GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A devastated son whose father was beheaded and his mother abducted a week ago today said he now hopes she is dead to ‘ease her suffering’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rgia-murder-mystery-horror.html#ixzz4xIyEu3Fa

I understand the suffering part but would you REALLLY wish your mom was dead? I would be saying, I hope she's not dead, I hope we find her, even knowing we may not........i dont think id ever say i hope she's dead..........

From your link:

Speaking to MailOnline, Keith, 55, from Jacksonville, Florida, said: ‘We are completely devastated, but our primary focus is finding our mother. The thought of her suffering is just unbearable.
‘Each hour that goes by, my brother, my sister and me are becoming more resigned to the fact that we may never see her again and we may never know what happened.
‘If she is still alive, we can’t imagine what she is going through. The human spirit is incredibly strong… but it has almost got to the stage where we hope she is with our father, just to ease her suffering.
‘Whoever did this was so sick in the head that I just can’t imagine it.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rgia-murder-mystery-horror.html#ixzz4xNmnvRkw

Whoever was the mastermind behind the heinous murders has me wondering: was he even present for the killings? I have no doubt there were multiple parties active on that fateful Saturday in May, and they weren't working for free (read: contract killings). I have often wondered if the severed head was delivered to the mastermind as definitive evidence or that it had been specifically requested. What is so remarkable is none of the participants has talked yet, nor those acquainted with them. That speaks volumes.

Johnnyrock, that was everyone's initial thought and it may come full circle but the vast majority i think, in the beginning believed or suspected it was a mafia hit. They are from Jersey people would say, NUFF SAID.....but whatever the reason for taking the head, "proof" could well be the reason... yeah, no one will ever talk I believe, how could they unless on their deathbed anyway, anyone who speaks will also die and that head taken, no one wishes that upon themselves....................no matter WHO the mastermind is......
Whoever was the mastermind behind the heinous murders has me wondering: was he even present for the killings? I have no doubt there were multiple parties active on that fateful Saturday in May, and they weren't working for free (read: contract killings). I have often wondered if the severed head was delivered to the mastermind as definitive evidence or that it had been specifically requested. What is so remarkable is none of the participants has talked yet, nor those acquainted with them. That speaks volumes.

Makes it all make sense when you put it that way Hockeyguy, tells us exactly what is happening..........and..........is the DA even involved? Seems like from any news we ever get and morsels of info, a teaser show....... SS is the only one that is allowed to do or speak on this case.......what the what.........and i dont recall the DA saying or doing anything...........something I'll dig around for.......and no nothing going on here......as usual.......

You know, we, on here, Im assuming, aren't murderers and dont really "GET" what someone that is can and will do.......the reason for most of the confusion because it's hard to fathom evil ........do you know people that are uncouth, maybe a family member that you just can't believe that if it isn't their way or about them, they could care less about anyone and throw you under the bus at any given moment? No loyalty...............YEAH THAT..........TAKE IT A FEW STEPS FURTHER.........recipe for murder

....glad you are back on, hope your computer holds up..........

Well Dancin, you took the words right out of my mouth. Many uncouth out there, and I hope I don't know any that would go that extra step...

From your link:

Speaking to MailOnline, Keith, 55, from Jacksonville, Florida, said: ‘We are completely devastated, but our primary focus is finding our mother. The thought of her suffering is just unbearable.
‘Each hour that goes by, my brother, my sister and me are becoming more resigned to the fact that we may never see her again and we may never know what happened.
‘If she is still alive, we can’t imagine what she is going through. The human spirit is incredibly strong… but it has almost got to the stage where we hope she is with our father, just to ease her suffering.
‘Whoever did this was so sick in the head that I just can’t imagine it.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rgia-murder-mystery-horror.html#ixzz4xNmnvRkw

Here I go again, on the other side of the fence.

Reading the article, I believe the son was completely devastated about the death of his father and his missing mother. He did not want his mother to be suffering at the hands of a killer but I didn't read anything that implied he wanted her dead, like murder. I also can't imagine that anyone in the family would want his head delivered to them as proof he was taken out.

I remember SS saying that they must have known the perp. He doesn't know that for sure. They must have had a key? Well, why would he decide that? If one of the D's were outside when the perps arrived, the house would be unlocked anyway. When the friends came to investigate, they came in from the back and found the door unlocked. I could imagine after the shock of what they found, they went out through the front door to wait for the police to arrive. That's two doors open. I wonder if they had dead bolts or key required bolts on their doors? Would they keep the keys in the bolts?

Some of the things that SS spouted off in the beginning probably no longer applied as the investigation in the case continued but he doesn't seem to be the type of person who would admit he was wrong on anything. I get the impression that he doesn't have a clue as to what happened or who could have done it. Remember when he was running around the country after different crimes occurred that may have fit a pattern in his head?

God me too Lawdog....I know uncouth ones tho....been watching Robert Durst case, interviews, arrests, movies, all of it this week.....yeah his High School friend had NO IDEA Robert was capable of ANYTHING much less murder........known him all or most of his life, were close, or so the friend and his wife thought.....I think in his case..........the friend from HS didnt ever cross Durst so Durst didnt HAVE to go that extra step............its scary to imagine............DID RUSSELL DERMOND invoke someone?deny someone something? we know it wasnt likely extortion, extortino in the usual sense anyway,.....maybe thru other means OR it was a message as has been suspected from the get go, for someone to gain something we an't see.........
Well Dancin, you took the words right out of my mouth. Many uncouth out there, and I hope I don't know any that would go that extra step...

Maybe not present J.R.....it would be like you suspect I imagine......contracted

hahaha, watcher9....i agree to all in your last paragraph................he does NOT or it would be solved, he is used to backwoods crimes like petty theft and small town drugs etc......until the nuwabian case and it all went to his head.......HE KNEW who he was dealing with...........so he stopped them

As far as the rest of your post, we donot have all the facts, the key in the lock, we dont know what their key situation was like and them possibly having been outside, makes sense how the perps gained entry.........I dont know that family would want their head taken either but until they know the motif, they wont be able to solve this........well, without dna or witnesses...........we also dont know however, if the murderer just took it further and to cover his and everyone's tracks, ended up out of control hence the beheading......I personally think it would be a hit............but WHY.....the family and all the weird details we've discussed makes sense too but in my non criminal mind, i dont think family would do that.....but im not a killer so I wouldnt............but think its highly possible ......and I am not sure any family member was THERE or involved but it was contracted out.........but i go back and forth too.............we just dont have enough facts like you stated basically........but I do think it is very possibly family involved....remember the lying female family member..... whoever she was, it wasn't the D's sister, i dont think they have family alive

Reading the article, I believe the son was completely devastated about the death of his father and his missing mother. He did not want his mother to be suffering at the hands of a killer but I didn't read anything that implied he wanted her dead, like murder. I also can't imagine that anyone in the family would want his head delivered to them as proof he was taken out.

I remember SS saying that they must have known the perp. He doesn't know that for sure. They must have had a key? Well, why would he decide that? If one of the D's were outside when the perps arrived, the house would be unlocked anyway. When the friends came to investigate, they came in from the back and found the door unlocked. I could imagine after the shock of what they found, they went out through the front door to wait for the police to arrive. That's two doors open. I wonder if they had dead bolts or key required bolts on their doors? Would they keep the keys in the bolts?

Some of the things that SS spouted off in the beginning probably no longer applied as the investigation in the case continued but he doesn't seem to be the type of person who would admit he was wrong on anything. I get the impression that he doesn't have a clue as to what happened or who could have done it. Remember when he was running around the country after different crimes occurred that may have fit a pattern in his head?

hahaha, watcher9....i agree to all in your last paragraph................he does NOT or it would be solved, he is used to backwoods crimes like petty theft and small town drugs etc......until the nuwabian case and it all went to his head.......HE KNEW who he was dealing with...........so he stopped them

As far as the rest of your post, we donot have all the facts, the key in the lock, we dont know what their key situation was like and them possibly having been outside, makes sense how the perps gained entry.........I dont know that family would want their head taken either but until they know the motif, they wont be able to solve this........well, without dna or witnesses...........we also dont know however, if the murderer just took it further and to cover his and everyone's tracks, ended up out of control hence the beheading......I personally think it would be a hit............but WHY.....the family and all the weird details we've discussed makes sense too but in my non criminal mind, i dont think family would do that.....but im not a killer so I wouldnt............but think its highly possible ......and I am not sure any family member was THERE or involved but it was contracted out.........but i go back and forth too.............we just dont have enough facts like you stated basically........but I do think it is very possibly family involved....remember the lying female family member..... whoever she was, it wasn't the D's sister, i dont think they have family alive

I believe the Lydia Ivanditti trial starts tomorrow in Putnam County. Should be interesting, with I could attend the trial and hoping some of you can and keep us updated.

IT DOES lawdog! i wish I could go, i think it's pretty cut and dry with this causey guy.......appears they have witnesses from TN against him..........but I know what you are thinking in all this

I came back on to say this: In the Tex McIver case, he has been rubbing elbows and wining and entertaining the Putnam county sheriff dep for years at his ranch in Eatonton...........found that interesting, sorry irrelevant here.....but I DID NOTICE THAT TEX IS LONGTIME FRIENDS WITH A STEVE MAPLES ATTY FROM ATL..........MAPLES ALSO LIVE NEXT DOOR TO THE DERMONDS.......any connections? I'm digging.....just FYI

I believe the Lydia Ivanditti trial starts tomorrow in Putnam County. Should be interesting, with I could attend the trial and hoping some of you can and keep us updated.

OH DEAR LORD......how close it THAT??? RONALD Maples EX of linda maples at 143 carolyn Dr Eatonton GA middle initial is "S"........on whitepages.com...i find a RONALD STEVEN MAPLES kin to LINDA B Maples, same as owner of 143 Carolyn Dr, next door to the DERMONDS..........WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Appparently Linda B and Ronald Steven are not together, the home is currently in Linda B Maples TRUST...........what could this mean? The Dermonds rubbed elbows with Mcivers too? I did see where the Mcivers loved the KY Derby and would go to KY for the event.......i dont know what it means but i find it interesting

Steve maples is one of Tex McIvers long time friends of more than 10 years, and his current atty for the murder of his wife Diana McIver
OH DEAR LORD......how close it THAT??? RONALD Maples EX of linda maples at 143 carolyn Dr Eatonton GA middle initial is "S"........on whitepages.com...i find a RONALD STEVEN MAPLES kin to LINDA B Maples, same as owner of 143 Carolyn Dr, next door to the DERMONDS..........WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Appparently Linda B and Ronald Steven are not together, the home is currently in Linda B Maples TRUST...........what could this mean? The Dermonds rubbed elbows with Mcivers too? I did see where the Mcivers loved the KY Derby and would go to KY for the event.......i dont know what it means but i find it interesting

RSBM

Agreed. That's why I posted the quote from the article. The headline is very misleading.

I have a hard time believing the family contracted the beheading of their father. I also feel that whoever beheaded Mr. D. and killed Mrs D., emotion did not enter into any of it. It was a job that needed to be done and therefore it was. I also don't think the head was taken to show someone the deed had been accomplished. No need.
I believe the head was disposed of in an efficient and never to be found manner.
Or so I'd like to think.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

No i read the whole article before i posted, that statement disturbed me, no matter what else was said....just sharing
RSBM

Agreed. That's why I posted the quote from the article. The headline is very misleading.

IT DOES lawdog! i wish I could go, i think it's pretty cut and dry with this causey guy.......appears they have witnesses from TN against him..........but I know what you are thinking in all this

I came back on to say this: In the Tex McIver case, he has been rubbing elbows and wining and entertaining the Putnam county sheriff dep for years at his ranch in Eatonton...........found that interesting, sorry irrelevant here.....but I DID NOTICE THAT TEX IS LONGTIME FRIENDS WITH A STEVE MAPLES ATTY FROM ATL..........MAPLES ALSO LIVE NEXT DOOR TO THE DERMONDS.......any connections? I'm digging.....just FYI

WOW! Good Work Dancin. Why do I find myself still amazed at the entourage of people associated in one way or another around this case. Talk about connecting the dots....so many dots.

More information would be great, we're really all floundering without knowing every morsel I guess....but somebody wanted them dead, that' I feel quite certain of that and I do NOT believe it to be random, drugs or extortion....there was a checksheet i posted back a ways in this thread for process of elimination (with what facts we have) if you didnt see it, maybe you can add to it if you find it or i can and repost
I have a hard time believing the family contracted the beheading of their father. I also feel that whoever beheaded Mr. D. and killed Mrs D., emotion did not enter into any of it. It was a job that needed to be done and therefore it was. I also don't think the head was taken to show someone the deed had been accomplished. No need.
I believe the head was disposed of in an efficient and never to be found manner.
Or so I'd like to think.

what psychological factor involves anger towards one victim and their death is much more gruesome than say the other victim of the same crime scene who was not murdered quite as heinously as the other.... Im recalling past crimes in my mind but can't name them, where this occurred, which indicated the type of deaths the victims succumbed to....the most heinous death was the one who someone had a problem with and the other had to die due to just being able to identify the perps but not quite as heinously since the killers didnt have a real problem with her....thought they both died, the perps are less harsh with the innocent bystander STS.....does that make sense? Does anyone know what i'm tlaking about? Have a case as an example....made me think of the Dermonds...it was like someone was really really angry with him but didnt have a problem with her so was a little more gentle, for lack of a better term

what psychological factor involves anger towards one victim and their death is much more gruesome than say the other victim of the same crime scene who was not murdered quite as heinously as the other.... Im recalling past crimes in my mind but can't name them, where this occurred, which indicated the type of deaths the victims succumbed to....the most heinous death was the one who someone had a problem with and the other had to die due to just being able to identify the perps but not quite as heinously since the killers didnt have a real problem with her....thought they both died, the perps are less harsh with the innocent bystander STS.....does that make sense? Does anyone know what i'm tlaking about? Have a case as an example....made me think of the Dermonds...it was like someone was really really angry with him but didnt have a problem with her so was a little more gentle, for lack of a better term
Yes, I see. But I think it was easier to behead the man (after he was already deceased) than a nice elderly lady (who they made sure was dead before subjecting her to the water.) I'm thinking (hoping) that the purpose was not to frighten them or make them suffer unduly, but to make others suffer by having them imagine what these 2 elderly people went through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member