GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody think they have the weapon? Would that cause a judge to issue a search warrant for whomever has the weapon?

That's consistent with my reply to you earlier.

You are exactly right my friend.:)

Your very post is what got me to thinking about who would give up evidence in this case and the reasons why they would.

IMO

Does anybody think they have the weapon? Would that cause a judge to issue a search warrant for whomever has the weapon?

I don't think they have the weapon or weapons he used.

They will be looking for any and all weapons consistent to what the investigators believe was used to murder both victims but IMO this is going to be an all out full scale SW of the home and property imo.

IMO

Ok does anyone think this person came forward because they may live with the suspect and feared for their own life? Or they knew what he had done and just couldn't live with themselves and not tell anyone.

He said it was not in connection to the reward.

IMO

I don't think this info came from a person living with the killer. IMO "plausible" would mean a possibility but nothing concrete. Maybe someone had a hunch or a theory (just like some posted here) and called it in.

I don't think they have the weapon or weapons he used.

They will be looking for any and all weapons consistent to what the investigators believe was used to murder both victims but IMO this is going to be an all out full scale SW of the home and property imo.

IMO

Frankly, at this stage they may be honing in on the crime scene itself, not jut a weapon.

OT. Watching Snapped and the trial is Wendy Andriano and Juan Martinez is prosecutor. Ready for Juan to come back. jmo

I don't think this info came from a person living with the killer. IMO "plausible" would mean a possibility but nothing concrete. Maybe someone had a hunch or a theory (just like some posted here) and called it in.

Hi Hickory! Lets hope today is the day we have all been waiting for......

I really don't think so. Judges will not sign off on a SW based on a theory. They are going to have to be convinced that there is probable cause evidence to obtain a SW.

Someone has told Sills something that can be backed up by the evidence they have in their possession.

It is either a family member that may live with the killer or another family member that doesn't or a close friend of the killer.

If this comes to the conclusion they need to solve this case whoever this person is will most likely become the key witness in the case during the trial.

IMO

I really don't think so. Judges will not sign off on a SW based on a theory. If this comes to the conclusion they need to solve this case whoever this person is will most likely become the key witness in the case during the trial.

IMO

Depends on what the tip is. In most trials these days, where there are not eyeball witnesses to the crime, the key witnesses are the criminologists that link the evidence together scientifically.

If the tip is "I found some bloody clothes," or "I found some blood in my basement," or "My favorite carving knife has been missing since May 2," that person would a key witness for the search warrant, but probably not a key witness at trial. The evidence found would be the "key witness."

JMO

Frankly, at this stage they may be honing in on the crime scene itself, not jut a weapon.

Exactly. They are going to be looking for many things when the SW is finally executed. They will be looking to see if this is the original murder scene and any evidence of S&R being in the home. They of course will be looking for any weapon or objects in the home that may be consistent with bludgeoning Shirley to death.

Imo, this home is going to be torn to shreds and turned upside down before this SW is over with. And if he has a boat they will ask for an additional SW that includes being able to impound any boat that is on the property.

IMO

Here's another thought about the tipster. If the tipster was living with the villain, and had an ownership interest in the house, LE would not need a search warrant......the part-owner could consent to a search. The fact they getting a SW tells me that either the tipster does not live where the search would be conducted, or they want to make so sure they do not mess up the evidence gathering that they want the insurance of a SW.

Didn't lakeoconee mention hearing helicopters up in the air last night?

If so I bet LE was scoping out the property even then.

IMO

Here's another thought about the tipster. If the tipster was living with the villain, and had an ownership interest in the house, LE would not need a search warrant......the part-owner could consent to a search. The fact they getting a SW tells me that either the tipster does not live where the search would be conducted, or they want to make so sure they do not mess up the evidence gathering that they want the insurance of a SW.

Possibly however most LE never do permission searches anyway in case they do find vital evidence.

They will do it by the book and get an official SW signed by the Judge so any items of evidence seized will stand up in court.

IMO

Depends on what the tip is. In most trials these days, where there are not eyeball witnesses to the crime, the key witnesses are the criminologists that link the evidence together scientifically.

If the tip is "I found some bloody clothes," or "I found some blood in my basement," or "My favorite carving knife has been missing since May 2," that person would a key witness for the search warrant, but probably not a key witness at trial. The evidence found would be the "key witness."

JMO

I meant they would be the key lay witness and there always seem to be key lay witnesses in a case other than the experts.

Plus the lay witness testimony lays the foundation for other evidence to be entered.

IMO

For certain it is a search warrant?
Could it be a court order for some type of records or something else?

Didn't lakeoconee mention hearing helicopters up in the air last night?

If so I bet LE was scoping out the property even then.

IMO

Yes Ocean.. The post by lakeoconee of the chopper sightings over the lake did raise a red flag or two, imo. I didn't reply but considering the weather alerts & conditions, it did seem a little unusual..

For certain it is a search warrant?
Could it be a court order for some type of records or something else?

Anything is possible I guess but Sills has already had subpoenas served for records even before this.

I don't think he would release this if it just concerning records of some kind.

But who really knows.

Yes Ocean.. The post by lakeoconee of the chopper sightings over the lake did raise a red flag or two, imo. I didn't reply but considering the weather alerts & conditions, it did seem a little unusual..

Oh so they were having bad weather in the area and yet the helicopter was still up flying?

Hmmm thanks.

I meant they would be the key lay witness and there always seem to be key lay witnesses in a case other than the experts.

Plus the lay witness testimony lays the foundation for other evidence to be entered.

IMO

And they are usually the WHY (motive) witnesses and not the HOW (means). Sometime they could also be the Opportunity witnesses ("I noticed his boat was gone when I went to bed Friday night").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8