GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird!!! Did any of you have problems viewing this site the last hour? I keep getting a strange message and could NOT get on any Websleuth site. Thank heavens that is over.

Weird!!! Did any of you have problems viewing this site the last hour? I keep getting a strange message and could NOT get on any Websleuth site. Thank heavens that is over.

me too! Weird! Thought I had been banned FOR LIFE! :floorlaugh:

YES! I am glad Websleuths is back up!

I was getting a bit nervous with the Websleuths black out because What If there was a break in this case, then we couldn't log on to talk about it!!!!
It's bad enough that I have to "sit on my hands" at times during threads for various missing people, but it's like Panic Mode when I want to Reach out to my Websleuths Peeps and I can't!!!

ME!!!! Scared me to death!

I was getting a bit nervous with the Websleuths black out because What If there was a break in this case, then we couldn't log on to talk about it!!!!
It's bad enough that I have to "sit on my hands" at times during threads for various missing people, but it's like Panic Mode when I want to Reach out to my Websleuths Peeps and I can't!!!

Lol Tree that's called an addiction.

I'll lend u.my paper.bag to breathe into.

O/T Just drove by the Cumming Ga courthouse where the shooting was yesterday . The entire courthouse block has crime scene tape around it and police cars parked in front on entrances.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Yep, atthelake, if the Forsyth Sheriff's Deputy had not been alert, the death toll yesterday would have been very high, imo. I ran into the daughter of Forsyth Co Sheriff Tallant(1950s) at the grocery store a few minutes ago. She grew up in the old Forsyth Co., jail and knows many of the courthouse workers and is related to a few of them.

Once they were evacuated, she said her aunt asked the Judge where he was going? The Judge said, "I am going straight to the Hospital and shake that deputy's hand and thank him for a job well done"!

Thought about Mr and Mrs D today after spending the morning with my grandparents who are in their mid 80's. Before I left I made sure my grandpa still had his guns hid on both the first and second floors and grandma knew where.
As I drove home I said a prayer for the Dermond family. I can't even imagine what they are going through dealing with all this.

There is only one type of person who would choose to harm a couple in their 80's and that's a coward. A weak desperate sorry SOB who doesn't deserve to breath anymore.

Putting down my new Ann Rule book to do my daily check in and reading everyone's well thought out ideas. On Treelight's question about gardening, that could be possible. I would think if it was still light out, they may have been doing what was normal for them, putting around the house (gardening) or she was and he may have been coming back from a walk - trying to picture what may be a usual day for them. I think this is why the killer never entered the house. One thing I don't think has been answered (or can be) is where was Mr. D killed? I tend to think it must have been on their property, between house and dock?? If this killer didn't want to take his body down to the boat, then he probably didn't want to drag it too far, either. Hoping there is some news tonight, although I know as well as most how long these things can sometimes take. Peace!

The killer could have attended the Kentucky Derby Party. He could have been the one who poo-pooed calling the police and said "I'll go check it out." Went over and didn't find them. Guess they decided not to come." Okay back to the party. The Kentucky Derby is not run until late Saturday afternoon 5 Central Standard time in Texas. I'm guessing the party might have started an hour before the Derby and then you party until they start to bring the horses out. That's when I pick my winner. Of course, I've been following the week prior and hearing about the favorite. My heart jumped a little bit when I saw California Chrome and that was it. I was in love. :loveyou: Who doesn't love an underdog :beagle: story and an animal story at that? :loveyou: If it is like I figure, the killer had all of Friday night and Saturday morning to do all the disposing and cleaning or whatever he felt he needed to do.

Gee! Guess you can tell I've never attended a Kentucky Derby Party - I thought that's what you did at them - drink mint juleps and bet on your favorite horse - even if it is not serious betting - just for fun. Oh well! Do they have a lot of horse racing in New Jersey? I'm sure no one is having a Belmont Party. Pretty sure no one is in the mood for partying at LO. Kind of puts a damper on me. . . even in Texas. RIP Mr. and Mrs. Dermond. Come on Sheriff Sills! Do something! :tantrum:

Yeah thought of that too ! Sometimes the perp is the one who calls it in or does the checking up ! The time frame seems very plausible to me, always thougth it was fri evening into the night, hopefully SOOOOOON we will know!!

me too! Weird! Thought I had been banned FOR LIFE! :floorlaugh:

It was a moment of silence, for me, while I was chaperoning a bunch of crazy young NEW teens ! :floorlaugh:

glads it back up, Thank you WS ! :loveyou:

hahaha

Putting down my new Ann Rule book to do my daily check in and reading everyone's well thought out ideas. On Treelight's question about gardening, that could be possible. I would think if it was still light out, they may have been doing what was normal for them, putting around the house (gardening) or she was and he may have been coming back from a walk - trying to picture what may be a usual day for them.

rsbm/bbm: My parents, and many seniors I know, eat meals at the same time every day. If they have an event, they may eat a snack/light meal beforehand. Their kitchen garbage can may hold the key to what meal they ate last.

yes, I know they can examine stomach contents during autopsy. The can evidence is more concrete, and may indicate they fed more people than themselves, imo. I'm sure their kids can tell LE what time each meal was taken.

I am wondering about the "gardening" aspect of Shirley's hobbies.
I am wondering if Shirley (who was found wearing "every day clothes") was
working outside on/in a garden, (whether it be floral or vegetable), when she was accosted?
IMOO.
http://www.williamsfuneralhome.net/obituaries/Shirley-Dermond/#!/Obituary
"She loved crossword puzzles, gardening and was an avid Bridge player."

Since i love gardening, I have been wondering about that also. In ALL the pix and videos of their home, I have not seen any flower beds or veggie patches. I noticed some plants in pots on the porch, but that is all. Maybe the TV cameras just didn't show them.

Sounds like these guys were just having a good old men's night poker game! Were they in public or one of there homes?

Maybe I missed something - if they are playing in a home, they were all there by their own choice, who and why was the police called? Yes, the stakes were high, but again they each knew it and were in on it and you can bet it wasn't the first time. I don't get it. :banghead:

Maybe someones spouse wasn't happy that retirement money was being gambled?

Since i love gardening, I have been wondering about that also. In ALL the pix and videos of their home, I have not seen any flower beds or veggie patches. I noticed some plants in pots on the porch, but that is all. Maybe the TV cameras just didn't show them.

I am wondering if there is a "garden club" that Shirley belonged to?
Maybe gardening was something she "used" to do, and it was being mentioned in the obit with the other 2 items that she was currently involved with up until her death, which was crossword puzzles and bridge.
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member