GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advocate1, I am very passionate about missing/murdered persons/victims. I put the heat on the heat to insure that they are the best that they can be. I realize that it seems that I am very critical, and some perceive me as being anti law enforcement. But I truly am not. I will be the first to salute them when they accomplish what they are sworn to do; provide public safety and justice for their citizens..

I posted that the Sheriffs Departments that SS is utilizing could also be infiltrated.. Advocate1, trust me, I know how the sheriff's departments in GA operate. My only concern is the victims and the public's safety... I spent 25 years in public safety..
Advocate1, the solution is to utilize all available investigative resources...the GBI and the American Public via social media....

"Without Public Safety for our Families, Friends, and Loved ones, we have absolutely Nothing"...

Fair enough

WOW, sorry, can';t stay away!

Yes, a friend of ours, works the video at her church

Hmm, very interesting!!!

What did I miss? The Dermond's opened a door to what woman? when?

BBM - Someone suggests that the LE should have an internet presence to help with cases, and this BRBM is a comment of playing.....

:thud:

Ok maybe playing wasnt the right word but there is quite a difference between investigating and keeping the public informed via social media.
Im not saying Im against it, hell Im all for it! I agree awareness and knowledge is the key. Im just saying its likely a budget problem in a small town. Thats why I suggested volunteering. I was serious about that and have no doubt Foxfire could get the job done!

I have never doubted that Fox is one to give time to help others and is a TRUE ADVOCATE.

I believe he is also but that doesn't mean sometimes his post don't confuse the hell out of me. I get it now though. He just likes to hold LE's feet to the fire and Im good with that.

First Foxfire I want to apologize for the way I responded to some of your posts earlier. I do believe you are a very persistent and diligent advocate for victims of violent crimes.

In response to this post I have a question. Do you really feel that Sheriff Sills is allowing his ego to interfere with this investigation? I believe you may have previously stated as much? I admire your opinion as to GBI being the "best of the best" but I do not share that opinion. I do not believe this is a simple double homicide. I believe Sheriff Sills wants this case solved more then anything and he wants to personal flip the switch and watch those involved fry. Why wouldn't he want GBI heavily involved unless he had reason to feel that would not be in the best interest of THIS case?

Thank you for the kind words, Advocate1.. Yes, there is no other explanation except ego.. This is why many predators are enabled to continue their trails of terror for years or decades. Sheriffs, especially in the south are very protective of their jurisdictions and authority. Sheriff Sills, stated in one of his presentations that he feels that the position of sheriff will eventually become extinct, as did the dinosaurs. Sheriff Sills; a paleontology enthusiast feels that he is the T rex of Putnam County(his words not mine).

Adam Walsh Case Closed - YouTube
The primary reason that most predator & serial killer cases grow cold is perceived hypothesis and linkage blindness. This is the lack of communications between police jurisdictions.. The Adam Walsh case went cold for over two decades due to perceived hypothesis and a less than professional investigation. Dr. Steven A. Egger is a criminal justice expert. He coined the terms “less-dead” and “linkage blindness” back in the 1970s..

'An example of linkage blindness' -
Shattered - The Seven Year Search For Billy Smolinski Jr.
http://www.waterburyobserver.org/node/402

Picture the murder of Billy Smolinski as a crystal vase. Hold it in your hands. Spin it around. Now drop it on the kitchen floor and watch it shatter into a thousand pieces. Each shard of glass represents a clue into who killed Billy on August 24th, 2004. When patched together the vase reveals the gruesome truth of who murdered Billy, and why. The vase points to the spot Billy is buried in the Naugatuck Valley.

In the best of circumstances it would take a master craftsman to cobble that broken vase back together, but what if the glass is left on the floor for weeks, for months, for seven years? Glass gets kicked around into the living room, the dining room and gets jammed into the rubber soles of your shoes and is transported into the yard, into town, and across state borders. You send investigators into each room to collect glass, but shockingly they refuse to share what they gather with the other investigators. With ego and selfishness erupting all around you, what are the chances of ever getting that vase glued back together?

Welcome to the real-life investigation into the murder of Billy Smolinski Jr..

Ok maybe playing wasnt the right word but there is quite a difference between investigating and keeping the public informed via social media.
Im not saying Im against it, hell Im all for it! I agree awareness and knowledge is the key. Im just saying its likely a budget problem in a small town. Thats why I suggested volunteering. I was serious about that and have no doubt Foxfire could get the job done!

Advocate1, that is why it is imperative that SS invite the GBI to assist in the Dermond murder investigation. These investigations can deplete the budgets of rural counties. The GBI, although they have budget restraints, do have flexibility when high profile cases are involved. They can request additional funds.. Perp walks are free, and that's what I want to see...

For instance, due to the extraordinary expense of the SK Gary Hilton investigation & prosecution in Leon County County, FL.. The FL legislature reimbursed the LCSO and FDLE for their additional expense.

2008 Annual Report - Florida Department of Law Enforcement
https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/.../20...
Florida Department of Law Enforcement
criminal investigations which helped to ensure the safety and security of .... The Council provided reimbursement funding to the Leon County Sheriff's Office

First Foxfire I want to apologize for the way I responded to some of your posts earlier. I do believe you are a very persistent and diligent advocate for victims of violent crimes.

In response to this post I have a question. Do you really feel that Sheriff Sills is allowing his ego to interfere with this investigation? I believe you may have previously stated as much? I admire your opinion as to GBI being the "best of the best" but I do not share that opinion. I do not believe this is a simple double homicide. I believe Sheriff Sills wants this case solved more then anything and he wants to personal flip the switch and watch those involved fry. Why wouldn't he want GBI heavily involved unless he had reason to feel that would not be in the best interest of THIS case?

I share your opinion of Sheriff Sills. I think like he said, he takes his job of Sheriff personally, and i think he'll do all he can to solve this case. I don't think he's letting ego get in the way. I trust his judgment on how he decides to handle this case. We here may hold to differing theories, but that's a good thing I think. Some here may think NC is involved, I don't happen to share that theory, but I'm glad posters here are dedicated to keeping this thread alive, and it makes for interesting conversations by all no matter if we don't all share the same opinions. Sorry you're having a bad day. It does get frustrating here on WS at times! I hope you post your theories, and keep doing so!

Thank you, Foxfire, for your unique insight into this case. Your postings are truly heartfelt!

Bootsctr--- as for your new friends, the link wouldn't let me read about them. Must I subscribe to the Eatonton newspaper?
Happyshoes and Zuri---should I change my screen name to Tyra? :great:

Happy 4th of July to my WS family. Enjoy yourselves and stay safe. May the new week bring everyone some answers in this case, but mostly justice for Russell and Shirley Dermond...:twocents:

IMHO

Happy 4th of July wildebeest and all websleuthers whereever you may be!

WB - I'll try to post a link in a bit that may let you in w/o subscribing if you wish. It's 99 cents for one day subscription, but you have to enter CC info. Websleuths is going to be down a couple of hours this morning.

I love your name wildebeest, but that just my personal opinion. Tyra is lovely too.

Everyone stay safe on the East Coast and from Arthur!

BBL!

Some days it just really feels like the bad guys always get away with it.
Today is one of those days for me.

I have a lot of those days too Advocate1! I feel privileged that we have Websleuths so we can all vent those frustrations and we all understand. :gathering: :grouphug:

<modsnip>

:happy4th: :fireworks2: :fireworks:

Im afraid so my friend, SMDH

I don't think so , LE did a fine job in the LG case and others! Finding a body 4 days after a death crime, doesn't help anyone. If there is no evidence left behind and no witnesses and a neighbor can't even tell if the "caller" on saturday had on red white or purple, long hair or short hair or color

Wellll, where do we go now, that's not an F, it may be an A for the criminals tho

You just don't know, Advocate1... Nepotism, corruption, intimidation, etc; the good ole boy network at its best...

If you should get arrested, the Sheriff's deputy that arrests you will be the BIL of the wrecker driver, who will be the cousin of the bondsman, who will be the son of the magistrate, the defense Attorney will be the husband of the Judge, the court reporter will be one of the afore mentioned's daughter..etc..
You think I'm kidding.:floorlaugh: If it wasn't so true and tragically serious, it would be humorous...

The farther you get from Atlanta, the less Constitutional rights you are entitled too..unless you are related.. JMO

We can't help it. In these low pop rural counties, everybody is related to everybody, in many cases, more than one way. There is no way to avoid having relatives working together unless we hire outside people. And nobody wants to come here to work and make less than they would make where they came from. Our sheriff deputies make less than city cops in a neighboring county. I make less as a Dept head than the lowest paid clerk in a neighboring county. We work in our county because we care about it.

Good Morning all!
My first post on the new system of WS. :)
Happy 4th everybody!!

Happy 4th of July! Hope you all have a great day! :dance:

The forum looks so different, I don't like it. I liked it the other way. :notgood:

We can't help it. In these low pop rural counties, everybody is related to everybody, in many cases, more than one way. There is no way to avoid having relatives working together unless we hire outside people. And nobody wants to come here to work and make less than they would make where they came from. Our sheriff deputies make less than city cops in a neighboring county. I make less as a Dept head than the lowest paid clerk in a neighboring county. We work in our county because we care about it.

I don't know why Foxfire believes the rural areas are more likely to be corrupt or practice more nepotism that the city. Just look at DeKalb County commissioners.

Thanx for what you do, DAMIFINO... I am sure that you are a very competent employee.. I am also sure there are many unrelated and qualified folks that live in your county that would gladly join your Sheriff's Department, given the opportunity..jmo

I don't know why Foxfire believes the rural areas are more likely to be corrupt or practice more nepotism that the city. Just look at DeKalb County commissioners.

Jmo, lakeoconee, from years of research, observation, and personal interactions with various rural Sheriff's departments in north GA. Not sure I understand what Dekalb County commissioners have to do with nepotism, but agree on the corruption. Attended college in Dekalb county in the 1970s. Dekalb had the 3rd highest median income in the nation back then, and was very safe at that time.. Times they are a changin...

Send 'um on down. i think our deputies make about $12.00 an hour.

are you serious??

Sorry, didn't mean to get so far off topic. I will reply and we can move on.
Yes, I am serious. The county office workers got a raise in the past year when one of county commissioners found out the county employees were having to apply for food stamps and help with heating. The deputies make a little more for being willing to risk their lives every day. Again, let me say that I am NOT talking about Putnam Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003