GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, even though the time elapsed (~8-10 days) would seem like an eternity to Mr&MrsD's loved ones and some of this, I'm glad MrD's remains have been recovered.

Hope the perp(s?) will be brought to justice.

Sad news this evening but not totally unexpected. Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends. Also for the community where couple lived. It's been said over and over that the not knowing is worse than knowing - even when it is bad. RIP for this couple.

I really hope that LE can find something helpful on the body, but her being in water is going to make that difficult.

I also hope they find that she hadn't been tortured. I know for me it would make it a bit easier to work through the pain and loss.

At least now the children can give them a proper burial.

Anyone know what the distance of the discovery is from the D's residence? TIA

Very sad news!

Question, are they pouring through the children's financial records looking for possible shady business activities?

She may have been weighed down or caught on something. It's not an exact science.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_before_a_body_floats_after_drowning
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Since day one I have thought the perp(s) arrived by boat and that Mrs. D didn't even make it across the lake before they dumped her overboard (in a robe?...pocket full of rocks?...weighed down by anchor?).

Here is the location of the public boat ramp (Long Shoals) that WSB reported the Sheriff used to exit the lake: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Rive...=us&ei=_pF2U4jzNpXLsQTs54LwBA&ved=0CCgQ8gEwAA

This is not (as the crow flies) far from Great Waters, but it was also reported that she was found near the dam (Wallace Dam). It may have been that Long Shoals was just the easiest public ramp for LE to get access to the area.

I know nothing of fluid dynamics, but wonder if a body would follow the (subterranean) river currant to the dam.

Since day one I have thought the perp(s) arrived by boat and that Mrs. D didn't even make it across the lake before they dumped her overboard (in a robe?...pocket full of rocks?...weighed down by anchor?).

Here is the location of the public boat ramp (Long Shoals) that WSB reported the Sheriff used to exit the lake: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Rive...=us&ei=_pF2U4jzNpXLsQTs54LwBA&ved=0CCgQ8gEwAA

This is not (as the crow flies) far from Great Waters, but it was also reported that she was found near the dam (Wallace Dam). It may have been that Long Shoals was just the easiest public ramp for LE to get access to the area.

I know nothing of fluid dynamics, but wonder if a body would follow the (subterranean) river currant to the dam.
IMO that is a long way to go in the dark on a boat.
Look at all the twists and turns one must make to get from her home to the boat ramp/dam area! So did they just dump her before taking their boat out of the water and drive off?
Or was she put near a public ramp to make it look like a boat was taken out of the water?

And the perp took their boat back to their own dock?

Press conference update in a minute.....
Moo

Very sad news. Just heard. I just hope like everything that she was not alive when she was put in the water. There was a couple from Arizona who thought they were taking 2 guys for a test drive in their yacht that was for sale. They tied anchors to them and threw them over. An autopsy should be able to determine how she died. If they already have identified her then hopefully they can determine how she died. I am thinking of her family and also all of her bridge players and friends who must be totally devastated right now. If any of you are reading, I am so, so sorry.

Look at all the twists and turns one must make to get from her home to the boat ramp/dam area! So did they just dump her before taking their boat out of the water and drive off?
Or was she put near a public ramp to make it look like a boat was taken out of the water?

Moo

Is there a link we can watch it on? R.I.P. Shirley.

Oh sad news, but good in a way too. Russell and Shirley can be buried together. May they rest in peace. Sending prayers to their family and friends. My thoughts are with the whole community.

Question for anybody local. Did you all have torrential rains yesterday and last night? We did here in NC. With the amount of rain we had, it could certainly have moved the body.

Didn't someone on this thread predict early on that she'd be found there?

TV-5 WAGA Atlanta - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Waga-Tv-Fox-5/104508566283351?ref=br_tf

Female body found-scars & other identifying marks consistent with Shirley Dermond - found by fishermen - not verified by ME/Coroner yet.

Definite homicide-no details on COD

5 to 6 miles from D's home near Dam(Possibly Green County, GA

Sheriff Sills said body definitely transported to body location

Not decapitated-no other elaboration on SD's body

Moo
Very easy to navigate at night. The lake was formed by filling in valleys, so it is easy to discern rising land from flat water. Plus the boat would have search lamps to use, if needed.

And, yes...I think they dumped her on the way to the ramp, loaded it on the trailer...and drove back to Atlanta (or parts unknown) with boat in tow.

Absolutely nothing suspicious about entering or exiting boats at all hours. Me and my father did more boat fishing by night than by day...especially if you are looking for crappie. And if they are seen:

"They biting?"
"Nah...just drowning worms"
"Better luck next time"
"Yeah...take care"
"You too"

Press conference on now...7:11 PM on WSB.

Early on, reports mentioned that she may be found by the dam. I guess they expected it sooner. What kind of monster would kill an elderly couple???!!! I hope they both RIP and I hope the perp is caught soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass