GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if SheriffSills could ask ALL homeowners in Great Waters to open their homes for a dog & FBI agent to walk through.

I wish he would but he is never going to do that, imo. That can open a whole can of legal worms if he found something.

He will not go in unless he has a signed SW by a Judge so that if he finds anything then he knows it will stand up in court.

IMO

BBM
We are all being good WS and not discussing this. However, I would venture to guess there are a number of people who have suspicions . . .? :confused:

And I got banned for 48 hours. Sitting in corner... learning my lesson!

Just thinking who would benefit from house not being ransacked and damaged, in addition to what's already been mentioned. A realtor looking for a commission? Crazy I know, but then a realtor just died mysteriously nearby. Sounds like something out of a Lifetime movie, I know. :facepalm:

Just thinking who would benefit from house not being ransacked and damaged, in addition to what's already been mentioned. A realtor looking for a commission? Crazy I know, but then a realtor just died mysteriously nearby. Sounds like something out of a Lifetime movie, I know. :facepalm:

That has to be disclosed in GA!

So where is the murder scene? Imo, it has not been located yet and will only be located once the murderer is arrested and charged and a SW done of their home and property.

Might be a boat. Someone they knew came to the dock and things went from there. They might have even gone for a ride.

"police try to recover fingerprints from porous and nonporous objects in a home, requiring the use of black and white powders and other products that can lead to the inability to thoroughly remove them (or the stains they leave behind) from precious and treasured items or those of sentimental value."

I didn't know this. I've never heard this before. I don't know anyone who has ever had a crime scene investigation done at their home so I guess that's why.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gbi-releases-dermond-bodies-to-family-sheriff-returns-belongings

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

BBM
We are all being good WS and not discussing this. However, I would venture to guess there are a number of people who have suspicions . . .? :confused:

All I did was relate what Sheriff Sills said on HLN, The family has not been eliminated. I did not accuse them nor did I sleuth them.
:confused:

I talked the DH into a detour drive to Long Shoals boat ramp on the way home. It was a tad over a three mile drive down the road to the boat ramp off Hwy 16. There is a sign at the entrance to the ramp - $5.00 parking fee beginning Jan. 1, 2014. I don't know where or how the fee is paid because I didn't notice the sign until we were driving out. There would have to be a way to track which vehicles have paid though? Also, there is a Marathon gas station/convenience store at Hwy 16 and Long Shoals Rd. I did not see any cameras on the outside of the store but I did see ceiling cameras on the gas island. Not sure any of that means a thing, just had to see for myself...

Respectfully snipped for space.

Can't drag along number two while climbing the ladder. Too much extra weight.

I did think about the derby party, but then realized we have the 'elite' in our area that also had a huge derby party with the fancy hats, etc. It isn't necessarily the elite that attended, but the social club type people. Those that enjoy rubbing elbows with others. I know two ladies that attended that aren't rich. They do have horses, but not as a huge business now. They are more into self sufficient farming than the horse business. BUT, they both keep their foot in the horse business. They attend horse shows and are often hired to judge the shows. So the need to keep those contacts.

I briefly wondered if the Dermonds could have interest in one of the horses that raced, but now I don't think so. Haven't seen or heard anything to make me really believe either way, just gut feeling. Having worked in horse rescue for decades now, I can say the racing industry is brutal. The horses mean nothing to most of those involved. Horse makes over a $1 million, but becomes lame, blind, etc., it goes to slaughter, or given to a rescue as a tax write off. I am not kidding either. They are given good care while they are making the money, but afterwards, they are discarded. If they don't bring in the money, they are discarded. The horses mean nothing to them. It sickens me, and I refuse to watch the races because I know the brutal training the horses endure as well. NO thanks! Most horses are not owned by just one person either. They have investors. They have a training team. Care takers, etc. MONEY! Sorry, got off topic, just very passionate about my animals.

The "dragging number two along" made me LOL as I misread it initially. :seeya:

A lot of people like having Derby parties as they are a fun social function. I would like to go to one! I bet the Dermonds were looking forward to it and that makes me sad to think about.

I applaud your dedication to OTTB rescue. As a lifelong horse lover and owner, I truly appreciate what you are doing. Please know there are a lot of race horse owners that do care and do try and rehome their horses after their run at the track has ended. Having horses is not only expensive, but also a responsibility to do right by them. God Bless you for what you do. :blowkiss:

CSI teams make a huge mess, in my experience. Some chemicals used to procure evidence leave lasting stains. Also, some fingerprint powders are nearly impossible to remove. IMO Plus, I'm pretty sure that real estate agents have to disclose the information about the Dermonds' tragic demise.
:twocents:

No real estate salesperson would potentially damage the reputation of a whole neighborhood for a single sale. There's no "there" there about the tragic death of the real estate agent on Lake Sinclair. She was known to have medical issues. And I don't think she had been active in real estate for a while.

(rsbm)

He also said he believe that Russ' head was removed to hide evidence of either a bullet inside of his skull or because there were identifying took marks left on his skull. Why would the killer care about hiding bullets or tool marks if they weren't worried that either one of those could be linked right to them? There has to be something very unique about the weapon used for him to go to the trouble of removing the head in order to hide it.

I totally agree. I don't believe it's a fear of a bullet being traced back to killer, I believe the killer used in item very specific that an ME would easily be able to ID (based on impact pattern it left on the head/skull/etc) and in doing so, would be an item that would then alert LE to a particular person or group of persons who would normally used such an item, say, in the course of their job.......or, an item that only a limited # of people would have access to, except perhaps due to the nature of their job. So that causes me to suspect that the killer(s) was some kind of service person........maybe someone who arrived at their home and went to the door wearing (albeit bogus) work clothing, a uniform........something that would increase the likelihood of the Dermonds having no issue opening the door to that person(s). I think, also, that this person was able to lure Mr D out of the home under the guise that there was something on the exterior or the property that he/she wanted to inspect/fix/clean/trim/etc (window washer, clean the gutters, inspect roof, etc). And very possible someone the D's had previous contact/experience with (maybe this killer in the past did work for them but only in an attempt to case the place)........but not 100% did it have to be someone they'd met before................but then again maybe the killer(s) was someone who they'd seen at a neighbor's home doing work for them.

All a killer would have to do is pull up in a van, wear some kind of work clothing....be carrying a clip board or wearing a tool belt.....etc etc.....and lie and say "I was just doing work for your neighbor down the road "so and so" and they mentioned you might need someone to take a look at your "whatchamacallit" and seeing how I'm already out this way there's no charge for me to inspect "x" while I' m already here."

So then...........what kind of tool/implement/object one could use to strike someone in the head to kill them, that would leave a very identifiable imprint in the skull?

IMO

Might be a boat. Someone they knew came to the dock and things went from there. They might have even gone for a ride.

Let's take it a few more steps.....all just a theory, not even an opinion.....boat driver-acquaintance was doctor, probably retired with prior combat medical experience. Had a buzz that early evening, booze, drugs or both, and was out for a spin.

Takes R&S for a friendly ride. Swerves to miss a log and Russell falls, fatally striking his head on something that can be tied to the boat. Captain panics, knowing he will be charged with boating homicide because he's under the influence. Shirley is screaming and he freaks out.

Just the beginning of a theory.

I talked the DH into a detour drive to Long Shoals boat ramp on the way home. It was a tad over a three mile drive down the road to the boat ramp off Hwy 16. There is a sign at the entrance to the ramp - $5.00 parking fee beginning Jan. 1, 2014. I don't know where or how the fee is paid because I didn't notice the sign until we were driving out. There would have to be a way to track which vehicles have paid though? Also, there is a Marathon gas station/convenience store at Hwy 16 and Long Shoals Rd. I did not see any cameras on the outside of the store but I did see ceiling cameras on the gas island. Not sure any of that means a thing, just had to see for myself...

Thanx for sharing, Carolinapeach... Sure hope investigators have secured the footage from the Marathon gas station, and the cash envelopes for the $5 boat ramp parking fees from DNR..
Surely they have, but ya just never know...

Would any of you who watched the interview with Sills and/or the FBI on HLN mind posting a synopsis? TIA

Also, have there been any pressers with Sills today? Any progress? I am so ready for them to announce arrests to give the Dermond family and the community some peace of mind.

Would any of you who watched the interview with Sills and/or the FBI on HLN mind posting a synopsis? TIA

Also, have there been any pressers with Sills today? Any progress? I am so ready for them to announce arrests to give the Dermond family and the community some peace of mind.

I know! I was out the last couple days, and I kept thinking about the Dermond's, and wondering if I was missing news of an arrest(s). I hope there will be arrest(s) soon!

Let's take it a few more steps.....all just a theory, not even an opinion.....boat driver-acquaintance was doctor, probably retired with prior combat medical experience. Had a buzz that early evening, booze, drugs or both, and was out for a spin.

Takes R&S for a friendly ride. Swerves to miss a log and Russell falls, fatally striking his head on something that can be tied to the boat. Captain panics, knowing he will be charged with boating homicide because he's under the influence. Shirley is screaming and he freaks out.

Just the beginning of a theory.

In your hypothesis, why would the doctor leave SD in the lake and not RD as well? I love theories!

Yaahhh you! I have also involved my honey bunny on my sleuthing adventures. One night while returning from one said excursion, we came upon a roadblock. ID's were checked, questions asked, and we were sent on our merry way. Well, lo and behold, the next day it was reported that the body of Shaniya Davis had been discovered in Sanford. Yep, the same town where we encountered the roadblock.

In your hypothesis, why would the doctor leave SD in the lake and not RD as well? I love theories!

Russell hit his head on something that the doc knew could be traced to his boat. May have used a billy club (catfish clubbier) or something on the boat that could be disposed of to silence Shirley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m00n_g0ddess