GUILTY GA - Skylar Dials, 9, Griffin, 21 December 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi, momrids6,

I was also wondering if she wore hearing aides?

She's so cute looking.

Hi Skore: I fear the way the info is worded, that hearing aids are a no-go, like in our situation. I may be wrong- I live 5 hours from there in S GA; no news about her here-

And I would like to know if she was born with hearing loss... Or if it was caused by illness... Accident... Etc...?

You do not want my opinion as to why...:furious: I hope I am wrong as to why she lives with her aunt.

If she attends Spalding County schools (most likely she does), their last day was Tuesday, so she was on break. Williamson definitely has a small town feel. I live on the other side of Spalding County, but from what I know, most people in the area know each other. Yes, there is a major highway that runs through --- 362. It's is a very busy highway. It is visible on the map if you google the road on which she was last seen.

Thanks so much Roxy... And other locals... For your helpful insight into this area and community!:seeya:

That is absolutely BULL****!!! This little girl deserves more than 20 freakin' seconds of air time.....she is 9 years old! Cheese and Rice!! This makes me so angry!! :furious: I hate to stereotype, but if this child was blonde haired and blue eyed, the entire nation would be aware. I hate even typing that, but I have come to realize this on WS and it IS NOT WS fault, it's the freakin' media....GRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr.................. :furious:

It is Bull- most folks without a disabled person in their family do not give a S****- trust me on this:
They say " oh poor you "- and go on about their business. Like in Ronnie's case here on WS- people cared After he was missing- why was no one
in that W House he was at everyday a little more concerned about him while he was there!?

I can tell you right now, if her hearing loss was from 'damage,' a hearing aid most likely is of zero use. I'm hearing impaired and cannot use a hearing aid, so this will make things quite difficult in a search for her. Focus would be better on sight-oriented, such as flashing lights that mimic what she may know are LE, Fire Dept, etc.

I wonder how long she's lived with her aunt and uncle, and (like some of you) why? Many of these cases are, after all, someone known to the child.

I can tell you right now, if her hearing loss was from 'damage,' a hearing aid most likely is of zero use. I'm hearing impaired and cannot use a hearing aid, so this will make things quite difficult in a search for her. Focus would be better on sight-oriented, such as flashing lights that mimic what she may know are LE, Fire Dept, etc.

They need to get ahold of her school teacher- who knows what works in a large area- i.e playground, auditorium, etc.

Hey Teeny- in the boat with you.... there are many great folks here who will transcribe the MSM videos on a case if you just ask !

I thought she lived close to the intersection of Yarbrough mill rd and blanton mill rd.

362 is way south of that....

I thought she lived close to the intersection of Yarbrough mill rd and blanton mill rd.

362 is way south of that....

Yep! Just saw that Blanton Mill makes a big loop, from up near 670 Yarborough Mill (her house) down to 362. I've seen it reported two ways; that she was walking down to Williamson/Blanton Mill area (362) and also as walking just 30 yards away toward the part of Blanton Mill that is closest to her house. So it's likely that she was just going toward Blanton Mill where it runs closer to her house and not where it comes in near 362. Confusing, ha!

I wonder how long she's lived with her aunt and uncle, and (like some of you) why? Many of these cases are, after all, someone known to the child.

Yep-In the areas/cases I am familar with- most people with a hearing impairment or other disability, it is a "friend" or acquaintance

What an endearing looking girl.

I'm glad someone put this on the table, though - she appears to have a neurological disorder or stroke. With the hearing loss, it all may have been an accident of birth.

Prayers she is found safe.

What an endearing looking girl.

I'm glad someone put this on the table, though - she appears to have a neurological disorder or stroke. With the hearing loss, it all may have been an accident of birth.

Prayers she is found safe.

Skylar also has a facial appearance similar to a person who's had a stroke on the left side of her face. This is not an indication that Skylar has had a stroke, but only to describe the left side of her face.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/20407680/breaking-news-missing-9-year-old-girl

They need to get ahold of her school teacher- who knows what works in a large area- i.e playground, auditorium, etc.

Hey Teeny- in the boat with you.... there are many great folks here who will transcribe the MSM videos on a case if you just ask !

Awe, you are sweet! :) My hearing loss is 50-60% is all. I just boost the headphones, and adjust the equalizer if I must. :D

I wonder just what level of hearing impairment Skylar has. It can range from about where mine is to full deafness that would be an issue. "Impairment" can mean many things. IF her hearing loss is damage, and especially if such is not even in the ears, her ability to know WHERE sounds are coming from could be severely compromised.

You did bring up an excellent thought on her school teacher, who would probably deal with Skylar on those "open spaces" even more than her "family." Also, medical records.

Awe, you are sweet! :) My hearing loss is 50-60% is all. I just boost the headphones, and adjust the equalizer if I must. :D

I wonder just what level of hearing impairment Skylar has. It can range from about where mine is to full deafness that would be an issue. "Impairment" can mean many things. IF her hearing loss is damage, and especially if such is not even in the ears, her ability to know WHERE sounds are coming from could be severely compromised.

You did bring up an excellent thought on her school teacher, who would probably deal with Skylar on those "open spaces" even more than her "family." Also, medical records.

Everyone in this house has varying degrees of hearing impaiment in which a hearing aid is useless. Unwanted expertise...I tried to contact that ACB person- who does not show up on a search on FB that I tried.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling
Back