GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been my gut feeling since I got lured into this case. Who the hell kills grandparents who are almost 90 years old? And removes the head of the patriarch???

Mine TOO! Just doing a process of elimination! that is, with what little we have

THANK YOU THANK YOU MOTHEROCEAN!

So in all that, you'd say these beasts are...... "quite capable" in regards to the Dermonds??

Not that they did, BUT Capable?

Yes, of course, as far as possessing enough hate and very possibly having major mental issues. It wouldn't take all of them. Only one or two who were thoroughly committed to the teachings.

It is interesting that York is in the prison that he is in. This facility is for the most dangerous of the dangerous. It is stunning that he is at such a place. Very telling, IMO. Look at the names of some of the prisoners. Wow!

ADX Florence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But, we have no reason to believe the Dermonds had any contact with these people.

Cult schmult. Too much talk about the Nuwabs.........it's not a viable theory in my opinion.
But I may be wrong.

I must be past my quota (haven't had a thing to drink) but I don't like doing laundry....washing money...no thanks. :D

I tried reading some about money laundering, and well, it's all over my head right now. ZOOM... flew right over me.

Yes, of course, as far as possessing enough hate and very possibly having major mental issues. It wouldn't take all of them. Only one or two who were thoroughly committed to the teachings.

It is interesting that York is in the prison that he is in. This facility is for the most dangerous of the dangerous. It is stunning that he is at such a place. Very telling, IMO. Look at the names of some of the prisoners. Wow!

ADX Florence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But, we have no reason to believe the Dermonds had any contact with these people.

No, I agree, it would be random, yet targeted at Sills

IDK, but I keep remembering the surveillance cameras went out on April 28,

weird

LIke yuu said, ONE or TWO, not all of them

:dunno::pullhair:

Maybe Mr. And Mrs. D. We're just coming home and we're surprised by this perp.
The perp wants access to the house and the safe Mr.d won't open the door or give them the code to the alarm in a rage they kill them.

You know I thought of that. Maybe they drove up to the house and hit the garage door opener and somebody was waiting and followed them into the garage!

The only problem I have with that thought is the beheading. That was merciless and had to be planned well in advance.

If the killing was done elsewhere like the Sheriff said then you have transportation and all kinds of things going on.

It is surely a mystery.

I must be past my quota (haven't had a thing to drink) but I don't like doing laundry....washing money...no thanks. :D

I tried reading some about money laundering, and well, it's all over my head right now. ZOOM... flew right over me.

All you need to know is that money laundering involves crime syndicates usually-to put it mildly.

Add in all major crimes against persons and you get the picture.

For clarity, I dont' think the son said NUWABIAN CULT, just CULT

BUT, that is the big cult that came in

I dont' know why someone would say such a thing unless, IT"S TRUE or unless they are trying to LEAD or DIVERT the investigation away from themselves??

I am more of the opinion there is something with the elder Dermonds that we have no clue to but might have been discussed between father and son or the Sheriff mentioned it to the son while discussing who could have done these terrible murders.

I keep trying to think of what I would possible say and I don't think I would ever say cult unless that was suggested to me by another.

i have really made an effort to avoid offering opinions. Why would the nawaubian group give sills an opportunity to be a hero solving a high profile case? if one wanted to punish him, a totally different crime would be more effective .

this is my opinion. i know nothing

Had to think about this one for a while. Sills hasn't solved it yet so maybe to make him look foolish if he doesn't solve it?

We have looked at so many reasons the Dermonds were murdered in such a heinous way and with the son saying cult and the ancient problems the investigating officer, Sills, had with the nawaubians I guess it just went full circle.

I still think there might be some kind of connection in all of this we are missing. Something that ties all of these people together. That is if we are to 'connect the dots' with Dermonds, Sills and nawaubians.

Or we are completely off track and 'barking up the wrong tree'.

Oh goodness, I'm sorry about that. I thought that might be confusing. I meant to point that out but forgot to do so by the time I got around to posting. I have been reading Nawaubian web sites for hours. I have a little personal experience with the effects of exposure to these cults that are focused on the mystery religion of ancient Egypt. Maybe that is why, even though I really don't think there is a cult connection to this case with the Dermonds, I can't dismiss the possibility all together. There is some very intense mind control that goes on in some of these groups.

I have tried to spend some time reading the web sites but wow. I would like to ask. Who other than Abernathy and Jackson supported York? Do you have a list or remember who you read about supporting him? Didn't I read the Mayor of New York was a big supporter of York.

This was a HUGE can of worms Sills found himself in. I am kind of surprised he survived and lived to fight another day!

Thank you in advance for any info you can provide.

Well, maybe it is like Eileen stated, the perps were surprised when the Dermonds showed up unexpectedly and the perps got spooked, killed the Dermonds, chopped Mr. Dermond's head off and dumped Shirley's body in the lake. They were spooked so early on that they didn't have a chance to rob the place. Said forget it and got out of Dodge (Great Waters) as soon as they could.

Then why not just kill them and not behead anybody and leave them both in the garage?

Round and round we go!

It seems like a thrill kill to me. Much attention to detail and a lot of time spent. It does have a personal feel to it-the person who did this relished the experience.

Cult schmult. Too much talk about the Nuwabs.........it's not a viable theory in my opinion.
But I may be wrong.

What about another kind of cult? A group of people that would never refer to themselves as a cult, but some of us would.

Religious?
Pseudo religious?
Therapeutic?
Political?
Social?

Spent a weekend in the western US a few years ago - extended family stuff. A very well educated, well dressed, well spoken, very attractive couple from California was at the event we had to attend. Early 50s. And they talked openly about their years in a cult and how raising their kids in a cult damaged their 4 children... And they had all been deprogrammed!! These people? Knock me over with a feather! I almost fell out of my chair. Especially after they named the cult! Geez. And I am not talking about that "church" so many stars belong to... They were either not smart( different from well educated) or easily influenced.

People get involved in all kinds of groups that some might label a cult. Maybe that's why the son said what he did.

That's what popped in my head watching Will Robinson...

I have to ask. How would money laundering come into play with an elderly couple that sold their business years ago?

I don't believe one can money laundry through a SS check each month! :floorlaugh:

I have to ask. How would money laundering come into play with an elderly couple that sold their business years ago?

I don't believe one can money laundry through a SS check each month! :floorlaugh:

I think that the logistics of 'money-laundering' is over your head.

It involves undeclared assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members