GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, while being interviewed he told LE all about the specifics on the car seat and its use. He clearly knew the correct way to use it imo.

Exactly. The father was intentionally misusing the car seat. I'm not sure how much more the prosecution needed to emphasize that point. The straps were wrong, the position was wrong. Intentionally wrong.

JMO

But the child was strapped into the car seat. My bet is that he was strapped in enough that they could see the imprint in the autopsy.

But He was indeed strapped in.

I will continue to hold the opinion the shoulder straps were not buckled.

JMO

MOO - RH had the seat set on the infant setting and the straps good and tight to prevent Cooper from popping up or leaning up and possibly causing someone to note a blur of movement in the backseat. But I do agree, many parents whose intent is not to leave their child to cook in a hot vehicle are strapping their children in improperly or using the wrong seat because of ignorance.

I just don't believe RH is one of them, but you can be sure that is the argument defense will use. There will be carseat experts, etc called at trial. Watch.

ITA. I doubt the defense will try to use this argument considering the length the prosecution went to in the hearing to show the guy wasn't acting out of ignorance of car safety, and that he was acting out of foresight to murder.

JMO

Yep. And that's why I don't think there should be much concentration on how he was buckled, but only how visible he and his seat was. It's going to be too damn hard to prove that the buckling was deliberately sinister.
I thought that was the reason for the the 2nd charge.
Because he had strapped Cooper in so darn tight.

Shows malice and intent to me.

Cruelty to Children-Criminal Negligence/Causes Excessive Physical/Mental Pain - 2nd Degree (Felony)

moo

not sure why it's being debating if the child was strapped in or not, still backreading, but regardless if he was strapped in our not (and those who say he was removed from the car prior to LE being there are correct and we don't know if he was witnessed removing straps by witnesses)

MOO the point is moot. Strapped into seat, in seat but not strapped because before exiting vehicle at work RH undid the straps. Either way it still translates to the 22 month old child was left in the car for seven hours to die a horrific death.

Frankly if RH DID remove Cooper's straps (no way in hell BTW but even IF) why on earth would he ever reveal that as it would mean he did so on the drive to or after arriving at work prior to exiting the vehicle which would clearly illustrate that he was AWARE his son was there ad therefore premeditation.

So what is this all about??

Exactly. The father was intentionally misusing the car seat. I'm not sure how much more the prosecution needed to emphasize that point. The straps were wrong, the position was wrong. Intentionally wrong.

JMO
Except having the straps too low doesn't give him an advantage. It doesn't hold the child in tighter. So I'm not sure why he would intend for them to be so low.

I thought that was the reason for the the 2nd charge.
Because he had strapped Cooper in so darn tight.

Shows malice and intent to me.

Cruelty to Children-Criminal Negligence/Causes Excessive Physical/Mental Pain - 2nd Degree (Felony)

moo
See, I'd think that would be the roasting alive in a hot car.

there was sworn testimony that RH told in great detail and with great specificity as to how at Chick Fil A he strapped Cooper in tightly to the carseat. It is in the media thread in the CNN transcripts for the hearing. That is a fact. That tesimony ocurred. Whether RH was truthful or not that is what the officer swore RH told him - again with great specificity

He isn't on video buckling the straps nor was there testimony to it.

JMO

Yes there was. The detective testified to it.

He was strapped in. There is no doubt. If the child was not strapped in he would have been climbing all over the car to get out. He had to strap him in to make it look like he was forgotten. If he didn't. Then he can not claim that he forgot the child.

not sure why it's being debating if the child was strapped in or not, still backreading, but regardless if he was strapped in our not (and those who say he was removed from the car prior to LE being there are correct and we don't know if he was witnessed removing straps by witnesses)

MOO the point is moot. Strapped into seat, in seat but not strapped because before exiting vehicle at work RH undid the straps. Either way it still translates to the 22 month old child was left in the car for seven hours to die a horrific death.

Frankly if RH DID remove Cooper's straps (no way in hell BTW but even IF) why on earth would he ever reveal that as it would mean he did so on the drive to or after arriving at work prior to exiting the vehicle which would clearly illustrate that he was AWARE his son was there ad therefore premeditation.

So what is this all about??

With the straps in the newborn position, it would be impossible to buckle them. The only purpose would be to use the straps to tightly secure him to the seat while he was being suffocated in the hot car. The buckle prevents ejection from the seat in a car accident. Not being buckled enabled the baby to struggle in his seat and that's how he got the abrasions on his head. It goes to premeditation. Not sure why some want to argue about it.

JMO

With the straps in the newborn position, it would be impossible to buckle them. The only purpose would be to use the straps to tightly secure him to the seat while he was being suffocated in the hot car. The buckle prevents ejection from the seat in a car accident. Not being buckled enabled the baby to struggle in his seat and that's how he got the abrasions on his head. It goes to premeditation. Not sure why some want to argue about it.

JMO

Being buckled really tight does not prevent a baby from moving his head or scratching his face.

As a matter of fact, his head and his arms were probably the only parts of his body he could move well. And I think THAT explains his injuries.

JMO

I can't get the video to load, was he strapping him in in the car or did he take the seat off the base at all? If he removed the seat from the base at all, that will be really damning. If he were still in the habit of removing the seat from the car, then it would have been really hard not to notice he was still there. The seat is a lot more visible than just the base.

He put Cooper in the vehicle, he stated he strapped him in tight, he went through a lilt spiel about how he'd watched youtube videos about car seat regulations and stuff and he knew this was the right car seat and the right way of doing it and he straps him in tight and Cooper gives him a kiss and he gives him a kiss back and he says he always gives him a kiss in case they get into a car accident and he dies. He wanted Cooper -- his last memory, Cooper to remember that he loved and that his daddy loved him.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html

He isn't on video buckling the straps nor was there testimony to it.

JMO

Other posters have provided links that state that Cooper was buckled in his car seat.

It appears that this repeated insistence that Cooper wasn't buckled in his car seat has become a good example of power posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper