GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I hear someone say, "this kind of thing doesn't happen in places like this", I cringe.. Often times this assumption and false sense of security is exactly why these areas are chosen, imo. As we have all seen many times before, no place is immune from heinous crimes..

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/14/justice/georgia-elderly-man-decapitated/
FBI posts reward for missing wife of beheaded man
May 15, 2014

"I don't think it's a random incident. I think for whatever reason these people were singled out for this," Sills said. "They live in the most exclusive neighborhood, or one of the most exclusive neighborhoods, in this county. ... They're on a cul-de-sac in a gated, multimillion-dollar resort community that we have no crime in."
<snipped for focus>

Just wanted to show how dark it is at the lakes, the lights are from the few houses who have lights on at the dock, these pics, at my sisters house isn't in a cove, it's on the main river
IMG_9763.jpg

IMG_9766.jpg

so now are we back to a mob hit like was questioned, assumed and on the streets as well, in the beginnning?

When I think "Mob hit" that implies an experienced hit man that is often brought in from out of town, they do the job and catch a flight home to NJ or Chicago or wherever they came from. They would not want to go into an area like Putnam county, find/steal a boat, paddle around a lake they were unfamiliar with etc...

The boat also rules out your typical random street criminal/crazy looking for an easy target, as does the undisturbed house. The person/s that did this were likely familiar with boats and quite possibly hunting which makes me think it could easily be someone from this area or another rural southern area (most white men around here do hunt and most have owned or used boats, they would have the basic skills required whereas most urban dwellers would not).

Like others, I think it was a personal vendetta of some sort.

A professional would stay in the area for however long it took to become familiar with the lake, Dermonds everyday patterns, security, etc. They probably would drive down (or up) and bring their own boat. They would be comfortable staying and blending into Lake Oconee area for weeks or months.

A professional would stay in the area for however long it took to become familiar with the lake, Dermonds everyday patterns, security, etc. They probably would drive down (or up) and bring their own boat. They would be comfortable staying and blending into Lake Oconee area for weeks or months.

I would find that scenario to be extremely unlikely. If a professional was involved it would be much easier (and cheaper) to just shoot them and leave the bodies.

In addition, I have lived in Georgia for over 20 years and I am though of "as that woman from California" in my rural area.

Throughout history, contract killing has been associated with organized crime and with vendettas.

Contract killing provides the hiring party with the advantage of not having to be directly involved in the killing. This makes it more difficult to connect said party with the murder and decreases the likelihood of establishing guilt for the committed murder, because the hiring party did not commit the murder; they only enabled it to happen. It is also often used by parties who do not have the ability to carry the killing themselves, such as a spouse contracting the murder of their partner

wikipedia

Live beheadings, but interesting info in regards to this case

So MAYBE, it was a contract killing and hired skilled headsman, not necessarily a hunter, but I agree it would hae to be somone who is familiar with lakes in general and someone knew whwere they lived and how to get there, straighy up river from lawrence shoals, gps will get you to the street with just a map but if it wasn't someone in the areaa, then someone probably had to be a around a few days at least to get their bearings straight and find the home by water, which isn't hard to do IMO

capitalpunishment.org

..............The person dies from shock and anoxia due to haemorrhage and loss of blood pressure within less than 60 seconds. However, because the muscles and vertebrae of the neck are tough, decapitation may require more than one blow. Death occurs due to separation of the brain and spinal cord, after the transection (cutting through) of the surrounding tissues, together with massive haemorrhage.
It has often been reported that the eyes and mouths of the decapitated have shown signs of movement. It has been calculated that the human brain has enough oxygen stored for metabolism to persist for about 7 seconds after the head is cut off.

The problem with beheading.
Beheading requires a skilled headsman if it is to be at all humane and not infrequently, several blows were required to sever the head. It took three blows to remove Mary Queen of Scot's head at Fotheringhay Castle in 1587. ................

The prisoner is usually blindfolded so that they do not see the sword or axe coming and move at the crucial moment. Again, this is why in both beheading and guillotining it was not unusual for an assistant to hold the prisoner's hair to prevent them moving.
In any event, the results are gory in the extreme as blood spurts from the severed arteries and veins of the neck including the carotid and the jugular.

What does someone consider the difference in mob hit and professional?

A "mob hit" implies the mob, aka Mafia.

A professional hit just means someone got paid to do the job, they were offered money for the task and that was their only reason for committing the murder.

Slang definitions & phrases for hit man Expand
hit man
noun phrase
An assassin, esp a professional killer; hired gun, mechanic: Like every professional hit man I've ever known, I've always used a gun/ A State Police detective, posing as a hired killer ''flown in as a hit man'' (1970+)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hitman

A "mob hit" implies the mob, aka Mafia.

A professional hit just means someone got paid to do the job, they were offered money for the task and that was their only reason for committing the murder.

There are differences in mob and mafia however, one is well known leader, others are underground, other differences, members have specific duties, others hire it

so if pro is hired hit man, then it could be the mob, I think mafia members all have specific duties and are known by the community, unlike mob

Live beheadings, but interesting info in regards to this case

So MAYBE, it was a contract killing and hired skilled headsman, not necessarily a hunter,

Much easier to find find a hunter than an experienced headsman available for hire in Georgia. Sheesh there aren't very many skilled headsman in the Middle East either! Most of the decapitation videos from Mexico and the Middle East involve amateurs that often make a mess of the job. Saudi Arabia does have a few professional headsman for state executions but I doubt if they would be available for hire by the general US public. On the topic of legal beheadings in the Middle East, some are done by the family members of the victims (they have the legal right), one benefit there would be they would be told HOW to do it and also given a proper blade/axe by the professionals.

Since the victim was already deceased when the decapitation occurred it would likely just require someone that had the strength, knew how to select the proper tool, and knew how to cleanly break/dislocate the spine.

Here is a deer butchering video, warning it is graphic, at the 2:15 mark the head is removed. That type of practice would help considerably as a human head/neck/spine would be very similar in size; most likely an elderly victim would have less muscle around the throat area too. An inexperienced person would be likely to hesitate and struggle with the spine especially with a dead victim. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28mZCOij4Vk

Experts suggest that the drug gangs have several motives. First, they seek to use beheadings to cow the citizenry from squealing on them and to pressure local authorities to collaborate. Second, the gangs try to out-macho each other with greater acts of macabre violence, frightening rivals in a murderous spiral.

The only hitch is that all the drug gangs have taken up beheadings.

"Even though everybody does it, it still works. That's the problem," Chabat said. "If you're a trafficker and you know that this is part of the game, the idea of having your head decapitated is not attractive."

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/04/01/91481/beheadings-become-signature-of.html#storylink=cpy

probably been thru this too, just rethinking some things, thought Id post,

Inmate Tentative Parole Month (TPM) Look-up

Return To Search

Inmate Name Inmate Number GDC ID Date of Birth Offense Institution Tentative Parole Month
Troy Major -484954 1097228 08/03/1975 MURDER GA DIAG CLASS PRISON Life

http://www.pap.state.ga.us/InmateTPM/Controller

=======================

2006 appeals, denied

hmm, could be pissed, no parole, just LIFE,

Much easier to find find a hunter than an experienced headsman available for hire in Georgia. Sheesh there aren't very many skilled headsman in the Middle East either! Most of the decapitation videos from Mexico and the Middle East involve amateurs that often make a mess of the job. Saudi Arabia does have a few professional headsman for state executions but I doubt if they would be available for hire by the general US public. On the topic of legal beheadings in the Middle East, some are done by the family members of the victims (they have the legal right), one benefit there would be they would be told HOW to do it and also given a proper blade/axe by the professionals.

Since the victim was already deceased when the decapitation occurred it would likely just require someone that had the strength, knew how to select the proper tool, and knew how to cleanly break/dislocate the spine.

Here is a deer butchering video, warning it is graphic, at the 2:15 mark the head is removed. That type of practice would help considerably as a human head/neck/spine would be very similar in size; most likely an elderly victim would have less muscle around the throat area too. An inexperienced person would be likely to hesitate and struggle with the spine especially with a dead victim. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28mZCOij4Vk

yeah I didn't go there, beheading videos or taxidermy videos

I imagine there are all kinds of people in all states, including GA, I just dont' hang with them but I dont' doubt their existance, beheadings becoming quite common, so just throwing things out there, from pro's, mob, mafia, jihad, hunters, surgeons, who knows, but the combination of details is puzzling in this case to a degree, though a hired hitman or mafia might have some experience, though I have my own scenarios

There are differences in mob and mafia however, one is well known leader, others are underground, other differences, members have specific duties, others hire it

so if pro is hired hit man, then it could be the mob, I think mafia members all have specific duties and are known by the community, unlike mob

Where I'm from, mob and Mafia are one and the same.

"The American Mafia, commonly known as the Mafia, Italian Mafia, Italian Mob, or the Mob in the United States, is a confederation of Italian American criminal societies. Similar to the Sicilian Mafia, the Italian-American Mafia is a secret criminal society without a formal name. Its members usually refer to it as Cosa Nostra (Italian pronunciation: [k&#596;za n&#596;stra]), a phrase which literally translates to "our thing," but can be more accurately paraphrased as "our work" or "our operation."

"This thing we have"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Mafia

MOO

that would be nice to know, jones connects to putnam and baldwin, i think drugs and fishermen and HUNTERS when i think Jones

Yeah I live in Jones County, been here 5 years. Definitely hunters and fishermen but not a haven for drugs.

I believe there may have been a drug problem a few years ago not anymore. The judges really cracked down hard on any type of illegal substance; many locals have told me they don't dare even touch weed anymore.

I think they went "zero tolerance" as a way to keep meth dealers (and neredowells from Bibb County) out of Jones county, our crime rates are very very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdeem713