GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly an adult may have a higher heat tolerance than a toddler. Also do we know how Cooper was dressed that day? Was he wearing a coat in the morning? Where the video was done may also have different humidity than where in Georgia Cooper died. All factors to consider.

My daughter who is 13 is extremely heat sensitive. She's almost passed out at the county fair a couple of times from the heat.

I am too. I simply don't perspire, I overheat & pass out. If I got outside when it's super hot, I take a mister with me. It helps a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were stopped due to the death of the child in the car, the woman who adopted young brothers and beat one of them to death and the woman who put her son on a plane to a Russian with a note. I don't understand your line of thinking? Are you saying because the Russians have issues with RAD, it makes it okay that people adopt Russian children only to kill them later? Also, RAD was a huge issue at one point because of the huge influx of babies conceived through rape during the war in the former Yugoslavia. I can't imagine our foster system would fair much better if it happened here.

Here's info on the date Russia passed a bill banning adoptions to the US...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/28/world/europe/russia-us-adoptions/

This is getting way off topic though! Shouldn't we be focusing on Cooper Harris and other hot cars deaths?

Yes, I agree we should get back on topic. The point of the article was to show that people forget and accidents happen -- even accidents that involve precious babies. So, the question remains, will the prosecution be able to show that this was not a mere accident, but criminal negligence or worse. Thanks for refocusing the convo -- seriously.

They were stopped due to the death of the child in the car, the woman who adopted young brothers and beat one of them to death and the woman who put her son on a plane to a Russian with a note. I don't understand your line of thinking? Are you saying because the Russians have issues with RAD, it makes it okay that people adopt Russian children only to kill them later? Also, RAD was a huge issue at one point because of the huge influx of babies conceived through rape during the war in the former Yugoslavia. I can't imagine our foster system would fair much better if it happened here.

Here's info on the date Russia passed a bill banning adoptions to the US...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/28/world/europe/russia-us-adoptions/

This is getting way off topic though! Shouldn't we be focusing on Cooper Harris and other hot cars deaths?

There is no shortage of homemade RAD and related attachment issues right here. IMO

I am too. I simply don't perspire, I overheat & pass out. If I got outside when it's super hot, I take a mister with me. It helps a lot!

You percolate too huh?
It sucks!
My daughter even sweats like a guy, which used to embarrass her when she was younger.
Then one day when working in the yard, she watched me not sweat. I turn bright red my heart races and then I go pale and crash. I have to get where it's cool and drink salt water or I'll start getting leg cramps.
I didn't even sweat! Why do I need salt?

Either way, heat will get you if you aren't used to it.
My son runs 3 miles when.it's 102° outside.
I try to tell him... he's 21 he already knows everything.

BUT ROSCOE... you researched it. You watched the vet sweat his balls off and tell you how hard it was to breathe.
While you played on your phone with the "hot" little girl.
Your child baked in your car.
moo

Negligence should be a given. Even criminal negligence, considering the outcome. You place the child in the car, you are responsible for his safety to the best of your ability. This precludes another car hitting you, but should include things like the child getting free due to improper buckling, or being left behind to die, for instance. It was within RH's power to safely deliver his child to daycare, but he did not...for whatever reason. To me, that is enough for criminal negligence, though the law may not agree. I am probably wishing a bit.

Now to show intent is going to be much more difficult, I think. For me, the prosecutor may have a harder time showing he set this all up to the satisfaction of a jury, than the defense will be in turning into "something that could happen to anyone", unless Mom speaks up or the computers uncover more intent-leaning evidence.

As of what we know right now, the defense has its two worst challenges in his sexting relationships/activity, and the google searches. But if jurors don't want to believe a parent could plan a horrible death of their baby in such a gruesome manner, I could see them bypassing those two issues and not being able to conclude intent. All jmo

It is unfathomable to even think a parent could plan something like this.
IMO some have, and they got away with it.

The thought of that.happening scares the crud out of me! To think they may have gotten love and support and understanding for murdering their child.
~shudder.

Now to show intent is going to be much more difficult, I think. For me, the prosecutor may have a harder time showing he set this all up to the satisfaction of a jury, than the defense will be in turning into "something that could happen to anyone", unless Mom speaks up or the computers uncover more intent-leaning evidence.

rsbm: Unless they upgrade the charges, they do not have to prove intent.

Negligence should be a given. Even criminal negligence, considering the outcome. You place the child in the car, you are responsible for his safety to the best of your ability. This precludes another car hitting you, but should include things like the child getting free due to improper buckling, or being left behind to die, for instance. It was within RH's power to safely deliver his child to daycare, but he did not...for whatever reason. To me, that is enough for criminal negligence, though the law may not agree. I am probably wishing a bit.

As of what we know right now, the defense has its two worst challenges in his sexting relationships/activity, and the google searches. But if jurors don't want to believe a parent could plan a horrible death of their baby in such a gruesome manner, I could see them bypassing those two issues and not being able to conclude intent. All jmo

I thought with the current charges the DA doesn't even have to prove intent?

COBB COUNTY, Ga. — Attention has shifted to the mother of a 22-month-old child who died after his father left him in a hot car.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/06/dad-hot-car-death/12274643/

Here's the quote from the picture caption on the first page (bibm):

Investigators say after Cooper Harris died after being left in a hot car by his father Ross Harris, his mother Leanna had no reaction and asked her husband after court if he had "said too much" to prosecutors. VPC

wth?

"Even with allegations Ross Harris was leading a double life, former classmate K R says she refuses to rush to judgment. She hopes the rest of the community will take a step back and do the same.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2014/07/06/cooper-harris-hot-car-death/12275975/

"Police could have intentionally waited until after Harris' hearing to arrest Leanna, wanting her to be in the courtroom to*hear about his alleged double life.*Stoddard testified Ross has been sexting multiple women, even an underage girl."

So they gave mom a pass...
one.

moo

A witness at the scene made comments about it ...

"I know he was in the car seat but when the dad placed him on the ground his legs stayed in the same sitting position, as if he was laying on the ground with his knees up in the air stiff. It wasn't natural."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-car-toddler-son-died-way.html#ixzz36ld1bWQq

Thank you. I know. But the OP said "This was stated during the hearing." I don't remember hearing during the PCH at all.

Thank you. I know. But the OP said "This was stated during the hearing." I don't remember hearing during the PCH at all.
I have to agree. I read EVERY TRANSCRIPT from CNN on JULY 3 2014
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/2014.07.03.html
and I didn't see it mentioned in the court proceedings.
I could have sworn I watched and heard that discussion and that Stoddard said it, but I got nuthin. [emoji51]
My eyes hurt.

hmm. I just thought of something. This is purely speculation and MOO.

The sexting finished at 3pm and he sent a text to his friends saying he would be late to the movies about 45 minutes after this. Perhaps a hookup was arranged with one of the people he was sexting. Maybe that's why he said he was going to be late. It would be another opportunity for someone to find Cooper, but the plan failed when he had to pull over due to the smell.

hmm. I just thought of something. This is purely speculation and MOO.

The sexting finished at 3pm and he sent a text to his friends saying he would be late to the movies about 45 minutes after this. Perhaps a hookup was arranged with one of the people he was sexting. Maybe that's why he said he was going to be late. It would be another opportunity for someone to find Cooper, but the plan failed when he had to pull over due to the smell.

He was gonna let a random hook-up find Cooper and sell THAT to LE and his family/friends/church?. If anything could possibly be worse for him than the way this actually went down, that would be it ;)

He was gonna let a random hook-up find Cooper and sell THAT to LE and his family/friends/church?. If anything could possibly be worse for him than the way this actually went down, that would be it ;)

no, he was somewhere having his hook up, then a random person passing by finds him. It's very unlikely to be the case but I thought I'd put it out there.

no, he was somewhere having his hook up, then a random person passing by finds him. It's very unlikely to be the case but I thought I'd put it out there.

okay, same objections lol. Not trying to dissuade you from putting your theory out there. I just think this one is a "no way."

okay, same objections lol. Not trying to dissuade you from putting your theory out there. I just think this one is a "no way."

I do too, but if someone had floated a theory involving sexting a week ago they probably would have been met with the same response!

I'm wondering.... Where he normally parked, and if there were closer parking spots available ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member