GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible that the financial investigations are responsible for that?
Maybe their money and accounts are locked up for the time being!
Just a thought!

I believe there to be a reason also, not sure what, strategy or this you mention, but they do have their own funds, I would presume, so possibly strategy in the case??

Also in regards to the 8 days of Silent Sills, maybe they had some strong ideas, waiting on forensics and figuring their strategy??

Or maybe there was simply nothing to tell

How did the murderer know he'd have time to kill them both? Or did he just plan to kill one and not the other? Was he watching? Was the house bugged?

People drop by unannounced at our house all the time. My gutter guy randomly shows up. My friends and neighbors randomly show up - sometimes in a car, sometimes not. My Sentricon guy randomly shows up. The paper guy comes by and not at the same time every day.

And back in the day my parents picked up hitch hikers on the way to the beach. Could Mr. D have picked up someone on the way home from Publix? Someone he knew or recognized?

And hair...unless you are totally bald, or wearing a wig, your hair falls out all day everyday. The murderer may have left some hair at the scene.

Just my opinions.

Maybe they didn't (not planned) or maybe they did (planned)

which scenario seems more plausible since so much time was spent beheading one and hauling off the other?

okay, have a great day all, I"m talking to myself here :floorlaugh: Gotta teen party to chaperone, wish me luck!

How did the murderer know he'd have time to kill them both? Or did he just plan to kill one and not the other? Was he watching? Was the house bugged?

People drop by unannounced at our house all the time. My gutter guy randomly shows up. My friends and neighbors randomly show up - sometimes in a car, sometimes not. My Sentricon guy randomly shows up. The paper guy comes by and not at the same time every day.

And back in the day my parents picked up hitch hikers on the way to the beach. Could Mr. D have picked up someone on the way home from Publix? Someone he knew or recognized?

And hair...unless you are totally bald, or wearing a wig, your hair falls out all day everyday. The murderer may have left some hair at the scene.

Just my opinions.

If only we knew the answer to the question of how do the murderers know he/she has time to kill them then maybe we could make advancements in how to read murderers before they even act. Most murders do not have eye witnesses. Countless times no one sees or hears a thing....not even if they live in an adjoining apartment right next door much less hear or sees anything when the home of the victim is so secluded and spaced out from others..

But in this case I do think the killer was very familiar with the schedule and daily habits of Shirley and Russ. He knew when the best time would be to do these crimes and imo, it was at least at dusk dark or later. Someone that is very familiar with GW and how the properties are set up there Often murderers use darkness as a protective shield when they murder to avoid being detected.

And here you have a home that is very secluded on the end of a sleepy little cul-de-sac and it was tucked back up into giant tall trees. So, imo, he knew, and however he knew, he knew when the best time was to strike where no one would see or hear a thing.

From what I have read it is highly unlikely that someone could just show up at someone's home there out of the blue randomly. Anyone entering through the gate must tell the guard who they are, where they are going and why. Then the guard contacts the homeowner to let them know the person is on the grounds and they must give permission that it is ok.

But, IMOO, he didn't have to do any of that because he was already there at GW when he murdered both of them.

Even guys with bald heads can leave head hairs behind even though it may be very short stubbles. Even when the head is shaved it immediately begins to grow again and that is why some who shave their head have to shave it every three days or so to keep the head completely bald.

I don't think he ever entered the home and the D home is not the original crime scene. It was left just like any other normal home that stays tidy and neat. All homes, even those which are kept extremely neat, still have an abundance of fingerprints, loose head hairs, and loose fibers in their homes. Humans can lose over a 100 head hair a day naturally. The clothing worn also sheds fibers and since many items are touched in a home there is always hundreds of fingerprints that can be found if a forensic tech is trying to find them.

IMO

okay thanks! Because they are still being discussed, just wondered! Confused, some posts get deleted, other posts in regards to familly DO NOT GET DELETED???

Please use the alert button for a mod to check any posts you have concerns about. We do get the alerts and make a decision at that point. We, however, cannot read every post on the forum.

We don't know they didn't gamble..............

but I don't think the derby party had anything to do with it either unless someone knew they had tons of cash on them, the way the perps handled the disposals, it still doesnt' seem to make sense to me if just robbery

The killer could have attended the Kentucky Derby Party. He could have been the one who poo-pooed calling the police and said "I'll go check it out." Went over and didn't find them. Guess they decided not to come." Okay back to the party. The Kentucky Derby is not run until late Saturday afternoon 5 Central Standard time in Texas. I'm guessing the party might have started an hour before the Derby and then you party until they start to bring the horses out. That's when I pick my winner. Of course, I've been following the week prior and hearing about the favorite. My heart jumped a little bit when I saw California Chrome and that was it. I was in love. :loveyou: Who doesn't love an underdog :beagle: story and an animal story at that? :loveyou: If it is like I figure, the killer had all of Friday night and Saturday morning to do all the disposing and cleaning or whatever he felt he needed to do.

Gee! Guess you can tell I've never attended a Kentucky Derby Party - I thought that's what you did at them - drink mint juleps and bet on your favorite horse - even if it is not serious betting - just for fun. Oh well! Do they have a lot of horse racing in New Jersey? I'm sure no one is having a Belmont Party. Pretty sure no one is in the mood for partying at LO. Kind of puts a damper on me. . . even in Texas. RIP Mr. and Mrs. Dermond. Come on Sheriff Sills! Do something! :tantrum:

okay, have a great day all, I"m talking to myself here :floorlaugh: Gotta teen party to chaperone, wish me luck!

I'm listening TK! Teen party to chaperone - have fun with that one and good luck! :seeya:

We don't know they didn't gamble..............

but I don't think the derby party had anything to do with it either unless someone knew they had tons of cash on them, the way the perps handled the disposals, it still doesnt' seem to make sense to me if just robbery

It has been my experience at gambling parties real cash is not used. They use tokens paper monopoly money or something of the sort. jmo

I'm with you...the derby had nothing to do with this at all. People don't get to 90 years old and throw their lives away on petty gambling.

I think the extended family has been VERY specifically instructed by FBI in their movements right now...low profile, no more comments to media, no contributing to the reward fund...it is wrong to judge them on the criteria that LE has set forth. Clearly, if it would make a difference in this investigation, they would have contributed to the fund. But I don't think they'd be shouting that financial contribution from the mountaintops just so we can sleep better at night knowing that they care...

And that is why I never judge children or any family member of wrongdoing who have lost loved ones in this manner especially when it is not based on any facts to even support that speculation to begin with.

I don't try to second guess any decision family members make either nor do I judge them based on what "I' would do because human beings aren't clones of each other and are individuals and do things differently than others.

In an article linked here by another poster in another thread written by a lawyer who has researched many homicides that have had rewards attached and he says often when family members put up high rewards it is to deflect their own guilt in the crimes. And this family has an Estate Attorney who I also have no doubt is guiding in this matter.

I don't have one doubt that this family has been in very close contact with Sills and the FBI. Sills probably calls them to give periodic updates on the investigation without revealing the detailed evidence they have amassed. LE does encourage family members to not talk to the media. So I definitely believe the family knows a whole lot more than the general public does and that is really how it should be until and if the suspect is arrested.

Remember even when Marlene Lamar was doing media interviews at first when Sierra went missing? She said countless times she wasn't going to answer certain questions because she did not want to impede the investigation. She wouldn't even verify that it was Sierra's backpack that had been found even though she knew proof positive it did belong to Sierra.:( All she would tell Nancy is she had one similar to the one NG was showing.

The Dermond children have never been named as even POIs much less suspects. Until and if that time comes .........if ever......I will continue to support them fully just like I have always done all family members who have had to endure this same heartbreak.

IMO

It has been my experience at gambling parties real cash is not used. They use tokens paper monopoly money or something of the sort. jmo

That would still be all in good fun, correct? My dad plays Bingo. He didn't want to at first because of religious beliefs and because the nursing home does give cash prizes he considered that gambling, but I encourage him to play. Anything that stimulates the mind is good, but that's just my opinion. If he felt guilty, I said just give your winnings to the church daddy! He's pretty okay with playing Bingo now. The families hearts must be so heavy. They lose mother and father at the same time right at Mother's Day and then their father's birthday and then Father's Day. Wham! That's like getting hit with a brick. Has to be, but simply :moo:

Going back to the "court order" that Sills mentioned he was obtaining, I'm beginning to question whether it was to obtain a buccal swab from someone.

After some quick research, such a court order (search warrant) could only be issued after a probable cause showing to a judge. If LE thinks they have their guy, but just needs to connect some dots to arrest him, that probably is not enough to obtain a warrant for a swab.

It also does not seem to be the best way to go. It alerts the perp that he is in the crosshairs, and if LE cannot arrest him without his DNA being tied to the crime, he would be free to flee as fast as he could. DNA test results are not instantaneous and flight would be a serious concern.

In Georgia, LE has ten days to execute a search warrant. If that is what the court order Sills spoke of is, he may be waiting to execute at the right time.

JMO

That would still be all in good fun, correct? My dad plays Bingo. He didn't want to at first because of religious beliefs and because the nursing home does give cash prizes he considered that gambling, but I encourage him to play. Anything that stimulates the mind is good, but that's just my opinion. If he felt guilty, I said just give your winnings to the church daddy! He's pretty okay with playing Bingo now. Tomorrow is Father's Day. The families hearts must be so heavy. They lose mother and father at the same time right at Mother's Day and then their father's birthday and then Father's Day. Wham! That's like getting hit with a brick. Has to be, but simply :moo:

Oh yes, lots of fun. I was just commenting on the fact that might not have a lot of cash money on them. And it is a terrible thing to happen at any time, but especially around special days. Very sad. jmo

This is OT but it made me think of it when you posted this.

Last week in a town/county that surrounds ours 4 very influential people were arrested for illegal gambling. One was a retired Judge, one a very high profile business owner, one was a doctor, and the other one was just as successful and all of them are very well known.

When LE burst in to do the bust there was $20,000 cash in the pot laying on the table for one hand of poker.

Now the DA is scrambling trying to find a Judge that can preside over the cases since all the Judges in that town are friends, ex coworkers, with the defendants. lol I imagine they will have to ship in another Judge in a nearby county to preside over the cases.

IMO

Going back to the "court order" that Sills mentioned he was obtaining, I'm beginning to question whether it was to obtain a buccal swab from someone.

After some quick research, such a court order (search warrant) could only be issued after a probable cause showing to a judge. If LE thinks they have their guy, but just needs to connect some dots to arrest him, that probably is not enough to obtain a warrant for a swab.

It also does not seem to be the best way to go. It alerts the perp that he is in the crosshairs, and if LE cannot arrest him without his DNA being tied to the crime, he would be free to flee as fast as he could. DNA test results are not instantaneous and flight would be a serious concern.

In Georgia, LE has ten days to execute a search warrant. If that is what the court order Sills spoke of is, he may be waiting to execute at the right time.

JMO

Another possibility just dawned on me. In Georgia, you must get a court order to swab someone after arrest. Normally, this is to gather further evidence to tie the arrestee to what he was arrested for. If they had someone in custody for something else, and received a tip they were involved in the Dermond crimes, LE would still have to get a swab warrant, but the concern of flight would not be there.

That would still be all in good fun, correct? My dad plays Bingo. He didn't want to at first because of religious beliefs and because the nursing home does give cash prizes he considered that gambling, but I encourage him to play. Anything that stimulates the mind is good, but that's just my opinion. If he felt guilty, I said just give your winnings to the church daddy! He's pretty okay with playing Bingo now. Tomorrow is Father's Day. The families hearts must be so heavy. They lose mother and father at the same time right at Mother's Day and then their father's birthday and then Father's Day. Wham! That's like getting hit with a brick. Has to be, but simply :moo:

Hey Boots do you live in a different country than the US? because Fathers day isn't until the 15th here in the US.

JMO

Could a search warrant be done in the house and something taken with his DNA on it so it would not be as suspicious as a swab? Like a used glass, toothbrush, pen that he signs the search warrant with (if that has to be done), etc? IIRC, anything to be taken must be listed prior to entrance into the house? Or can the SW be non-specific on items to be taken?

This is OT but it made me think of it when you posted this.

Last week in a town/county that surrounds ours 4 very influential people were arrested for illegal gambling. One was a retired Judge, one a very high profile business owner, one was a doctor, and the other one was just as successful and all of them are very well known.

When LE burst in to do the bust there was $20,000 cash in the pot laying on the table for one hand of poker.

Now the DA is scrambling trying to find a Judge that can preside over the cases since all the Judges in that town are friends, ex coworkers, with the defendants. lol I imagine they will have to ship in another Judge in a nearby county to preside over the cases.

IMO

Lots of gambling does go on. At the country club we belonged to in Dallas there were always poker games going on in the men's locker room after a day of golfing. One night 3 masked men broke in. There was over 100.000.00 on the table. They also made the men take off their clothes and line up in front of the lockers. Their jewelry, and wallets were all taken. While they were lined up with facing the lockers gun fire broke out. They all thought they were being shot one by one, but as it turned out the police had arrived on the scene. One robber was shot in the hallway and one on the 18th green. One got away. Very prominent citizens were in on the game, but that night they were just glad they were alive. People in Dallas still talk about it and the games continued to take place. Money, money money. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m00n_g0ddess