GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO....Restaurant business he or sons are or were running was laundering money...something went wrong....pro hit on him....family quickly leaves town....it makes more sense than an alligator...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok. If I RSVP'd for a party, which was likely an annual event at RP, and I didn't show up at least one of my friends/ neighbors would call or text to see what was going on. I know RD/SD weren't of the texting generation,but they were of the calling generation.
Not one of their neighbors or friends tried to contact them until Tuesday?
I find that odd.

Well Plumeria5, ya just never know.. BTK; Serial Killer Dennis Radar worked as a supervisor for ADT Security and was an Ordinance Compliance Officer..and graduated from WSU where he majored in Administration of Justice..
Go figure.. Ya just never know, huh?

http://crime.about.com/od/murder/p/raderbtk.htm

Insurance agents would know the security set up. Possibly bank employees if there is a mortgage on the home. When was the home last appraised?

I'm in Georgia; the majority of people at Reynolds seem to be from Atlanta. Great Water is a part of Reynolds Plantation where the lots are more expensive. I suppose the idea of wealth is relative but by all standard measures the Dermonds were rich. Reynolds Plantation is very conservative, any Kentucky Derby party there wouldn't involve gambling or people carrying cash. This crime seems so bizarre given the age of the victims and the location. Reynolds Plantation would have been on a short list of places in Georgia where something like this could never happen. It's a place which has the appearance of being a safe refuge.

That's what I want to know. Both Dermonds apparently died of head trauma plus the decapitation of Mr. D, yet there was a lack of blood splatter in the garage where Mr. D was found. So where's the murder scene? Either LE is not revealing what they know (which is appropriate) or this murder is just too tidy and well planned to be some random psycho killer. IMO

Maybe someone witnessed a person(s) doing a major, detailed cleaning of their boat but would that even be suspicious after a day of fishing?

I really think they were murdered in or close to the house or garage by a blow to the head. The news reported that Mr. D's body was moved a bit - I read that to mean a few feet. I think he was killed and decapitated in the garage after he was already dead. There was not blood spatter, but there was blood. Blood does not spatter once the person is already dead.

This couple was in their late 80's. From the few pictures I have seen they did looked rather frail, like most people are at that age. Honestly, it wouldn't take much force to kill them.

Why take the head, is the biggest mystery to me.

Insurance agents would know the security set up. Possibly bank employees if there is a mortgage on the home. When was the home last appraised?

I used to install burglar alarms for a small company. The marketing strategy back the (1973) was to scan the police reports in the paper for burglaries and then market to neighbors of the victims. (I didn't sell them just installed them). Anyway we had this nice gentleman "Opie" who was the salesman. He gave his pitch to some folks, and two days later their house (in a high crime area) was burglarized. Guess who got incriminated by the customer? Poor Opie.

I think he decided to let the GBI have the body so that they would have all the autopsy records in one location to prepare for a trial. I am sure he turned his records for Mr. D over as well.
He knows what the killer was trying to do.
It's no accident that Mrs. D ended up in Greene County.
The killer did that on purpose.
By calling in the GBI, Sills just threw
a monkey wrench into that scheme.
Sills 1
Killer 0

*ETA: remember Mr. D has not been buried, GBI could also perform a 2nd autopsy on him as well.
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Jurisdiction? IDK :banghead:

Now suddenly the fisherman is a SUSPECT? Geez, Come on, lets not get wild here, he just wants the promised reward. Don't blame him. Probably told his neighbor "Lets go fishing for Crappies" and "collect that reward"> Nothing wrong with that. Good for him!

I'm not blaming him and he's not a suspect and I'm not sleuthing him. I'm absolutely thrilled that he found Mrs. Dermond and I am sure her family will be eternally grateful! Such a shame he won't be able to collect the reward since the reward was for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons who murdered the Dermonds. He's a local hero and should revel in all the glory of being the one that found Mrs. Dermond. (Modsnip)

For the record, I just have a problem with people who insert theirselves into murder cases and :lol: :tos: :Bennymonkey: :whiteflag: :poke: somebody please hit me over the head with a :bigstick: because clearly this gentleman did not insert himself into the Dermond murder case, he is a :hero: for finding Mrs. Dermond's body when LE could not. :loveyou: :moo: :twocents:

I think he decided to let the GBI have the body so that they would have all the autopsy records in one location to prepare for a trial. I am sure he turned his records for Mr. D over as well.
He knows what the killer was trying to do.
It's no accident that Mrs. D ended up in Greene County.
The killer did that on purpose.
By calling in the GBI, Sills just threw
a monkey wrench into that scheme.
Sills 1
Killer 0

*ETA: remember Mr. D has not been buried, GBI could also perform a 2nd autopsy on him as well.
No, he didn't "decide" -- I think he did not have a choice (not that he wanted one, IMO).

Mr. Dermond's autopsy WAS done by the GBI, also:

...An autopsy on Russell Dermond's body was being done Thursday at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's headquarters, GBI spokeswoman Sherry Lang told the AP....
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/elderly-ga-man-beheaded-wife-still-missing-report-says/

The Putnam County coroner is likely not qualified to do an autopsy; he is a coroner, not a medical examiner, AFAIK.

This link I posted earlier explains what cases REQUIRE a GBI autopsy (if GBI determines that one needs to be done), IMO:

https://gbi.georgia.gov/medical-examiners-office

Discuss the case please. Not one another.

:werk:

:gomods: :nurse: :lepsmilie: I hope Sheriff Sills is hot on Back to lurking and back to work! :lurk: :loveyou:

P.S.: California Chrome all the way Baby!

Well it was nice to have a break and watch California Chrome win the race...now I am back to lurking here as the case is driving me bonkers I tell ya,lol.....come on.....somebody catch these/this perp/perps!!!!!!!!

A beheading OMG I still cannot believe it.

No, he didn't "decide" -- I think he did not have a choice (not that he wanted one, IMO).

Mr. Dermond's autopsy WAS done by the GBI, also:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/elderly-ga-man-beheaded-wife-still-missing-report-says/

The Putnam County coroner is likely not qualified to do an autopsy; he is a coroner, not a medical examiner, AFAIK.

This link I posted earlier explains what cases REQUIRE a GBI autopsy (if GBI determines that one needs to be done), IMO:

https://gbi.georgia.gov/medical-examiners-office

Isn't Coroner Gary McElhenney on Putnam county's payroll?
Didn't he do Russell Dermond's autopsy?
I don't know... maybe I am confused.
You are right if the woman found deceased in another county it was no longer in Sills jurisdiction anyway...
Moo
Ok. NOW I SEE IT!

"An autopsy was conducted on Dermond's body at the GBI Crime Lab without his head, which is still missing."

My brain is slow today,

All too bizarre. Occams Razor needs to be applied to this case.

Occams Razor says " It states that among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected. Other, more complicated solutions may ultimately prove correct, but—in the absence of certainty—the fewer assumptions that are made, the better."

We can't come up with a possible assumption on anything:(
This is the strangest case I've seen, I think. There is also something that draws me to it, even though it feels very evil in my soul:( ^i^

I thought the "removing the head of the family" observation was stunning.....very astute thought. Can't remember the poster who said it but it hit home for me.

Have.been having tough time getting on this thread!

Just an observation: Russell was decapitated after death.
Shirley was dumped in the water after death. We know
Shirley died of blunt force trauma. That could be one quick
blow to the head. Pain and suffering was not the motive.
Killing them quickly and efficiently was. It is still jmo that
this was professional.

"So far, the team has scanned five miles of shore line from the Dermond home to the dam using sonar."
http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/hancock/2014/05/13/dermond-murder-lake-search/9034549/

I was thinking when they first began

Wow, they scanned that much? How'd they miss? Probably on the dermonds side and shore line to the dam

She must've been dumped on green side then as someone suggested, isnt' that the opposite shoreline from dermonds, I realize 5 miles from their location however

Retweeted by The Telegraph
Joe Kovac Jr. ‏@joekovacjr 3m

Puzzling new detail in slaying of Lake Oconee woman found dead in water. My story soon on http://macon.com pic.twitter.com/N2x8F557he

puzzling new detail?? Hmmmm....wonder what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member