GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, Foxfire, another post.

Most of my friends (almost all) who live "inside the gates" didn't even know there were cameras. I keep saying this, but I must be talking to myself. As far as I know, it may not be working right now.

The only device I see is a radar gun that probably doesn't work either. More of a deterrent to keep people from speeding.

Now, of course, work on a transponder system is underway for all entrances.

Thank you! The Ds wouldn't have known. So I am assuming when SS asked RP/ GW for the video he was told "not working" and SS told KD.
That speaks volumes!! Maybe someone disabled the system. And I am surprised it wasn't fixed in 24 to 48 hours...I think if notified, a security alarm company would "escalate"a community outage to priority 1. JMO.

We used to go to a tiny town in Utah and they had a sheriff's car with a dummy inside! It sure slowed down visitors like us!

Okay, Foxfire, another post.

Most of my friends (almost all) who live "inside the gates" didn't even know there were cameras. I keep saying this, but I must be talking to myself. As far as I know, it may not be working right now.

The only device I see is a radar gun that probably doesn't work either. More of a deterrent to keep people from speeding.

Now, of course, work on a transponder system is underway for all entrances.
Right
No, LO, i Hear You, reMember U Saying they never Worked right

Thnx!!!

LOL, read my mind about the post...
lakeoconee, I wouldn't think that a person would need a Phd to conclude that a security gatehouse has security cameras.
What do you & your RP/GW friends think about SS refusing to request the GBI's assistance?

Ummmm, Hidden???? maybe

LOL, read my mind about the post...
lakeoconee, I wouldn't think that a person would need a Phd to conclude that a security gatehouse has security cameras.
What do you & your RP/GW friends think about SS refusing to request the GBI's assistance?

I might have assumed there was some kind of camera, but it was never mentioned, discussed in any communication I ever saw to property owners. I do think it would be a bad idea to publicize the fact that the cameras were down.

May be hard to believe, but most people here are not talking about the murders. That's probably why I am yapping here. Earlier when I heard talk, a few people said they think Sills should accept GBI help. Other people say Sills works in his own way. He is very respected in the area. It is highly likely he would be re-elected whether or not the case is solved.

Foxfire you certainly know a lot about the GBI that I didn't know! Also like that you mentioned the dog reference, I didn't store that little nugget in my memory, mainly because I wasn't going along with the cult connection. Going back to Sills saying this was "personal"...now I think that's why he is keeping it to himself. Whose idea was it to put up the abduction billboards for Mrs. D (family, FBI or SS)? My mind is racing right now. I've got to get more sleep!

Wow.....Personal........Not Dermond Personal ......But SILLS personal!????

Good morning - and happy holiday! Want to say to anyone on here who has served our country, thank you for your courage and bravery. I am truly grateful.
Reading over last night's posts, and it occurred to me that I do find it strange that the cameras were not working that particular weekend at LO (or GW). I hope they are looking into that, when did they stop working, could the Nubes have infiltrated the security there? Who has access to that system? At first, I didn't think anything of that, but I know it would have been at the top of my hitlist of things to take care of if I was head of security there..? On the other hand, if whoever did this lived there and knew the cameras were out, that would be his chance to go there. Somebody talk!!

That Has Been SuggestedEarlier, But LO Says System Never Worked properly

Maybe Easy Targret And unuassuming I they Just Happenvto not Work That weekend huh

I might have assumed there was some kind of camera, but it was never mentioned, discussed in any communication I ever saw to property owners. I do think it would be a bad idea to publicize the fact that the cameras were down.

May be hard to believe, but most people here are not talking about the murders. That's probably why I am yapping here. Earlier when I heard talk, a few people said they think Sills should accept GBI help. Other people say Sills works in his own way. He is very respected in the area. It is highly likely he would be re-elected whether or not the case is solved.

<BBM for Focus>
TY, lakeoconee...

LO, I'm not so sure about the re-election theory.. I witnessed a very similar deja vu situation in north GA a few years back..

http://www.fannincountysheriffsoffice.org/DaneKirby.html

In November 2008, Sheriff Kirby won his bid for election against a 4 term incumbent Sheriff.
Having run on the values of professionalism, leadership, higher standards and accountability, Sheriff Kirby immediately began instilling these values within his office.

Dane Kirby won the 2008 sheriff's election in Fannin County, GA on this platform:

A MESSAGE FROM DANE: As the Sheriff of Fannin County, I will be dedicated to constantly looking for ways to deal with and combat criminal activity in our county. As Sheriff, my main priority will be to create a professional law enforcement organization that protects the citizens and their property.

I will be a Sheriff that leads by example and gets results out of respect. I will be a Sheriff that will stand up for his men and women, and can because I know that they will have the training and integrity to always do the right thing, in any situation.
My door will always be open to all of you. An open line of communication with the citizens is vital for a Sheriff in order to be effective. I will always welcome feedback from the public, good or bad, and use it as a tool for constantly improving your Sheriff’s Office.

Our current Sheriff is not getting the job done. The time of “good ole boy” law enforcement has passed. It is time for professional law enforcement in Fannin County, GA. It is time for new, experienced leadership to make our county a better and safer place to live.

Off Topic...watching the Justin Ross Harris probable cause hearing on 11 alive...also on HLN...the electronic footprint is...damning.

I only hope the Ds electronic footprint has some obscure phone number or email...

<BBM for Focus>
TY, lakeoconee...

LO, I'm not so sure about the re-election theory.. I witnessed a very similar deja vu situation in north GA a few years back..

http://www.fannincountysheriffsoffice.org/DaneKirby.html

In November 2008, Sheriff Kirby won his bid for election against a 4 term incumbent Sheriff.
Having run on the values of professionalism, leadership, higher standards and accountability, Sheriff Kirby immediately began instilling these values within his office.

Dane Kirby won the 2008 sheriff's election in Fannin County, GA on this platform:

A MESSAGE FROM DANE: As the Sheriff of Fannin County, I will be dedicated to constantly looking for ways to deal with and combat criminal activity in our county. As Sheriff, my main priority will be to create a professional law enforcement organization that protects the citizens and their property.

I will be a Sheriff that leads by example and gets results out of respect. I will be a Sheriff that will stand up for his men and women, and can because I know that they will have the training and integrity to always do the right thing, in any situation.
My door will always be open to all of you. An open line of communication with the citizens is vital for a Sheriff in order to be effective. I will always welcome feedback from the public, good or bad, and use it as a tool for constantly improving your Sheriff’s Office.

Our current Sheriff is not getting the job done. The time of “good ole boy” law enforcement has passed. It is time for professional law enforcement in Fannin County, GA. It is time for new, experienced leadership to make our county a better and safer place to live.

Sounds like you are describing Sills vs. his predecessor. Look back to that article in AJC about Sills's background. Reseau sp? was found to be corrupt.
But hey, I don't vote in Putnam Co.

Off Topic...watching the Justin Ross Harris probable cause hearing on 11 alive...also on HLN...the electronic footprint is...damning.

I only hope the Ds electronic footprint has some obscure phone number or email...
We'll never know. There's been nothing but absolute silence. absolute spelled with an: A

East2west, the lack of forensic evidence is an indicator of an organized, experienced, and investigative/forensic aware predator. There are no perfect murders, only imperfect investigations, imo.

East2west, times they are a changin...
Holding back more information than is absolutely necessary by investigators and refusing to utilize all available resources in an investigation can hinder the desired results. It has been my experience that when the antiquated close to the vest silence investigative strategy is utilized. The most valuable investigative resource in missing/murdered persons cases; the American public, is squandered.
More often than not, when this strategy is utilized, the investigations grow cold or take years to solve..

There is a reason that there is a Silent epidemic of missing/murdered persons cold cases in the USA; 100,000+.. Silence only increases innocent victims lives lost and mounting cold cases, imo. Justice delayed is justice denied.

'Awareness is critical to insure public safety and justice for our families, friends, and loved ones'..

TOGETHER... WE ARE CUE (Community United Effort) - YouTube
Thanks for your cogent explanation. Clearly, thinking outside of the box at this point is where we need to be focused, and where most likely we'll end up.

Not sure if this has been posted?

Murder investigators meet
http://www.msgr.com/news/local_news/article_45a543f8-021e-11e4-b745-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm

A few points from the article:

Law enforcement officers from Putnam, Gwinnett and Jones county officers, FBI agents and assistant district attorneys met for more than four hours Tuesday.

Per Sills: The group spent the time &#8220;going back over what we&#8217;ve done so far and what we&#8217;re going to do next.&#8221;

Sills admitted the investigation is &#8220;not making much progress.&#8221;

Phone records which had been sought since May 7 were received on Tuesday through the FBI.

Solitaryone and Treelights

When setting up my profile, this avatar was suggested. I have no idea who it is, but thought it was different. Tyra Banks, Wendy Williams, who knows???

Your avatar is Tyra Banks. She is a Harvard grad, a past Victoria Secret model, has America's Top Model series that has spread to other countries, had a talk show and is very rich!

It took a long time to get the phone records. I wonder how far they went back. . .

This is kind of interesting:

Meth found in Putnam home

"A man and woman were arrested in connection with drugs found at a Putnam home – and another man was picked up while he was in the yard – about 3:15 p.m. June 20."

"Rondal Nathan Sims, 45, was arrested at his home at 146 Dejarnette Road when a “small amount of methamphetamine” and firearms were found, Putnam County Sheriff’s Lt. Harry Luke said in a phone interview Friday."

"A juvenile who worked for Sims’ boat repairing business, and another woman who rode with Smith were there but were not involved, Luke said."

http://www.msgr.com/news/crime/article_32740d38-0218-11e4-af26-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm

"Luke said a search warrant was obtained on the residence as part of an ongoing investigation; he said investigator Darrell Turk also worked on the case."

Yep, that's mighty interesting to me.

Well, here we are tomorrow being 4th of July, and still we wait. I hope the meeting Sheriff Sills and other LE had will produce something that leads them in the right direction.

Happy 4th of July to everyone! Have fun and stay safe!

We can't sleuth the family. To look into that angle I think we would have to know more about the daughter and what type of horses they were into. We only know what the bridge club ladies said regarding Shirley and her daughter and the horses.

Well lets just hope the investigators have looked into that that angle.
I feel for the Dermond family, all of them.

Bootsctr, that's very interesting. That goes with my first theory of someone who thought they had money and/or guns. Things just went badly. I don't care who is right or wrong, just want someone caught. Hard to enjoy my time when I think about them so often. If they were related to me, I'd be jumping and screaming...why aren't we seeing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214