GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 sons? one in jacksonville and one in PCB and maybe a grandsonn in Orlando

Just puzzling about the gunshot residue, now SS is saying his head was taken to hide eveidence as Mnay many many on here beleived early on....so IDK at this point....where'd the GSR come from?

PH said in the discussion cast he belives he was shot but on the fb page I read he said no necessarily....

BUT what about the GSR, how do you explain that away, I dont THINK Mr D had been target shooting that morning had he??

I
Certainly there is a way to hit someone on the head, killing them with little or no blood on the outside. IMO he was outside the garage, was unaware that he was about to be hit on the head and was then quickly dragged into the garage with the door down where the perps could prepare, at there own pace, to behead him. Stuffing towels against the garage doors makes sense as blood seeping into the driveway may have alerted someone to the scene inside.

Also, I believe one of the sons resides in Fl. And, imo, that is why SS went there. To possibly check the son's business books.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yeah see PH came in and didnt seem to know much about the case, in the interview SS didnt SAY it was a defense wound but early on one of the children said he had a war wound on a finger becuase SS specifically asked abou that

I think PH assumed it was since SS didnt say otherwise

I remember hearing about the war wound to his finger early on.

I'll say this again I think SS is playing a game with us. He knows when the murders happened, who did it, how they arrived and how they left. He also knows exactly what weapons were used on each victim. He also knows the reason for the murders. He has the evidence but can't sell it to the district attorney so he needs someone to tell him exactly what happened and i'm betting most of what he's said about evidence up to now is garbage just to keep this investigation from dying. The one thing he keeps saying is he's waiting for that call from someone who knows about this crime. I believe this is the only thing true he has said . Sadly we will probably never find out for sure. The reason I believe he can't sell it to the DA is the evidence he found at the scene matches someone who has been there many times or possibly a family member. Keep in mind at the beginning he said he had all forms of evidence and I don't believe this was a 1st time offender who's prints didn't show up in the system .

Will one of you explain to me what the story is on the one child lying? I keep reading snippets regarding this remark, but do not recall what it is about. TIA.

Also, regarding the one grandchild receiving an inheritance from the will - it seems one of the sons in Florida had a daughter in a former marriage and for some reason there isn't much contact between this child and the father. IIRC.

The lying as I read was about a female family member not telling the whole truth and breaking down during questioning but SS never said who it was as far as I know. Interesting about the daughter from a former marriage i'd like to know more about that.

OOOHH, thanks 123 for expounding on the grandchild issue, I hadn't known that

what Hockeyguy said about the "FEMALE FAMILY MEMBER" lying to SS....in the first round of questiong apparently she lied abuot something, SS said he was a little firmer the second time in questioning her and I guess got more or correct information and she broke down and he said he thought she was telling the truth and that she had nothing to do with the murders, HOWEVER he threw in, "But i never say never"

I did some digging and found interestingly there was a lien on someone and it was a few years before their death then a year or so after the D's death, that lien had been paid off

Perfect timing if nothing else?

Will one of you explain to me what the story is on the one child lying? I keep reading snippets regarding this remark, but do not recall what it is about. TIA.

Also, regarding the one grandchild receiving an inheritance from the will - it seems one of the sons in Florida had a daughter in a former marriage and for some reason there isn't much contact between this child and the father. IIRC.

Hockey, why do you think it wasn't a first time offender? It makes sense on the dna gathered, just cant pin it to anyone.......Im not sure tho that a family did this on their own but someone could hire it done..............but good gosh, you never know

SOMEONE killed them and left not a trace that we know of, or atleast nothing readily traceable that is......................so you have to wonder!

I'll say this again I think SS is playing a game with us. He knows when the murders happened, who did it, how they arrived and how they left. He also knows exactly what weapons were used on each victim. He also knows the reason for the murders. He has the evidence but can't sell it to the district attorney so he needs someone to tell him exactly what happened and i'm betting most of what he's said about evidence up to now is garbage just to keep this investigation from dying. The one thing he keeps saying is he's waiting for that call from someone who knows about this crime. I believe this is the only thing true he has said . Sadly we will probably never find out for sure. The reason I believe he can't sell it to the DA is the evidence he found at the scene matches someone who has been there many times or possibly a family member. Keep in mind at the beginning he said he had all forms of evidence and I don't believe this was a 1st time offender who's prints didn't show up in the system .

She. Relative that lied IMO.

Sills says he recently re-interviewed a close relative.

“I took a firmer tone this time. This person kind of broke down. After it was over with, my personal thoughts are that she certainly didn’t have anything to do with it, but I never say never,” Sills told Winne.

Person of interest: He.

While Sills has identified a “person of interest,” he cautioned that shouldn’t be interpreted to mean a suspect. Investigators have interviewed him twice.

There “seems to be no motive. There’s no reason he’d be involved in this,” said Sills

FBI profiler:

FBI profilers haven’t fared much better narrowing down the person or persons who might be responsible. They told Sills to be on the lookout for a gun and knife enthusiast.

“That eliminates just about no one, at least in this part of the country,” Sills said.

If this was a 1st time offender they certainly chose the right career path or they have experience in law enforcement or military . Just a hunch but I think it was a hired hit

Hockey, why do you think it wasn't a first time offender? It makes sense on the dna gathered, just cant pin it to anyone.......Im not sure tho that a family did this on their own but someone could hire it done..............but good gosh, you never know

SOMEONE killed them and left not a trace that we know of, or atleast nothing readily traceable that is......................so you have to wonder!

FWIW

May 17, 2014, this was the opinion of former FBI profiler Clint Van Zandt:

The cuplrits are most likely seasoned criminals — “You don’t escalate from shoplifting to decapitation,” Van Zandt said.

“This is way over the line on the sociopathic scale,” he said.

http://www.myajc.com/news/crime--la...-murder-investigation/Jam1jICnqzOVd15MBendHP/

** I wonder if his opinion has changed since then??

If this was a 1st time offender they certainly chose the right career path or they have experience in law enforcement or military . Just a hunch but I think it was a hired hit

I, too, believe it was a hired hit, but the hit was to send a message to someone in the family. They were not necessarily angry with M/M Dermond... they were actually very angry with a family member. They also must have $$ because I'm sure the killers didn't do this for free (and they didn't take the Dermond's valuables as payment because none were missing). Someone in the family must have some business and/or personal dealings with nefarious individuals... and this is the reason the family has remained rather publicly quiet about these murders. They got the message.

All my opinion.

Thinking of the "gun and knife enthusiast" FBI profiler quote... maybe all or some of the killers received payment in the form of a collectible, valuable gun or other weapon? Any locals known to have been "showing off" a recently acquired piece??

Rather off the wall thought... I know.

It takes a special person not to steal valuables especially a rolex or 2. Lets say this was to send a message and someone hired another person to do the killing this killer would have to be supervised so to not steal anything of value which means the person who ordered the killing was there and got the killer access and was probably the one spotted on the lawn. They knew the area and the house well . typing on this forum is so slow this took me 15 minutes I give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee