GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she had a housekeeper or a maid to clean her house. And I doubt just two of them could mess it up too much. jmo

I read somewhere they had NO OUTSIDE HELP AT ALL.

Great Waters, Reynolds Plantation and Reynolds Landing are sister properties now owned by Met Life. Reynolds Plantation proper is on the Greene County side of the lake. Great Waters is on the Putnam County side of the lake, directly across from Reynolds Plantation, It's much smaller in size than Reynolds Plantation. Reynolds Landing (formerly Port Armor) is on the Greene County side of the lake, but on the other side of GA 44.

The amenities are shared among the three subdivisions and also the vehicle decals are the same for all three.

Would that mean you could pass through the security gate if you had the decal and lived in any of the three communities? Thank you.

CLosest public ramp operated by Georgia Power is Long Shoals boat landing. Private ramps in both Reynolds and Great Waters closer. Another commercial marina landing about a mile up lake (north). Opposite direction from where SD's body recovered.

Welcome to the Websleuth's family lakeoconee... Saw on an earlier ms media news report that the Long Shoals boat landing was where LE & DNR launched their boats for the first 10 days of the Dermond search. Can you verify this, if you know? TYIA

For some reason I keep thinking that his head is going to be found, I don't think it was just dropped in the lake.

Per WSB:

Sills tells WSB that investigators are looking at the criminal background of every person who lives in Great Waters. Sills believes someone took the head to hide evidence. Sills says no direct person of interest or suspect at this point. More to come from the 90 minute interview with Sheriff Sills at 6 PM on WSB.

My summary. Not verbatim.

okay, okay.......

SILLS said RD body was moved, possibly killed elsewhere

SO I WANT TO KNOW why it makes sense to move the body to behead him, just something to slow the perp down, like carrying bodies back and forth up and down to the boat dock, to HIDE EVIDENCE then to BRING him back (?) (from WHERE NO ONE KNOWS) just to leave the body, BUT TAKE the woman,
(and then hang the woman on a post and hope no one goes by while you are stringing her up on atree in the lake yet they are on a boat that needs to hide what they are carrying or doing and THEN, no one finds her two weeks later out in the OPEN lake with houses across the water that can see right where you are

How about this was not a social call, whoever did it, crazy kids, drugees, mob, cartel, crazy sex offender neighbor, it was not a social call to be comeing and going and back and forth and take part and leave part it sounds stupid UNLESS IT WAS a message or unless it WAS a REGISTERED WEAPON of a Police officer

SO WHERE"S THE HEAD, how do they HIDE IT, why didnt' they take them both and HIDE THEM BOTH to hide the evidence, NOTHING was hidden but the head

GRRRR, so frustrating, all these scenarios

seems it'd be easier to not have taken the head off, just kill them both and haul them off if they were going to the trouble to take them down to the water anyway, why the He!! risk it and come back

it was the middle of the night IMO, how about the water hose in the yard or pinestraw by the garage to wash up and the water runs out into the lake

HEY CAROLINAPEACH, my frustration is not directed at you ! haha

I thought this was interesting too, from the linked article:

They put together a 28-page questionnaire of everything law enforcement wanted to know about the retired couple’s habits and to elicit any other clues that could lead to a suspect.

In about three hours, the team was able to cover a lot of ground in a neighborhood of 599 parcels, Sills said.

Investigators are now combing through responses and tracking down any leads and following up with other neighbors who were not at Sunday’s meeting.

"I know who didn’t come and I know who left early,” Sills said. “As I’ve said, everybody’s a suspect besides me, because I know where I was.”

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/20/310...ew-leads.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy

I like the way Sheriff Sills is handling this case. I think he will be successful in solving. He gives a little bit of new info each time he is quoted in the press.

and, gosh, a 28 page questionnaire?! WOW! How intimidating would that be to fill out! :scared: I hope the perp/s are ready for a nice long life in :jail:!!

“We weren’t questioning people as suspects,” Sheriff Howard Sills said Monday, “but we might develop one out of it.”

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/local/decapitation-mystery-slain-couples-neighbors-quest/nfzY5/

What exactly did the sheriff mean when he said the Dermonds were targeted? Was it because of the location of their home? Their age? Or something else?

I too am very curious about that statement by the sheriff? Targeted by whom?

okay, okay.......

SO I WANT TO KNOW why it makes sense to move the body to behead him, just something to slow the perp down, like carrying bodies back and forth up and down to the boat dock, to HIDE EVIDENCE then to BRING him back (?) (from WHERE NO ONE KNOWS) just to leave the body, BUT TAKE the woman,
(and then hang the woman on a post and hope no one goes by while you are stringing her up on atree in the lake yet they are on a boat that needs to hide what they are carrying or doing and THEN, no one finds her two weeks later out in the OPEN lake with houses across the water that can see right where you are

How about this was not a social call, whoever did it, crazy kids, drugees, mob, cartel, crazy sex offender neighbor, it was not a social call to be comeing and going and back and forth and take part and leave part it sounds stupid UNLESS IT WAS a message or unless it WAS a REGISTERED WEAPON of a Police officer

SO WHERE"S THE HEAD, how do they HIDE IT, why didnt' they take them both and HIDE THEM BOTH to hide the evidence, NOTHING was hidden but the head

seems it'd be easier to not have taken the head off, just kill them both and haul them off if they were going to the trouble to take them down to the water anyway, why the He!! risk it and come back

it was the middle of the night IMO, how about the water hose in the yard or pinestraw by the garage to wash up and the water runs out into the lake

I have remarked in many of my posts about how much 'movement' there was during this crime of killing two elderly people.

They had to be so very sure of themselves to leave no clue and no witnesses.

Who could it be? What's the message?

It's stuck to the windshield. Can't remove it without destroying it. Residents are urged to remove the decals when they sell their cars.

Respectfully, these stickers or decals may be easier to remove intact than some ppl believe.

Employees of windshield replacement/chip repair outfits can razor off stickers and decals easily-all intact - and place on new windshield in no time flat.

When selling a car and buying another, I've been able to swap out the state registration decal in 5 or 10 minutes. JME.

lakeoconee, glad you've joined w/s and thanks for the local insight. :seeya:

Per WSB:

Sills tells WSB that investigators are looking at the criminal background of every person who lives in Great Waters. Sills believes someone took the head to hide evidence. Sills says no direct person of interest or suspect at this point. More to come from the 90 minute interview with Sheriff Sills at 6 PM on WSB.

My summary. Not verbatim.

Wow so the Sheriff believes the head was taken to hide evidence?
What type of evidence would need to be hid besides a bullet?

Sorry this is a really rough summary. Trying to fix dinner and watch.

WSB Televised Piece/Interview with Sheriff Sills:
FBI reviewing surveillance video on nearby homes. Sills driven by a sense of duty to the Dermonds. In his 40 yr career, this is the greatest mystery he's faced. Speculates the head was removed to conceal evidence of some nature. Suggested it could be to conceal identifying information about the murder weapon. Firm commitment from the FBI. After questioning residents of Great Waters, they have identified some surveillance systems they didn't know existed. The videos have been sent to the FBI lab in Quantico. He has authorities screening every known resident of Great Waters to see if they have criminal backgrounds and the same for workers there. He cannot rule out that something was stolen but all the things normally taken are still in the home. Sills was asked if there was anything unusual about the will or estate. Reply was remarkably not. He was asked if the killer or killers had a boat. Reply was absolutely. He told Mark Winne that does not mean that somebody did not also come by land.

Respectfully BBM

If Sills believes Mr. Dermond's head was taken to hide evidence, then is that why the home was found to be so immaculate, spotless?

At ages 87 and 88, I don't believe the Dermonds spent their days cleaning the inside of their large home no matter how fastidious they might have been.

Did the perp super-clean and sanitize the home itself to hide evidence prior to leaving with Mrs. Dermond's body?

Also, I wonder what the toxicology reports will be revealed...perhaps, something unexpected will show up.

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/07/3085920/putnam-mans-death-wifes-disappearance.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1

“...Everything is immaculate,” he [Sills] said. “This is the cleanest house I’ve ever been in.”

My grandparents live in a big house and it's always spotless. Even when she raised 4 kids she never could go to bed unless the laundry was done and the kitchen was clean.

Respectfully, these stickers or decals may be easier to remove intact than some ppl believe.

Employees of windshield replacement/chip repair outfits can razor off stickers and decals easily-all intact - and place on new windshield in no time flat.

When selling a car and buying another, I've been able to swap out the state registration decal in 5 or 10 minutes. JME.

lakeoconee, glad you've joined w/s and thanks for the local insight. :seeya:

Also I am thinking how many of these wealthy residents took the time to scrape off decals when selling or trading in a car. I am sure the salesman would assure the rich it would all be taken care of 'in the back room'..ye gads. Whose manning the 'back room' one might ask?

FBI reviewing surveillance video on nearby homes. Sills driven by a sense of duty to the Dermonds. In his 40 yr career, this is the greatest mystery he's faced. Speculates the head was removed to conceal evidence of some nature. Suggested it could be to conceal identifying information about the murder weapon. Firm commitment from the FBI. After questioning residents of Great Waters, they have identified some surveillance systems they didn't know existed. The videos have been sent to the FBI lab in Quantico. He has authorities screening every known resident of Great Waters to see if they have criminal backgrounds and the same for workers there. He cannot rule out that something was stolen but all the things normally taken are still in the home. Sills was asked if there was anything unusual about the will or estate. Reply was remarkably not. He was asked if the killer or killers had a boat. Reply was absolutely. He told Mark Winne that does not mean that somebody did not also come by land.

Thank you very much for doing that!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

okay, okay.......

Gah.....where did you read that she was strung up on a post??

Aaaa so they might just get lucky with them. Fingers crossed.

BBM Oh I hope a certain someone is squirming about now.

My grandparents live in a big house and it's always spotless. Even when she raised 4 kids she never could go to bed unless the laundry was done and the kitchen was clean.

My house is spotless and everything is always put away. I have hubbys morning paper put in the recycling as soon as he is done with it. We never have dishes that have been used out and about.

But many other homes are also kept very clean and picked up.

I thought it strange he remarked on it.

Could you offer any opinions regarding the actual gate security at GW? Is it possible that a stranger could enter and leave the property without being "noticed"?

Anybody with a valid decal is waved through security. Property owners, contractors, all sorts of service providers who come through regularly don't have to stop. Other people stop and have to be cleared though. My understanding of security provided here was to keep solicitors, door-to-door people out than providing Fort Knox type protection.

So, short answer, anybody who had access to a vehicle with a valid decal would n't raise any suspicion at the gate. The lake has always been impossible to patrol.

<BBM for focus>

Security Cameras were down and imo, when leaving a gate-less community, even less scrutiny would be given to a vehicle with a valid GW decal by security.
If the perp/s lived in the GW community. Why would the perp/s not use the Dermond's vehicle to dispose of the bodies and then torch the vehicle in a desolate area? Why use a boat for transport? Just thinking out loud...

Sheriff also said they are releasing the house tomorrow to the family. (assuming that video was done today)

I am looking at the map of the lake that was posted upthread. It seems the Dermond property was located in a very busy, well populated area so there COULD HAVE BEEN people out and about early and late with boats and just enjoying the river.

So now I am wondering if they took Mrs. D by car but had a boat down by the
Long Shoals Boat Ramp which is pretty close to where she was found?

It would have to be a pretty large boat because a small boat would tip trying to put a dead woman in say a Jon or fishing type boat.

The large boat makes me think there were two killers. It also makes me think they came from a residence on the lake.

I wonder if there are any cameras down there or close by??? Sometimes they have gas pumps by ramps at large bodies of water. Keeping a camera on them would be important...I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x