GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow me to defend myself by saying that I never once said the word, "Family," in my post. I was simply outlining the parameters given to us by LE (except for that last little tag...which I was simply pondering).

I do not know why anyone who had something to gain financially would place Mrs. D's body in the lake instead of leaving it there in the home for LE to find. In order for anyone to gain anything financially, both Mr. D and Mrs. D would need to be located. Matter of fact, not one red cent can come out of any of their accounts until the legal process has come full circle....even if someone has a joint account.

So that is something worth much consideration. I think someone wanted to throw LE off. They purposely made this look or seem like a hit. And of course, whomever did this had to know that the lake would be searched....and Mrs. D would be found.

I somehow missed your post until now and I am compelled to reply because I think there is some misunderstanding and it may have been created by me.

Shefner you never have to defend yourself about any of your posts. I promise, my intentions were never to put you in any position where you felt you had to defend you post. You should know me better than that or I certainly hope and pray you do. I am so sorry that you felt you had to defend yourself. That makes me feel very sad and upset with myself.

I just honestly thought you were meaning family when you posted this part because only family would be in line to inherit their valuables:Someone who had something financially to gain but didn't even bother to take the time to gather the valuables at that moment....because they knew they would receive them later?

As far as it being made to look like a hit then if that was the intentions someone failed big time imo. Hit men don't take the time nor risk to take a body and head out in a boat for miles to hide the body evidence.

Unfortunately those who were victims of murder have been weighted down or even thrown in many types of waterways and have never been found.....years or decades later. My neighbor didn't weigh herself down....she just jumped in clothed but her body was never recovered :( even though the searchers were in the water within an hour after the eye witnesses called 911.

I think that is why Sills knew very quickly that whoever this is knows the Dermonds in someway even if they are not close acquaintances and he knew this was not one done by a cold unfeeling hit man who just shoots them, leaves them there, and disappears into the darkness almost as quickly as he came.

I am now wondering if this person kept up with the other very high profile murder case when Stephen McDaniels murdered Lauren Giddings which happened just a little over hour away from Lake Oconee. It was very high profile case in Georgia. McDaniels also decapitated Lauren and he put her head in one place and the body parts in another place distancing them from each other.

It seems this murderer thinks like McDaniels who thinks distancing the body evidence from each other protects him from detection.
IMO

BBM you know I thought at the time what a strange remark for the Sheriff to make...about somebody whose missing's clean house.

An AHA moment!

Yes. I also couldn't get the Sheriff's comments off my mind, about Mrs. D/home being immaculate. And, didn't he also comment that he (sheriff) didn't know how she kept it that immaculate by herself? I had been thinking along the line that the home was trashed or something to that affect, couldn't figure out what message the sheriff would be sending to the perp/s. Now, I'm totally with the other poster's opinion the sheriff was saying we know you cleaned up evidence.

It appears a lot of time was spent cleaning evidence from the home and Mr & Mrs D. Mr D could have been left as evidence of a death, thus LE looking for a presumed dead Mrs D. No years of being listed as a 'missing couple'.

Basing my opinion on this theory, any evidence found in the home would be from prints, hairs, DNA of people known or related to Mr & Mrs D.

I am so sad this happened. It also points to personal and being a target. Very planned out atrocity.

R.I.P sweet couple.

I somehow missed your post until now and I am compelled to reply because I think there is some misunderstanding and it may have been created by me.

Shefner you never have to defend yourself about any of your posts. I promise, my intentions were never to put you in any position where you felt you had to defend you post. You should know me better than that or I certainly hope and pray you do. I am so sorry that you felt you had to defend yourself. That makes me feel very sad and upset with myself.

I just honestly thought you were meaning family when you posted this part because only family would be in line to inherit their valuables:Someone who had something financially to gain but didn't even bother to take the time to gather the valuables at that moment....because they knew they would receive them later?

As far as it being made to look like a hit then if that was the intentions someone failed big time imo. Hit men don't take the time nor risk to take a body and head out in a boat for miles to hide the body evidence.

Unfortunately those who were victims of murder have been weighted down or even thrown in many types of waterways and have never been found.....years or decades later. My neighbor didn't weigh herself down....she just jumped in clothed but her body was never recovered :( even though the searchers were in the water within an hour after the eye witnesses called 911.

I think that is why Sills knew very quickly that whoever this is knows the Dermonds in someway even if they are not close acquaintances and he knew this was not one done by a cold unfeeling hit man who just shoots them, leaves them there, and disappears into the darkness almost as quickly as he came.

I am now wondering if this person kept up with the other very high profile murder case when Stephen McDaniels murdered Lauren Giddings which happened just a little over hour away from Lake Oconee. It was very high profile case in Georgia. McDaniels also decapitated Lauren and he put her head in one place and the body parts in another place distancing them from each other.

It seems this murderer thinks like McDaniels who thinks distancing the body evidence from each other protects him from detection.
IMO
[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

I disagree with you that only family would be in line to inherit their valuables. Many wealthy people leave some money/assets to other people/places than just family. As executrix, I have written the checks to non-family.

I am a tad confused on the definitivess of Sills' statements. Meaning, I'm not sure exactly what is fact and or what is educated speculation on his part.

Do we know for absolute certain that a boat was used? Or that it left from the Dermond's dock? Is there any way the.body could have been dumped by a car over a railing somewhere? (Someone mentioned the discovery site was near a road intetsection?) And that the body sank and floated and got caught in those trees and underbrush?

Speculations or facts (more than 1 perp...a boat was used.,...they knew their attackers because the front door was unlocked......the murder scene was somewhere else.....)

I just want the.facts. I don't like speculating about speculations. It makes things......
confusing. I don't mind speculating with good old tied down facts. though.

Wasn't that Joe Friday? Just the facts, maam.

And I certinly don't get vibes from this group that the majority feels there is family involvement

Just assuming (I know that's stupid), that the boat was paid for. It would be a source of entertainment when the families came to visit. Course I don't know what kind of boat it was. For all I know it was a canoe. jmo

At their age I cant see owning a boat!
Your kids and grandkids have lives of their own.
It would be different if they were 40. JMO

I disagree with you that only family would be in line to inherit their valuables. Many wealthy people leave some money/assets to other people/places than just family. As executrix, I have written the checks to non-family.

Heck some ppl leave everything to the Dog or to a church!

I too have felt Sheriff Sills was speaking to the killer(s) when speaking to the media. I also think Sheriff Sills had a compelling reason for remarking about the Dermond's home being "immaculate". No way do I think he said this for no good reason! I think whoever did this cleaned up the Dermond home, to make sure any evidence of him/them were erased. Curious, as the murders from what we've been told did not take place in the home. So, while typing this, I started to wonder if the killer(s) did clean up the home, what would be the reason? Could the killer(s) have removed something that would point to the motives behind these vicious murders? Something the Dermond's had in their possession that if found, would point staight to the identity of the murderer, and the reasons why the Dermond's were targeted? Maybe the Dermond's had some kind of writings, or correspondence between themselves and the killer(s). Something that the killer didn't want anyone else to see, and something that the killer(s) feared would come to light if something drastic wasn't done to make sure this didn't ever happen? Something that enraged the killer(s)? Something that would be personally and financially devastating to the killer(s)?

Just some thoughts I had. I still think there will be an arrest(s). I just hope it's soon!

I am a tad confused on the definitivess of Sills' statements. Meaning, I'm not sure exactly what is fact and or what is educated speculation on his part.

Do we know for absolute certain that a boat was used? Or that it left from the Dermond's dock? Is there any way the.body could have been dumped by a car over a railing somewhere? (Someone mentioned the discovery site was near a road intetsection?) And that the body sank and floated and got caught in those trees and underbrush?

Speculations or facts (more than 1 perp...a boat was used.,...they knew their attackers because the front door was unlocked......the murder scene was somewhere else.....)

I just want the.facts. I don't like speculating about speculations. It makes things......
confusing. I don't mind speculating with good old tied down facts. though.

Wasn't that Joe Friday? Just the facts, maam.

And I certinly don't get vibes from this group that the majority feels there is family involvement

This is an excellent, excellent post. I would add that the place where Mrs. Dermond's corpse was found was not convenient to any road. I'll update my map scenes showing locations and re-post those.

Pointing out that the blue line defines the Greene and Putnam county lines and traces the main channel of the Ocoee River.

Attachments

• dermond scene 6.jpg
    dermond scene 6.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 38
Okay, I know that this is far-fetched, but ... do we know if the Dermonds ordered dinner out on Friday night? I was visiting family over the weekend and, while there, a 15-year-old shot and killed a cab driver for (in the kid's mind) ripping him off by not taking the short cuts that the kid wanted him to take. Fifteen-years-old!

Is it possible there was a delivery person who felt that the Dermonds should have tipped more generously because of their wealth? Given the recent credit-card incident, I could see them paying in cash and, therefore, no transaction record.

Awww, that doesn't add up since the scene of the murders doesn't seem to be the house. Would be a heckuva story, though.

Possibly. I could see that if they had had a maid or lawn caretaker for many years or decades and they had grown to love and thought of them like family but we have heard of nothing like that.

Yes, I am also aware that certain assets can be given to those who have no kinship. One of my best friends gave a 10 acre plot of land to one of his life long friends. But the bulk of his Estate went to his children since his wife was no longer living.

But I highly doubt if there was an outsider benefactor in this case that it would be enough to take the risk of murdering two people especially when both S&R were already way up in age.

Usually when on outsider murders for financial gain it is because they were the private caretakers and were going to inherit many millions. IMO

With the Dermonds having 3 children of their own along with having 8-9 grandchildren I believe most if not all was willed to them and maybe a percentage of the Estate going to their favorite charity or charities.

JMO

This is an excellent, excellent post. I would add that the place where Mrs. Dermond's corpse was found was not convenient to any road. I'll update my map scenes showing locations and re-post those.

Pointing out that the blue line defines the Greene and Putnam county lines and traces the main channel of the Ocoee River.

Can we assume that the location of SD's body was at least downstream from their home?

Hey!
Maybe Mrs. D left things around and didn't have a tidy house.
At least not as tidy as what was found
Maybe dishes should have been in the sink or laundry in a basket

This is not aimed at the Dermond family. I just saw it on the sign outside the church down the street. It said.

"A will is a dead giveaway."

It kinda made my brain hiccup.
I had never thought about it, but it's true in some murder cases isn't it?

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

Heck some ppl leave everything to the Dog or to a church!

They sure do. Years ago a lady that lived down the street from us gave everything to her dog, Patsy.

But that usually happens when the person has no family or doesn't have a family they are close with.

IMO

This is not aimed at the Dermond family. I just saw it on the sign outside the church down the street. It said.

"A will is a dead giveaway."

It kinda made my brain hiccup.
I had never thought about it, but it's true in some murder cases isn't it?

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

They sure do. Years ago a lady that lived down the street from us gave everything to her dog, Patsy.

But that usually happens when the person has no family or doesn't have a family they are close with.

IMO

Or they are not close with their kids like u said
Some ppl disown em!

Or they are not close with their kids like u said
Some ppl disown em!

True but I think the Dermonds loved their children very much and were close to them.

I read an article that said the reason they retired where they did was because it was a halfway point between their daughter who lives in NC and their sons who live in Florida.

Hey!
Maybe Mrs. D left things around and didn't have a tidy house.
At least not as tidy as what was found
Maybe dishes should have been in the sink or laundry in a basket

I really think when Sills said that right after Russ' torso was found in the garage he was expecting to see the murder scene when he walked inside. Then later on he said that he doesn't believe Russ was even murdered there but just placed in the garage after being decapitated. I don't think the suspect ever even entered the home and that is why it was left just like Shirley kept it. Sills just didn't expect to find it that way.

I do think Shirley regularly kept a neat and tidy home. It was only two of them living in that big home. Not much would even get messed up and they may be neat freaks by nature. I know I am.:floorlaugh:

I really think when Sills said that right after Russ' torso was found in the garage he was expecting to see the murder scene when he walked inside. Then later on he said that he doesn't believe Russ was even murdered there but just placed in the garage after being decapitated. I don't think the suspect ever even entered the home and that is why it was left just like Shirley kept it. Sills just didn't expect to find it that way.

I do think Shirley regularly kept a neat and tidy home. It was only two of them living in that big home. Not much would even get messed up and they may be neat freaks by nature. I know I am.:floorlaugh:

Well what if her kids or her friends knew that she used the dishwasher yet LE found dishes washed on a counter maybe the cleanup was different than Mrs. D;s housekeeping.

See I think they were in the house just the house was not the crime scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20