GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been on lake sinclair for the past 20 years off and on, if not for my dogs,I have a few times before and I could have had people come to my door many more times from the lake without me knowing and i had all windows lakeside, one level, nothing like the D's house, ....bad thing about coves I guess, for hidden agendas, the beauty is no boat traffic wide open all day but really quiet in those coves

oh someone asked about street lights at the Dermonds, I dont know, my guess would be yes int that community but not lakeside unless their dock lights were on but

people do not notice fishermen,the cove was past their dock if any lights were on at it, they arent usually bright enough to light up the water just your dock to see where to walk and check out your boat on the lift....but fishermen slip up real quiet with their trolling motors
dancin---I totally agree the perps came by water. It would be so easy to do, and they would virtually be undetectable. Why risk someone seeing their car, and or cameras picking it up.

IMHO

You know it!! Be safe, some people have no boundaries either even if not up to no good
We live on a body of water and have a dock. On several occasions, people (teenagers) have come onto our dock walked down the walkway, into our backyard, as if it were a public area. This has happened during the day, and no telling if it has happened at night. We are in the process of increasing our security back there and building a gate. My point is: When you live on the water, your property is vulnerable to trespassers.

IMHO

I agree, if the boat hung around at all,they could tie to a tree at the end of that small cove...likely where it went to the very end of the cove and two at least exited the fishing boat and came up the wooded lot at the end of the cove and culdesac by the dermonds, could easily come around and up the back steps to kitchen, the door that was unlocked when neighbors arrived to do a welfare check ont eh D's...but could that have been the lookout guy on the lawn, for anyone coming up or looking for their ride?? IDK>...gah i wish we knoew more about him
More than likely the killers arrived and left by boat but I doubt they docked the boat there which means there was more than 2 people involved my guess is there were 4 people 1 operating the boat and 1 as a lookout most likely acting as if he or she was fishing.

How long does it take to settle auburnmom?
I hope they looked closely at the trust. My grandparents had one that was very specific about the if/then scenarios and who would handle their money. It also was specific about the legal role of the trustee verses their personal liability of that role. I am really starting to rethink this case and its becoming more clear in my opinion

Can someone get me up to speed on where the beheading is believed to have taken place? Is it where the body is laying?

I've watched a few cartel beheading/dismemberment videos recently out of morbid curiosity. Its a pretty messy affair and from what I've seen it takes places outdoors most of the time, in consideration of that factor.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hey Rotary dial....have you been on here before? If so it's been a while. Welcome

From the sworn podcast, it appeared the beheading occurred in the garage due to the fact there was blood pooled around his upper torso and neck area, and there was a drag mark where the foot was dragged thru the blood adn body moved a few feet..., AND there was a blob of blood at his feet towards the back of one of the vehicles or such, that was a round spot as if someone had placed the head there, they put towel under the torso to allegedly keep the blood from running out under the garage door.

whats your thoughts on this

Thanks
Can someone get me up to speed on where the beheading is believed to have taken place? Is it where the body is laying?

I've watched a few cartel beheading/dismemberment videos recently out of morbid curiosity. Its a pretty messy affair and from what I've seen it takes places outdoors most of the time, in consideration of that factor.

Investigators say they arent necessaryily sure he was KILLED there, however, the beheading is NOT what killed him according to the coroner....so, with that said, I dont know why they think he was killed elsewhere....or if they are referring to the body being moved a few feet and his foot dragged thru the blood as if he was moved there??? Doesnt make sense
I cannot figure whose blood he was dragged thru if not for his own, who else was killed there? not Mrs Dermond, so other than Mr Dermond being beheaded, who elses blood do they think it is?

Im confused on there take on this according to sworn podcast on this case

Hey Rotary dial....have you been on here before? If so it's been a while. Welcome

From the sworn podcast, it appeared the beheading occurred in the garage due to the fact there was blood pooled around his upper torso and neck area, and there was a drag mark where the foot was dragged thru the blood adn body moved a few feet..., AND there was a blob of blood at his feet towards the back of one of the vehicles or such, that was a round spot as if someone had placed the head there, they put towel under the torso to allegedly keep the blood from running out under the garage door.

whats your thoughts on this

Thanks

I've been reading about the case on and off over the years. I live in SE GA and have fished the lake with a friend from UGA many, many moons ago. Many beers were consumed that weekend so my memory of it is a bit fuzzy ;)

Just to clarify for anyone reading my previous comment, I don't think a cartel was involved. I only mentioned that because their videos are the most common way to view something that morbid.

It seems really convenient that whoever beheaded him did it in the garage which has a concrete floor. That makes the cleanup for whoever has to sell the home much, much easier. I'm no expert, but pressure washing, bleaching, biohazard cleanup, etc seems very simple and cheap compared to the alternative if it happened in the house.

Doing it outside would be the perfect way to leave no blemish on the house but that's way too much risk of exposure to the perp(s).

It makes no sense to me why he would be dragged in the blood though. If he was already dead, I would expect the person to preposition the body and have any tools/supplies in place before starting the gruesome task at hand.

I guess I don't have much to add so thanks for answering. I'm going to give the podcast a listen tomorrow.

What if they had to move the body to get a car out or back into the garage?

Both were killed in the same place which I believe was in the house. SS knows where they were killed and I can see why he doesn't want to reveal that info but he needs to focus on the case and not focus on feeding us bogus information and he needs to run that DNA soon unless he already has

Maybe I've missed it somewhere, but was there any mentioned follow-up on the story behind MD's murder? Though it happened years in the past, it cannot be ruled out that there were other members of the family (most notably, the other sons) somehow associated with those Mark got mixed up with. This seems, to me, like the work of someone or someones under the influence IMO. In addition, is it strange how KD stated that his "parents didn't even attend the trial," after their son was murdered, or is that a normal route of action people take in similar situations?

How long does it take to settle auburnmom?
I'm not exactly sure. I know they kept it open until taxes were filed just in case the trust owed any taxes after my grandmother passed away. I also know their's had a clause about if anyone argued with the trustee or disputed certain things then they would not receive inheritance. I think my aunt has like 20 years to completely close it out. It didn't take long at all for them to settle it after she passed away, my aunt had power of attorney before she passed away because she and my grandfather both had alzheimers.

Well they were in their early 70's at the time but yes I find it odd they didn't go to the trial. Did the person who killed MD have a child ? This was definitely a revenge killing full of rage but nobody outside of the family would know their routine, and their house as well as the murderers did. This was someone either local or related to the Ds IMO

You certainly did contribute, thanks for your thoughts....so the next best place to out of doors...........the garage,hmmm, thats a good point you and auburnmom came up with in regards to clean up and not disturbing the home or resale value

haha yeah many a fuzzy folk on those lakes haha

Ok, glad you clarified on the cartel becasue he was dead before the beheading otherwise blood would have really gone everywhere, instead of spewing or spurting it just drained out I think, no expert there but i understand the concept

Yeah crazy why they dragged him, had read watcher9 posts after yours, she said maybe they moved a car....The only way to know that is to know WHERE Exactly that round spot of blood they suspected was where the head was placed, was it directly behind car tires? if so, tires would leave a blood trail, but certainly there isnt enough room in between the cars to lay a man over 5' tall head to toe between them is there? He mustve been BEHIND and in between them, most garages and one of that caliber surely had enough room to walk around behind the cars and in between them

maybe they were going to use their car? nah, forensics would have been left behind once they found, it, a hair or fingerprints.......makes you wonder tho! There was a reason they moved the body....I was actually trying to figure out HOW they moved him to get the drag they did...initally i was thinking since KD said it was some kind of cult that maybe it was some religious group or to make it appear it was a religious group, pointing the head area east, such as a religious group might do I've read.......but we dont think it's that since they removed her from the scene instead

On the other hand, there is FF theory, maybe not a full blown religious killing because they would want eveyrone to know it was them.........however, the FF theory, those people might not want anyone to know, they may do a partial relgious scene but want that 48 hr window of opportunity

mercy this case drives me crazy

Sheriff sills, it's been 3 years, give us more information please!

AND YES, Hockeyguy, they need to get that phenotype dna thing going NOW

I've been reading about the case on and off over the years. I live in SE GA and have fished the lake with a friend from UGA many, many moons ago. Many beers were consumed that weekend so my memory of it is a bit fuzzy ;)

Just to clarify for anyone reading my previous comment, I don't think a cartel was involved. I only mentioned that because their videos are the most common way to view something that morbid.

It seems really convenient that whoever beheaded him did it in the garage which has a concrete floor. That makes the cleanup for whoever has to sell the home much, much easier. I'm no expert, but pressure washing, bleaching, biohazard cleanup, etc seems very simple and cheap compared to the alternative if it happened in the house.

Doing it outside would be the perfect way to leave no blemish on the house but that's way too much risk of exposure to the perp(s).

It makes no sense to me why he would be dragged in the blood though. If he was already dead, I would expect the person to preposition the body and have any tools/supplies in place before starting the gruesome task at hand.

I guess I don't have much to add so thanks for answering. I'm going to give the podcast a listen tomorrow.

Why do you think they wre killed inside?

BTW, DOESN ANYONE REMEMBER THAT THE NEIGHBORS LAWN GUYS HEARD LOUD VOICES NEXT DOOR ON THAT SATURDAY?

i AGREE, needs to do that dna phentotype or whatever it's called, that would very interesting but possibly quite tellings!
Both were killed in the same place which I believe was in the house. SS knows where they were killed and I can see why he doesn't want to reveal that info but he needs to focus on the case and not focus on feeding us bogus information and he needs to run that DNA soon unless he already has

I think the sons if not the daughter too were also living in the sandy springs area at that time......SS said it's not connected is all, because he says so dontcha know............LOL........I just wonder how much investigating is even going on now.........yeah I always thought that was odd they didnt attend the trail, no that's not normal IMO...........i know people who have had a family member murdered and they attend it ALL, appeals, everything and have their own input on any upcoming appeals

doesnt it seem to be the same way the kids of the D's handled their own parents death sorto of? Fly to town, fly out quick, dont discuss it any more if at all possible....however families like this do get divided after all that family drama

Some families just dont fight, its unacceptable but they all seem to get along but sadly deep down have grudges..........

Mr D's stare in that pic does seem to make him appear to be one of 'no nonsense'
Maybe I've missed it somewhere, but was there any mentioned follow-up on the story behind MD's murder? Though it happened years in the past, it cannot be ruled out that there were other members of the family (most notably, the other sons) somehow associated with those Mark got mixed up with. This seems, to me, like the work of someone or someones under the influence IMO. In addition, is it strange how KD stated that his "parents didn't even attend the trial," after their son was murdered, or is that a normal route of action people take in similar situations?

I always thought that was the easiest, less complicated way
I'm not exactly sure. I know they kept it open until taxes were filed just in case the trust owed any taxes after my grandmother passed away. I also know their's had a clause about if anyone argued with the trustee or disputed certain things then they would not receive inheritance. I think my aunt has like 20 years to completely close it out. It didn't take long at all for them to settle it after she passed away, my aunt had power of attorney before she passed away because she and my grandfather both had alzheimers.

yes but not too old yet, but still, maybe they were pleased they were sure there was going to be a conviction,seems a little unsupportive but did ANYONE go I wonder? the siblings....wow if no one did, that's really weirder, Im so loyal I would have felt the need to go even if my son couldnt see me there............Maybe their nerves were just rattled by this time, knew it was going to eventually happen, still, you can never be fully prepared for this

"OH WELL"...Seems to be the whole family's mentality
Well they were in their early 70's at the time but yes I find it odd they didn't go to the trial. Did the person who killed MD have a child ? This was definitely a revenge killing full of rage but nobody outside of the family would know their routine, and their house as well as the murderers did. This was someone either local or related to the Ds IMO

OH...MY GOSH........There was no forced entry, alarm was "Allegedly" turned off by accident in the weeks before the murder........someone had a KEY to the house

another dawning realization..............the killer or the mastermind behind this plan.........KNEW very well that no one was home next door, that lake people dont really pay attention to their neighbors unless they are dockside, that lake neighbors are mostly part time and there was plenty of tree cover and that they could boat up to the house or vacant cove lot and no one would pay enough attention to ID anyone, if they even saw anyone at all, especially at night.........proof ...becuase this happened and there aer no witnesses, no enemies and no motive and got away with it (so far) and because no one paid much attention to the man on the lawn saturday afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyacintha