GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bet Mr D's head is also in the river. I hope searching intensifies.

BREAKING NEWS: Body found in Lake Oconee. It's that of Shirley Dermond. Woman missing from Putnam Co. Husband beheaded 2 weeks ago @wsbtv

Theye were fast in releasing her identify! I figured they'd make us wait days...
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

RIP Shirley Dermond!!!

Sheriff cracking me up with his response to "Why didn't you....." type questions:

"Well...we could have called in the whole US Navy, I guess.."

Like the General said to the Katrina flood press: "Some of you are stuck on stupid." :D

They may have been killed in or on the lake but someone certainly wanted Mr D to be found so no one would think that they went away. (LE felt early on that Mr D's body had been moved and placed where he was found). MOO

Very easy to navigate at night. The lake was formed by filling in valleys, so it is easy to discern rising land from flat water. Plus the boat would have search lamps to use, if needed.

And, yes...I think they dumped her on the way to the ramp, loaded it on the trailer...and drove back to Atlanta (or parts unknown) with boat in tow.

Absolutely nothing suspicious about entering or exiting boats at all hours. Me and my father did more boat fishing by night than by day...especially if you are looking for crappie. And if they are seen:

"They biting?"
"Nah...just drowning worms"
"Better luck next time"
"Yeah...take care"
"You too"

Press conference on now...7:11 PM on WSB.

For you maybe! I've been on the lake at night trolling and wide open (not smart)
I'll fish from the shore at night...
I don't like dark water!
Of course I freak out waiting for the boat to come back when boogie boarding too.
I can't stand it when fish bump into and nibble on my toes!
And don't get me started about cottonmouths in the coves!
Ack!

That perp had plans that weekend huh?
It was Sink-o De May-o alright...
He has probably bragged about how great his weekend festivities were.

Furious.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Just checking in and saw the news.
I was really hoping for a miracle.
So sad.

Busy day at work and I had no time to check the thread for updates. Rest in Peace dear lady :(

I suspected that is where she would be located and I agree with other posters who think that Mr. Ds head is also in the lake.

I cannot help but think, based on this information, that perhaps the perp intended for Mr. Ds body to join her there but was somehow interrupted or ran out of time to accomplish that.

Can someone give details from the PC?
TIA

TV-5 WAGA Atlanta - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Waga-Tv-Fox-5/104508566283351?ref=br_tf

Female body found-scars & other identifying marks consistent with Shirley Dermond - found by fishermen - not verified by ME/Coroner yet.

Definite homicide-no details on COD

5 to 6 miles from D's home near Dam(Possibly Green County, GA

Sheriff Sills said body definitely transported to body location

Not decapitated-no other elaboration on SD's body

What does that mean? She was carried by boat and then put in the water or what? ty

This case is a really hard one for me. I don't know the Dermonds or have any connection, by my Mom and Dad are in their late 80's. My Mom's name happens to be Shirley. This summer will be their 65 year wedding anniversary. And...they are from New Jersey.

I just made arrangements to go visit in a few weeks. I only get to see them 3 or 4 times a year. They are so precious to me.

What does that mean? She was carried by boat and then put in the water or what? ty

That it how I understood it.

The question is why????? I just don't get it.
I am sick to my stomach.

First chance I have had to log on since the news broke...

Ah me. So sad. At least now the family knows -- they will not have to wonder and wonder forever where their Mama is.

Rest in peace, together, Shirley and Russell Dermond.

Sheriff: ‘Now we know Shirley Dermond was murdered'

...The sheriff said the search for Russell Dermond’s missing head will focus in the lake around the area where his wife’s body was found — ” literally almost in the middle of Lake Oconee,” on the Greene County side, the sheriff said. The water there is deep, about 50 feet, he said....

...Sills said there was “no glaring sign of trauma” to her body,” ...
more at: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/body-found-at-lake-oconee/nfyLR/

murdered but no obvious signs of trauma to her body. Does this mean LE thinks she was drowned? Poor lady, I hope she did not suffer long whatever the manner of death.

Definitely a boat IMO. Althought the reports are not clear that I have read thus far if she was submerged or floating in the area of the lake she was found. Just that she was discovered by fishermen.

If floating, I am not sure that means her body was put in that location or ended up there later after natural decomp phases and gases brought her up form the depths.

If she was still submerged and caught on a line (wince, sorry) then it is likely that area is where she was disposed of.

MOO

I've followed this case from the start, but haven't posted. I'm so sorry for Mr. and Mrs. Durmond. I hope their death was quick, and I hope Mrs.Dermond didn't see what happened to her husband. This crime is so horrific, it's hard to know what to think. I pray no one close to Mr. and Mrs. Dermond were involved. I hope the perpetrator(s) are caught soon.

RIP Mr. and Mrs. Dermond.

This is so sad and I am so sorry to the family for their loss. The finding of Mrs. Dermond's body in the water does give credence to killer's arrival and departure by water. Autopsy results should indicate if she was alive or dead when placed in the lake. I should hold off conjecture before then but will say, I kind of could see a situation where an abduction went horribly awry (and her son by saying he preferred death to suffering might have been right on track). There may be an abandoned camping spot on the lake that might hold some clues.

This was a Friday night and fishermen like to fish on the weekends and also people like to party on the weekends. I still feel like someone was on the dock that belonged to the Dermonds. Mister went out to tell them to leave and the horrible deed ensued. People were probably drunk or using drugs and were not going to be bullied or told to leave.

I think he was killed on the spot and body drug into the garage where he was decapitated or the decap could of happened at the dock. Ms. D came out and saw what was going on so they either killed her too or took her with them. I think it was totally a killing of chance. Not planned at all. Fishing knives are very large and very sharp and fishing at night we know they would have guns or some sort of weapon with them. I just hope they screwed up somewhere and they are caught. I think it will be on video/security camera. Now that there is a location they can check the house cameras along the route. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass