GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm telling y'all this York guy is obsessed with Sills.

"Thats Dr. Malachi Z. York and to his right is the Sheriff Howard Richard Sills. If you ever seen this video footage on Youtube, it will show that Sheriff Sills was trying to cause Dr. York to trip and fall on the stairs."

DSC03774.JPG

BBM

Yes, he is! And so are some of his followers. I don't have time right now to share all I would like but YES, they hate Sills. It's a good thing he is locked up. I would not underestimate York nor the length to which his disciples would go.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/latest/lat_704061.shtml

The FBI gave Russell copies of the notarized fake documents on Dec. 10, after it got them from officials at the so-called supermax federal prison in Florence, Colo.
York is housed there with the nation's highest risk prisoners, including Unabomber Theodore Kaczynski, Olympic Centennial Park bomber Eric Rudolph and Ramzi Yousef, who helped plan the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
York's followers also gave fake documents to the staff judge advocate at Fort Carson in Colorado, officials said.
Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills, who began the investigation into reported child abuse at the Nuwaubian compound near Eatonton in 2002, chuckled at the latest twist in the sect leader's bizarre history.
"It just never stops," he said.
Sills has been sued more than a dozen times by Nuwaubians, and one sect member even placed a fake lien on property the sheriff owns.

This man is very dangerous. I am not saying he has anything to do with the Dermonds' murders. But, some of the objections that I have read here about the very idea of the Nawaubians' *potential* to commit just such a crime as this are easily cleared up. First, he still has followers. He supposedly has authored books from prison. His followers think he is GOD!! They think white people are devils and white people who are in political positions are the most hated devils of all. He has called for the murders of whites based on his authority as a divine manifestation of "Light." And their hate towards Sills is of course even deeper because they believe he personally wronged York. There are MANY articles on-line that document that the Nawaubians think they are supposed to vindicate York.

He is first and foremost a Black Supremacist. His many, many personas (lots of name changes, frequent revisions of his personal narrative/history, many evolving versions of what he supposedly believes) are just ways to manipulate others and serve to camouflage what he is really preaching and that is the doctrines of the Nation of Islam.

The Nawaubians are listed as one of the groups in the article below:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_supremacy

The belief in sacrificial killing and ritualistic murder was part of the early Nation of Islam doctrine. Fard thought explicitly that it was the duty for every Muslim to offer as sacrifice four "Caucasian devils".[2] A portion of Fard's lesson reads as follows:

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan later argued that the lessons about murdering devils was only a metaphor designed to "rally NOI members to 'slay whites' psychological and social grip on them"[4] but Fard's lessons on the murder of white people in at least one instance were taken literally and verbatim:

One afternoon in the early 1970s, when Ali K. Muslim, then Charles 41x, was guarding the temple, a man carrying a sack asked to meet a temple official. The man, thoroughly confused about Elijah Muhammad's teachings, believed that if he killed four white "devils" he would win a trip to the Holy Land. He had come to redeem his prizes. In the sack, Ali K. Muslim say
s, were four severed heads.[5]

York preaches the same doctrines and observes the same "holy" days, like the "Savior's Day" which is the day that Nawaubians celebrate York's birthday. Savior's Day did not originate with York. It originated with the Nation of Islam.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/nuwaubian-nation-of-moors

York’s prison sentence did not destroy the Nuwaubians, though they have diminished in numbers. When the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals considered York’s case on appeal in September 2005, two hundred Nuwaubian protesters demonstrated in Atlanta to show their support (that October, the court upheld York’s conviction). In 2009, Nuwaubians tried to get York out of jail by sending false documents to his maximum security prison. Some of the documents were stamped by notaries public, six of whom lived in Athens, Ga., where some Nuwaubians have relocated. Howard Sills, the sheriff responsible for York’s arrest, has also been harassed by the Nuwaubians. They have sued him more than 12 times and once placed a fake lien on his property.

On Aug. 26, 2009, 300 people congregated at a federal courthouse in Macon, GA, to support an appeal filed to get York out of jail. As of 2011, Nuwaubians still posted frequently on websites and online forums, defending York’s innocence and alleging that the government framed him.

I regret that I can't find a link to verify this right now but I have read that Sills has received death threats from Nawaubians in the past.

One more thing... why now?

The Nawaubians believe that we are right now at the very end of a 6,000 year period in which whites have been allowed to exist but at the end of the 6,000 there is supposed to be a time of earth cleansing that will rid the world of white people.

Not saying this has anything at all to do with this terrible crime against the Dermonds, just saying that the Nawaubians doctrine has a developed eschatology (the end times) that teaches that a change is RIGHT NOW beginning to occur during which time Nawaubians are to finally take back the earth AND vindicate York.

One more creepy thing is that York sure LOVES a sword!
http://nuwaubian.blogspot.com/p/dr-york-photos.html

Now, I am not saying I believe any of these cult members did this crime (how would they know the Dermonds?) but there is a lot here that would account for motive, the perps. psychological will to kill, timing, the possibility of multiple killers working together with the intent and dedication to guard their secret, potential for the out of state investigations that are being conducted.

Soul Sacrafice

Shocking, truthful, amazing triumph, scary & truly enlightening. This is a story all parents must read. Ruby's candid look at how any one's life can change is just mind blowing. All I can say is if you have a daughter, you should read this book. Ruby Garnett delves into the world of cult leader Malachi Z York and his incredible control of people as one of his many wives. It's an explosive account of her years in the cult and being a wife/partner to a mad man. Great read, easy read and most definitely recommend it!

The nuwabians are quite interesting. I am shocked that York had so many people in high places think he was so good. Was he buying them with money or what was his draw.

Since we seem to be going in circles I would love to read a good book about their rise to power.

Anybody have a suggestion for a great read? Not a good read...a great read.
Surely in all this time books have been written about this rise and fall from power of York.

TIA

"Soul Sacrifice: One Story of Many" by Ruby S. Garnett -- five stars on Amazon. Check it out. Think I might buy it, too!

Here's another one:

"The Man of Many Faces: PT. 1 & 2: Uncovering the Truth about Dr. Malachi Z. York" by Yovan Christenson

BBM

Yes, he is! And so are some of his followers. I don't have time right now to share all I would like but YES, they hate Sills. It's a good thing he is locked up. I would not underestimate York nor the length to which his disciples would go.

The FBI gave Russell copies of the notarized fake documents on Dec. 10, after it got them from officials at the so-called supermax federal prison in Florence, Colo.
York is housed there with the nation's highest risk prisoners, including Unabomber Theodore Kaczynski, Olympic Centennial Park bomber Eric Rudolph and Ramzi Yousef, who helped plan the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
York's followers also gave fake documents to the staff judge advocate at Fort Carson in Colorado, officials said.
Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills, who began the investigation into reported child abuse at the Nuwaubian compound near Eatonton in 2002, chuckled at the latest twist in the sect leader's bizarre history.
"It just never stops," he said.
Sills has been sued more than a dozen times by Nuwaubians, and one sect member even placed a fake lien on property the sheriff owns.

This man is very dangerous. I am not saying he has anything to do with the Dermonds' murders. But, some of the objections that I have read here about the very idea of the Nawaubians' *potential* to commit just such a crime as this are easily cleared up. First, he still has followers. He supposedly has authored books from prison. His followers think he is GOD!! They think white people are devils and white people who are in political positions are the most hated devils of all. He has called for the murders of whites based on his authority as a divine manifestation of "Light." And their hate towards Sills is of course even deeper because they believe he personally wronged York. There are MANY articles on-line that document that the Nawaubians think they are supposed to vindicate York.

He is first and foremost a Black Supremacist. His many, many personas (lots of name changes, frequent revisions of his personal narrative/history, many evolving versions of what he supposedly believes) are just ways to manipulate others and serve to camouflage what he is really preaching and that is the doctrines of the Nation of Islam.

The Nawaubians are listed as one of the groups in the article below:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_supremacy

The belief in sacrificial killing and ritualistic murder was part of the early Nation of Islam doctrine. Fard thought explicitly that it was the duty for every Muslim to offer as sacrifice four "Caucasian devils".[2] A portion of Fard's lesson reads as follows:

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan later argued that the lessons about murdering devils was only a metaphor designed to "rally NOI members to 'slay whites' psychological and social grip on them"[4] but Fard's lessons on the murder of white people in at least one instance were taken literally and verbatim:

One afternoon in the early 1970s, when Ali K. Muslim, then Charles 41x, was guarding the temple, a man carrying a sack asked to meet a temple official. The man, thoroughly confused about Elijah Muhammad's teachings, believed that if he killed four white "devils" he would win a trip to the Holy Land. He had come to redeem his prizes. In the sack, Ali K. Muslim say
s, were four severed heads.[5]

York preaches the same doctrines and observes the same "holy" days, like the "Savior's Day" which is the day that Nawaubians celebrate York's birthday. Savior's Day did not originate with York. It originated with the Nation of Islam.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/nuwaubian-nation-of-moors

York’s prison sentence did not destroy the Nuwaubians, though they have diminished in numbers. When the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals considered York’s case on appeal in September 2005, two hundred Nuwaubian protesters demonstrated in Atlanta to show their support (that October, the court upheld York’s conviction). In 2009, Nuwaubians tried to get York out of jail by sending false documents to his maximum security prison. Some of the documents were stamped by notaries public, six of whom lived in Athens, Ga., where some Nuwaubians have relocated. Howard Sills, the sheriff responsible for York’s arrest, has also been harassed by the Nuwaubians. They have sued him more than 12 times and once placed a fake lien on his property.

On Aug. 26, 2009, 300 people congregated at a federal courthouse in Macon, GA, to support an appeal filed to get York out of jail. As of 2011, Nuwaubians still posted frequently on websites and online forums, defending York’s innocence and alleging that the government framed him.

I regret that I can't find a link to verify this right now but I have read that Sills has received death threats from Nawaubians in the past.

One more thing... why now?

The Nawaubians believe that we are right now at the very end of a 6,000 year period in which whites have been allowed to exist but at the end of the 6,000 there is supposed to be a time of earth cleansing that will rid the world of white people.

Not saying this has anything at all to do with this terrible crime against the Dermonds, just saying that the Nawaubians doctrine has a developed eschatology (the end times) that teaches that a change is RIGHT NOW beginning to occur during which time Nawaubians are to finally take back the earth AND vindicate York.

One more creepy thing is that York sure LOVES a sword!
http://nuwaubian.blogspot.com/p/dr-york-photos.html

Now, I am not saying I believe any of these cult members did this crime (how would they know the Dermonds?) but there is a lot here that would account for motive, the perps. psychological will to kill, timing, the possibility of multiple killers working together with the intent and dedication to guard their secret, potential for the out of state investigations that are being conducted.

No doubt! He's dangerous. I think he posts on that nuwaubian website. Guess he has a lot of liberties. One thing comes to mind when I look at those pictures of him . . . chameleon. He didn't fool Sills though and Sills never backed down from him and it sounds like the African-American community supported Sills when they saw what a creep York was. They even tried to oust Sills from office, but by that time everyone saw him for the criminal he is.

I was a bit confused MotherOcean with your post with this link:
"The FBI gave Russell copies of the notarized fake documents on Dec. 10, after it got them from officials at the so-called supermax federal prison in Florence, Colo."

I was confused with the name RUSSELL, as Mr. Dermond's first name is Russell.
For those who have NOT read the link, the RUSSELL that the article in the link refers to is:
"Athens-Clarke police Detective Beverly Russell."
IMOO.

So was this building referenced to in the article built and run by former Nuwaubian cult members? I know York was really into the Egyptian thing and pyramids.

moveto-lakecountry-16.jpg

no just a tacky real estate office. owners said they wanted to be a landmark.

So was this building referenced to in the article built and run by former Nuwaubian cult members? I know York was really into the Egyptian thing and pyramids.

moveto-lakecountry-16.jpg

No. This is a real estate office or at least was the last time I was paying attention when driving by. Google Tama re compound Georgia to see images of York's structures. It was on the other end of the county.

i have really made an effort to avoid offering opinions. Why would the nawaubian group give sills an opportunity to be a hero solving a high profile case? if one wanted to punish him, a totally different crime would be more effective .

this is my opinion. i know nothing

Snipping for focus and BBM
I know if it's a "GIFT" then there is no repayment required and it helps with a loan if you need to qualify, ok, so he put it IN or took it OUT of a trust, of which he is the trustee, gifting it, so there is no..........wait, that would cause a 100% capital gain when sold. ...

O/T, in response to your comment in bold.
When person buys property in individual name, then same day transfers by deed from individual name to trust name (say a trust to avoid probate),
Likely, imo, there is no taxable event, and the trust assumes the same cost basis as the individual had.

So if, for ex, the property is sold during his lifetime and if transferred to John Q. Public, the trust's cost basis would be same as if trust originally itself bought property.
So, cost basis to trust would not be zero, and
No, 100% of sales proceeds would not be subject to federal income tax at the capital gains rate.

There are many exceptions to a hypothetical like this,
Depending on exact terms of trust, revocable, or irrevocable, lapse of time between original purchase to transfer to trust, whether there had been a change in FMV during that period, etc

IMO, MOO, JMO, IME.
IANAL, IANACPA and I don't play one on TV.

Thanks TK! :seeya: This would have made a perfect 48 hours episode IMO just because it was done in front of so many witnesses:

"In the light most favorable to the verdict, the record shows that, on the evening of August 30, 2000, Mark Dermond and Grady Harris drove to the Neal Street area of Atlanta to purchase drugs.   Paula Heard immediately approached Dermond's car and asked him to buy a rock of crack cocaine for her.   Walter Thomas Martin then approached the car to sell the drugs to Dermond.   At that time, Major and his co-defendant, Cedric Mansa, approached the vehicle.   Major walked to the driver's side of the car where Dermond was sitting, demanded his money, and shot him multiple times.   Later, Martin testified that he had observed Major carrying a gun, and both Heard and Mansa identified Major as the shooter.   Dermond died as a result of gunshot wounds, and Harris was injured."

So, when it says Major walked to the driver's side of the car where Dermond was sitting, demanded "HIS" money, does that mean Mark's money or money that Mark owed Troy Major from a previous drug transaction and highly po'd to see Dermond back in his hood buying drugs from another dealer when Mark had never paid Troy Major for the previous drugs?

I think Mark had gotten drugs from Troy Major prior and never paid him for said drugs and when Major demanded "HIS" money, it was literal. Maybe?

Wonder where Grady Harris is now?

<BBM for Focus>

Irony; Atlanta police kill 92 year old woman in drug raid; flawed ...
www.talkleft.com/.../Atlanta-police-kill-92-year-old-woman-in-...
TalkLeft
Nov 22, 2006 - They shot dead a 92 year old woman who had a gun defending her house. ... at the home at 933 Neal Street, an area west and north of the Georgia Tech.....

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2006/...-old-woman-in-drug-raid-flawed-SCOTUS-policy-

i have really made an effort to avoid offering opinions. Why would the nawaubian group give sills an opportunity to be a hero solving a high profile case? if one wanted to punish him, a totally different crime would be more effective .

this is my opinion. i know nothing

Thanks for addressing the elephant in the room. I also highly doubt the group had anything to do with the Dermond's deaths. JMO

I was a bit confused MotherOcean with your post with this link:
"The FBI gave Russell copies of the notarized fake documents on Dec. 10, after it got them from officials at the so-called supermax federal prison in Florence, Colo."

I was confused with the name RUSSELL, as Mr. Dermond's first name is Russell.
For those who have NOT read the link, the RUSSELL that the article in the link refers to is:
"Athens-Clarke police Detective Beverly Russell."
IMOO.

Oh goodness, I'm sorry about that. I thought that might be confusing. I meant to point that out but forgot to do so by the time I got around to posting. I have been reading Nawaubian web sites for hours. I have a little personal experience with the effects of exposure to these cults that are focused on the mystery religion of ancient Egypt. Maybe that is why, even though I really don't think there is a cult connection to this case with the Dermonds, I can't dismiss the possibility all together. There is some very intense mind control that goes on in some of these groups.

Thanks for addressing the elephant in the room. I also highly doubt the group had anything to do with the Dermond's deaths. JMO

I don't think the group did this but I do think that the type of rhetoric that York's followers are exposed to can result in an individual becoming so warped in his or her thinking that a crime of this nature could be conceived and carried out without remorse.

Whoever did this has a mind that doesn't work the way that ours do. This crime makes perfect sense to whoever did it!

Well, maybe it is like Eileen stated, the perps were surprised when the Dermonds showed up unexpectedly and the perps got spooked, killed the Dermonds, chopped Mr. Dermond's head off and dumped Shirley's body in the lake. They were spooked so early on that they didn't have a chance to rob the place. Said forget it and got out of Dodge (Great Waters) as soon as they could.

can any of you spell money laundering. Yes, it's Saturday night after my wine quota. Otherwise, I would have stifled myself, Edith.

not sure where the zynga poker is coming from, not from me!!

im not quite sure who i judged? there was no judgement.. the judgement i saw was from people laughing at the others who were discussing the cult, so in jest i called them crazy.. which would make me crazy for thinking they could be right.. i just thought id chime in when i saw a few posts that looked to be mocking the cult theory. i dont think anyone heres crazy if thats what it looked like!! if anything, im the crazy one lol

possibly "chasing a rabbit", but possibly not. obviously a sick person. but isn't this site for theories and looking for clues? if the son of a murdered man mentions a cult, i dont think its crazy to look into a cult theory..

again, not here to make judgements, im nice, i swear. lol

EDITED BECAUSE: I think I may have mis-read your response and went off on a misguided tangent.. that's why im usually just a silent observer here. hehe oopsie.

Lol, CA. It is so much harder to communicate in print than face to face. Sometimes things get completely misinterpreted. Anyhow, if you have something to say, say it. It could be that one thing. Giving a smiley because that is the new emotion when we can't actually talk in person. :)

Got to love Ray Stevens.

It's been a over a week since any updates or word from LE.........
What is the local talk on the D's case now?
Have any posters living near Putnam/Greene Cos, etc. noticed specific changes to business as usual?

Wondering if this period of silence is a tying up the loose ends with an arrest to come soon? .... or deciding what the heck to do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253