GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Detective said they have the record of a 6 min. phone call, he was seen on the phone by other witnesses at the scene yet, he claims he made no calls. Also 2 other phone calls, one to Leanna and one to his work that neither were answered. He obviously is trying to conceal the phone calls. I am guessing that they already know who he spoke to at day care and the content of the conversation.

Maybe he called one of his sexting partners and said something like " hey guess what, i don't have to babysit this weekend after all, so i'm free to rendezvous' . :( They surely know the source and spoke to the other party of the 6 minute phone call that did not take place. 6 minutes is a pretty long phone call for middle of the day and not your long lost friend or parent.

JMO but maybe his attorneys figured Ross had already been caught in several lies and it would look better for his case if he was upfront and admitted how he spent his day. Public opinion of RH is already low so the attorneys may be trying to convince people that their client isn't the lying sociopath he appears to be at his point.

I wonder why the defense concedes the messages are his. I am sure they are but it seems like a stupid defense strategy to concede that now. His pics (face) must be in the messages bc if he used fake pics or even pics of his male anatomy, it would be difficult to tie it to him without more evidence with isp numbers, etc. defense could have said his phone was stolen or he left it out and someone got a hold of it and used this messaging service, or that his phone was hacked. He could have said he left his phone out and maybe a friend pulled a prank and did the messaging. They could at east have raised some objection just to keep the evidence out. It woud likely come in later of course since I am sure LE could prove such a story wrong, but keeping out the sexting evidence would have done wonders as far as his gathering public sympathy. You would think the defense would have done all it could to keep that out or at least make it out to be that he did not do that

That is why I think his picture of his face has to be in those messages

How did that car sit all day in a parking lot and no one saw Cooper strapped into his carseat? It has been said his head was visible above the top of the seat and from most viewing angles. The windows are tinted but they are a light tint and I would think at some point Cooper would have been making some kind of noise. Was this lot one not used much, meaning not many people walking to and from their vehicles? Or was Cooper somehow concealed? Maybe a jacket or sweater casually tossed over the top of the seat blocking view from outside? Or a blanket?

I cannot figure out how no one was near enough to the vehicle at some point throughout the day to notice something amiss. IMO, there should have been several someones who might have been close enough to glance inside. I wonder how no one noticed anything if the car sat there for 7 hours.

When I'm walking pass cars in a parking lot I don't normally look into them
as I pass!

I am trying to imagine how a conversation about killing the baby could transpire between a husband and wife. If either one was sane, it would end in a huge argument, a call to the police, a call to an attorney to fight for custody, or all three.

I know there is a lot more involved here than just these things, but - how much, if any, would opinions differ if he actually had a seemingly valid reason for the searches on dying from being left in a car, the sites about dead people, etc., such as being a member of Websleuths or a similar site?

I know that's not the case or we would have heard it long ago, but I keep thinking that he would have been much smarter to use something like that to cover up wome of his stupid mistakes. MOO

I have felt like I have been back working my logic puzzle books:gaah:What time did the train leave the station to arrive at the next town and how many people were on said train,lol.

I used to throw up my hands and say I dunno....I don't even know these people on these trains,lol.

:floorlaugh: I love you nana, you crack me up and usually right when I need it!

I think he would need to prove it, if he tried saying the searches were due to WS or something else (writing a book, i.e) and computers would tell the true story.

I know there is a lot more involved here than just these things, but - how much, if any, would opinions differ if he actually had a seemingly valid reason for the searches on dying from being left in a car, the sites about dead people, etc., such as being a member of Websleuths or a similar site?

I know that's not the case or we would have heard it long ago, but I keep thinking that he would have been much smarter to use something like that to cover up wome of his stupid mistakes. MOO

I think he did not think he would be caught so he did not try to delete too much.....He thought folks would think it was an accident...but that website visit of what temps would be pretty much cooked his goose.

When I'm walking pass cars in a parking lot I don't normally look into them
as I pass!

It must be the norm to not look. I guess I am abnormal, LOL.

But apparently people besides me do look--we hear every now and then of someone who noticed a child or a pet locked up in a parked car. In a public parking lot I would think there would be a certain percentage of abnormals--meaning those who do look.

But apparently people besides me do look--we hear every now and then of someone who noticed a child or a pet locked up in a parked car. In a public parking lot I would think there would be a certain percentage of abnormals--meaning those who do look.

I look also...I went shopping Thursday and could hardly walk past any car without looking terrified I would see a young child or baby in a car......I was so on edge after this case....breaks my heart.

I definitely notice the front seats...people, dogs, etc. I don't think I would generally look to the back...not on a regular basis. And then, too, it's different if it's a high traffic parking lot, like at the mall, or grocery store. More apt to have someone notice something because there are so many more people. Not sure how the parking lot was, but if it's an office building only lot, most people probably don't leave until the end of the day.

By lunch time, when people went out, there probably wasn't any sound to hear.

By lunch time, when people went out, there probably wasn't any sound to hear.

And the windows had some tint to them, and he backed in, and Cooper was scrunched down into the seat because it was an infant seat...

I think I read up thread ( way in the beginning) that he parked in the visitors lot, rather than the usual employee lot. If this is true he was making sure that it was unlikely that anyone would see his son by walking past the car.

I "think" RH drove past a space, backed up, then pulled in.

I am of the belief he wanted Cooper found while at work.

Great point! Maybe he wasn't planning on a big public reaction at all. Maybe he was hoping for Cooper to be spotted by people going to their car at lunch time. That could explain why his acting sucked so badly...he was not prepared for the scene that unfolded at the mall. I think this is extremely plausible.

I have felt like I have been back working my logic puzzle books:gaah:What time did the train leave the station to arrive at the next town and how many people were on said train,lol.

I used to throw up my hands and say I dunno....I don't even know these people on these trains,lol.

:floorlaugh::lol:

Great point! Maybe he wasn't planning on a big public reaction at all. Maybe he was hoping for Cooper to be spotted by people going to their car at lunch time. That could explain why his acting sucked so badly...he was not prepared for the scene that unfolded at the mall. I think this is extremely plausible.

I think so too. He reportedly stopped to watch a passerby that walked close to the vehicle and if his demeanor did not change as he did that I would be inclined to think he was hoping the passerby would notice something.

Since learning of Cooper's death, I am now making a point of looking in cars in lots. I have started a new habit. I figure it's the least I can do in memory of Cooper. Texas has the highest number of child hyperthermia deaths in cars in the country. And where I live it is hot 9 months of the year and only slightly less hot the other 3 months.

Two thoughts that popped into my mind while trying to catch up. Someone upthread mentioned the bonnet or shade that's on top of infant car seats, my kids would reach up and pull the entire thing down over their head/face and play peek-a-boo with anyone in the car. I don't know if Cooper's brand of car seat had snaps or something that prevented it from being pulled completely forward...but it makes me wonder if it was even on the car seat that morning. Wouldn't it have been in the way if he was too tall for the seat? The seats my kids used when they were infants, I could remove the bonnet thingy for cleaning or washing.

My second thought was regarding him being dropped off at his car by his friends at lunch time. Was it his plan for his friends to notice Cooper in the car and that be it? If so, what sort of "friend" does that? Even thinks that? To put them through that, I can't comprehend. My heart goes out to the strangers that did witness the discovery.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member