GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop bickering. State your opinion and move on.

LE has indicated there is a lot more to this case than just forgetting a child in a car. That means it is open for discussion. If you don't accept LE's information, that's fine, move past the posts that wish to discuss it. But don't browbeat each other.

Salem

I looked at the video, and the news reporter says that 'a lot has changed' since the initial report of being left in the car. He seems to be following this story closely and speaking with officers.

One question that he asked the officer was if there was a stop after leaving work and then pulling into the parking lot/calling 911. The officer said that they cannot say if there was a stop along the way or if it was a direct trip.

I believe the Harris Home is not too far from the Akers Mill Shopping Center. Therefore, it is possible Ross Harris did not drive straight from work and pull over at that spot. If this is a cover-up, he may have gone home and then to the shopping center. Do we know where he parked at work that day? Is it confirmed he drove that SUV to the office?

I expect the Autopsy and Time of Death will be very telling. I also wouldn't be surprised if the mother also faces some charges.

This is very sad. RIP little Cooper.

I'm very eager to see what LE had that led to his arrest. Would love to see security footage of his vehicle.

He is a web developer, he wouldn't be dumb enough to look it up on his home computer.

Perhaps, they found deleted searches.

He's charged with felony murder which includes cruelty to a child.

He is a web developer, he wouldn't be dumb enough to look it up on his home computer.

Perhaps, they found deleted searches.

He's charged with felony murder which includes cruelty to a child.

What they found was in his office, not his home, that led to the need for a search warrant.

In the article linked by Patience, the statement is made twice that leads me to believe little Cooper died from heat... however, SOMETHING has led the police to charge the dad with felony murder. I know the complete autopsy results are not released, but coming from this msm article, again the way I read it, seems that heat is the COD. Anyone else get that?

I read somewhere that dad normally parked in a parking garage, but this day he was in an outlying lot with no cover - somewhere he'd never parked before. If true, coupled with whatever evidence was located with the search warrants, this speaks to me of planning.

In the article linked by Patience, the statement is made twice that leads me to believe little Cooper died from heat... however, SOMETHING has led the police to charge the dad with felony murder. I know the complete autopsy results are not released, but coming from this msm article, again the way I read it, seems that heat is the COD. Anyone else get that?

I read somewhere that dad normally parked in a parking garage, but this day he was in an outlying lot with no cover - somewhere he'd never parked before. If true, coupled with whatever evidence was located with the search warrants, this speaks to me of planning.

Interesting.

From your link
"Public safety advocates say these are usually accidents and happen to the most loving and protective parents of every color and socioeconomic background."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's certainly my observation, just from reading years of these.

[modsnip]

The fact is, very very rarely, parents do forget their babies in cars and the babies die.

Stating flatly that it's inexcusable doesn't help find solutions. Recognizing that rarely it DOES happen and working backward to understand the events leading up to the death, to find the situations where it is most likely to occur, and then devising methods to make it harder to absentmindedly leave a baby in a hot car is how to make this even rarer. [modsnip]

We should keep in mind, in this case, police don't believe the father was in fact absentminded so all this discussion centered around forgetfulness doesn't appear to apply in this case.

How do you expect ME to help other people not forgot their kids? Is it my responsibility now? How on earth does my opinion (going either direction) prevent or "help" another parent do their job?

I don't accept "trends." It's up to the parent to slow down and not forget their children. I'm not going to allow trends to absolve guilt in the death of children. Sorry, not going to happen. I am NOT part of the problem here, and neither is my opinion.

I don't get what would lead them to his office, other than to ask coworkers about his day, but consider the time. How many were still there? I admit I haven't paid close attention in the past to cases like this... I do remember a mother that worked at a school, bringing breakfast for a meeting and forgetting her child. I don't remember search warrants at all. I don't ever remember charges of felony murder.

I have friends that work at corporate- both locations... it's really hard not to call and bug them!

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

How do you expect ME to help other people not forgot their kids? Is it my responsibility now? How on earth does m,y opinion (going either direction) prevent or "help" another parent do their job?

I don't accept "trends." It's up to the parent to slow down and not forget their children. I'm not going to allow trends to absolve guilt in the death of children. Sorry, not going to happen. I am NOT part of the problem here, and neither is my opinion.

:loveyou::loveyou::cheers::cheers::cheers:

BINGO!

"If you are driving a child, after you put them in a back seat – in a car seat, booster or buckled in with a seat belt – put your left shoe back there too. I bet you will never forget your precious cargo."

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...4/06/20/tell-mel-neverleft-campaign/11102697/

That's a really good idea. Again, speaking statistically, this seems to happen mostly on the way to work. The morning routine is beginning, the parents mind is on work matters, and the day ahead, and they forget to stop by daycare.

I don't get what would lead them to his office, other than to ask coworkers about his day, but consider the time. How many were still there? I admit I haven't paid close attention in the past to cases like this... I do remember a mother that worked at a school, bringing breakfast for a meeting and forgetting her child. I don't remember search warrants at all. I don't ever remember charges of felony murder.

I have friends that work at corporate- both locations... it's really hard not to call and bug them!

I think this happened at 4:20 p.m., so I think most co-workers would still be there. I would like to know, too, what made them immediately go search his workspace.

How do you expect ME to help other people not forgot their kids? Is it my responsibility now? How on earth does my opinion (going either direction) prevent or "help" another parent do their job?

I agree with you. I don't care there is NO Excuse in forgetting your child in the car!!! NONE! and it's not my job to remind parents.

This is the case I remember. No charges filed.
similar case... SUV, forgotten for hours...
but this one was found by someone else while still in the car.

The Harris baby had to have other signs of abuse!
moo
The mother of a 2-year-old Ohio girl who died in the family sport utility vehicle while she went into work will not be prosecuted for the child's death.

"A mistake is not a crime," Clermont County Prosecutor Don White said.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3570651x

This is the case I remember. No charges filed.
similar case... SUV, forgotten for hours...
but this one was found by someone else while still in the car.

The Harris baby had to have other signs of abuse!

The mother of a 2-year-old Ohio girl who died in the family sport utility vehicle while she went into work will not be prosecuted for the child's death.

"A mistake is not a crime," Clermont County Prosecutor Don White said.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3570651x

We had a baby die last year here in a nearby high tech firm parking lot (sorry, I forget which one!) and no charges were filed. It was sad and tragic but as Don White says, a mistake is not a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya