasons doesnt think you are guilty, no real evidence, just doesn't think you are but let you be a drug dealer or petty thief, you are going DOWN, murder though, NAH...you have money, you are an upstanding citizen of the communtiy becuase we all know they dont commit crimes.........whatever..........

the majority of murders are committed by a family member

Mom's post said that Dermond was beheaded in the garage to possibly prevent the home sale from being too affected, since Mr D wasn't found inside the home, a little less extreme? No damage to interior. less personal to buyers?

I like that! Especially in conjunction with my most recent thoughts....
What lien was paid off in 2016?!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

You may be right.............but several months?? that's nothing to wait for............I know liens were paid off but it was a year after house was sold.........so IDK, just brainstorming, some things that came to mind....love the the rebuttals and angles everyone comes up with, keeps us on our toes...........wish we had some more morsels to go on! I would like to know if a lien was paid off due to selling of the property or just finally paid off from another source of funds..........
I do struggle with the family member angle for a number of reasons but agree the vast majority of murders are committed by close acquaintances. The money angle is always in play but in this particular instance none of it (money) could have been disbursed anytime soon because all the assets were held in a Trust. Proceeds of the sale of the house, vehicles, etc., all blended into the Trust. If I recall correctly, RD and SD were the Trustees and either succeeded the other in case of death and the next in line was the oldest son or sons, I believe. Were SD's body not to have surfaced the delay in disbursing asset proceeds would have been a few more months. Recall, you cannot disburse asset proceeds from a Trust until ample time has passed and all debts, mortgages, tax liens and attorney fees have been paid. There also has to be a tax return filed on behalf of RD and SD for the year of death, further delaying any asset proceeds distribution. In short, several months passed before anyone could benefit financially in this matter.

There was no media request nor newspaper article...Im just baffled at that..........DID THEY KNOW? HOW? that was my question.
Hmm, did the children plead with kidnappers to bring their mother home? I don't recall. Did they know she was already deceased?

IMHO

now further thoughts to add to this.........If the perps went to the trouble to not be caught, to create a 48 hr window of opportunity for escape, in this case 72 or more, placed towels under Mr D's torso to prevent blood flowing into the driveway under garage door so some passerby or delivery person didnt see the blood............why do we suppose they'd run the risk of a car in the driveway of the D's home, even if only briefly......

but on the water, NO ONE notices a fisherman in a cove, NO ONE thinks a thing of it, except me of course, since this case no doubt! So I do NOT think a car was invovled at all........you have to go thru the gates of GW detected by someone, anyone (unless of course you live in the area)and even if you do, you run the risk of SOMEONE seeing your car heading to the Dermonds home on saturday.......... ok, could be middle of the night and no one would likely notice except coming thru the gw gated entrance in that case, they may just live in the area and not have to worry about passing thru gates

MY POINT HERE is that no one is ever noticed on the lake or suspicions are naught of fishermen in coves, in the middle of the night, all the neighbors are in bed anyway adn there is no gate to pass thru,day or night

It seems to me that no car was used since they went to lengths to hide and prevent discovery of bodies RIght away.......that a boat was the likely source of ingress and egress..........drop someone off at the end of cove in the woods at dark, pick them up that evening after dark

TO DO THIS HOWEVER, the perps HAD TO KNOW NO ONE FAMILIAR WOULD DROP IN

HOW, how did they know, WHO would know?

Ok, more clarity!! Or revelations....for me anyway! Hit me like a gut punch

I keep asking WHY turn the body after he was beheaded, according to podcast, his left foot was dragged in his own blood by 12 " or a little more.........His head was then pointing easterly if my directions are correct....someone correct me if not please

If it was, this might make investigators think it was a religious sect but the thing that makes it NOT look that way is that she was not left in this position as well

There were towels under his torso preventing the blood from running out the garage door intot he garage

WHY? ..they didnt want him discovered RIGHT AWAY

Mr D was beheaded,something that implies great anger and very personal act

They didnt behead Mrs D or dismember her becuase they didn't have a beef with her, in the killers mind, she had to go and had to be used as a too for their escape

SO..They didnt want Mrs D found RIGHT AWAY either...

WHY didnt they want her found right away? To confuse the investigation, they made escape with that critical 48 hour window of opportunity

she was removed and dumped in the lake with 2 30 lb cinderblocks wrapped in fish netting (i assume this type netting)

WHY? Why was she found in open water? Because they wanted her found but didnt want her found RIGHT AWAY either...remember that 48 hr opportunity

why was she not dismembered? Because they weren't mad at her as it appeared they had great anger with Mr D.

Why was her body not wrapped in plastic or fish netting completely with more weight in a more secluded area? Becuase they knew she would surface in the open water

Why not more than 2 30 lb cinder blocks as she weighed at least 150 lbs....I dont know how that works, just using weight logic and bodies float in the water anyway until the lungs are filled... ....because they wanted her found but NOT RIGHT AWAY

Interestingly she was found right beside a buoy!!! what better way to notice someone, which I think was coincidence but are buoys checked by DNR? if she were under water in a plastic bag, NO ONE would have thought anything of it had it been months or a year later or even noticed it as well in dark water in a cove

then the gases cause the body to rise......but NOT RIGHT AWAY and being in open water a passerby fisherman or LE would easily spot her

The issue of some female family member lying to investigators,

The issue of someone turning off or tampering with or whatever, Dermonds personal home security system in the weeks before the murder, I think it was when daughter was there, I think she said she forgot to set it? Who KNOWS

Maybe That explains the mystery on the inheritance to the heirs if mom wasn't found

Sale date of Dermond home .........5/30/2015 deed and map 837 712

Pay off of Lien ....2016

Lots and lots of activity of family finances online in 2012 and 2016 then one in 2017

There is another interesting fact Hockey guy noticed but not telling and now I see why LE holds back SOME information, i think SS could have shared more but maybe one day we'll know why

On the other hand............SS does not think Family is involved nor does he think his friend Tex McIVer is guilty of malice against his wife, I am not so sure but that's my opinion

However, it appears that if you are an "alleged" upstanding citizen of his community or from family wealth, his "instincts" kick in and with no ryhyme or reasons doesnt think you are guilty, no real evidence, just doesn't think you are but let you be a drug dealer or petty thief, you are going DOWN, murder though, NAH...you have money, you are an upstanding citizen of the communtiy becuase we all know they dont commit crimes.........whatever..........

the majority of murders are committed by a family member

Mom's post said that Dermond was beheaded in the garage to possibly prevent the home sale from being too affected, since Mr D wasn't found inside the home, a little less extreme? No damage to interior. less personal to buyers?

I like that! Especially in conjunction with my most recent thoughts....

Sheriff Sills, will you be applying this method to all the DNA you gathered at the Dermond's crime scene?

It's helped to solve some cases and the latest, Lisa Ziegert case as well, 20 years later

The Hampden County District Attorney's Office released a composite image of a suspect Tuesday morning, generated using genetic material found at the scene. The procedure, called "DNA phenotyping," is new, innovative and winning increasingly wide use among law enforcement agencies seeking to crack cold cases.
The DNA analysis produced composite images showing a fair-skinned man of European extraction, likely with hazel or brown eyes and brown or black hair. Authorities released two images: one of the suspect at age 25, and one at age 50.

When they have a party for the horse race, do they set hours for coming to the event? Don't horse races run around 6pm?
If there are elderly couples, they might not like to stay out after dark. Are there street lights in the subdivision and in particular the cul de sac where the D's live? I would think the party wouldn't last too late? Sundown would be about 8pm? Maybe some friends did call to check on the D's and there was no answer? Or, maybe some friends came over and didn't get an answer to the doorbell, but didn't check any further, assuming the D's were gone? We really don't know what SS may be holding back. A lot of people order items from Amazon so UPS trucks could run until about 8/9pm delivering packages. In any event, I would think that no one would know for sure who might drop by.

now further thoughts to add to this.........If the perps went to the trouble to not be caught, to create a 48 hr window of opportunity for escape, in this case 72 or more, placed towels under Mr D's torso to prevent blood flowing into the driveway under garage door so some passerby or delivery person didnt see the blood............why do we suppose they'd run the risk of a car in the driveway of the D's home, even if only briefly......

but on the water, NO ONE notices a fisherman in a cove, NO ONE thinks a thing of it, except me of course, since this case no doubt! So I do NOT think a car was invovled at all........you have to go thru the gates of GW detected by someone, anyone (unless of course you live in the area)and even if you do, you run the risk of SOMEONE seeing your car heading to the Dermonds home on saturday.......... ok, could be middle of the night and no one would likely notice except coming thru the gw gated entrance in that case, they may just live in the area and not have to worry about passing thru gates

MY POINT HERE is that no one is ever noticed on the lake or suspicions are naught of fishermen in coves, in the middle of the night, all the neighbors are in bed anyway adn there is no gate to pass thru,day or night

It seems to me that no car was used since they went to lengths to hide and prevent discovery of bodies RIght away.......that a boat was the likely source of ingress and egress..........drop someone off at the end of cove in the woods at dark, pick them up that evening after dark

TO DO THIS HOWEVER, the perps HAD TO KNOW NO ONE FAMILIAR WOULD DROP IN

HOW, how did they know, WHO would know?

dancin---I totally agree the perps came by water. It would be so easy to do, and they would virtually be undetectable. Why risk someone seeing their car, and or cameras picking it up.

IMHO

We live on a body of water and have a dock. On several occasions, people (teenagers) have come onto our dock walked down the walkway, into our backyard, as if it were a public area. This has happened during the day, and no telling if it has happened at night. We are in the process of increasing our security back there and building a gate. My point is: When you live on the water, your property is vulnerable to trespassers.

IMHO

I hope they looked closely at the trust. My grandparents had one that was very specific about the if/then scenarios and who would handle their money. It also was specific about the legal role of the trustee verses their personal liability of that role. I am really starting to rethink this case and its becoming more clear in my opinion

More than likely the killers arrived and left by boat but I doubt they docked the boat there which means there was more than 2 people involved my guess is there were 4 people 1 operating the boat and 1 as a lookout most likely acting as if he or she was fishing.

Hey watcher...I posted that information a waaays back, I THINK it started at 4 for cocktails, maybe something going on earlier than 4, dinner 7ish and I dont remember the rest, i found the information online, just search on WS or online for 2014 derby party eatonton ga or something

NO, we dont know what SS has still that he's not shared, I wish we did, of course we could all stop now since we dont have it all but we haven't LOL

Also, because they dont know WHO would stop by or IF, they didnt use a car........was my point

they sure got lucky tho whomever....

I just really dont see anyone going to this much trouble, leaving no mess behind, for no reason....
When they have a party for the horse race, do they set hours for coming to the event? Don't horse races run around 6pm?
If there are elderly couples, they might not like to stay out after dark. Are there street lights in the subdivision and in particular the cul de sac where the D's live? I would think the party wouldn't last too late? Sundown would be about 8pm? Maybe some friends did call to check on the D's and there was no answer? Or, maybe some friends came over and didn't get an answer to the doorbell, but didn't check any further, assuming the D's were gone? We really don't know what SS may be holding back. A lot of people order items from Amazon so UPS trucks could run until about 8/9pm delivering packages. In any event, I would think that no one would know for sure who might drop by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb