GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know who did this and why (it seems) as though there was a specific effort made to keep the victims, body fluids, odors, Decomp etc... out of the home. Why would they care how they left the home after the murders? It's not like they would have to pay for Service Master to clean up a murder scene. The killer wanted the property to remain untouched.
Kids in cults and killers that send messages don't care about the mess.
Do we have an OCD killer now?

Lots of care and concern about the residence yet none what so ever for the residents.

This is gonna help them ID the killer.
IMO

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Exactly!!!

Maybe because they were not killed at their home but taken there after the fact. I think he was murdered elsewhere and they returned and left him there in his garage! JMO

Right, but why do that unless you want him found and his death known? Many may have thought they had gone away for a while and the investigation may have stalled. JMO

A few things are puzzlingly to me. For this person/s that committed these murders, they did not take Mrs. D. too far from the house. The perp had to suspect the lake would be searched since there was a guard house and entrance by driving was not feasible. Also, the perp did not do a good job of making sure Mrs.D. stayed under water for a long time.

Are these careless mistakes? Or the murder is not as well planned as originally thought?
Mr. D. was the intended victim and the Mrs. went outside, saw it, and therefore the perp had to make an instant decision? The two parts don't seem to fit together in my mind.

Mu opinions only.

Also from that video, sheriff believes they knew their killer.

Destini, imo that seems very obvious...But until their caught and brought to justice. There is simply no way to know for sure. What we do know is that there is a very dangerous, likely recidivist predator on the loose that needs to be caught. It is past time for Sheriff T rex Sills to loose the ego, imo.

All available Investigative resources must be utilized in this investigation before he strikes again..jmo

Elliot spoke with Keith Dermond, who said that bringing more investigators/resources (GBI) would be a good idea. Keith said that he didn't know why the GBI wouldn't be involved...

I wholeheartedly agree..

Just an FYI;
http://www.expertlaw.com/library/investigators/serial_killers.html

By Lieutenant Nelson Andreu (Retired)
Miami Police Department

Credentials and Interest
Common Knowledge
Genesis of a Serial Killer
Victim Selection
Victim Objectification
Denouement
Case Histories

A few things are puzzlingly to me. For this person/s that committed these murders, they did not take Mrs. D. too far from the house. The perp had to suspect the lake would be searched since there was a guard house and entrance by driving was not feasible. Also, the perp did not do a good job of making sure Mrs.D. stayed under water for a long time.

Are these careless mistakes? Or the murder is not as well planned as originally thought?
Mr. D. was the intended victim and the Mrs. went outside, saw it, and therefore the perp had to make an instant decision? The two parts don't seem to fit together in my mind.

Mu opinions only.

Me neither.

Also from that video, sheriff believes they knew their killer.

Someone they trusted possibly which makes this even sadder.

i wonder if they found any evidence of sexual assault on Shirley, or if she was just too decomposed to say conclusively. If she was nude when her body was recovered, that would imply that she was raped. And that's information that LE is not going to be willing to reveal to the public until later on.

As sick as it sounds, I think the killer(s) may have taken Shirley with the intent of sexually assaulting her. Not necessarily that the whole crime was committed to assault her, but the abduction part. I can't think of another reason why they'd kill the man and take the woman, unless the killer had a personal beef with Shirley.

Wait, was she in her everyday clothes or was that not true?

I'm in Georgia; the majority of people at Reynolds seem to be from Atlanta. Great Water is a part of Reynolds Plantation where the lots are more expensive. I suppose the idea of wealth is relative but by all standard measures the Dermonds were rich. Reynolds Plantation is very conservative, any Kentucky Derby party there wouldn't involve gambling or people carrying cash. This crime seems so bizarre given the age of the victims and the location. Reynolds Plantation would have been on a short list of places in Georgia where something like this could never happen. It's a place which has the appearance of being a safe refuge.

Hey Candice, I'm in GA too.. Hey neighbor...
Worked a lot of abduction; missing/murdered person's cases. Virtually every case that I have worked was on a short list of places where a heinous crime like this could happen.

One case that I became very involved in(TN Holly Bobo- 2011), the Sheriff made the statement, "Crimes like this just doesn't happen in Darden, TN".. Well, needless to say, I almost fell out of my chair.. This mind think is exactly why organized predators choose to prey on their victims in these locations; The False Sense of Security...

Abductions/homicides can happen anywhere, anytime, and to anyone...

Why am I bothered by the news in that video that LE are searching in the home for a crowbar or something similar that could have been the murder weapon...is this only now because they know she suffered by blunt force trauma? the I don't know about anybody else but I don't have a crowbar in my home...maybe it is the wording...I also noticed 'they' said Mr. D. body was found in his home...when actually he was in the garage/carport...maybe I am relying on news statements too much,lol.

JMO

he or family was laundering money for mafia or a Mexican cartel. Lost money. That's why kids left town fast too. And why they are getting weird phone calls.....JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What would we do if we couldn't throw the Mafia and the Mexican cartel into the mix.:floorlaugh: They seem to be brought in as the culprits on so many cases like this. Very rarely is it done by cartels or the mafia though and when it happens by cartels it is on the opposite of the united states.

The mafia would go after the people that screwed them out of money and not some aging parents almost in their 90s unless they are dumber than dirt because now that both have been found deceased the children will be able to inherit all of Russ and Shirley's assets.

Left town fast? Who? Their children? They were there for an entire week. Sills says he is in contact with them. What were they suppose to do by remaining there? They weren't allowed into their parents home the week they were there. Heck I think the home is still being held by LE two weeks later.

They sure wouldn't be out looking for their mother. Rarely do family members search for missing loved ones and the police don't want them to either. Even then Sills said he didn't have a clue where else to search.

Family members of murdered and missing loved ones nowadays always get nuts calling them.......from those that think they know who the killer is .........to psychics saying they know where the body is or who the killer is. Unfortunately this family is not immune to crazy weirdoes calling them any more than the other families that have had to endure their own nutty callers.

Nah, I don't agree...........this has nothing to do with their children/money laundering, mafia or cartels. Not one bit of evidence has been shown that their living children are anything other than law abiding citizens who have amassed their wealth by working hard just like their father did to amass his own wealth.

Imo, whoever this murderer is he lives right in the midst of that community.

IMO

alrighty before this thing gets legs one way or another I think we need a link to what, if anything, describes the state of or presence or lack of clothing on Mrs. D.

I have heard everyday clothing (assuming indicating daytime apparel) and now seeing people discussing her nudity.

Which is it?

Because it certainly matters and I would like the facts before I start speculating on what being found in either state would mean.

I can't imagine popping a senior citizen on the head with something like a tire iron. Killing those sweet people bycracking their heads open! But then
to behead him?

If it was "mafia" "cartel" they sure took a lot of time and risked getting caught red handed literally.

IMO this crime was made to appear that it was a" hit" ,when in reality I can see it becoming a FAIL.
We already know someone stole their identity and bought some stuff off the internet. Sadly someone has probably been taking advantage of them for quite some time and the Dermond's had either warned that if it happened again they were going to turn them into authorities,

or, they had been willingly assisting someone and have given them an ultimatum such as "this stops next month" they"cut them off" financially so the perp did the same.
Moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads