GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No updates on the Dermond's murder investigation by the Eatonton Messenger News, or any other MSM outlets today.. Very Frustrating... They simply want this to go away, imo...
I don't think tomorrow's edition for the EM is online yet? Still hoping for an update.

I'm on the Sinclair side, Holidays seemed busy but not as busy as usual IMO, HOWEVER< I've had projects going on at home that have kept me from the lake, another HOWEVER< I WILL NOT GO ALONE anymore, I feel this has kept the family away as we used to go NO LESS than twice a month during the whole year, minus really cold months and I am usually the one who initiates the lake visits

BUt since this murder, and I'm not even that close to GW (20min) but close enough for DIScomfort and our street is very quiet, I feel I know that there will be another strike, others may not be reading WS and think it only happens to "other " people, you know the old adage.............

SO wondering how many think like I do and how many do not................CP thinks like me ! lol.

I am not sure that I am aware of the HH mentioned, surprised ANY HH could close

but I'm curious too, was either of the HH the one that was mentioned in the media reports ?

CP answered this, I was catching up and hadn't read her HH message yet .

THANKS

I'm on the Sinclair side, Holidays seemed busy but not as busy as usual IMO, HOWEVER< I've had projects going on at home that have kept me from the lake, another HOWEVER< I WILL NOT GO ALONE anymore, I feel this has kept the family away as we used to go NO LESS than twice a month during the whole year, minus really cold months and I am usually the one who initiates the lake visits

BUt since this murder, and I'm not even that close to GW (20min) but close enough for DIScomfort and our street is very quiet, I feel I know that there will be another strike, others may not be reading WS and think it only happens to "other " people, you know the old adage.............

SO wondering how many think like I do and how many do not................CP thinks like me ! lol.

I am not sure that I am aware of the HH mentioned, surprised ANY HH could close

but I'm curious too, was either of the HH the one that was mentioned in the media reports ?

The NC is not intended to be worldwide if responsible for the Dermonds death, it would be meant to destroy putnam county ga, who destroyed them. or tried, confiscated a million dollars or more in property, used the funds for Putnam Co LE, FBI and IRS got a smaller portion,

tho the NC are still very active, their god is in jail

Exactly! And I think nothing would make them happier and "their god" would be to bring pain and civil unrest once again to SS and Putnam County... and SS did a pretty good number on them. Perhaps they are just now able to reorganize and put their attacks into action.

RIght ! Can you just imagine him stewing, sitting in prison, his world crumbled.

BTK was the last murder case i re familiarized my self with and it was just by accident, recently got netflix lol, but 30 years he committed these crimes, well a 25 year GAP, so to me, hell anything is possible, you dont' know what someone else feels because we might not feel it or see it that way. Good grief, BTK preyed and stalked years before his attacks in some cases.
Exactly! And I think nothing would make them happier and "their god" would be to bring pain and civil unrest once again to SS and Putnam County... and SS did a pretty good number on them. Perhaps they are just now able to reorganize and put their attacks into action.

I will add, memorial day weekend I got a concussion on the boat, lol, not really, but the waterways were so busy and on the boat I felt like a mexican jumping bean, lol, I'm surprised there weren't crashes, could have been a good bumper car session, errr, bumper boat, that was closer to the dam that was teh busiest however and that was RIGHT after the murders

From relatives in the RP area, most feel the Dermonds were the sole target and no one else is at risk. Also, said the killer(s) left the area long ago so life goes on for the living...

Are either of these closed restaurants the Huddle House that someone went in asking to see their surveillance video?

Huddle House in Greene County -- different than the one in Eatonton/Putnam, or Madison/Morgan County, for that matter. CP's got it right.

Talk around other restaurants in the lake area (where business has picked up, they say, in the wake of HH closing) is that the HH in Putnam struggled with air conditioning breakdowns, an absentee owner, and other issues.

Asked a question on The Eatonton Messenger News Facebook;

Why is there no News Updates in the Shirley & Russel Dermond murders?

https://www.facebook.com/EatontonMessenger?hc_location=timeline

> While the investigation continues, Sheriff Sills had no comment on the ongoing work this week. We talk with him regularly -- when there's news to report, we'll be sure to report it! If you have news you'd like to share, we'd love to have it. Email editor@msgr.com.

WHo will the perps target next if any? Another elderly couple and or someone who is permanent on the lake, isolated?

Canaille -- Thought that was the Waffle House in Greensboro, not a HH.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/printthread.php?t=245213&pp=25&page=1 - 05/28/2014
Originally posted by Bootsctr
Quote:
Sills would not discuss details other than to say officers continued to pursue multiple leads in the case.

He emphasized the investigation continues to follow established patterns &#8211; interviewing property owners, service workers, checking surveillance tapes, chasing down phone or email messages about the case.

One tip being pursued Friday morning involved a man who reportedly went to the Huddle House in Greene County and said he needed to see surveillance tapes from the business.
Sills instructed detectives to check that, and if it were someone not an officer, to turn it over to Greene County Sheriff&#8217;s Office for an arrest.

&#8216;Progress&#8217; in case, but officers still pursuing multiple avenues
Ron Bridgeman ron@msgr.com | Posted 2 months ago
http://www.msgr.com/news_breaking_e...340-e2ab-11e3-a4a3-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=jqm

There is still a lot of interest in the Dermond murders for there to be so little ms media coverage. This thread is still getting over a thousand views per day and the majority are guest viewers. Imo, this would indicate that many Putnam County/Lake Oconee citizens remain concerned for their family's safety...jmo

Replies: 839 - Views: 34,033 Thread start date - 06-24-2014, 04:25 PM 1475 views per day
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ssell-Dermond-88-Putnam-County-2-4-May-2014-8

Asked a question on The Eatonton Messenger News Facebook;

Why is there no News Updates in the Shirley & Russel Dermond murders?

https://www.facebook.com/EatontonMessenger?hc_location=timeline

> While the investigation continues, Sheriff Sills had no comment on the ongoing work this week. We talk with him regularly -- when there's news to report, we'll be sure to report it! If you have news you'd like to share, we'd love to have it. Email editor@msgr.com.

Thank you for getting this update, Foxfire.
No comment from Sills just makes me more curious. Hmmm.

Well that is interesting. That was what I thought at the very beginning and SS said they were not into anything to cause this, etc etc.

How would one know or why would one think this? Maybe SS statment of very personal and them possibly knowing their attackers?

SS also said to lock your doors, and people are stating they are buying guns now or dusting theirs off

From relatives in the RP area, most feel the Dermonds were the sole target and no one else is at risk. Also, said the killer(s) left the area long ago so life goes on for the living...

I think locking doors is always a good idea. I have a relative who lives in the area, and she said most people aren't worried about a serial killer or another attack because they think it was personal. Evidently, there is still talk among the residents , but primarily because they want justice for the Dermonds and not because of fear.

Greetings sleuthers, and special thanks to Foxfire for all his info/input. I haven't had anything to add to this sad story but am still hopeful every day that SS has something to go on. The recent case about a kidnapping has been bothering me (the one in SC two hours from Eatonton). I can almost understand how someone went off on Mr. D, but WHY take Mrs. D to the lake? If she was struck at the house, why take her body? I have a hard time thinking someone planned this in such a particular way ("I'm going to do this to this person, and this to the other..?") I know it threw the investigation off course, but was that the original plan? Totally frustrating!

:notgood: Still no arrests, no POI, nothing from Sills. :notgood:

To clarify: I only meant the case in SC bothered me from the kidnapping point of view. Before they found Mrs. D, I think this was expected to be a ransom demand situation. If it's not cult, or some meth head, the only thing I can go back to is $$. And even with that in mind, why would a hit person do this bizarre act to each of their bodies? I do remember SS saying they were targeted "for a reason". If it's not love, jealousy, or revenge....what is left? I am praying the phone records lead somewhere but if this was planned so well, the phones would be the last thing used by someone these days. My gut still says it was a meth head who thought they had money or a safe. So much fits when you think of what that NC cult is capable of, still I have reservations about them targeting this particular family. I can't imagine how burnt out the detectives are at this point, my brain hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste