GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, for my part, I'd believe a search on his computer was a search he performed.

I don't think LE can search on a computer and do that after the fact and make it appear in the history as if it were done before his arrest.

I would just be VERY very curious what other searches surrounded that one, and when the search was done.

I've been in these discussions on dog boards for years, literally, even involving conversations with other posters about parking our cars in the hot sun and checking by the 1/2 hour what temperature the interior of the car had reached.

Did they have a dog? Did he take his dog to work?:twocents:

Doing a google search, it's equally likely that a deceased person would not evacuate their bowels.

Certainly the autopsy and police report will be able to clarify that.

And in the investigation, it should be proven - by a visual experiment, whether you actually could, or could not, see the baby from the position they witnessed him to be in. It seems it's either a yes or no.

The fact that the seat was rear facing makes it more plausible that the baby could not be seen, imo. I didn't know that children that old are currently recommended to be rear facing. I'd assumed he was not until I saw the warrant.

Doing a google search, it's equally likely that a deceased person would not evacuate their bowels.

And in the investigation, it should be proven - by a visual experiment, whether you actually could, or could not, see the baby from the position they witnessed him to be in. It seems it's either a yes or no.

One would think that seeing the car seat itself would remind him that he had a baby :facepalm:

Right, which means it would be in a supplement to the search warrant. Not in the search warrant itself. There is a difference. Were that information included in a search warrant, that would indicate to me they have additional information about his intent or state of mind that day.

If not, it would indicate to me that LE is doing their due diligence by appropriately requesting search warrants for the home, office, computers, etc., in order to investigate the case.

IMO.

Someone asked me why it wasn't in the warrant.

My response was that we wouldn't see it in that warrant. When they RELEASE the warrant for his computer/office, we could see in the log. I know there is difference, we are talking about why we can't see it. Simple, because they haven't released that information.

If they saw the history on his computer (I think they did, since they immediately arrested him) they don't have to include that in the arrest warrant. They took the computer to forensically investigate it and check out the information and timing. IMO, what they stated in the arrest warrant was more than enough to hold him on the suspicion, while they investigate the computer and search further.

But babies generally do evacuate their bowels after eating.

Not immediately, though. But yes, it certainly could have happened.

And it may be that the smell of a diaper is exactly what caused Harris to suddenly realize the baby was still in the car.

Anyway, I'm sure this information will come out in the investigation and media reports, and in court whether the child had a dirty diaper or not.

One would think that seeing the car seat itself would remind him that he had a baby :facepalm:

The car seat would have always been in the car, Crazytown, whether the baby was in it or not. Seeing the car seat in the car, and being unable to see whether Cooper was in it (if that's actually the case) wouldn't make him realize he didn't drop him off.

It might trigger a series of thought processes where he remembered he had not been to daycare, but that carseat must always be in his car right there all the time.

His wife must have another one if she does the pick up and he does the drop off.

I haven't read this entire thread, so this may have been mentioned -

Do parents these days use rear facing car seats for 22 month olds? We switched to forward facing well before that, mostly because the kids outgrew the rear facing ones. I can't imagine rear facing seats would have enough room for their legs???

The rear facing car seat for a 22 month old caught my eye too. I have never seen a rear facing car seat for a child that age. I have seven grandchildren and have seen my share of car seats.

This might not have anything to do with seeing this poor baby but in my case, my great-nephew had to be put in front facing (at 17 months) because he'd use his feet to push against the back of the rear seat and he'd push himself up.
When he would push himself up anyone driving (me, his mom) could see his beautiful brown hair bobbing up and down.
By pushing against the rear of the back seat with his feet, he could get his little head way up over the top/back of the car seat.
Even without pushing with his feet, I could always see the top of his head, or at least his hair, at 16 and 17 months.....and my great-nephew is small for his age.

Since they had just recently eaten before parking at Home Depot Corp, I wonder if the heat made Cooper vomit some of his food. Maybe when Harris saw his son, he didn't even consider that he might be dead. Maybe his first thought was that he was blue, he saw some food and thought Cooper was choking. Once he pulled over and got him out of the seat he could see that he was dead.

I don't know how to explain the search done on his computer yet but there are some other explanations as to what could have happened. Sometimes the stars, moon, fate, coincidence, whatever, just happen to line up in a most spectacular way and sometimes in a most horrific way.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Not immediately, though. But yes, it certainly could have happened.

And it may be that the smell of a diaper is exactly what caused Harris to suddenly realize the baby was still in the car.

Anyway, I'm sure this information will come out in the investigation and media reports, and in court whether the child had a dirty diaper or not.

Would you at least agree that in a 3 hour period of time after eating that a baby would likely go to the bathroom? A scent that would mow one down after it had been sitting in a hot car... that he was in at noon.

I wonder how often people leave their child in the car and remember before the child passes.

I just don't see how this happens.... I think he should be charged either way. If you are too absentminded to attend to the safety of a child then don't have one.

Children are not possessions. Had this happened to a dog people would be up in arms to charge the guy. Probably the same ones supporting him. Just sayn'

Well said !

I am West Coast.
HLN is discussing it right now.
They have the car and are showing what could and could not be seen by reaching in from driver's side.

Would you at least agree that in a 3 hour period of time after eating that a baby would likely go to the bathroom? A scent that would mow one down after it had been sitting in a hot car... that he was in at noon.

Yes, most likely. But sadly, I don't think he was still alive at that point.

I think by noon, when Harris checked on him, he had passed away. Otherwise it's likely he would have moved or moaned quietly and been discovered.

Again, this is one of those questions that probably will be definitively answered in the investigation.

On other cases we have discussed what was said on 911 calls and how usually an innocent parent won't call and say their child is dead. Even when told the child is dead they refuse to accept that fact.
I wonder if what he said at the scence was what raised at least one many of the red flags that day.

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

One article said he said his son choked at first then he changed his story. That's what made the first responders suspicious. I'm sure they told LE immediately.

I am West Coast.
HLN is discussing it right now.
They have the car and are showing what could and could not be seen by reaching in from driver's side.

Thanks! What are their conclusions?

Yes, most likely. But sadly, I don't think he was still alive at that point.

I think by noon, when Harris checked on him, he had passed away. Otherwise it's likely he would have moved or moaned quietly and been discovered.

Again, this is one of those questions that probably will be definitively answered in the investigation.

That is my point I've been trying to make the last few pages, LOL. You keep saying that he didn't see the baby, my point is, at noon, he likely would have SMELLED the baby.. so yes, by noon he would have passed away, and at noon there should have been a call to 911, not at 4:30 in the afternoon... If he did go to his car at noon, there is no way he didn't know something was seriously wrong.

And you realize you said "at noon, when Harris checked on him" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious38