GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dancin' I am looking for a link about the neighbors calling the D's on Saturday. I cannot find it, so I am probably mistaken about the phone call from the neighbors. I think this quote might be what I was thinking of regarding the neighbors.

http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article30230859.html

And I'm the same with the guys that found Shirley too. I mean you gotta look at them right? More than likely had no involvement other than the incentive could have been the reward which was $25,000? I can't remember if it actually got that high. I figure the fishermen were really familiar with Lake Oconee and maybe just thought if they were to dump a body in the lake where they would dump it and that's why they looked where they did. I don't think they ever received the reward though.

Thinking of the reward though reminds me of the lawyer, Tex McIver. BBL with thoughts on him. Foxfire first brought him to my attention early in the case.
Oh yes, several cases surrounding the Putnam County area are quite questionable and you still have to wonder if they are in some way connected.......vicious and evil!

As stated by Dancin', but too many years have passed for anyone to have the need to get rid of them, hits the nail on the head. If we are to believe that a past event is at issue, then think how long ago that must have been. Let's assume something work related and involving RD occurred in the past. Any work related issue would have to have occurred several years ago given his age at death of 88. I struggle with the passage of time theory more than anything else because it forces me to examine more current events, so to speak, that are equally as mind boggling.

Johnnyrock, something just occurred to me......when the D's built their home in GW.....had he retired then, before or AFTER? that's been over 17 years hasn't it? Unless he was still working but he'd retired i thought but not really sure the exact year....and I think his son's took over.............OH, his SON'S TOOK OVER TEH BUSINESS............so they are still running, buying or selling them, and had some recent acquisitions IIRC......................maybe not after the Ds at all
As stated by Dancin', but too many years have passed for anyone to have the need to get rid of them, hits the nail on the head. If we are to believe that a past event is at issue, then think how long ago that must have been. Let's assume something work related and involving RD occurred in the past. Any work related issue would have to have occurred several years ago given his age at death of 88. I struggle with the passage of time theory more than anything else because it forces me to examine more current events, so to speak, that are equally as mind boggling.

Johnnyrock, something just occurred to me......when the D's built their home in GW.....had he retired then, before or AFTER? that's been over 17 years hasn't it? Unless he was still working but he'd retired i thought but not really sure the exact year....and I think his son's took over.............OH, his SON'S TOOK OVER TEH BUSINESS............so they are still running, buying or selling them, and had some recent acquisitions IIRC......................maybe not after the Ds at all
No. "They" were not after the elder D's.
Jmo

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Could this be a former business associates family member?. I am thinking he might have been brought into the business by someone as an investor. Maybe the business partners family thought he was screwed out of money and 1 of them decided to get revenge. This was revenge there's no doubt about it now we just have to figure out who wanted them dead and why.

Nice thread going here. I'd like to ponder the sublime notion of some form of organized crime syndicate or murder for hire because this crime had professional written all over it. These murders were carried out by multiple persons who knew exactly what they were doing. Taking this theory further I have one slight problem with it: an organized crime "hit" most often targets the primary victim directly, thus avoiding an encore which would only expose the murderers to further risk of capture.That's not to say these murders weren't committed to terrorize the intended target; rather, traditional hits (I think) go right for the primary target. As an aside I refer to "organized crime" loosely, that is, not necessarily Mafia. So the question is, who associated with the Dermonds had a direct or indirect connection to some form of an organized crime syndicate?

I heard on a Forensic Files show (not about this) that the family told LE that there was nothing missing and it got me wondering.

The D's were elderly and probably had collected much over their years. Maybe some things were on display and maybe a lot more was boxed up? Maybe in that big house they had a storage room or two of boxed up treasures and heirlooms? Or in the attic? Jewelry? Cash? Maybe they bought wine or liquor by the case? Did they ordered items in bulk from Amazon? Lawn ornaments? Who could have really truly confirmed that there was nothing missing from the D's house?

I still can't believe nothing of value was taken since they did have things of great value. SS I think it was said there were Rolex's and my thought is this had nothing to do with a botched robbery which brings me back to my original thought this was personal. If this was a hired hit I would think even a hired killer would even grab a Rolex unless of course someone who knew the house and the schedule and the area of the victims was there during the killings ( think person spotted in the yard) . Maybe the person who was in the yard couldn't bare to see the beheading and went outside for some air. A random robbery gone bad well when you break into a house and there's a Rolex or 2 and most likely other expensive items I don't know how that robbery could go bad. Could the killers have brought or attempted to bring 1 or both of the Dermonds to the bank to make a big withdrawl? I doubt it since we live in an age of cameras and a withdrawl out of the ordinary would send up a red flag fast and that would be a huge risk the killers would take.

SS has said whoever did this left evidence as in hairs fibers and all forms of dna yet he claims he has no suspects. Does SS want us to believe this was someone whoever committed this double murder was a novice who knew how to cover his tracks. Random murder I think can be ruled out.

Maybe the Rolex was personalized with initials and items on display were one of a kind, either of which could lead to the killer if taken or tried to sell?
I thought SS ruled out any bank card withdrawal attempt.
If SS retrieved hair fibers, that should have narrowed down the race field considerably.
WS has quite a few cases where DNA has never been matched.
Maybe they need to change the rules on DNA and take samples of everyone being placed under arrest for any crime.

I still can't believe nothing of value was taken since they did have things of great value. SS I think it was said there were Rolex's and my thought is this had nothing to do with a botched robbery which brings me back to my original thought this was personal. If this was a hired hit I would think even a hired killer would even grab a Rolex unless of course someone who knew the house and the schedule and the area of the victims was there during the killings ( think person spotted in the yard) . Maybe the person who was in the yard couldn't bare to see the beheading and went outside for some air. A random robbery gone bad well when you break into a house and there's a Rolex or 2 and most likely other expensive items I don't know how that robbery could go bad. Could the killers have brought or attempted to bring 1 or both of the Dermonds to the bank to make a big withdrawl? I doubt it since we live in an age of cameras and a withdrawl out of the ordinary would send up a red flag fast and that would be a huge risk the killers would take.

SS has said whoever did this left evidence as in hairs fibers and all forms of dna yet he claims he has no suspects. Does SS want us to believe this was someone whoever committed this double murder was a novice who knew how to cover his tracks. Random murder I think can be ruled out.
I've asked this before but how does anyone know if anything of value was taken? That was a huge house. Did the kids do an inventory while they were there for the funeral? Would they know what their parents owned and what was missing?

Razz I hear you! i AGREE, who knows, not even the kids....but I did wonder if maybe no one wanted anything traced back to them by taking rolex or other personal items, someone they know that knows teh D's might recognize it, initials or not....
I've asked this before but how does anyone know if anything of value was taken? That was a huge house. Did the kids do an inventory while they were there for the funeral? Would they know what their parents owned and what was missing?

and on that note, that very fact would reiterate that this was not a robbery gone bad or they'd not be worried about being seen with D's items, not to say a bottle or two or three of Jack Daniels wasn't taken.....
Razz I hear you! i AGREE, who knows, not even the kids....but I did wonder if maybe no one wanted anything traced back to them by taking rolex or other personal items, someone they know that knows teh D's might recognize it, initials or not....

Maybe nothing was stolen because someone in the family was there which would explain the person in the yard that day. Still silence from the family and it's been 42 months with no suspect or person of interest. Odd how they haven't spoken about this not one darn word

Maybe nothing was stolen because someone in the family was there which would explain the person in the yard that day. Still silence from the family and it's been 42 months with no suspect or person of interest. Odd how they haven't spoken about this not one darn word

I never thought robbery was the motive, here. It seemed to be a planned hit.

IMHO

Remarkable

Yeah no need to take it.... Yet.... But whoever the hired hit man was apparently didn't risk it
QUOTE=hockeyguy33;13830383]Maybe nothing was stolen because someone in the family was there which would explain the person in the yard that day. Still silence from the family and it's been 42 months with no suspect or person of interest. Odd how they haven't spoken about this not one darn word[/QUOTE]

Someone knew the area, someone knew their routine, someone knew when to strike. This knowledge can't be had from casing the house out this person had direct knowledge of everything they needed.

Yep,
been saying that for years, clearer everyday
Someone knew the area, someone knew their routine, someone knew when to strike. This knowledge can't be had from casing the house out this person had direct knowledge of everything they needed.

I can see having faith in law enforcement but after 3 plus years and still no suspect or person of interest why hasn't anyone in the family asked for new investigators ? Why hasn't the district attorneys office commented on this case ? A murder like this happens and any other district attorney would be pushing for results and the office of the district attorney would be involved but not a single word from this DA . Everyone involved or affected seems to be at peace with the results thus far. If SS worked this case everyday he would have it solved unless his department screwed up the case. This case made national news and SS being an elected official should be keeping this in the news yet no updates which tells me he has nothing for evidence and wants this case forgotten because it could ruin his career. SS has only spoken to a handful of reporters and i'm sure he selected them very carefully. There's a reason why the local DA 's office has had no comment on this case. If SS is waiting for a call from someone who knows something he is sure going about it wrong, Nobody is going to call in a tip when they think this is a forgotten case. It makes me mad that SS is doing nothing but sitting at his desk waiting for a call that will never ring his phone.

You want to keep a case like this fresh in everyone's mind and hope a call comes in but if the case is not being talked about nobody will care

End of rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members