GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize....didn't realize TOS was so strict and yes I'm new...I will shut up and read on...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All good Macon. Yes just for future reference we don't do gossip. That being said it certainly is fine to speculate on that theory of it being a hit in general.

Off topic: Not so new, maybe, OLDMACONBOY -- maybe just don't hang around here too much?

(I say this because I remember you posting, briefly, at the start of the Lauren Giddings case. I think it was you that said every time you saw my user name you started thinking, "Rolling down a backwoods...Tennessee highway -- one arm on the wheel ...")

Glad to have you back with us again!

Backwoods you correct! Maybe not new just infrequent!

I agree it's not. It happened to me too. These poor folks ended up dead with less than 24 months. **I read an article about crime and fraud and how SOMETIMES there is a pattern and the wealthy elderly are targets. NOW I CAN'T FIND THE ARTICLE.
My license stolen and back then my Social Security # was on it. I had top notch credit.
$6000.00 to Radio Shack for freaking surround sound stereo....
$3000.00 to JC Penney for tools and kitchen crud.
$500.00 to Helzberg Diamonds
(Thank Gosh they gave them a low max line of credit there)

I got rid of every credit card. I have a debit card on an account that I put $50-75 a week in for running around money.
If I get kidnapped and they want $ I'm gonna be in trouble.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I have credit cards, but don't use them. Trying to pay them off. This was actually my debit/bank card. I use it when I shop on line and I have really cut that back. They issued me a new card and I guess if it happens again, I will go back to writing checks. lol

All good Macon. Yes just for future reference we don't do gossip. That being said it certainly is fine to speculate on that theory of it being a hit in general.

There is an extremely thin thin line between speculation and gossip....not sure they aren't the same

I have credit cards, but don't use them. Trying to pay them off. This was actually my debit/bank card. I use it when I shop on line and I have really cut that back. They issued me a new card and I guess if it happens again, I will go back to writing checks. lol

Won't try to type a long reply...suffice to say you are not safe with checks either....a few years ago I ordered new checks....mine and four other families had checks stolen....it was believed to have been taken from a mail drop in a larger city than mine...suffice to say "she" wrote $9,000 over a week-end...they get the checks, make the purchases on a week-end and then like on a Sunday return the items to the stores for the cash as in a refund. Talk about a gimmick....I did not have to stand for the amount but I sure had to prove to the big box stores who I was and furnish my ID....nothing is safe anymore. I felt like someone had come into my home and gone through my things....I was able to look at some of the checks she wrote...scary.....I was so mad I could have spit!

I have to wonder if Sills deliberately said he was looking for a crowbar in the house? He has said the house was the cleanest/neatest house he had ever seen. (Something like this).
So who in the world would keep a crowbar in the house? That is something one would keep in a garage or shed, not in an immaculate home.

Could he be sending a message to the killer? Reaching out to make that person agitated? Just a thought about a statement that makes no sense, but I am sure there is a reason Sills said it!

I apologize....didn't realize TOS was so strict and yes I'm new...I will shut up and read on...

There's lots of speculating going on, and has been from day one. Don't let that comment make you leave. A mod will always let you know if you are violating TOS>

Well there you have it, the big reveal.

"Motive in Lake Oconee killings may be ‘something crazy’"

Well, I DO have to say -- where in the world DID they come up with that headline (with 'something crazy' in quotes) for this story? As far as I can tell, such a quote or even the word crazy doesn't appear anywhere in the story...?

ETA - Never mind. I found it (from comments by one of the sons, KD):

“Especially with nothing of any value taken. There wasn’t a robbery of any kind. I just think it was a random thing, or if it was targeted they hit the wrong house, or something crazy like that.”
http://www.macon.com/2014/05/17/3103064/motive-in-lake-oconee-killings.html?sp=/99/148/

Well, I DO have to say -- where in the world DID they come up with that headline (with 'something crazy' in quotes) for this story? As far as I can tell, such a quote or even the word crazy doesn't appear anywhere in the story...?

I think it makes clear that neither the investigators nor the reporters have any idea what this bizarre case means.

Something crazy could be ANYTHING!

And I will not even begin to speculate!

I thought I remembered having read your posts on another case OLMACONBOY, good to see you posting again. Never fear, mods will steer you straight.

this bit right here is very helpful in explaining how in an area the sheriff described as the middle of the lake, Mrs. D was caught up in brush and yet floating as described by the fishermen who found her.

Very helpful in helping me clear up my questions about that apparent discrepancy

When the Oconee River was flooded to build the lake in the late 1970s, trees were left standing, in part, to create underwater habitats for fish.

Dermond’s body was found in 46 feet of water, in a part of the lake where the tops of underwater trees jut close to or above the surface.

A source familiar with the investigation told The Telegraph that the body had been “placed” where it was found. The source did not elaborate.

Even so, the revelation indicates that Dermond’s corpse was not adrift and that authorities now have evidence of how her killer may have tried to hide her body.

Such clues could prove helpful in determining the validity of tips should people claiming to know specifics of the crime come forward, or when potential suspects are questioned.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/17/310...conee-killings.html?sp=/99/148/#storylink=cpy

Is the revealing info the tweet was referring to that Shirley's body was placed there and didn't float there? In order for it not to float away from where it was placed it must have been tied or secured somehow?

And, I must say I want to give all of her bridge partners a great big:grouphug: Bless their hearts!!

The story gives us a better personal glimpse of Russell and Shirley -- little anecdotes shared by the bridge club. Very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member