GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Shirley Dermond...
Prayers for the Family, friends, and loved ones.....

Il Divo - Amazing Grace - YouTube

That's beautiful, I totally missed they had recovered Mrs D`s body yesterday I log on here everyday hoping they had something and I came here this morning and seen this sad news. My thoughts and many prayers go out to the family, friends and neighbors of this sweet couple. I sure hope they catch whomever is responsible for this terrible crime. Thank all of you on here also for the great insight and opinions on this case it's very appreciated.

These are my thoughts exactly. Must they have known the Dermonds and their house well enough to know they had no working cameras.? If they came in the dark I assume motion detectors would have come on? Didn't they fear there were cameras?. Hard to hide from cameras 2 people carrying a body into the garage. (I am assuming it would take 2 to carry Mr. D unless he was drug which should have left drag marks.

I wonder how many homeowners in Great Waters want desperately to put in security cameras but now trust NO ONE to work on their property??

Well Plumeria5, ya just never know.. BTK; Serial Killer Dennis Radar worked as a supervisor for ADT Security and was an Ordinance Compliance Officer..and graduated from WSU where he majored in Administration of Justice..
Go figure.. Ya just never know, huh?

http://crime.about.com/od/murder/p/raderbtk.htm

'Who couldn't see something tragic like this coming with the comments posted by the residents of RP back in 12/2012'?
Guess, hindsight is 20/20...

Bumping:

Security concerns in RP from 2012 <sniped - read more>
http://reynoldsplantationblog.com/tag/reynolds-security/

Floodlights not allowed in RP? WTH
http://reynoldsplantationblog.com/2012/12/12/safety-issues-121212-729am/

Easy Access to RP - Where's the gates? - Where is the Security? The access to RP is way too easy..
http://reynoldsplantationblog.com/2012/12/12/easy-access-121212-956am/

After much checking, there seems to be conflicting reports of which of the two boat ramps, Long Shoals or Lawrence Shoals, were where the remains were found. I think the reports indicate it's more likely that it was Lawrence Shoals, which is closer to the dam and, as the crow flies, about 5.5 miles from the house. But I would regard either location as unconfirmed at this point.

Attachments

• dermond scene 2.jpg
    dermond scene 2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 30
Yes. Weird feeling. Hinky and stinky - just :moo: and :twocents:

1. It's too much information. Why feel the need to explain that you had gallbladder surgery 4 weeks ago? To make sure no one suspected you were capable of beheading a man and abducting his wife.

"XXXX, who said he had gallbladder surgery about four weeks ago, was "doing some work around the house" earlier in the afternoon, saw his neighbor cutting grass, and suggested they go fishing for crappie."

2. Let LE hold the press conferences and announce that Mrs. Dermond has been found. He sounds like a damn leprechaun who has found a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow - good ole boy or not.

____________, a 49-year-old Putnam County resident, says he is the fisherman who discovered Shirley Dermond's body in the waters of the Oconee River.

_____ called The Messenger office shortly after 6:30 p.m. to say he had been fishing with a neighbor when he saw something that "just didn't look right."

http://www.msgr.com/news/article_2019c256-dd4a-11e3-a5f1-001a4bcf887a.html

th

the fishermen did it, with a fishing line, in a boat.............CLUE

Security concerns in RP from 2012
http://reynoldsplantationblog.com/tag/reynolds-security/

Floodlights not allowed in RP? WTH
http://reynoldsplantationblog.com/2012/12/12/safety-issues-121212-729am/

Easy Access to RP - Where's the gates? - Where is the Security? The access to RP is way too easy..
http://reynoldsplantationblog.com/2012/12/12/easy-access-121212-956am/

Gulp...does that mean they could have no motion detectors?? Are motion detectors considered "flood lights"??

I believe on here somewhere it was stated the daughter did. I assume she and her family....don't know about the sons.

OH OK, Easter was april 20, just curious, glad they got to visit, 11 more days or less, depending on when she/they left and they'd have missed that one last visit

What are the chances they find the murder weapon in that lake too

If this crime was committed by a stranger Mr. D confronted on their dock why would they return his body to his garage? Why not dispose of him in the same manner/location as his wife? Carrying his body to the garage was most certainly deliberate and meant to shock and horrify. Why the garage and not the house? Maybe the garage isn't connected to the security system? Or could the killer(s) have known a neighbor would be more likely find him in the garage than in the house?

And why take his head with them? That's what gets me thinking: not random, not a stranger. Very personal.

You would certainly think that if anyone knocked on the door late at night or early morning no one would open the door.

But as of late I have read several articles about home invasions and that is exactly what the victims did. The person came to the door pretending to need help of some kind and yes, the elderly homeowners did open the door.

We just had a home invasion case in my local area. The victim also had an alarm system but deactivated it to open the door. There was a young woman at the door and she told him her car had broken down. It was all a sham of course. She was used as 'bait' to get him to open the door. Once he did there were others waiting outside hidden and they all rushed the door. They beat the elderly gentleman in the head with an iron pipe. He survived but now has irreversible brain damage.

So while we think in this day and time no one would open their door to a stranger sadly they do time after time.

A few years back a 90 year old man was murdered here. He lived in a very upscale subdivision. He opened the door to men who said they were looking for work. Once he opened the door they pushed him back inside and murdered him right in his own home.

So it does happen. I just think elderly people are more trusting than most and the criminals are aware of that and that is why the elderly is targeted so often and also they are unable to defend themselves.

IMO

I hope Mr. Dermond wasn't like my ex-husband. If we heard a noise outside late at night or someone knocked on the door, he would just open the door and walk outside to see what was going on. And we had small children in the house. I told him how foolish that was, that if someone out there had a gun or whatever, we would all be killed.

I'm of the theory that this was very well planned out, that the perp hid outside and waited for Mr. D. to come out for the newspaper or lured him out somehow. I think the perp knew the Dermonds' habits. I also don't think it's a coincidence that the cameras stopped working a couple days earlier. I think when Mr. D walked out, he was shot in the head point blank, probably never knew what hit him. Mrs D either went to see what happened and turned to run and the perp grabbed her and maybe strangled or shot her and that she struggled, perhaps getting the perp's dna under her fingernails, had body hairs and other fibers on her -- I think that's why she was dumped in the water. I think the perp came back and couldn't move Mr. D to the lake and just decided to decapitate him due to the bullet lodged in the head or something.

But why?

Gulp...does that mean they could have no motion detectors?? Are motion detectors considered "flood lights"??

I consider them flood lights, I have some that can be set to motion or always on

BUt this could be referring to something on a pole down by the water or on the dock, people put those solar street lights or flood lights ON THE DOCK to attract fish, will have too look at pics but seemed the house was quite lit up in a pic at night IIRC

hmm, wonder if someone drove back to the house WITH one of the dermonds, cameras out but it wouldn't have mattered, but no one could have been detected inside with mr or mrs dermond, they would have gotten thru the gate if security really WAS good, once inside, carry out the attack and then maybe someone picked them up at the dock, no lights, no noise with trolling motor,
someoene may not have not seen anything if at night, perp can control the outside lights from within if they were inside WITH the Dermonds, makes sense that no vehicle was found if this was the case or would have had to be dropped off, thus skirting past security and cameras,

there probably was atleast TWO people involved, tag team kind of thing, each plays their part

just throwing stuff out there

2e2ejube.jpg

I'd like to point out where the Dermond's home is in relation to the dam.
The dam is marked by a yellow box towards the middle right of picture.
IMO there is no way Mrs. D traveled on the lake floor and ended up at the dam.
I did look up the water temps ad I believe it was reported as 74-80° - that is the top few feet.
Whether she was in 20 ft or 50 ft water it would be much colder.
Moo
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Thank you gngr~snap for this, was wondering how far the location was from Mrs D`s home. I'm on here from my phone mainly and it's hard to open some links and watch videos on here! I have family in NE Ga but not familiar with this area at all.

'Who couldn't see something tragic like this coming with the comments posted by the residents of RP back in 12/2012'?
Guess, hindsight is 20/20...

Bumping:

OMG !

So, Do we really believe that the security was educated and above some moral standards or wisdom

you get a few good ones but the pay was probably minimum wage and they needed bodies at the gates

You get what you pay for

Once, and if it is determined that SD's body entered the water at their dock and the COD is determined to be drowning. Imo, this would raise the red flag even higher on VS's swift conclusion by the ME of the COD being accidental drowning. What would the statistical probability be of two women drowning in close proximity within a couple of days of each other and one known to be an intentional homicide?.. This may be why the GBI's crime lab is being used for SD's autopsy rather than the local ME, imo.

If there is a suspicion by investigators that the two incidents may be related. Due to the state of fear already created by the horrific Dermond family crime. Imo, this information would be held close to the vest by investigators to prevent additional panic throughout this once perceived safe community...

Deja vu; I vividly remember the north GA community's state of panic and fear in the aftermath of the Meredith Emerson tragic abduction/murder/decapitation. Although the serial killer responsible; Gary Hilton, was quickly captured, his evil lingered, and the residents fear and suspicion of others continued for years. Seemed that he had destroyed the peace and tranquility once felt in this very spiritual and beautiful majestic mountainous region..

The Mystery on Blood Mountain - Meredith HOPE Emerson 01/01/2008

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/dateline/44288468

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members