GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see a picture of the front of the house. Especially the front porch and garage area. Has anyone seen one? tia
I haven't.

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

I haven't.

Seems strange to me that no pictures have showed up of the front. That is where Mr. D. was found, and where the unlocked front door was. Why wouldn't there be pictures of the crime scene--if in fact it was the crime scene. But, they did say he was found in the garage didn't they. jmo

Seems strange to me that no pictures have showed up of the front. That is where Mr. D. was found, and where the unlocked front door was. Why wouldn't there be pictures of the crime scene--if in fact it was the crime scene. But, they did say he was found in the garage didn't they. jmo

Can't see their front door from the street.

Can't see their front door from the street.

Do you have any idea how long their driveway is? The pictures that we have seen of the back, I wonder where they came from? I am wondering if reporters were allowed on the property or were pictures taken from the air. The absence of frontal views is strange to me. Maybe I can find some I have forgotten about. jmo

Do you have any idea how long their driveway is? The pictures that we have seen of the back, I wonder where they came from? I am wondering if reporters were allowed on the property or were pictures taken from the air. The absence of frontal views is strange to me. Maybe I can find some I have forgotten about. jmo

I agree. No real frontal views of the home. Maybe one little teeny tiny glimpse and then I have seen a picture from afar from the road that goes to the Dermonds property with police cars. The pictures from the back of the house could have been taken by press helicopter ?

By the way OceanBlueEyes, from the one good picture I can see of the concrete walk from the back of the house goes all the way to the pier. You step onto the pier and then walk to where you would enter the boat. The pine straw doesn't look disturbed at all. So, it makes sense the perp used the walk to drag or carry Mrs. D to the boat. Good heavens! If he drug her with a tarp no wonder she died of blunt force trauma to the head. Just thinking of her poor head hitting every darn step on the way down to the pier and boat launch.

I just thought is was a tresspassing issue.
We can only get aerial and lake shore shots.

I believe even Google Earth cannot get street view of private communities. They aren't allowed in.
moo

I think they don't want anyone to see the front of the Dermonds' because it was a crime scene. . . and the garage.

I remember seeing one picture of the front of the house, but it did not include the garage. Pretty large front porch by my standards, but nothing compared to the back porches.

I remember seeing one picture of the front of the house, but it did not include the garage. Pretty large front porch by my standards, but nothing compared to the back porches.

Which I see have no furniture or ornamentation on them. Strange if this is a year round residence.

I just thought is was a tresspassing issue.
We can only get aerial and lake shore shots.

I believe even Google Earth cannot get street view of private communities. They aren't allowed in.
moo

I understand what you are saying, but, it was the crime scene and the center of the whole case as far as I am concerned. Would answer some of my questions. jmo

Wondering if Russell still golfed? If he had recently stopped golfing, maybe he had his golf clubs up for sale? Someone from within the community could have come to the door and Russell took them out to the garage to look at the clubs.

Which I see have no furniture or ornamentation on them. Strange if this is a year round residence.

No furniture, but doesn't look like that type of porch. Very formal. Maybe a potted plant or two.

It's not a long driveway from the cul de sac. The house is not perpendicular to the road, its angled to the best lake view. which makes it hard to see much particularly with so much foliage this time of year.

Some of the crime scene vehicle seen in the press photo are parked in the cul de sac, not the driveway

Wondering if Russell still golfed? If he had recently stopped golfing, maybe he had his golf clubs up for sale? Someone from within the community could have come to the door and Russell took them out to the garage to look at the clubs.

Good thinking!

Second attempt to link photos! :gasp: blown margins! I don't know how to fix it? Any guys out there that can resize and repost my above by doing your own cut/paste/upload as I cannot figure out how to do it!

TIA as I think good for the threads, but a mod might totally delete if folks complain about blown margins. I tried :cry: I'm a luddite!

ETA YAH!!!!! My :websleuther: buddy has redone so I'm not blowing margins! See post #873 as TLCYA has resized them so the margins aren't blown :hug: :seeya:
The three photos are 1)overheads shot on the property with property lines also of neighbors 2)the tax assessor floor plans and 3) another overhead showing how forested it is from the road to the house (folks were asking why no photos of the front of the house...can't see unless from street unless you enter public property imho... and media isn't gonna do that IMHO

Layout of the property attached. From Google Earth and the property records.

Attachments

• dermond place.pdf
    5.4 KB · Views: 59
Note the access limitation of #149 next door to the street. How do they access the street from the property? Tax assessor might be a little off as it looks pretty tight for their driveway for sure - looks almost locked in on this view above!

I had read this article before but didn't zero in to these words:

""We discovered some cameras that are pointing out towards the lake…one of them we've already gone through. It had a great picture of their dock, but not the area in question," Sills said."

What area is THE AREA IN QUESTION? Does he mean the pinestraw area, the steps, the sea wall? Maybe the killer didn't go up to the dock!

Here is a little more of the article to put the language in question in proper context:

At least one neighbor's security camera is now in the hands of the FBI.

"We discovered some cameras that are pointing out towards the lake…one of them we've already gone through. It had a great picture of their dock, but not the area in question," Sills said.

Okay, does "their" refer to the Dermonds' dock or to the dock of the neighbor whose camera footage has been reviewed by Sills and turned over to the FBI?

I think it could be read as referring to the neighbor's dock. Then the AREA IN QUESTION would be the Dermond dock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper