GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone has an idea about the message and why. No one would go to such extreme as the Dermond murders without knowing that the message was sent and received. If I were that person, I'd keep quiet as a church mouse.

Maybe that is where the head is... Whether the person that the message was to would talk may depend on how illegal what they did to begin with was. I can't imagine that message being for something that was legal.

Maybe that is where the head is... Whether the person that the message was to would talk may depend on how illegal what they did to begin with was. I can't imagine that message being for something that was legal.

Oh, and how and what they are more afraid of...going to jail for what they did or the killers.

For me, the decapitation and missing head stand out as particularly disturbing. Perhaps it was intended to serve as a red herring and misdirect attention (from what?), or as gruesome as it is, a bounty of some sort. Kind of along the same lines I can't help but recall an Arthur Conan Doyle short story entitled, "The Resident Patient", where a gang of thieves rob a bank, shoot a guard and get caught. One of them, Blessington, gives evidence to the Crown for a reduced sentence and after his release tries frantically to remain anonymous. Alas, Blessington is hunted down several years later by those who remained behind in prison and vowed vengeance against him upon release. The execution of Blessington was preceeded by a mini trial, if you will, with fellow bank robbers serving as judge and jury. He was hung from a ceiling fixture. Why all this? Well, one can surely imagine a party to the Dermond murders as someone who served in prison and had a lot of time to plan the perfect murder. This presupposes some relationship between one of the murderers and one or more of the Dermonds, directly or indirectly. Who knows? As for the execution, well………………..

For me, the decapitation and missing head stand out as particularly disturbing. Perhaps it was intended to serve as a red herring and misdirect attention (from what?), or as gruesome as it is, a bounty of some sort. Kind of along the same lines I can't help but recall an Arthur Conan Doyle short story entitled, "The Resident Patient", where a gang of thieves rob a bank, shoot a guard and get caught. One of them, Blessington, gives evidence to the Crown for a reduced sentence and after his release tries frantically to remain anonymous. Alas, Blessington is hunted down several years later by those who remained behind in prison and vowed vengeance against him upon release. The execution of Blessington was preceeded by a mini trial, if you will, with fellow bank robbers serving as judge and jury. He was hung from a ceiling fixture. Why all this? Well, one can surely imagine a party to the Dermond murders as someone who served in prison and had a lot of time to plan the perfect murder. This presupposes some relationship between one of the murderers and one or more of the Dermonds, directly or indirectly. Who knows? As for the execution, well………………..

Or could the head be proof that the job was done?

But what about the Mrs.?
Maybe they didn't need "proof" that she was deceased? Maybe they knew already that she was dead.
If there were 2 or more people involved, maybe it was a necessity to have Mr. D's head as proof he is in fact deceased?

IMOO.

But what about the Mrs.?
Maybe they didn't need "proof" that she was deceased? Maybe they knew already that she was dead.
If there were 2 or more people involved, maybe it was a necessity to have Mr. D's head as proof he is in fact deceased?

IMOO.
Or he was the intended victim and she didn't matter, wasn't part of the deal? Maybe she just got in the way or could identify the perps.

Lawrence shoals is pretty quiet, esp at night I quite imagine, there are no houses around the area, it's near the dam and it's woods everywhere you look, surrounded by it, I posted pics on one of these threads, but it was early in the year, I dont' recall but posted details on gates etc, no cameras

I can see someone dropping a boat in for night fishing, head down to the D's, head back, drop her (after an alleged night of fishing) take the boat out at lawrence shoals, leave, even the street to the park is a long stretch of road to sparta and back towards eatonton way

I'm still curious how they got thru the gates if the perps actually drove into GW. Unless someone carjacked them, picked her up in town, got waved thru due to being in the D's car. They could have easily driven the car back out though if they were both dead. Then there would have been too much time wasted waiting for a boat to come pick up the carjackers, and obviously a boat was involved, the Dermonds' had no boat, no boats were stolen unless we've not been told. Carjacking, coming in the sbdv could be motive by thinking they were elder and easy targets. But the rest doesn't make sense, the beheading, dumping her in lake, leaving by boat surely

I still think they put in at Lawrence Shoals and exited at LS, targeted the D's for whatever reason. People dont' understand how quiet and dark it is on the lake, day and night it's quiet, especially if the home is secluded as their's was, no one would know what was going on inside the house, day OR night

Got up at 3 am, staying at my sisters place, walked thru the LR, saw navigation and spotlights around her dock, some guy sitting at her dock fishing, there is 1 neighbor that lives up here, all the other 15 homes up both sides of the lake, are weekenders, AND NOT HERE now, nor for the weekend. no dogs barking so no warning.

Real easy, real easy. You dont' hear a thing when you are sleeping especially, but clearly one of them was up, and since he was found in the garage, make sense, could have been her that got carjacked and he came out after they got to the house, maybe they threatened him with her and so he came into garage, dont' even know where or when she was killed exactly, but somehow he was in the garage in his pj's, or could have been just dragged into the garage after they hit her

Just brainstorming

Indeed, DAMNIFINO. That was the first thing I thought of, delivering "proof" to the architect of the murders who for whatever reason (age?) could not participate. Perhaps this architect had been just recently released from prison? I also agree that Mrs. Dermond was merely a material witness and had to be rid of.

Well that's typically how it goes with a hit, unless it's a muslim religious killing. Proof was taken back, yes I think it's been discussed also that she was likely in the way, still curious why they took all that time to drag her away like that, yes it confused things a little so maybe that's all there was to that part, I dont' see what need to take her off just to torture him, (thoughts running in my head)but they could do that in front of him

If it was a message to/for someone, I wonder if that someone has an inkling that it was meant for them?
If so, I wonder if they would contact Sheriff Sills? Or would they keep quiet?
IMOO.

keep quiet for a while IN FEAR, then probably crumble eventually

So remember, SS says the couple is anassuming and no illegal issues he's found with the couple, quiet churchgoing etc,, so now are we back to a mob hit like was questioned, assumed and on the streets as well, in the beginnning? All this has been discussed before about a hit, we've come FULL CIRCLE

I have only 2 things in mind

Or he was the intended victim and she didn't matter, wasn't part of the deal? Maybe she just got in the way or could identify the perps.

maybe she had blood evidence on her, residue under the fingernails, or something else? Likely not htere after being submerged, what? approx 2 weeks

So remember, SS says the couple is anassuming and no illegal issues he's found with the couple, quiet churchgoing etc,, so now are we back to a mob hit like was questioned, assumed and on the streets as well, in the beginnning? All this has been discussed before about a hit, we've come FULL CIRCLE

I have only 2 things in mind

Yes, we are going around in circles!

obviously, why bother otherwise, right?

Imo, its impossible for laypeople to get into the mind of a murder to understand why they do the things they do and in the manner in which they do them. To me it isn't doable. The most we can do is guess and speculate.

Unfortunately decapitations of murder victims aren't that rare. I have read cases where complete strangers cut the heads off of their victims. Why? Who really knows. Maybe they get a thrill out of leaving a corpse there to be seen without their head. Maybe they enjoy the depravity of the decapitation itself. Maybe its their way of humiliating and degrading the victim and they like the power and control it gives them.

There are many sick murderers in this world. I have even wondered if it was done by a disgruntled ex-employee who may have turned into a ISIS sympathizer since it seems decapitation is what they prefer to do. Sometimes an disgruntled ex-employee can resent those who are wealthy and secretly have inner hatred for them. Some even kill just for the thrill of killing and elderly people have become targets even more so in recent years because of their vulnerable age.

I certainly don't think Russ' head was removed to leave a message and I see nothing that even hints this is a mob hit. There would be no need to take all the time and risk to remove the head and take it with them. The proof of murder would be to leave the body whole and in plain sight. That would be the only proof needed. So that has never made any sense to me and I don't think this has anything to do with the Dermond children either. It seems this couple lived a very decent law abiding life and after all this time there is no evidence that shows their surviving children are anything but good people too who have lost both parents in the most horrific way imaginable.

Its a mystery and one I hope that Sills will be able to solve.

But SS could be wrong and this was a random crime by someone unknown to the Dermonds. I have seen several cases where LE said the victims were personally targeted by someone they knew but when the murderer was finally arrested they were complete strangers to the victims.

IMO

Is the gate monitored by a person or did it have a keypad?
We already know that the cameras weren't working so the gate (if there was one) would not be operated remotely.

Imo, its impossible for laypeople to get into the mind of a murder to understand why they do the things they do and in the manner in which they do them. To me it isn't doable. The most we can do is guess and speculate.

Unfortunately decapitations of murder victims aren't that rare. I have read cases where complete strangers cut the heads off of their victims. Why? Who really knows. Maybe they get a thrill out of leaving a corpse there to be seen without their head. Maybe they enjoy the depravity of the decapitation itself. Maybe its their way of humiliating and degrading the victim and they like the power and control it gives them.

There are many sick murderers in this world. I have even wondered if it was done by a disgruntled ex-employee who may have turned into a ISIS sympathizer since it seems decapitation is what they prefer to do. Sometimes an disgruntled ex-employee can resent those who are wealthy and secretly have inner hatred for them. Some even kill just for the thrill of killing and elderly people have become targets even more so in recent years because of their vulnerable age.

I certainly don't think Russ' head was removed to leave a message and I see nothing that even hints this is a mob hit. There would be no need to take all the time and risk to remove the head and take it with them. The proof of murder would be to leave the body whole and in plain sight. That would be the only proof needed. So that has never made any sense to me and I don't think this has anything to do with the Dermond children either. It seems this couple lived a very decent law abiding life and after all this time there is no evidence that shows their surviving children are anything but good people too who have lost both parents in the most horrific way imaginable.

Its a mystery and one I hope that Sills will be able to solve.

But SS could be wrong and this was a random crime by someone unknown to the Dermonds. I have seen several cases where LE said the victims were personally targeted by someone they knew but when the murderer was finally arrested they were complete strangers to the victims.

IMO

Cant' say what it AINT, unless you know what IT IS

Also, sounds like many are right back to the religious or mob hit beheading idea, as was first speculated in the beginning, I suppose SS is going to have to back further and peripheral to solve this, if it was random, it won't be solved unless someone tips

We already know that the cameras weren't working so the gate (if there was one) would not be operated remotely.

people, passes and now I think foxfire said one of the electronic arms, plus security cameras, well, at one time

watcher9, my understanding is that there wasn't entrance/exit gates when the Dermonds were murdered, but were added later.. Yes the security gate house is manned by security guards..

New details as mystery reigns in year-old Dermond lake murders
BY JOE KOVAC JR.
jkovac@macon.comMay 2, 2015

<snipped & BBM for focus>
Out at the Great Waters entrance, there is now a security gate, one of those arms that goes up and down when you’re let in. The guard shack lies a shade under two miles from the Dermond house. Its security cameras had been knocked out by a storm in the weeks before the killings and were of no use to the authorities.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2015/05/02/3726718_new-details-as-mystery-reigns.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Russell Dermond, 88, Found Beheaded; Wife Shirley Dermond Missing: Report
AP | By JEFF MARTIN and PHILLIP LUCAS
Posted: 05/08/2014
<snipped & BBM>
"There's nothing that we have found out so far that looks askance or gives us any particular motive."

The Dermonds lived in Reynolds Plantation, a gated neighborhood of expansive homes guarded by security officers where crime is rare, Sills said. He added that the couple's adult children live in other states and have been cooperative with investigators.

"This home is in one of the most exclusive gated communities in the state of Georgia," he said. "I don't remember even a burglary that I can even recall in the whole subdivision."

The home is on the shore of sprawling Lake Oconee in the Greensboro area. Sills said the killer may have arrived by boat, though they haven't ruled out other possibilities.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...d-dead-shirley-dermond-missing_n_5290989.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95