GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure seems like the killer took care not to cause any damage to the home.
We know the doors were unlocked. He could have.hidden Mr.D inside he home, but he chose to leave the body in the garage.
Moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

less forensics if you dont' go inside? hair, nails, blood, whatever...

I mean they'd still have forensics outside but the lack of going inside might be to protect themselves a little more, not touching as much maybe

where is it about the drag marks in the yard, I read it here but never saw an article on it

IDK

Who said she was nude? Someone posted and said... "IF" she were nude. Obviously that poster hadn't seen the other post with the link to the video with the reporter saying Mrs. D. was found in everyday clothing. The statement about the clothing wasn't even in the article that accompanied the video.

That was me. Sorry D:

In my defense, the article should have mentioned the clothing; that's important info and not everyone watches the 2-minute news clips that accompany an article.
I just deleted the post in question so nobody else gets confused.

I like that, yes big boat, jon boat might be suspicious looking, nice boat, would be uniform to the area, would have fish finder and depth finder on his boat, if he even needed one

wow, so he surely lives over there somewhere? Not all that participate in the tournaments do though but he possibly does

SO getting the perp pinned down in some personal ways, location and his habits

SO NOW...... WHY did he kill them for no APPARENT reason

This is what I was referring to in regards to knowing more about the killer.
He KNEW the lake. Well.
Probably someone who
fishes a lot, Maybe even in tournaments?
He probably has a boat that he keeps on the lake and I bet it is not a john boat.
-He knew about the underwater trees.Used for underwater fish habitat.
-He knew that area well enough to know he was placing her in Greene County.
-He knew that there were no homes anywhere close by and he could dispose of her under the cover of darkness and not be seen.*and there was almost no moon that night.
-He killed her first so no one would hear anything that would raise a red flag.
-He took the boat directly to the predetermined location that he knew about because he lives in and frequents the area. He was hoping he could drop her down in the trees and debris and she would sink and become entangled and never be found.

He almost succeeded....
moo

BBM
I agree with you on this. I didn't understand what the sheriff meant when he said "she had been placed there" until this latest story. They knew the lake! There is no way someone would have not placed her there without knowing.

Anyone who fishes there regularly would know the lake. Doesn't mean they live there. From what has been reported it is a public lake and a very busy one. Day and night. jmo

That was me. Sorry D:

In my defense, the article should have mentioned the clothing; that's important info and not everyone watches the 2-minute news clips that accompany an article.
I just deleted the post in question so nobody else gets confused.

Yeah I always thought the video was the same as the article below haha I've probably missed a lot

Some people are so heartless...you have 2 people almost in their 90's, only for some psycho to murder them in such in a horrific way. Then the police are openly saying they have no leads. This whole situation is horribly sad and troubling. I hope they will catch the ones who did this. And im also VERY curious as to what motive the people who did this could have had, I mean there was no ransom and I dont remember hearing about anything being stolen from the house.

I have to wonder if Sills deliberately said he was looking for a crowbar in the house? He has said the house was the cleanest/neatest house he had ever seen. (Something like this).
So who in the world would keep a crowbar in the house? That is something one would keep in a garage or shed, not in an immaculate home.

Could he be sending a message to the killer? Reaching out to make that person agitated? Just a thought about a statement that makes no sense, but I am sure there is a reason Sills said it!

The reporter said he was looking for "a crowbar or whatever".

I wonder if sometimes people say "house" when they are actually referring to the garage. Our garage is attached to our home and I just think of it as a part of our house.

less forensics if you dont' go inside? hair, nails, blood, whatever...

I mean they'd still have forensics outside but the lack of going inside might be to protect themselves a little more, not touching as much maybe

where is it about the drag marks in the yard, I read it here but never saw an article on it

IDK

I don't remember seeing anything about drag marks in the yard. I thought the sheriff said drag marks in the garage like the body had been moved a few feet. I would also be interested in finding out where that comment came from.

The reporter said he was looking for "a crowbar or whatever".

I wonder if sometimes people say "house" when they are actually referring to the garage. Our garage is attached to our home and I just think of it as a part of our house.

THANK YOU

MEE TOO!

If it's attached, it's part of the house in my mind especially if talking a general location from a distance, "in that house" or even "inside" to me, someone may be referring to ANYWHERE under that roof which would be an attached garage and especially if being referred to by a neighbor

I don't remember seeing anything about drag marks in the yard. I thought the sheriff said drag marks in the garage like the body had been moved a few feet. I would also be interested in finding out where that comment came from.

Ok, well I rememrber something about grass blades

Is there another keyword search to search out the individual posts by members? the search bar i use here is never finds anything

yes, if dragging was described in a link I do not recall it but I too have seen it discussed.

I know the sheriff has stated they did not believe that the garage is the scene of the crime and that the body may have been moved.

I know the sheriff did comment something about there not being bullet holes in the garage which had us all speculating that maybe the head was taken to conceal bullet evidence ballistics etc but at that time the sheriff made that comment they may have been investigating the possibility of death by gunshot solely based on the missing head concealing evidence of COD.

Once Mrs. D was found it became much less likely that Mr. D. died by means other than those Mrs. D died of.

Would love to see more about what exactly the sheriff has had to say about the placement of Mr. D's body.

I did not know that the tree stumps were there, that's like Lake Blackshear ! ANd people SKI IN THAT WATER

Anyway, sounds like the perps tried to hide the body and maybe the head in the bottom where all the roots are, something was said in the article about sonar not being able to get in there easily to look because of that

The being PLACED I gather as meaning, SD was placed there in that area, underwater where the roots are, hoping it would not surface, but it did and hung at the water line on the trunk sticking up instead of in the roots at the bottom as they maybe hoped

Not necessarily PLACED on that tree limb sticking up as it sounds

Of course did we think they were experts? Sounds amateur

I don't know. It almost sounds to me as if the perp. may have placed her where she would likely be found eventually. It sounds like that would be a spot that is popular for fishing. A spot where boats may tie off to fish in one spot. A place where fish would gather. I think he may have wanted her to be found.

Is there another keyword search to search out the individual posts by members? the search bar i use here is never finds anything

This was speculation when some were talking about the reptile that shall not be named.

I like that, yes big boat, jon boat might be suspicious looking, nice boat, would be uniform to the area, would have fish finder and depth finder on his boat, if he even needed one

wow, so he surely lives over there somewhere? Not all that participate in the tournaments do though but he possibly does

SO getting the perp pinned down in some personal ways, location and his habits

SO NOW...... WHY did he kill them for no APPARENT reason

I seriously spelled jon boat wrong? :doh:
I was thinking he really couldn't drape a body over the bench seats in a jon boat. Sure he didn't plan on anyone seeing him but. Same idea about a canoe. He really had to have a decent sized boat. In would think he would place her in the middle of the boat on the floor so that she couldn't be seen from another boat passing beside him.
Also you couldn't dump a body from a jon boat by yourself without possibly going over board yourself.
I guess he could have had help but imo he acted alone.

I could see him selling a nice boat in the event someone tied it to him that night.

I hope LE is checking Craig's Lists and the like.
moo

I don't know. It almost sounds to me as if the perp. may have placed her where she would likely be found eventually. It sounds like that would be a spot that is popular for fishing. A spot where boats may tie off to fish in one spot. A place where fish would gather. I think he may have wanted her to be found.

WELLL HEKK, why go to all that trouble?! You're right tho, someone fishing would probably have caught

well or maybe the fish would have gotten rid of it sooner was his hopes, especially catfish if he thought it was ensnared or entangled in the roots

I agree motherocean. It seems that LE is leaning toward that theory as well. She was placed there but they do not say how. But I love to fish and I know you are correct that the area described in the article would be a popular spot for tying off and dropping a couple of lines.

If you know who you are searching for Google often brings it up for me. Or you can go to their profile on websleuths and view there posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member