GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I have been ANXIOUSLY waiting to make this observation until I had my nephew. He was just dropped off and we are outside in the driveway. I have a Hyundai and my nephew is 19 months old and sits in a rear facing seat. (Not tall enough to forward.) I've walked up to the driver side and as I get close, I can CLEARLY see him sitting through the tinted windows. Even if I glance out of the side of my eye. I open the door and if I lean forward to throw something on the other seat, I see leg and hand, and ear.

ETA: In other news, there is a half eaten banana and partial bag of apple slices from 8:00 am that stinks to high heaven. I can only imagine what he smelled when he opened that door at noon...

I can always appreciate a real live field trial, thanks.

I think the "shocking to my conscience " statement by Sargent Pierce was due to the knowledge that the fathered not only forgot the kid in the first place but the fact that he could have gone back to the car and hadn't noticed the poor child dead or dying... I mean the extra harshness in this case makes it so much worse

It's doubtful, IMO, that at the time Sgt Pierce made that statement, that he would have known a coworker reportedly had seen the Dad go out to his vehicle at lunch. He made this statement very very early on. It would take time for an a coworker to connect w/ LE to share such an observation. All info, details, observations weren't instantly known. IMO.

LOL, yep, also remember that he ate breakfast with the baby, put him in the carseat and drove less than a mile (only a few blocks) to where he worked. That's what only about two minutes? He knew at the restaurant that he had not dropped him off unless the daycare is between Chic Filet and his work and it is very hard to believe that he totally forgot the baby in two minutes.

I agree completely. How a parent forgets their child in a matter of minutes is mind-boggling. Then again, I firmly believe that even if Ross were to confess, there will always be people that still try to say he didn't do it :banghead:

That looks very uncomfortable. She is having to keep her legs bent because they are too long to extend. I would feel like I was sitting in a clothes basket, LOL.

Broken legs can be fixed(Which btw, there has never been a documented case of a child breaking their legs because they were correctly buckled in a rear facing seat), broken necks... not so much.

As they say, better to cast it than a casket.

Here is a map that I created so that we can see the locations in a better view.

It is incredible that this all took place in such a small area.

So sad.

Justin Harris Route

Sorry if this has been explained but where is the Daycare Center located? Thanks in advance. I don't know if the name and location has been published.

I seriously do not think this guy is who everyone thinks he is...I suspect he's got another hidden side from the public.

Ok guys let me ask a theoretical question...if it was your spouse that had these charges against them and even if you'd been told not to talk about it-wouldn't you make a statement saying..I can't talk about it but I know he's innocent. Some kind of statement that supports him??? I would unless I had my doubts. We've heard nothing from his wife.That tells me a lot. Also apparently he must have said something bad to her or at her during the phone call where he told his wife the baby died because..(see excerpt from article below)...so what did he say? I suspect he called her a bad name... This is all my opinion...

'A police officer said to him, "Calm down and explain to your wife what's going on". I didn't hear what he said because I was going back in but then whatever he said triggered the police officer to say, "You need to watch your mouth" and then they put the handcuffs on him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ake-supporters-think-twice.html#ixzz35fwnHYBm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The Silence from the wife in support of her husband tells me a lot!

That is my point I've been trying to make the last few pages, LOL. You keep saying that he didn't see the baby, my point is, at noon, he likely would have SMELLED the baby.. so yes, by noon he would have passed away, and at noon there should have been a call to 911, not at 4:30 in the afternoon... If he did go to his car at noon, there is no way he didn't know something was seriously wrong.

And you realize you said "at noon, when Harris checked on him" ;)

What kind of person forgets a baby?

The wealthy do, it turns out. And the poor, and the middle class. Parents of all ages and ethnicities do it. Mothers are just as likely to do it as fathers. It happens to the chronically absent-minded and to the fanatically organized, to the college-educated and to the marginally literate. In the last 10 years, it has happened to a dentist. A postal clerk. A social worker. A police officer. An accountant. A soldier. A paralegal. An electrician. A Protestant clergyman. A rabbinical student. A nurse. A construction worker. An assistant principal. It happened to a mental health counselor, a college professor and a pizza chef. It happened to a pediatrician. It happened to a rocket scientist.

Last year it happened three times in one day, the worst day so far in the worst year so far in a phenomenon that gives no sign of abating.

The facts in each case differ a little, but always there is the terrible moment when the parent realizes what he or she has done, often through a phone call from a spouse or caregiver. This is followed by a frantic sprint to the car. What awaits there is the worst thing in the world.

Each instance has its own macabre signature. One father had parked his car next to the grounds of a county fair; as he discovered his son’s body, a calliope tootled merrily beside him. Another man, wanting to end things quickly, tried to wrestle a gun from a police officer at the scene. Several people -- including Mary Parks of Blacksburg -- have driven from their workplace to the day-care center to pick up the child they’d thought they’d dropped off, never noticing the corpse in the back seat.

Then there is the Chattanooga, Tenn., business executive who must live with this: His motion-detector car alarm went off, three separate times, out there in the broiling sun. But when he looked out, he couldn’t see anyone tampering with the car. So he remotely deactivated the alarm and went calmly back to work.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...e0fe3a-f580-11e3-a3a5-42be35962a52_story.html

I guess it does happen to others who have had the same thing happen.

I really think that even with a full diaper, if the child is fully clothed, totally still and in a carseat it's not going to produce the odor you think it would.

When we're done changing a diaper, we wrap it up and tape it shut with the diaper tape, once the room clears, there is again no odor coming from the diaper.

That looks very uncomfortable. She is having to keep her legs bent because they are too long to extend. I would feel like I was sitting in a clothes basket, LOL.

I wonder which side of the back seat the child's car seat was? It would seem logical to me, given that Dad is a bigger guy, that child's rear-facing seat would be on the passenger side.......so that Dad could move his seat back further (more room) and easier reach-access to the child by whomever in the driver's seat. Are there any pics or confirmations from LE re: which side car seat was situated in?

I wonder which side of the back seat the child's car seat was? It would seem logical to me, given that Dad is a bigger guy, that child's rear-facing seat would be on the passenger side.......so that Dad could move his seat back further (more room) and easier reach-access to the child by whomever in the driver's seat. Are there any pics or confirmations from LE re: which side car seat was situated in?

Yes, he was in the middle

The daycare is onsite, at his work.

Daycare is onsite at one HD local but he worked in a different satilite office so he would have had to stop, park and drop Cooper then get back in his car. Drive a short distance and park to go into work. I feel this fact has gotten lost in the shuffle. I've read it reported both ways

Oh my god.

I'm typically very sympathetic to the parents who have forgotten their children and had these horrible outcomes. I have read the literature, it happens across all socio-economic groups, men and women, and they are absolutely devasted, to the last one. I can't imagine it happening, but then, neither could they once. I am typically absolutely against charging those folks in true accidents of forgetting - because I do not see how the punishment serves any type of good, makes any restitution, satisfies any "justice".

But this... This ******er looked up how long it takes? and then checked during lunch and still left him there?

If this is all true... then this guy is the most *advertiser censored**ing hideous excuse for a human being, ever. To plan and deliberately leave a tiny child like that to BAKE to death??!!!!

OMG I can't even deal with thinking about that. :furious:

It satisfies justice for the VICTIM and prevents more deaths. This child is dead today because people felt pity for the child killers instead of a sense of advocacy for the killed child. It sets a dangerous precedent and sadly I doubt this is the first time.

What kind of person forgets a baby?

The wealthy do, it turns out. And the poor, and the middle class. Parents of all ages and ethnicities do it. Mothers are just as likely to do it as fathers. It happens to the chronically absent-minded and to the fanatically organized, to the college-educated and to the marginally literate. In the last 10 years, it has happened to a dentist. A postal clerk. A social worker. A police officer. An accountant. A soldier. A paralegal. An electrician. A Protestant clergyman. A rabbinical student. A nurse. A construction worker. An assistant principal. It happened to a mental health counselor, a college professor and a pizza chef. It happened to a pediatrician. It happened to a rocket scientist.

Last year it happened three times in one day, the worst day so far in the worst year so far in a phenomenon that gives no sign of abating.

The facts in each case differ a little, but always there is the terrible moment when the parent realizes what he or she has done, often through a phone call from a spouse or caregiver. This is followed by a frantic sprint to the car. What awaits there is the worst thing in the world.

Each instance has its own macabre signature. One father had parked his car next to the grounds of a county fair; as he discovered his son’s body, a calliope tootled merrily beside him. Another man, wanting to end things quickly, tried to wrestle a gun from a police officer at the scene. Several people -- including Mary Parks of Blacksburg -- have driven from their workplace to the day-care center to pick up the child they’d thought they’d dropped off, never noticing the corpse in the back seat.

Then there is the Chattanooga, Tenn., business executive who must live with this: His motion-detector car alarm went off, three separate times, out there in the broiling sun. But when he looked out, he couldn’t see anyone tampering with the car. So he remotely deactivated the alarm and went calmly back to work.

I guess it does happen to others who have had the same thing happen.

I really think that even with a full diaper, if the child is fully clothed, totally still and in a carseat it's not going to produce the odor you think it would.

When we're done changing a diaper, we wrap it up and tape it shut with the diaper tape, once the room clears, there is again no odor coming from the diaper.

I saw that the first time.

Like I said, I don't believe that this man in a matter of 3 minutes, from strapping him in after breakfast, to his parking lot, forgot he had a baby with him. I also don't believe for a second that a child that was dead, and likely did have a full diaper, inside a car that at the time was well over 100 degrees, did not emit an odor. We can agree to disagree, but nobody will convince me that this man forgot he had a baby in a few minutes time.

It's actually a few blocks away I believe... I think it was said yesterday that he doesn't work at the site that has the daycare on premise.

I had read that it's daycare providing by his work, is what I mean by "onsite." Is that wrong? I read that a few days ago, so the information could be updated by now.

It was in center which I feel makes it harder to tell personally . There is a pic of him strapped in a red carseat if you google Cooper harris. Not sure when it was taken or how old he was in the photo but you can see how much extra room is in the car seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL