GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The parole hearing for the drug dealer who is responsible for the son's (Mark) death. Mr. D was going to testify at the hearing.
That's what I understand from reading at the link Carolinapeach posted. I could be wrong. And it wouldn't be the 1st time. Lol

I just don't see how they can rule out a connection to their son's murderer.
What do they know that makes them sure of that?

This is gruesome but might explain a few things, of which "I" was unaware

http://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/behead.html

it probably wasn't performed while RD was lying at an angle and RD was probably moved only a few feet (as was posted or mentioned here) only for the heinous act to be able to be completed with one clean cut

Articles stated RD was already dead before the removal so I dont' think he was returned from another location from what I get from reading the above website

more to it if you want to read it, other points that might tell how tall the perp was possibly but not in this case, becuase RD was already deceased, you'll just have to read it

I just hope Neither suffered prolongly

I think we are on the same page.
Guess I need to go read to be sure.
The path of least resistance is what I am sensing.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Please note, I seriously DOUBT the two teen runaways in the stories below are connected with the Dermond case ... but I was intrigued enough to post these:

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/12/3094082/runaway-rentz-teens-accused-in.html?sp=/99/148/

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/14/3097375/bond-hearing-set-for-rentz-runaways.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1

They are charged with the stabbing death of a 66-year-old man in Laurens County -- there are two counties between Laurens and Putnam -- after he apparently caught them robbing his home.

The duo is from Rentz, which is IN Laurens County -- so I expect they never "ran" far, likely never made it outside of their home county, but -- I don't see in either of the articles WHEN they ran away, so ...?

The murder with which they are charged seems as if it happened last week or over this past weekend, I believe. The victim's body was found Sunday.

Very sad story, in itself.

so you are thinking not someone from within but a "hit" linked to the past? I doubt a serious jogger or walker was the perp

That video posted earlier by CLemente I think was his name stated that someone of higher intelligence or
more criminally sophisticated commits crimes at the home

so that means, someone who's done it before, someone who could fit in?

No, I do think it is someone very near. Someone earlier had posted their thoughts about maybe a jogger coming along and saying they were hurt (not really a jogger, but as a pretense) or some other scenerio. My thoughts and comments were in response to those ideas. I should have included that in my post. We can't rule much of anything out yet but I was just thinking it would be hard for anyone to justify being at the house, due to its location and seclusion, without an appointment, invitation, or some other reason known by the Dermonds. Not necessarily at the time of the crime but in preparation for the crime.

This is gruesome but might explain a few things, of which "I" was unaware

http://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/behead.html

it probably wasn't performed while RD was lying at an angle and RD was probably moved only a few feet (as was posted or mentioned here) only for the heinous act to be able to be completed with one clean cut

Articles stated RD was already dead before the removal so I dont' think he was returned from another location from what I get from reading the above website

more to it if you want to read it, other points that might tell how tall the perp was possibly but not in this case, becuase RD was already deceased, you'll just have to read it

I just hope Neither suffered prolongly

Thank you for this...I scrolled down and read the "pertinent" parts...............wow, you either know what you are doing and finish it in one fell swoop or you don't know and have to do the beheading in more than one cut.....I am sorry this is gory but it tends to give an idea of how it was done....of course we don't know but I bet the investigators can tell if this was done swiftly or in more than one cut. Either way I feel that lets them know that someone has either done this before or has really done their gruesome homework. Shudder. RIP Mr. Dermond. Nobody should die that way.

Also, the perp had to get out of that area with the head and Mrs. D. Good grief, typing that out was hard.

The parole hearing for the drug dealer who is responsible for the son's (Mark) death. Mr. D was going to testify at the hearing.
That's what I understand from reading at the link Carolinapeach posted. I could be wrong. And it wouldn't be the 1st time. Lol

The article was not clear on if he really was going to testify or not. Sills said "supposedly testify".

EDIT: not a direct quote from Sills maybe. "He repeated his comments that a rumored parole hearing in that case, at which Russell Dermond supposedly would testify or had testified, has not occurred and would not occur at least until next year." Sorry, I can't post the link. It is the same one shared earlier.

The article was not clear on if he really was going to testify or not. Sills said "supposedly testify".

At any rate he certainly won't now.
How is that not a red flag?
Moo

Well I think the parole hearing is interesting.....

Let me also say that in Jessica Ridgeway's case we saw a very progressive LE. They worked WITH the public from day 1....and the public delivered. They delivered clues, tips, Jessica's backpack...and in the end, the perp's mother turned him in. By giving the public a large portion of information and not playing games, LE in the Ridgeway quickly solved a very sad and gruesome case.
Too bad more LE officials can't use these techniques. In this day and age, I think it really works. Instead of a few eyes looking out for your perp, you have thousands.

At any rate he certainly won't now.
How is that not a red flag?
Moo

I would say that is a red flag. But, I would think that if he were expected or supposed to testify that Sills would not say he is sure there is no connection.

I missed the post related to a "parole hearing". Was there any mention of GH Jr (MD's friend who was with him the night he was killed)?

I missed the post related to a "parole hearing". Was there any mention of GH Jr (MD's friend who was with him the night he was killed)?

Is he still an inmate? I can't ever get those sites to work.

No, I do think it is someone very near. Someone earlier had posted their thoughts about maybe a jogger coming along and saying they were hurt (not really a jogger, but as a pretense) or some other scenerio. My thoughts and comments were in response to those ideas. I should have included that in my post. We can't rule much of anything out yet but I was just thinking it would be hard for anyone to justify being at the house, due to its location and seclusion, without an appointment, invitation, or some other reason known by the Dermonds. Not necessarily at the time of the crime but in preparation for the crime.

I guess the bolded is why I kind of have leaned towards someone nearby or in the neighborhood

We're all just speculating, I have no idea really but seems to me for NOW, logical that it'd be someone nearby because no one can freely come and go from the area (so they say)

still got other thoughts in my head, but I keep thinking about other cases where the perp was nearby or had access in someway to the victims

Someone said on an article posted about them "how do you make it to 88 and have THIS happen"

So so sad, I love old people, older than me old people haha

EDIT: not a direct quote from Sills maybe. "He repeated his comments that a rumored parole hearing in that case, at which Russell Dermond supposedly would testify or had testified, has not occurred and would not occur at least until next year." Sorry, I can't post the link. It is the same one shared earlier.

Oh mercy, that's something significant, wth is sills saying it's definitely not anything to do with the sons murder yet he has no freaking clue (like me lol)

I guess he's leading the witness, lol, telling everybody that getting people freaked out its a serial killer

Then again, I suppose he wants to keep his head (literally)

Thank you for this...I scrolled down and read the "pertinent" parts...............wow, you either know what you are doing and finish it in one fell swoop or you don't know and have to do the beheading in more than one cut.....I am sorry this is gory but it tends to give an idea of how it was done....of course we don't know but I bet the investigators can tell if this was done swiftly or in more than one cut. Either way I feel that lets them know that someone has either done this before or has really done their gruesome homework. Shudder. RIP Mr. Dermond. Nobody should die that way.

Also, the perp had to get out of that area with the head and Mrs. D. Good grief, typing that out was hard.

SMD did it, and he was on a busy thoroughfare in an APARTMENT complex, i never would have believed it

but he didnt' have to try to get IN the commplex and then sneak out with a suspicious boat or vehicle either, just dump it in dumpsters

WHich leads me back to SILLS, why is he leaning towards someone coming in by boat yet who does he think would come by boat? can't really see anything of the goings on at the house from a boat either can you?

Yet he's convinced it has nothing to do with son, everyones' said, including myself in the earlier stages of this forum,
how does he know if he's stymied, how can he rule anything out

grr

Well I think the parole hearing is interesting.....

Let me also say that in Jessica Ridgeway's case we saw a very progressive LE. They worked WITH the public from day 1....and the public delivered. They delivered clues, tips, Jessica's backpack...and in the end, the perp's mother turned him in. By giving the public a large portion of information and not playing games, LE in the Ridgeway quickly solved a very sad and gruesome case.
Too bad more LE officials can't use these techniques. In this day and age, I think it really works. Instead of a few eyes looking out for your perp, you have thousands.

Yes! And we were all spoiled with that excellent LE:)

I will say the GBI did a phenomenal job working with my county's LE in going the extra mile to look for Ivy M...

what about the other hearings? anyone testify? Or was this the first for RD?

I have figured a way to get to the Dermonds home and away from the Dermonds home with a body and a head....all without raising an eyebrow.

Wild speculation on my part but it works.

It's easy enough to find out where they live. The hard part is getting through security.

If you stay anywhere on the plantation or at the Ritz, you can play golf at Great Waters. So you make a tee time for Friday or maybe Saturday. Your name should.be on the manifest list at the gate. You and your buddy sail through
the guard gate in your rented car.

Before getting to the clubhouse you make a right turn and you're able to scout out the target and his surroundings.

Head up to the clubhouse, play a round and be done by early evening. On your way out, with the tools of your trade in the trunk, stop by the target's house, do your job in a professional and non emotional manner, put the body and the head in the trunk and you're out of there. Easy squeezy.

You either have a 'handoff" of items outside the plantation and return to the hotel for dinner...or not.

I would check the Great Waters golf list for both Friday and Saturday of all those who were first time visitors and start there. Did anyone rent clubs? Check against the list at the Ritz which should have their car type on file, and check to see if anyone paid in cash and so on. If the car was a rental, track it down and take the cadaver dogs with you.

Again, this is wild speculation on my part and I have a great imagination.

But sometimes it works.

what about the other hearings? anyone testify? Or was this the first for RD?

I can't find any info! When I try to look for Troy Major that Troy Davis comes up. I'm just mad now.

I can't find any info! When I try to look for Troy Major that Troy Davis comes up. I'm just mad now.

All according to GDOC offender search:

Troy Major is still incarcerated. He is serving a life sentence -- I don't know about the parole conditions attached. But the crimes were in August 2000, he was incarcerated (prison, I guess) in Dec. 2001.

So, hmmm -- 15 years is coming up in about a year, right?

As far as GH Jr., who was with MD the night MD was killed (and I believe was also injured) -- I think we don't know if he has ever been an inmate? There are two "inactive" (released) entries for the name GH that come up on GDOC offender search, both described as black males. Not sure whether one of them is the same GH that was with MD. Neither is still incarcerated, though, so if one of them is the GH in question, he is not in prison, not in GA anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech