GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SS was interviewed on Macon's Channel 13 a couple of days ago. Same ol',same ol'.
Shortly after the murders I asked sheriff and judge friends what they thought about "who done it" and every one said that it was a hit.
I hope that the FBI experts are going over the financial records for clues.
SS does know more than he is telling but there seems to be a lot of gaps.

'Sheriff Sills, should cease thinking inside all those boxes and read the writing that is on the wall, imo'..

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...onths-dermond-case-still-stalemated/16642999/
After 5 months, Dermond case still stalemated

This is a very personal crime, either for revenge or for monetary benefit. I think two aspects should be looked at:

1. A person or persons very close to the family.
2. A boat. Whomever did this, came and left via the water.

This is a very personal crime, either for revenge or for monetary benefit. I think two aspects should be looked at:

1. A person or persons very close to the family.
2. A boat. Whomever did this, came and left via the water.

<BBM for Focus>

I agree that a boat was used for disposing of Mrs D's body, but why was the gatehouse security camera's down if a vehicle wasn't also utilized? The only reasons that I can think of is coincidence or for deflection; to confuse the investigation..

I am beyond exasperated but still checking in when I can. I want whoever did this to pay, they just can't get away with this horrible act. I agree with all of you who think it is someone close to the family and I also think they (or he) came and left by boat. I was so hopeful and had such confidence in SS, but that is beginning to fade. I don't understand why they don't have FBI/GBI or some kind of task force on this. Even a psychic would be welcome at this point. Who could have hated this couple so much? If it was a hit, why not just kill them? Hard to imagine the necessity of beheading him and placing her in the lake. Could that have been the original plan? Or did things get out of hand? If it was to throw off the investigation, that was accomplished. Just evil...

'Sheriff Sills, should cease thinking inside all those boxes and read the writing that is on the wall, imo'..

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...onths-dermond-case-still-stalemated/16642999/
After 5 months, Dermond case still stalemated

Looks like SS is preparing for hunting season. Nice beard! Sooooo, SS is going back to square one. Disappointing to say the least. He says they are getting "no calls." That's sad.

I do believe if LE had given the reward to the fisherman for finding Mrs. Dermond's body he might have some "calls" still coming in. The gentleman and his friend that found Mrs. Dermond knew that LE was looking in all the wrong places. Sills has been in law enforcement long enough to know how criminals think. I believe he let the fishermen do the dirty work because somebody didn't want to risk poking a hole in their purty lake patrol boat.

And, Sheriff Sills should not rule out homegrown terrorism. The act of beheading in and of itself is an act of terrorism regardless if victim was deceased or alive at the time of the beheading.

I agree about the families hiring a PI, if they have not already.

OK, folks. Question.

Other than the obvious big, overarching question/s ("WHO did this?, etc.), what would you most like to know, if we could, in pondering this case?

I think maybe I would most like to know whether authorities were able to determine Shirley's time of death to any degree that would tell them whether she was likely killed right around the same time as Russell or was held for a time. I know it is unlikely that they were able to, but I still do wonder...

Local here and thread is slow... with a raise of hands (e.g. thanking post) how many are still following this case....yet perhaps not posting. Appreciate folks that continue to post to :bump: this thread

lol...another post to do a survey on this yellow stuff that appeared today on my computer...lol..heading to bed and tapatalk.. just the facts..just the facts without the colors!

I still think of the Dermonds, and check WS and other sources for information. Obviously, there is very little new to learn. It's difficult for me to accept that there are no viable clues, no new ideas, and nothing much shared. Hopefully, the Dermond families are getting more updates than the general public.

It's time for Sills to have another press conference. This press conference needs to be a little different than the last ones he's had.

This time he needs to sit down and present all the evidence they do have, explain where it came from and what it means. He needs to present pictures, maps, and timelines in very basic forms. He needs to detail what kind of boat they are looking for, what kind of car they are looking for, and what kind of evidence he has to back up those suspicions. Any information about the possible perpetrators that hasn't been released to date.....now is the time.

Somebody out there knows who committed this crime, and they may not even realize that they know it. Some of the evidence that Sills is hesitant to release publicly might well be evidence that jogs someones memory about what they saw that night, someone's behavior after the crime, or some small detail that only one or two people may know about. Just lay the facts out there and let everybody take a good hard look at them.

If they continue to withhold information, continue to keep things enveloped in a cloud of secrecy, continue to give only carefully crafted answers, then I'm afraid when it comes time to hunt the file folder down inside the filing cabinet, just look for the folder labeled "UNSOLVED".

It's time for Sills to have another press conference. This press conference needs to be a little different than the last ones he's had.

This time he needs to sit down and present all the evidence they do have, explain where it came from and what it means. He needs to present pictures, maps, and timelines in very basic forms. He needs to detail what kind of boat they are looking for, what kind of car they are looking for, and what kind of evidence he has to back up those suspicions. Any information about the possible perpetrators that hasn't been released to date.....now is the time.

Somebody out there knows who committed this crime, and they may not even realize that they know it. Some of the evidence that Sills is hesitant to release publicly might well be evidence that jogs someones memory about what they saw that night, someone's behavior after the crime, or some small detail that only one or two people may know about. Just lay the facts out there and let everybody take a good hard look at them.

If they continue to withhold information, continue to keep things enveloped in a cloud of secrecy, continue to give only carefully crafted answers, then I'm afraid when it comes time to hunt the file folder down inside the filing cabinet, just look for the folder labeled "UNSOLVED".

I agree 100%, steelman.. The Dermond's abduction/murders/decapitation investigation is only one example of many, as to why the antiquated close to the vest investigative strategy of silence of the 1970s only causes other innocent victim's lives lost and mounting cold cases; 'the silent epidemic'.. When will the leadership in law enforcement agencies learn that the American public is one of their most valuable investigative resources? We are in the age of communications. Long gone are the days of the dinosaur...
"Silence & misinformation by LE via MSM/Internet Social Media is the Predator's most lethal weapon"... jmo

Sorry if I sound frustrated.. It's because I am... I have been following the missing and likely murdered UVA coed Hannah Graham case(VA) and have just learned that investigators knew that UVA coed Morgan Harrington<12/2009> was last seen getting into a taxi cab over four years.. This info was not released to the public. The suspect in Hannah Graham's case; JM was a cab driver in 2009 when MH was abducted. His coworkers contacted investigators about his bizarre behavior and resemblance to a sketch in a Fairfax, VA rape, as well as a FBI CODIS forensics match to MH's murder suspect. How many other unknown innocent victim's lives has JM taken in the four plus years before he was finally identified and arrest? Tragic, imo...

JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orensic-Link*-to-MH-2&p=11074195#post11074195

Like all of you, I am really disappointed that we haven't learned of any progress with this case.

IF this was a contract murder, sometimes it takes LE a very long time to tie the pieces together. Let's hope that someone talks, because I'm sure more than one person knows what happened. It is hard for people to keep their mouths closed! :twocents:

IMHO

Hello fellow WS - think of this couple every day and always hopeful for some news. At first, I was ok with the "close to the vest" type of work SS was doing, now I am getting tired of it. I wonder how the family feels, I don't know if I could deal with this if it were my parents. Do we know if they have hired a PI or anything? If the consensus of those in the know is that this was a hit, is that so hard to pin down? SS has been adamant that the D's weren't into any illegal business dealings, etc., so wouldn't that make it something a little closer to home? I still think in the back of my mind that drugs had something to do with it because of the bizarre actions. A "hit" should be just that, in and out. If this was a professional hit, I've never heard of one with such crazy actions. So frustrating...

Another ENTIRE WEEK...I can't believe this! I would really like to know who besides SS is working on this? Why can't he let us know what, if any, progress has been made? Maybe it's just me but I have always wondered why this isn't on some news shows, isn't Nancy Grace even interested? We need more shows like America's Most Wanted, there should be 24-hour regional coverage like CNN dedicated to just crime solving. I guess you have to be a missing pretty teenager to get on the news! I feel like writing a letter to Putnam County but I'm afraid of what I would say (I would probably get arrested). Just so discouraged about this**Sigh**

I'm not trying to be a "doubting Thomas" about this case, but I just don't think there is anything going on. Usually, when the news coverage and information disappear, it's because the case has gone cold. Which leads me to believe that this truly was a hit, and the pros left nothing behind but the deceased Dermonds.

Just checking in :sigh:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I think the consensus is a hit, too; but is it impossible to find out who did it and why? Who benefits? Could it have been someone who just hated Mr. D, and it was unfortunate that Mrs. D was home? Or did they both have to go? Can't wrap my mind around why they (or he) took her to the lake? I wish they had found the head in the lake, maybe that would have helped. Where could it be?? If it was someone who truly had it in for Mr. D, we may never know, esp if it was one person - one truly, sick, vengeful person. Maybe Mrs. D was the only one who knew he was having an argument with someone (and could identify them)? So many questions left unanswered.

If it was a hit, why not kill them both in the same way at the same place? Seems like the chances of being seen would increase with taking Shirley somewhere else to kill her. Would a professional hit-person take that chance?

I think the killer took Shirley to go to an ATM and get money off a card, but I think Shirley probably just had a credit card and no pin at her age. Just a guess.

I think the killer took Shirley to go to an ATM and get money off a card, but I think Shirley probably just had a credit card and no pin at her age. Just a guess.

Took her to ATM then back to lake ? Too much risk imho for both photos at ATM and difficulty / risk taking her back to a boat going out on the lake to dispose of her

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member