GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that something really made this case turn the corner after that meeting on Sunday. Also Sills remark was that he had gotten positive information ( not quoting his exact words). Was it the discovery of this neighbors security camera?

If so, the neighbors must have done an excellent job of concealing it if the FBI did not notice it. Thank heavens for the neighbors! Now if it has the info on it needed. . . Yes- think positive!

OMG are you serious? Did someone really send in that crazy theory?:floorlaugh:

That is like in the Scott Peterson case the Judge had to stop the trial because he had received an anonymous letter from someone who said they knew who the killer was because their dog had told them so. I think that is the way it went. lol:scared:

IMO

Sure I did, it is no more crazy than anything posted here to date. In fact it is the only theory that accounts 1) the decapitation, 2) the missing head, 3) the locations of the bodies 4) No evidence to point to any logical reason for 1-3, nor motive in the killings. To quote the reporter, "it will likely be a crazy reason". Oh and 5) What is the weapon?

I sent that email because I do not believe that possibility should be discounted. If they don't check the DNA and track evidence, it will be lost and a mystery will remain for the family.

My opinion is that the body was not necessarily placed there in that manner but likely drifted between the tree trunks and when it rose, was aligned vertically due to proximity of the tree trunks and branches. The quoted description seems to exclude any mention of it being bound to the trees, though not hard to imagine entanglement with existing fishing line or ropes that might have been caught in the trees over time.

That's more my perception of it too, we dont' have tree trunks on sinclair side but I do know along the shore there are fallen trees in the uninhabited woods along the shore and things get snagged there all the time and that could have been the case here, fallen trees if close to the shore and could have been OVER a fallen tree

most things drift to a shoreline, unlike the ocean, where things I THINK typically drift away from shore

Not to say she wasn't tethered however, but in regards to the "placing her on the tree trunk" or her positioning at discover

OMG are you serious? Did someone really send in that crazy theory?:floorlaugh:

That is like in the Scott Peterson case the Judge had to stop the trial because he had received an anonymous letter from someone who said they knew who the killer was because their dog had told them so. I think that is the way it went. lol:scared:

IMO

That is sort of a different situation interfering/communicating with the jury, judge etc:banghead:

Sure I did, it is no more crazy than anything posted here to date. In fact it is the only theory that accounts 1) the decapitation, 2) the missing head, 3) the locations of the bodies 4) No evidence to point to any logical reason for 1-3, nor motive in the killings. To quote the reporter, "it will likely be a crazy reason". Oh and 5) What is the weapon?

I sent that email because I do not believe that possibility should be discounted. If they don't check the DNA and track evidence, it will be lost and a mystery will remain for the family.

I thought maybe ! :floorlaugh: Didn't want to say it to bootsctr when she said it wasn't her ! :floorlaugh:

At any rate you are entitled to your opinion, atleast you are active in the case and have passion about finding out the cause :seeya:

Was the body tied to one of these trees? Or draped over a tree?

Oh, by the way, I still see the white truck sitting on the edge of the water behind the tallest tree in the water! Am using an iPad, regular size, would this give me an unusual view? Not zooming in to see it.

Please remember we do not allow any personal attacks on posters. This includes snarky comments about member's posts.

If you have a problem with a post please hit the alert button (red triangle in upper right hand corner of the post) and one of our moderators will look at the post in question.

Thank you,
Tricia

Well said.

Dr. Watson captured a still video of the area with tree tops above the water line where a buoy was floating. It was an upright buoy and yeah it would be creepy to find a body floating that way. Will see if I can relocate Dr. Watson's most excellent picture of the buoy. On second thought, I think it blew the margins.

OKAY, WTH, SO, was she upright or was she head down, feet down? confusing reporting again

Yeah buoys sit up about 3' tall, of course snagged, hung up on a tree could look taller but I'd think the fabric wuold be weak being in the water 2 weeks IDK

So 2 reports, one like a buoy one face down, feet down

God how awful to have been the ones that found her whatever way but glad they did

Was the body tied to one of these trees? Or draped over a tree?

Oh, by the way, I still see the white truck sitting on the edge of the water behind the tallest tree in the water! Am using an iPad, regular size, would this give me an unusual view? Not zooming in to see it.

Just read this, I wondered that too

NO WAY ! You see the perps in the stills ?! :scared:

My opinion is that the body was not necessarily placed there in that manner but likely drifted between the tree trunks and when it rose, was aligned vertically due to proximity of the tree trunks and branches. The quoted description seems to exclude any mention of it being bound to the trees, though not hard to imagine entanglement with existing fishing line or ropes that might have been caught in the trees over time.

FINALLY! we agree on something. LOL

I have been following this since the beginning.
Did RD still have the fast food franchises?
The biggest question we all have was (besides killers identity) is why cut off the head? Maybe that is the message, perhaps a disgruntled employee or just someone that wanted to purchase the franchise. Cut off the head (the head of the franchise)

Yes, I did, thanks! I was looking for it but couldn't tell what it was right away

but there are conflicting reports on how she was found, am I correct?

IDK, if she was connected to the tree on purpose, that would be more horrible

and what would that imply about the killers??

Talk about being well, that is sarcasm at it's finest (worst)

what would that mean,like flipping someone off? Like "Here ya go Jerks" or soemthing???

And also, i was under the impression she would have been discovered sooner, but I still think she just floated up recently but at any rate, if she was in light colored clothing, she may have just looked like a buoy

IDK, I think someone would h ave noticed sooner tho

Got this little GIg called a job, hope to hear some good news upon my return
Have a great day all!:seeya:

Just read this, I wondered that too

NO WAY ! You see the perps in the stills ?! :scared:

No! First time this picture was posted, I commented about seeing a white truck. Dr. Watson responded that he had reviewed the video this still was taken from and saw nothing. He said from checking maps he did not see access to the area on that side of the lake.

No one sees the truck but me!! Believe me, I will never mention it again.

No! First time this picture was posted, I commented about seeing a white truck. Dr. Watson responded that he had reviewed the video this still was taken from and saw nothing. He said from checking maps he did not see access to the area on that side of the lake.

I saw the white pickup truck in the still photo that was posted on here. Of course the media news video was taken after Mrs. D's body was found and the truck could have belonged to LE. So what if there is not a road down there, trucks do drive on dirt.

No 1&2&3 - so sorry, you misunderstood me - I DO see what looks like a truck there! :) I said you had a very good eye to catch that! But after looking at the moving video several times, I said I thought it was just the shadows and lights from the leafy trees. It really does look like a truck from the still... you were great to point that out.

Maybe our "lake local" can tell us if there are roads that go down there to that spot - I couldn't see any on google. Maybe it was a LE truck there doing the investigating?

How is it proven that a boat was used to access the home based on the apparent use of a boat to place the corpse? Proof or only reasonable assumption?

If a boat was used to access the home, and a sharp cutting instrument was used in the crime, and the boat was a fishing boat, could the cutting tool be something typically used by a fishing "person", like a 10" serrated filet knife. If the beast knew how to use one skillfully, how long would it take? If the tool was then thoroughly cleaned and replaced in its normal location, how could it be found and identified as the weapon?

There would be thousands of such knives in the area.

It still comes to me that the reason the killer went to so much trouble was because it was about the only way the most direct evidence could be hidden.

Attachments

• dermond knife.jpg
    dermond knife.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 19
Don't tell others how to post. If you have a problem with a post, hit the alert button and let the mods take a look at it.

Salem

Yes, I did, thanks! I was looking for it but couldn't tell what it was right away

but there are conflicting reports on how she was found, am I correct?

IDK, if she was connected to the tree on purpose, that would be more horrible

and what would that imply about the killers??

Talk about being well, that is sarcasm at it's finest (worst)

what would that mean,like flipping someone off? Like "Here ya go Jerks" or soemthing???

And also, i was under the impression she would have been discovered sooner, but I still think she just floated up recently but at any rate, if she was in light colored clothing, she may have just looked like a buoy

IDK, I think someone would h ave noticed sooner tho

<BBM for Focus>

tomkat, before coming over to the Dermond abduction/murder/decapitation investigation ws thread. I had been sleuthing the 08/2009 horrific murder of Pastor Carol Daniels(Anardarko, OK). Her case has a few parallels with the Dermond case, imo. Clues were analyzed by expert profiler Vernon Geberth; NYPD retired & author of the Homicide investigators Bible..

The answer to your question BBM above may be contained in the following msm link;

Crime Expert Analysis Clues in Anardarko Pastor's Murder
http://www.practicalhomicide.com/current/TULSA1.htm

Websleuths Pastor Carol Daniels 08/2009 Anardarko, OK
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88118&highlight=carol+daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics