Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SO WHAT EXACTLY DO WE THINK

ELSWHERE means? does that mean? In another county, in another house, in another yard, or simply outside in his own yard and moved inside (inside meaning the garage here)

I mean does it necessarily mean far away?

I think it means outside in his own yard, and then moved a few feet inside the garage.

I deleted my post, tom....could you please do the same with my quote......TOS violation I think....ty

Thanks for the info. I really know nothing about either.

It certainly gives me no anxiety because I like things neat and organized. Even if something is out of place it doesn't make me go into a hissy fit.

I don't ever criticize other for how they do things or expect others do to as I do.

I just think it makes my household chores much easier to accomplish if I don't let it get in disarray to begin with.

IMO
:offtopic:
Oh Ocean! You are so much like my mom. Both sides of my family are from the NE corner of Mississippi.(I noticed you are from the deep south too)My dad & mom were the 1st generation( after HS graduation)to leave & never return to the farm. Like you...everyday mom did her chores.On the farm everyone did chores & everyone picked cotton! I could almost hear her voice echoed in your post. She passed away in 2001 and I miss her so much. I imagine you keep a lovely home just like she did.MOO

ELSWHERE means? does that mean? In another county, in another house, in another yard, or simply outside in his own yard and moved inside (inside meaning the garage here)

Imo, they do not know where the original crime scene was concerning Russell. Crime scene is unknown to them at that time and even now.

I don't think it would be on the Dermond property. Bludgeoning someone leaves a very bloody crime scene since the head easily bleeds profusely. If he was murdered outside on his own property the scent dogs would have found the blood whether in the grass by the garage etc very easily.

Imo it is the same place Shirley was most likely bludgeoned to death and most likely by the same weapon. Maybe even in the suspect's own home somewhere on the RP property.

IMO

Nice to 'see' you epiphany!

I totally agree. He carried this out without one hesitation and without one ounce of remorse. He is what he has really always been deep down inside. He saw this nothing more than a mission that must be carried out to completion already designed in his own evil mind probably way before the crimes were done.

The scary thing about evil it can be shrouded in secrecy and masked in normalcy.

I truly believe if this case is ever solved it will shock the entire core of the community who lives there.

Imo, he has been among them all for sometime now. The person they thought they knew really doesn't exist.

IMO

It gives the appearance of a murders-for-hire. I'm undecided whether or not hired out.

This crime really defies the code of conduct in organized crime, old school type anyways.
You don't kill someone like they did Mr D and still think you are going to have "negotiations" with someone close to him for the safe return of Mrs. D. No way that would never happen.

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario...als_his_code_for_killings.html?app=noRedirect

Hi Advocate- Thanks for the article. Several things: I am not sure
I think the Dermonds are a mafia hit. 2). It didn't say when this
mobster's last hit was. From the article I'm guessing mid 90's.
Much has changed In the world since then. 3) This was just one
man's opinion and thoughts. I don't believe the Italian mafia
are the only ones with a lock on settling disputes or sending
messages by murder.

I think you can be "crazy" and intelligent simultaneously. I have known several people like this. And I'm related to half of them. :D

That being said, I see this as something utterly professional. No gun was used. Just blunt force. So no traceable evidence there...and no sound of gunfire carrying around the docks. Not much blood. No disturbance in the house. Mrs. Ds body in the water, which they knew would appear eventually.

Sounds very professional to me.

I lean towards the murder scene is in the Dermond home or on the Dermond property (outside), and LE is simply withholding that info.

I think you can be "crazy" and intelligent simultaneously. I have known several people like this. And I'm related to half of them. :D

That being said, I see this as something utterly professional. No gun was used. Just blunt force. So no traceable evidence there...and no sound of gunfire carrying around the docks. Not much blood. No disturbance in the house. Mrs. Ds body in the water, which they knew would appear eventually.

HAHA!!! As the saying goes "there's a fine line between a genious and an idiot"

:offtopic:
Oh Ocean! You are so much like my mom. Both sides of my family are from the NE corner of Mississippi.(I noticed you are from the deep south too)My dad & mom were the 1st generation( after HS graduation)to leave & never return to the farm. Like you...everyday mom did her chores.On the farm everyone did chores & everyone picked cotton! I could almost hear her voice echoed in your post. She passed away in 2001 and I miss her so much. I imagine you keep a lovely home just like she did.MOO

I am so sorry for your tremendous loss MizStery. I lost my own mother when she was 57 and now I am ten years old than she was when she died.:(

Yes, it may be how I was raised. We were always taught to keep things neat and clean. I actually like cleaning especially detail cleaning. It just makes me feel better knowing our home is treated with the respect that it deserves. We have so many wonderful happy memories that have happened right inside of our home.

Well I do think we have a very pretty home but I am prejudice of course, lol and we do try to take good care of it. I feel so good when strangers stop by saying they wanted to tell me how they think our flowers, lawn and landscaping is so beautiful. That is another never ending hard job too but I enjoy it.:D

I just feel if you work hard to have something nice you should work hard to keep it that way.:)

I tend to agree, yet I strongly believe this is not mob or cartel related. It's personal, and carried out efficiently.

I lean towards the murder scene is in the Dermond home or on the Dermond property (outside), and LE is simply withholding that info.

I agree, and yes that's kind of what I was thinking, some take it as having had to drive him back in thru the gates, I just dont' see that happening, but WHO knows!

it was risky enough ON SITE, and having to get the body/head down to the docks, I mean who knows if another boat would have pulled up in the cove

As far as whether inside or out, maybe out and drug inside but IDK

I tend to agree, yet I strongly do not believe this is mob nor cartel related. It's personal, and carried out efficiently.

Couldn't PERSONAL also be business related and/or cartel thru one of their many LLC's?

I tend to agree, yet I strongly do not believe this is mob nor cartel related. It's personal, and carried out efficiently.

Not mob. Not sure about cartel.

However, someone was hired. Maybe more than one someone.

Not sure these elderly folks could endear such a crime of passion. But they could illicit such vile feeling that someone would benefit, whether financially or otherwise, by their deaths. Unable to carry out such a crime, and not wanting to do things incorrectly, this person/s found it best to hire out the job to professionals.

This is one scenario I keep coming back to again and again.

It gives the appearance of a murders-for-hire. I'm undecided whether or not hired out.

I understand your logic but I don't agree.

This is nothing like a hit man would do imo.

Hit men don't use crowbars to murder someone or at least I have never heard of one doing so. They use firearms with silencers.

In all the bludgeoning cases I have kept up with over the years when the suspect was caught they had a familiarity to the victims. I just don't think hit man do up and personal crimes. Murders are very clinical and sterile to them and they aren't going to get their hands dirty. They just shoot them in the head execution style and are gone as quickly as they came.

They also don't take the time to hide the body of the victim 5 miles away from their home either. That show me at least that the murderer is trying to distance himself from the victim. I believe the killer knew the Dermonds very well.

I sure hope they catch this person. I don't think this was a hit.........this was personal rage and I am still convinced it was done by someone who lives right in that community.

Someone who would know all the ins and outs of RP and how to maneuver on Lake Oconee in the middle of the night to the place where he placed Shirley's body.

Nothing about this shows me it was a professional hit. All of it seems to scream the killer is a 'local' and very knowledgeable of all the areas connected to the case.

JMO though

The search for Shirley Dermond went directly to the recovery phase/water search, on day one or two of the investigation. Why? There was no land search or house to house canvass/search conducted. The FBI BAU2 Quantico, VA, was contacted immediately for help. Why?

Other than billboards and MSM coverage for awareness, in an effort to solicit citizen tips. There were no efforts by PCSO/FBI investigators to bring her home safely, imo. Not the norm in an abduction, imo. Something significant must have been located in the initial CSI or K9 search, imo, to indicate that SD was deceased. JMO

I agree, and yes that's kind of what I was thinking, some take it as having had to drive him back in thru the gates, I just dont' see that happening, but WHO knows!

it was risky enough ON SITE, and having to get the body/head down to the docks, I mean who knows if another boat would have pulled up in the cove

As far as whether inside or out, maybe out and drug inside but IDK

I think leaving through the front gate is a red herring.

Imo, he lives on the grounds..........he would be able to access the Dermonds home because of that. I think he used a boat to transport the head and Shirley.

From what I have read the back of the Dermond home is only 50 feet from the waters edge. The killer's home is probably that close to the water too so he wouldn't have far to take them to his boat and leave. I think he took Russ's torso with him when he was getting ready to go out on the boat and dragged it far enough in the garage that it wouldn't be seen and proceeded on with Shirley and Russ' head.

IMO

Still catching up. Just thinking, though, whoever did this either didn't do it for inheritance, or didn't think it through, because without Mrs. Dermond's body, wouldn't the estate be tied up for about 7 years? (And I'm not suggesting immediate family.)

Nice to 'see' you epiphany!

I totally agree. He carried this out without one hesitation and without one ounce of remorse. He is what he has really always been deep down inside. He saw this nothing more than a mission that must be carried out to completion already designed in his own evil mind probably way before the crimes were done.

The scary thing about evil it can be shrouded in secrecy and masked in normalcy.

I truly believe if this case is ever solved it will shock the entire core of the community who lives there.

Imo, he has been among them all for sometime now. The person they thought they knew really doesn't exist.

IMO

ITA with the part I bolded. And even with the unbolded. Lol
:seeya:

The search for Shirley Dermond went directly to the recovery phase/water search, on day one or two of the investigation. Why? Their was no land search or house to house canvass/search conducted. The FBI BAU2 Quantico, VA, was contacted immediately for help. Why?

Other than billboards and MSM coverage for awareness, in an effort to solicit citizen tips. There were no efforts by PCSO/FBI investigators to bring her home safely, imo. Not the norm in an abduction, imo. Something significant must have been located in the initial CSI or K9 search, imo, to indicate that SD was deceased. JMO

I really don't know but I think it was a logical assumption to believe Shirley had also been murdered. They did do some land searches iirc.

They did say they talked to a lot of the neighbors very early on. I am sure they did go house to house. How fruitful that was ........who knows. They would need SWs to do in depth searches of any homes there.

I think they contacted BAU2 due to the nature of Russ being decapitated. This doesn't often happen and certainly not to those in their late 80s. They knew this wasn't the average murderer.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member