GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the killer have placed her there as a resting spot, one where he could return to "visit" her?

It's the best fishing spot. They knew she would be found quickly by fishermen!

he walked early, right? they were in street clothes, they didn't get their morning saturday mail, she had worked the crossword puzzle in fri's paper, it was after 430 probably but before or just after supper, not stomach contents have been mentioned, so maybe before supper, she was cooking, had already ralaxed a bit and done the puzzle, she heard a noise outside, or he did and then later came in for her, or she came out looking for him, I hope and pray she did NOT WITNESS that scene, poor woman, poor man, gosh, yes it was a surprise, maybe even knew them, why it wasn't messy

JM thoughts, throwing it around

Newspaper in my hood is delivered before 7am. Mail is not delivered until AFTER 6 pm.

"Officials said that based on their investigation, they have been able to narrow the time-frame of Russell Dermond's murder to somewhere between 4:30 p.m., on Friday, May 2 – when the mail was delivered – to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 3, when the couple did not show up for a party."
http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...05/16/lake-oconee-body-putnam-county/9187743/

So they did pick up their Friday 4:30 pm mail. Or, should I say, someone took out their mail on Friday.

What if someone posed as a mailman and brought the mail to the door on Friday? They opened the door...

It is still haunting me about their home being so clean and "immaculate" according to Sheriff Sills. We have been told they did not have outside cleaning help. Will somebody please tell me how Mr. or Mrs. D cleaned all those floor to ceiling windows on the back of their house which faces the lake?

Windex window cleaner that attaches to your hose. It's quick and easy and does a good job!

If the ME has stated that a crowbar is the weapon could someone link it please. Sorry but I must have missed it while I selpt last night. I believe LE are looking for something along the lines (similar) to a crowbar and have surmised they do so based on ME findings but I have not seen where it has been confirmed that ME says - crowbar. Thanks for any help in getting caught up.

They never said crow When The sheriff said he is “doing something else” on the lake, but declined to elaborate. A poster then said maybe they will use a metal detector to scan lake to find a metal pipe or a crow bar. Hth

At the one minute 46 second mark in this video in this link it mentions Shirley was found in every day clothing.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/source-investigators-find-body-putnam-county/nfyK5/

That may rule out a sex crime, not sure though- she could have been redressed.

Use of drugs, like meth, which appears to be abundant in this area, could make someone homicidal and delusional. If someone like that was boating around and decided to hang out on a boat dock, and was approached by the home owner to leave, could that be a possibility? I am just thinking of the perfect, random storm. If it isn't a cartel, and wasn't a planned hit, what else could explain the condition of Mr. Dermond's body other than someone crazed and paranoid?

Btw, is it better grammar to say the head was decapitated or the body was decapitated? I have heard both in the news stories. Not that it really matters.

IMHO This is no homicide, tragic yes, but no homicide. Bizarre yes, but no homicide.

Sometimes things are not what they appear on the surface. (see example below)

But I could be wrong...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...lly-drowned-tank-hotel-roof-article-1.1379160

The circumstances surrounding the death of Elisa Lam were very bizarre, to say the least. But, I don't think LE ever stated Lam's drowning was homicide. Whereas, in this case (the Durmonds) LE has stated "homicide".

jmo

Hi mck16 --- I probably missed it but where has it been reported by Sills/LE or MSM that her body was found wearing regular everyday clothes.....do you have a link? Where did you get this info pls? Thanks!

I will try very hard to find it. It was in the initial report by Sills. If I am not back in 3 days, I am not coming back. lol

That may rule out a sex crime, not sure though- she could have been redressed.

Use of drugs, like meth, which appears to be abundant in this area, could make someone homicidal and delusional. If someone like that was boating around and decided to hang out on a boat dock, and was approached by the home owner to leave, could that be a possibility? I am just thinking of the perfect, random storm. If it isn't a cartel, and wasn't a planned hit, what else could explain the condition of Mr. Dermond's body other than someone crazed and paranoid?

Btw, is it better grammar to say the head was decapitated or the body was decapitated? I have heard both in the news stories. Not that it really matters.

probaly most correct to say Mr. Dermond was decapitated, his body was headless or his head was severed. But as you say it really matters not as long as we all know what we are discussing the rest is semantics.

I linked two raw videos of the Sheriff speaking about two to three pages back. The second video I linked has the sheriff stating the thing about everyday clothes. hope that helps

ETA you have saved us by whipping that link out more than once today treelights, thanks,

"Officials said that based on their investigation, they have been able to narrow the time-frame of Russell Dermond's murder to somewhere between 4:30 p.m., on Friday, May 2 – when the mail was delivered – to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 3, when the couple did not show up for a party."
http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...05/16/lake-oconee-body-putnam-county/9187743/

So, using my noodle, knowing that she was NOT driven by boat and dumped in broad daylight,
The time of death is actually between 4:30pm May 2 and sunrise May 3?
Sunset was 8:16pm May 2.
Sunrise was 6:43am May 3.
http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
And the moon was a waxing crescent.
Waxing Crescent, 12% of the Moon is Illuminated.
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

So, using my noodle, knowing that she was driven by boat and dumped in broad daylight,
The time of death is actually between 4:30pm May 2 and sunrise May 3?
Sunset was 8:16pm May 2.
Sunrise was 6:43am May 3.
http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
And the moon was a waxing gibbous?
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Are you mentioning sunrise on the 3rd, because that would possibly be when
their newspaper could have arrived that they did not retrieve, perhaps?
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member