GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
53b44cf6e7f72.preview-300.jpg

John David Smith - http://www.msgr.com/news/crime/article_32740d38-0218-11e4-af26-001a4bcf887a.html?TNNoMobile

?

Are you in Putnam County?
You certainly are social media savvy.
Maybe you could volunteer your time and help them get something started?
Im sure their budget is tight and they cant afford to have someone playing on the internet all day.[/QUOTE]

No, but I've hunted in Putnam County and am very familiar with the area and the culture.

Well, Advocate1, facebook is free...The American public is a very valuable investigative resource, and we are in the 21st century; the communications era.
I do volunteer my time, Advocate1, I am a member of CUE, attend the annual missing/murdered persons national conventions, and do independent searches as well as researching investigations..

Advocate1, the PCSO can't afford not to have someone playing on the internet all day, imo.. Awareness is the key in missing/murdered persons investigations..

CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube

So whats your solution?
You post constantly how you want SS to bring more people on board and now you post that all the agencies could be corrupted.
I don't understand if your actually trying to help or hurt the situation half the time.

Advocate1, I am very passionate about missing/murdered persons/victims. I put the heat on the heat to insure that they are the best that they can be. I realize that it seems that I am very critical, and some perceive me as being anti law enforcement. But I truly am not. I will be the first to salute them when they accomplish what they are sworn to do; provide public safety and justice for their citizens..

I posted that the Sheriffs Departments that SS is utilizing could also be infiltrated.. Advocate1, trust me, I know how the sheriff's departments in GA operate. My only concern is the victims and the public's safety... I spent 25 years in public safety..
Advocate1, the solution is to utilize all available investigative resources...the GBI and the American Public via social media....

"Without Public Safety for our Families, Friends, and Loved ones, we have absolutely Nothing"...

Not sure if this has been posted?

Murder investigators meet
http://www.msgr.com/news/local_news/article_45a543f8-021e-11e4-b745-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm

A few points from the article:

Law enforcement officers from Putnam, Gwinnett and Jones county officers, FBI agents and assistant district attorneys met for more than four hours Tuesday.

Per Sills: The group spent the time “going back over what we’ve done so far and what we’re going to do next.”

Sills admitted the investigation is “not making much progress.”

Phone records which had been sought since May 7 were received on Tuesday through the FBI.

Hmmm, no good leads from that then, it appears ! God, so awful, IS there ANYTHING???!!

I need to look at the map of Rock Hawk again. Just wondering why Greene county isn't involved? I know that is probably a dumb question to all of you that are local.

http://www.msgr.com/news/local_news...11e4-b745-001a4bcf887a.html#facebook-comments

No, not dumb, I think though I recall that in the early stages of the investigation, greene turned it over to Putnam (in regards ot SD body lbeing found there in the lake in oconnee in greene co location)

Could that be why??

[/B]

Hmmm, no good leads from that then, it appears ! God, so awful, IS there ANYTHING???!!

A well planned mission would have likely utilized non-traceable drop phones and/or would have likely gone dark, as did hybrid Emulator serial killer Israel Keyes. Serial Killer Israel Keyes would go dark(no cell phone/cash) and fly hundreds or thousands of miles, rent a car and then drive hundreds of miles, and retrieve kill kits that he had hidden years before. The kill kits contained cash from prior bank robberies/firearm/silencer, drano, rope, zip ties, etc. IK would then stalk victims/complete strangers; the most difficult cases for investigators to solve.

The FBI BAU2 VICAP didn't have a clue that Israel Keyes was active for over 15 years. He was very organized and disciplined stealth predator and strictly adhered to his rules of prey..until the abduction of coffee barista Samantha Koenig(AK-2012)..
______

FBI Requests the Public's Assistance in Case of Serial Killer Israel Keyes...
www.fbi.gov › ... › Press Releases › 2013
Federal Bureau of Investigation
http://www.fbi.gov/portland/press-r...istance-in-case-of-serial-killer-israel-keyes
Aug 13, 2013 - FBI Requests the Public's Assistance in Case of Serial Killer Israel Keyes ...

Im sure their budget is tight and they cant afford to have someone playing on the internet all day.

facebook at least costs nothing

So whats your solution?
You post constantly how you want SS to bring more people on board and now you post that all the agencies could be corrupted.
I don't understand if your actually trying to help or hurt the situation half the time.

He's not involved, just stating facts and ideas IMO, Sills clearly does what HE WANTS OR WHAT HE THINKS HE NEEDS

Well, here we are tomorrow being 4th of July, and still we wait. I hope the meeting Sheriff Sills and other LE had will produce something that leads them in the right direction.

Happy 4th of July to everyone! Have fun and stay safe!

It took6 months in houston county to find gang emembers from ATL in regards to a robbery or murder at the Booth Rd gas station incident, someone posted it recentley , their was video surveillance

SS, putnam county, HAS NOTHING in this case

No doubt the investigators are upset that this hasn't been solved yet, and that a perp or more is on the loose. Yes we know there are perps everywhere, and we don't know who they are, and/or when they'll strike, or what their thoughts are.

If this had been a random act, looks like there would be more evidence left behind. We shed hair all the time. In a confrontation, how likely that some hair would be pulled, or if some strands were on a person's shoulders that they didn't fall off?? Maybe they do have some type of DNA, but have no one to link it to. There are cases that have taken years, even decades to solve, even with DNA. Just watched a case on ID channel the other day about that. Heck, even with photos, some cases haven't been solved. Some have video of the perp or suspect that haven't been solved. Yet it would seem that someone would notice their relative or friend in a photo or video. I don't know why they've not been identified.

Another holiday that this family is enduring without their parents, grandparents, aunt, uncle, etc., and no answer to why! I just can't imagine that grief. This past year have been first holidays without my Grandma. I wasn't really close to her, but it's still noted she's not here. My daughter graduated highschool...first graduation Grandma wasn't there for. It's different, and noted, but hasn't been the focus, if that makes sense. I know where my Grandma is. I know where she died, and I know why. I've watched the grief my Mom has dealt with this year, and so many firsts that she's had a hard time with. This month was the first anniversary of her death. Mom is still grieving. I can't imagine the turmoil these families go through that don't have answers. It must be the closest thing to a living hell, IMO!

A well planned mission would have likely utilized non-traceable drop phones and/or would have likely gone dark, as did hybrid Emulator serial killer Israel Keyes. Serial Killer Israel Keyes would go dark(no cell phone/cash) and fly hundreds or thousands of miles, rent a car and then drive hundreds of miles, and retrieve kill kits that he had hidden years before. The kill kits contained cash from prior bank robberies/firearm/silencer, drano, rope, zip ties, etc. IK would then stalk victims/complete strangers; the most difficult cases for investigators to solve.

The FBI BAU2 VICAP didn't have a clue that Israel Keyes was active for over 15 years. He was very organized and disciplined stealth predator and strictly adhered to his rules of prey..until the abduction of coffee barista Samantha Koenig(AK-2012)..
______

FBI Requests the Public's Assistance in Case of Serial Killer Israel Keyes...
www.fbi.gov › ... › Press Releases › 2013
Federal Bureau of Investigation
http://www.fbi.gov/portland/press-r...istance-in-case-of-serial-killer-israel-keyes
Aug 13, 2013 - FBI Requests the Public's Assistance in Case of Serial Killer Israel Keyes ...

DAMN, that s DEEP, and now, deep into 2 months, patience is in order if it's like that case! !!! I hope not !!

No doubt the investigators are upset that this hasn't been solved yet, and that a perp or more is on the loose. Yes we know there are perps everywhere, and we don't know who they are, and/or when they'll strike, or what their thoughts are.

If this had been a random act, looks like there would be more evidence left behind. We shed hair all the time. In a confrontation, how likely that some hair would be pulled, or if some strands were on a person's shoulders that they didn't fall off?? Maybe they do have some type of DNA, but have no one to link it to. There are cases that have taken years, even decades to solve, even with DNA.

Just watched a case on ID channel the other day about that. Heck, even with photos, some cases haven't been solved. Some have video of the perp or suspect that haven't been solved. Yet it would seem that someone would notice their relative or friend in a photo or video. I don't know why they've not been identified.

Another holiday that this family is enduring without their parents, grandparents, aunt, uncle, etc., and no answer to why! I just can't imagine that grief. This past year have been first holidays without my Grandma. I wasn't really close to her, but it's still noted she's not here.
My daughter graduated highschool...first graduation Grandma wasn't there for. It's different, and noted, but hasn't been the focus, if that makes sense. I know where my Grandma is. I know where she died, and I know why. I've watched the grief my Mom has dealt with this year, and so many firsts that she's had a hard time with. This month was the first anniversary of her death. Mom is still grieving. I can't imagine the turmoil these families go through that don't have answers. It must be the closest thing to a living hell, IMO!

Very sorry about your grandmother, 2hope4. Guess the only thing we have to cling on too is our memories. There is a reason for the seasons..

In the missing/murdered persons family, there is a saying; the new life's normal.. This means that the families of the missing/murdered persons are involuntarily inducted into a fraternity, and their lives will never be the same as it was the day before their loved one became missing, or was murdered.
The missing are actually the worse because the grieving process cannot begin until they are located; the not knowing is the worst according to them...

At my first CUE missing/murdered person conference, I learned to never, ever mention the word closure around the family member of a M/M victim, again.

Im sure their budget is tight and they cant afford to have someone playing on the internet all day.[/QUOTE]

No, but I've hunted in Putnam County and am very familiar with the area and the culture.

Well, Advocate1, facebook is free...The American public is a very valuable investigative resource, and we are in the 21st century; the communications era.
I do volunteer my time, Advocate1, I am a member of CUE, attend the annual missing/murdered persons national conventions, and do independent searches as well as researching investigations..

Advocate1, the PCSO can't afford not to have someone playing on the internet all day, imo.. Awareness is the key in missing/murdered persons investigations..

CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube

I keep saying ":small town mentality"

So whats your solution?

I have never doubted that Fox is one to give time to help others and is a TRUE ADVOCATE.

Yup, we're very frustrated, I can only imagine how frustrated Sheriff Sills is. You are so right, no one gets away with anything in the long run.

Some days it just really feels like the bad guys always get away with it.
Today is one of those days for me.

Today is the 4th of July; Independence Day; America's Birthday... Happy 4th!!!

It saddens me that Russell Dermond put his life on the line to defend freedom and this great country in WW II, while Shirley Dermond supported him with many sleepless nights while holding down the fort until his safe return.. to have their golden years tragically end..

For the Dermond Family , friends, and loves ones;
Stay Strong by Heather Cohen...
https://soundcloud.com/musictykoon/stay-strong

The Prayer of St Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Obituary shares glimpse into life of Russell Dermond
www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/.../05/...russell-dermond/9171013/
May 16, 2014 - Russell Dermond was a WWII veteran, father of three, and grandfather of nine.

lakeoconee, Sheriff Sills re-election is dependent upon solving the Dermond murders, imo. I truly hope he does, but this is only due to his refusal to request the GBI's assistance.
The only other option for the GBI to become involved in the Dermond investigation is that the governor of GA; Gov. Nathan Deal, to step in and order SS to utilize their resources. Imo, the Dermond family and the citizens of RP/GW should demand for Governor Deal to step in.. JMO

the former four term incumbent Sheriff was voted out of office because serial killer Gary M. Hilton; the Forest Killer, utilized Fannin County(Coopers Creek WMA), GA as one of his safe havens for years to continue his trail of terror. GMH was oblivious to the former 4 term incumbent Sheriff.. GMH was apprehended 01/04/2008.. Fannin County was GMH's destination when he abducted Meredith Hope Emerson on 01/01/2008 from Blood Mountain/Union County. He detoured south to Dawson County due to blizzard conditions in the higher elevations of Suches/Fannin County, GA.

Supplies found in Georgia belonged to murderer(serial killer)
http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20090917/SERVICES03/909171030

The U.S. Forest Service has identified a cache of supplies at a concealed campsite in (Coopers Creek WMA/White Horse Trail)Fannin County, Ga., as belonging to convicted murderer Gary Michael Hilton.

First Foxfire I want to apologize for the way I responded to some of your posts earlier. I do believe you are a very persistent and diligent advocate for victims of violent crimes.

In response to this post I have a question. Do you really feel that Sheriff Sills is allowing his ego to interfere with this investigation? I believe you may have previously stated as much? I admire your opinion as to GBI being the "best of the best" but I do not share that opinion. I do not believe this is a simple double homicide. I believe Sheriff Sills wants this case solved more then anything and he wants to personal flip the switch and watch those involved fry. Why wouldn't he want GBI heavily involved unless he had reason to feel that would not be in the best interest of THIS case?

You just don't know, Advocate1... Nepotism, corruption, intimidation, etc; the good ole boy network at its best...

If you should get arrested, the Sheriff's deputy that arrests you will be the BIL of the wrecker driver, who will be the cousin of the bondsman, who will be the son of the magistrate, the defense Attorney will be the husband of the Judge, the court reporter will be one of the afore mentioned's daughter..etc..
You think I'm kidding.:floorlaugh: If it wasn't so true and tragically serious, it would be humorous...

The farther you get from Atlanta, the less Constitutional rights you are entitled too..unless you are related.. JMO

I may not know about Georgia but believe me Foxfire I know exactly what your talking about. I know, I know, I know.

Thank you, Foxfire, for your unique insight into this case. Your postings are truly heartfelt!

Bootsctr--- as for your new friends, the link wouldn't let me read about them. Must I subscribe to the Eatonton newspaper?

Happyshoes and Zuri---should I change my screen name to Tyra? :great:

Happy 4th of July to my WS family. Enjoy yourselves and stay safe. May the new week bring everyone some answers in this case, but mostly justice for Russell and Shirley Dermond...:twocents:

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member