GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking grandkid and maybe his friends on drugs went to demand money from wealthy granddad. Grandpa said no and threatened to go to the police and kid hit him in the head with crowbar or something from the garage. This wasn't their first run-in and the kid hated Grandpa all his life. Being on drugs the logical thing would be to decapitate. After all this happens, Grandma shows up and sees what was done. Kid loves Grandma. Doesn't want her killed, so they take her with them to decide what to do. He can't just let her go, she saw too much.

Some folks hold grudges forEVER. I have trouble "letting go" of real/ perceived wrongs sometimes. Many folks do.
If you google deceased son's name and various metro county names...numerous records pop up from the mid 80s. I won't post cause I'm too new to know if that would violate TOS, but interesting stuff. IMO.
I can understand why the Ds didn't attend the murder trial. The pain addiction brings to an entire family is crushing, and I know they did not want to relive all the darkness again. Been there.
I'm still thinking... 1. Wrong house. Killed wrong folks. 2. Really old grudge. Need to "right the perceived wrong". And in third place which is an offshoot of 1... Are any neighboring houses in foreclosure?

I'm thinking grandkid and maybe his friends on drugs went to demand money from wealthy granddad. Grandpa said no and threatened to go to the police and kid hit him in the head with crowbar or something from the garage. This wasn't their first run-in and the kid hated Grandpa all his life. Being on drugs the logical thing would be to decapitate. After all this happens, Grandma shows up and sees what was done. Kid loves Grandma. Doesn't want her killed, so they take her with them to decide what to do. He can't just let her go, she saw too much.

That sounds very logical, jsut can't get past the beheading being of a more criminal mind

just pondering

The search for Shirley Dermond went directly to the recovery phase/water search, on day one or two of the investigation. Why? There was no land search or house to house canvass/search conducted. The FBI BAU2 Quantico, VA, was contacted immediately for help. Why?

Other than billboards and MSM coverage for awareness, in an effort to solicit citizen tips. There were no efforts by PCSO/FBI investigators to bring her home safely, imo. Not the norm in an abduction, imo. Something significant must have been located in the initial CSI or K9 search, imo, to indicate that SD was deceased. JMO

hmmm, thats interesting,

would water on RD or SOMETHING related to the water have triggered their initial search for SD in the lake instead of by land?

Does anyone ever get a very creepy feeling sometimes that the killer is reading everything we post here?:scared:

Now I know I need more caffeine this morning.

At first glance I though it was Douglas who was saying the suspect is mentally ill. I was thinking "what? really?":floorlaugh:

But then I read the entire article.

I do not agree with the Atlanta psychiatrist on this one and definitely agree with Mr. Douglas.

This is just not the work of a mentally deranged killer. It is way too neat and organized where it takes too much clear cognitive thinking to accomplish it all.

In fact imo it shows this person is extremely intelligent and may even suffer from OCD and if ever caught their home will also be very neat and orderly. They certainly know right from wrong and are trying their best not to get caught.

He is not mentally ill. He is smart and crafty and has been able to keep the police at bay for over two weeks now and they really know nothing about him in all this time.

I do agree with you....... this killer lives right in the middle of where all of this is happening.

IMO

Ocean, I so agree with you that the killer lives right in the middle of where this is happening.
I'm almost thinking that the wife of this person, who I feel is also a large man, is going to connect the dots.
I think he is married, wife and kids gone that weekend.
Community is going to be shocked at first but then we will hear that people thought something was just not quite right with him.

Not mob. Not sure about cartel.

However, someone was hired. Maybe more than one someone.

Not sure these elderly folks could endear such a crime of passion. But they could illicit such vile feeling that someone would benefit, whether financially or otherwise, by their deaths. Unable to carry out such a crime, and not wanting to do things incorrectly, this person/s found it best to hire out the job to professionals.

This is one scenario I keep coming back to again and again.

yeah, you have to look at motive, nothing appeared to be stolen (and btw SILLS was on video report online stating that IT DIDN"T APPEAR that anything was stolen)

but that being said, anger or revenge

AND WHO had a motive and WHAT is the motive if nothing stolen

Of course the whole estate could be considered STOLEN because of the murder as T REX pointed out just above, SD being dead wont' tie up the estate if she was meant to be discovered, if not it would have held up the estate distribution

so yeah, back to being "placed" I still am thinking they DIDN"T want her to be found

we can't expect all cirminals to never make a mistake

so in thinking SD would be caught in the underwater bramble in the fishing area, I reiterate, my thinking is that they hoped that time and decay and fish would take care of her and fisherman don't drop their lines deep in that water so not to tangle their lines in that under water mess or roots and whatever else, so not likely to have snagged her

and LE stated not likely to find head due to the same if placed with SD in that location

so why would they not want the head found but SD found?

Also if it was personal, do they want the body found

If it was criminal or pro, would they want to make a statement? Then not likely dropped the head there with SD?

ach!

Ocean, I so agree with you that the killer lives right in the middle of where this is happening.
I'm almost thinking that the wife of this person, who I feel is also a large man, is going to connect the dots.
Community is going to be shocked at first but then we will hear that people thought something was just not quite right with him.

There are a lot of cases that turn out that way

But, does anyone know the statistics on these kinds of killings or even in general, that the PERP lived close to the victims or in same neighborhood?

I'm of the same thought. Someone who went to the Dermond's for money and was denied, or was asked to pay back said money. I'm not feeling paid hit or cartel. The beheading rings out as personal to me. Personal as in rage.

MOO

Hi Advocate- Thanks for the article. Several things: I am not sure
I think the Dermonds are a mafia hit. 2). It didn't say when this
mobster's last hit was. From the article I'm guessing mid 90's.
Much has changed In the world since then. 3) This was just one
man's opinion and thoughts. I don't believe the Italian mafia
are the only ones with a lock on settling disputes or sending
messages by murder.

THEY are EVERYWHERE

ANyone remember the article on drug cartel and oconee being a prime area for this activity or the hub or something?

OHHHH YESSS :scared:

Thanks.

I will be just posting away or concentrating on reading the posts and then all of a sudden a very creepy feeling comes over me as if I can feel him in his own home sitting back and thoroughly enjoying the guessing game.

I haven't had that creepy feeling about other cases. I don't like the feeling it gives me either.

Strange.

Anyone ever found themselves saying "and you think you know someone....."

well we don't know know the Dermonds, their family, their neighbors and IMAGINE what the neighbors must be thinking, they wouldn't have expected THIS kind of murder in a million years from what we've read about their opinion on the elderly couple

Just pondering

Thanks.

I will be just posting away or concentrating on reading the posts and then all of a sudden a very creepy feeling comes over me as if I can feel him in his own home sitting back and thoroughly enjoying the guessing game.

I haven't had that creepy feeling about other cases. I don't like the feeling it gives me either.

Strange.

Me either ! I haven't been on here that long really, but know people who have left the forum for fear of being discovered from WS

hmmm, thats interesting,

would water on RD or SOMETHING related to the water have triggered their initial search for SD in the lake instead of by land?

Possibly, tomkat..
The lack of bodily fluids is likely why it was determined that he wasn't killed/decapitated in that location, imo. Possibly forensics on RD that indicated that he had been transported by a boat; artificial turf type carpet fibers, fish scales, fish smell/odor, hook/stray lure, etc.

Guess, none of these possibilities would indicate that SD was already deceased though. The initial search focused only on the immediate area around their dock for about ten days or more. Seems obvious that if LE had any indication SD was alive, they wouldn't have been searching underwater for her..

Possibly, tomkat..
The lack of bodily fluids is likely why it was determined that he wasn't killed/decapitated in that location, imo. Possibly forensics on RD that indicated that he had been transported by a boat; artificial turf type carpet fibers, fish scales, fish smell/odor, hook/stray lure, etc.

Guess, none of these possibilities would indicate that SD was already deceased though. The initial search focused only on the immediate area around their dock for about ten days or more. Seems obvious that if LE had any indication SD was alive, they wouldn't have been searching underwater for her..

I guess we won't know all that until way later or in the end, possibly

BTW, WHERE in the garage was RD located exactly

article I just read yesterday stated that the cars were in the garage, so was he in front or behind, by the garage door

There are a lot of cases that turn out that way

But, does anyone know the statistics on these kinds of killings or even in general, that the PERP lived close to the victims or in same neighborhood?

Hang on a minute tomkat, someone will give you something.
We have members that do that in a jiff

Good morning OMB!

That is true it could be.

But the ME has seen her skull injuries during the autopsy and he thinks it is consistent with being struck by a crowbar. So she must have had several skull fractures. Also many times ME can see a pattern on the skin of the weapon used. The injuries have to show it was done by a long cylindrical object such as a crowbar or a long piece of pipe with the diameter of a crowbar.

That is why LE is trying to find a crowbar. This happens often in bludgeoning cases. The ME after the autopsy is done will give his opinion to the police as to what weapon he thinks was used so they can know what to search for.

IMO

IMO

Thank you oceanblueeyes I enjoy your insight and opinions this community has given me so much knowledge about perpetrators with the links that so many supply to read. I grew up having a very close relationship with my grandparents and have a very soft place in my heart for seniors the stories they can tell and the knowledge they have is just amazing to me with that said I just cannot imagine doing that to an older person or to anyone for that matter. Obviously it's hard to understand the mind of these sick, evil, twisted individuals. Like others have said and I agree this person knew Mr & Mrs Dermond either casually or they crossed paths somewhere, the person/persons know the area, knew their schedule, knows the ins and outs of the lake and imo very brazen about dumping Mrs D`s body where it was dumped. I just hope and pray they weren't tortured. Makes me think of the movie "The Strangers" and how that played out ( not a true story supposedly based on an what was a true event) hoping like everyone for swift justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean