GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mr. D had been retired 20 years, it really doesn't make much sense for a former employee to come after him at this point in life.

Had he been receiving threatening notes or letters, I feel there would be proof of it somewhere in the house. The person would not have shown up on his door step one day unexpectedl IMO.

My thoughts still go back that it was a message to one of the sons or was it tied into the son who was murdered. The murderer is in jail, but when did that stop someone from ordering a murder on the outside? Also, there was a man with the murdered son who was injured. I don't know how badly he was injured. Perhaps he decided he wanted a settlement for the damage he has suffered all these years.

So just in these examples, we have three people who may have reasons to be very angry with the Dermonds. JMO.

Someone went in the front door but who would the dermonds let in? From the picture of the front of the house that I saw there are plenty of windows around the front door so they must have known who was at the door . Elderly people are generally paranoid about opening the door if they can't see who is there

Hockeyguy, I think the "KITCHEN DOOR" is the one that was unlocked when the friends arrived who discovered the body and MRs D missing.....IIRC the kitchen door leads to the garage AND ONE ON THE BACK upper deck.....IIRC, SS said in the swornpodcast that the friends had exited the front door and waited o n the porch for law enforcement to arrive but it was locked when they arrived

ALSO, that makes GREAT sense about the person who hired them was there too!! They could supervise the situation.......HAD to be someone they recognized if they let them in the back door

I dont think it was anyone from the business from 20 years ago at all

I do believe it could be a message to the sibling/s who were opening more franchises and maybe were invovled with nefarious individuals.....One of the sons had a lein on his property before the murder, a year before and a year after had paid that debt....and as was mentioned above also, they got their inheritance and had opened MORE franchises

SO...nefarious individuals or someone needed the damned money.............wonder what was in savings/stocks/bonds and of course the home value was over half a mil.......

someone wanted them dead....remember the netting....jacksonville and pcb is on the shore....lots of fishermen and nets used around those areas............not in lake oconee

Definitley the D's were comfortable with who arrived, even if they didnt let them in.............they opened the door

has tax 247 been back yet? I never heard locals say it was drugs as he suggested....i always heard mob hit from the locals and a deputy why many weren't scared becuase they said they were long gone back up north.........i lived on sinclair 20 minutes from oconee GW and all that side said mob hit too

Listening to updates on Tara Grinstead, Maurice Godwin interview, stated that DNA makes law enforcement lazy, they sit and wait.....made me think of waiting on a phone call "tactic" lol...........might not be much else to do but also maurice Godwin said, after so many years, you gotta change your tactics........meaning, I guess, if what you are doing aint working..........do something different........that case hadn't done any press conferences for 12 years! Nothing like making a cold case COLDER by ignoring it......

Hoping this one will stay alive in the press and here and that the murder/s are found one day !

Someone went in the front door but who would the dermonds let in? From the picture of the front of the house that I saw there are plenty of windows around the front door so they must have known who was at the door . Elderly people are generally paranoid about opening the door if they can't see who is there

FWIW, I"M PARANOID when i dont know who is at my door.......and Im not elderly......yet lol

It’s a good bet over the next few weeks that many traditional hot spots will yield plenty of shrimp downriver, through Jacksonville, and on toward the river mouth. This seems to be a strong year for shrimp, and most everyone targeting the good-eating crustaceans is getting a fair share. And while there are specific prime locations from one day to the next, most places from Palatka through Jacksonville are giving up good numbers of local, good-eating shrimp.

Cast netting shrimp is a big deal along the St. Johns, and everyone with a boat, cast net, or access to the river seems to be involved. Part of the fun is being on the water, since it gives a purpose to getting wet, tired and maybe jumping in the river to cool off. Many of the “day” casters are just out to drink a few cold ones, and throw a net from time to time. If they get a few shrimp, they’re happy. If not, well, they’re still happy.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/2014-10-04/story/shrimping-st-johns

http://jacksonville.com/sites/defau...ow__640x360/public/13771695.jpg?itok=2dvRFEv0

Sills recently called on the expertise of two detectives from the Jacksonville, Florida, sheriff's office's cold-case squad. Sills roomed with Jacksonville Sheriff John H. Rutherford when the two attended the FBI Academy.

The Florida detectives spent a day and a half in Eatonton examining crime-scene photographs and other materials, Sills said."Myself and one detective continue to work on this every day," the sheriff said.
------------

OKAY...so this was Aug 2014, 2-3 months after murders.......you just dont call in another states cold case team to help you do you? There ARE GEORGIA cold case units too.............several things caused this IMO, evidence from the crime scenes, family, friend from college.................."Hey I have a friend in jacksonville fl who might help me out here....." I mean he wouldnt even use the GBI, of course after the Tara Grinstead case, not too sure about those boys any more...........but yet, SS goes to FLORIDA for cold case unit help..............

article link...http://jacksonville.com/news/florid...beheaded-florida-detectives-help-georgia-case

GA dekalb cold case unit..............http://dekalbda.org/71/Cold-Case-Unit

On the sheriff's desk Wednesday were --4,000---plus pages of documents related to the Dermond couple's finances.
-------------------------
Youd think you would engage more than 2 men to investigate this.....needs a cold case team on it now

Was Mr. D. outside in his pjs getting the paper? He would have left through the front door and left it unlocked. Did one of the perps then hit Mr. D on the head while the other one slipped inside and opened the garage door? Mr D was now in the garage while the perps were too and now
had access to the inside?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Pretty sure SS saids the kitchen door was the only unlocked door, how the friends gained entry, they then exited out the front to wait for cops......it was too early for mail, paper for saturday comes on friday??
Was Mr. D. outside in his pjs getting the paper? He would have left through the front door and left it unlocked. Did one of the perps then hit Mr. D on the head while the other one slipped inside and opened the garage door? Mr D was now in the garage while the perps were too and now
had access to the inside?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I dont know what else SS has from the crime scene he's not shared with anyone but Im sure the podcasters would withhold if he asked but SS did know about the nettnig and the fact son KD lived in jacksonville, he cuoldhave easily called a GA cold case team but the case wasnt even cold, as you mentioned Hockeyguy
umm, yeeeeahhh, isnt THAT interesting Hockeyguy! way before cold
Hmmm the home of Keith Dermond and at a time when this wasn't a cold case

They came to take something they thought the Dermonds had but they didn't have says SS. So they killed them and didn't take any other valuables? I doubt that theory very much. Podcast says they weren't familiar with the house ( yet it was spotless) I doubt that too they sure knew the house and the people living there. They didn't randomly select this house driving down the street

Yes, I think you're right.............even SS said it wasn't random, he's changed his stance a few times.....also I wonder how many peole can pass poly's that are apt to have to take them........I hope im wrong but psychos like to themselves so much that they begin to believe them so can easily lie and they think eveyrone around them is stupid LOL
They came to take something they thought the Dermonds had but they didn't have says SS. So they killed them and didn't take any other valuables? I doubt that theory very much. Podcast says they weren't familiar with the house ( yet it was spotless) I doubt that too they sure knew the house and the people living there. They didn't randomly select this house driving down the street

Its encouraging in one way and discouraging in others. It seems the only way this case will become solved is if someone calls in like they did in Tara's case many years later. Neither of the two suspects in that case were ever on the police radar. Imo, these killers aren't going to be anyone the investigators have known about during the investigation.

If and when it is solved the name/s of the suspect/s will have never been mentioned nor were known to LE. IMO That has happened in several cold cases which were eventually solved. In several of the cases the suspect/s turned out to be someone LE had never even questioned or knew about.

But Marietta defense attorney Philip Holloway, a former prosecutor and host of a podcast, “Sworn,” which examined the Dermond mystery, said the sheriff has left no stone unturned.

“This is the most thorough investigation I’ve ever seen,” Holloway said. “I don’t think there’s anything else he can do.”

LIE to themselves. haha, like themselves too i guess
Yes, I think you're right.............even SS said it wasn't random, he's changed his stance a few times.....also I wonder how many peole can pass poly's that are apt to have to take them........I hope im wrong but psychos like to themselves so much that they begin to believe them so can easily lie and they think eveyrone around them is stupid LOL

Someone (SS, PH, or other) suggested this case doesn't quite support the motives of "insurance payout and/or inheritance"... and I agree.

JMO, but IF I wanted money and was willing to kill my own family members to get it...

I'm not going to kill them two different ways, AND I'm certainly not going to weigh down the body of one of them to delay discovery. I mean, it's possible it could have taken even longer than 2 weeks for Mrs D's body to surface (or surfaced later in pieces, or maybe never surfaced at all). So, if I don't want to wait for my 85+ year old relatives to die of natural causes to receive my inheritance, then it's very unlikely I want to wait for the legalities of settling an estate with one of them "missing" for any period of time.

ETA: But, I still think a family member knows the killer/s and/or who hired them.

Someone (SS, PH, or other) suggested this case doesn't quite support the motives of "insurance payout and/or inheritance"... and I agree.

JMO, but IF I wanted money and was willing to kill my own family members to get it...

I'm not going to kill them two different ways, AND I'm certainly not going to weigh down the body of one of them to delay discovery. I mean, it's possible it could have taken even longer than 2 weeks for Mrs D's body to surface (or surfaced later in pieces, or maybe never surfaced at all). So, if I don't want to wait for my 85+ year old relatives to die of natural causes to receive my inheritance, then it's very unlikely I want to wait for the legalities of settling an estate with one of them "missing" for any period of time.

Very true. Sills said Mrs. D's body was never expected to be found. So, who does that? Someone with a grudge against the entire Dermond clan??? Or someone within the family who knew they would never receive any of the inheritance and wanted to make sure that no one else received any money either.

The sons seemed to have moved on and are quite successful still. IIRC they did not hang around for Mrs. D to be found.

I don't think this was someone high on drugs or crazy. Too neat. Few clues. Professional - ? a professional would have made sure Mrs. D's body was never found if that was the intent. It had to be laid out. They prepared to take Mr. D's head either as a means of recovering the evidence if shot or as a message to the Dermond clan. I think they brought the decapitation tools with them. Who does that??? And then resumes life as normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee