GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. We need a thread for Ross supporters (the creepily religious or contrary for no good reason)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I AM NOT A ROSS SUPPORTER. I think they are both guilty as f*. I just think there is nothing deliberate about the seat choice other than maybe the rear facing part. I think the guilty because of misuse argument is silly, because, sadly, most parents misuse seats.

Even if the straps were not secured with the crotch buckle, I don't believe the child would have been able to get out of the car seat in that suffocatingly hot vehicle.

I will continue to believe the only purpose of using that car seat was that it was rear-facing and it was a premeditated murder.

JMO

I believe the same but the baby being strapped in is part of that murder. It has to be so if someone happened upon the car the baby would be exactly as he should have been. I would bet he did the straps extra tight so that he knew that Cooper could not wriggle out.

The similarities between these two cases has been mentioned...both couples planning a birthday party, both couples had trouble conceiving, both were church goers. The daytime temperatures were even close. But one additional thing I noticed was that that Luong had a premonition type feeling also. She told her Mom that "something was going to happen".

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/07/mother_of_baby_left_in_locked.html

Gabriella died in 2013, but is it possible the Harris's were thinking about murder even then, and modeled their "accident" around the circumstances of this one to the point of concocting premonitions, setting up a bogus birthday party etc.

I am not sure what that has to do with anything? But there is still plenty of adjuster strap to use. Even with the straps lower there would be room to put the child in.

It has everything to do with it which is why the prosecutor had the detective point it out in testimony. I'm not here to argue about the testimony. If you wish to view it as insignificant, sobeit.

JMO

I see some reasonable devils advocate or withholding of judgment, but there's also a good deal of arguing about details that aren't in dispute between the prosecution and defense.

Im sorry, Your posts don't make sense to me.:gaah:

I am completely confused by this.. Do you know how many murderers have kids? The kids have a right to a life whether or not their father is a monster.

Huh?

Yes. Murderers have children.

Yes. Kids have a right to life.

God has nothing to do with it. He didn't choose for Cooper to come to heaven as a 22 month old and he wouldn't will more babies to a murderer. What sort of God would do such a thing?

I AM NOT A ROSS SUPPORTER. I think they are both guilty as f*. I just think there is nothing deliberate about the seat choice other than maybe the rear facing part. I think the guilty because of misuse argument is silly, because, sadly, most parents misuse seats.
The thing is, while being interviewed he told LE all about the specifics on the car seat and its use. He clearly knew the correct way to use it imo.

MOO - RH had the seat set on the infant setting and the straps good and tight to prevent Cooper from popping up or leaning up and possibly causing someone to note a blur of movement in the backseat. But I do agree, many parents whose intent is not to leave their child to cook in a hot vehicle are strapping their children in improperly or using the wrong seat because of ignorance.

I just don't believe RH is one of them, but you can be sure that is the argument defense will use. There will be carseat experts, etc called at trial. Watch.

just arriving home from work and haven't backread but I am confused as to why what God would will or not is even being debated?

What is important in this case is what RH and possibly LH "willed" and caused to happen. Next thing you know the mods will be in here scolding us.

just arriving home from work and haven't backread but I am confused as to why what God would will or not is even being debated?

What is important in this case is what RH and possibly LH "willed" and caused to happen. Next thing you know the mods will be in here scolding us.

HA. If you figure it out please let me know.
It is irrelevant just superfluous.

The thing is, while being interviewed he told LE all about the specifics on the car seat and its use. He clearly knew the correct way to use it imo.
And it is possible he was following a certified tech's advice to go by the one inch rule, and not the manufacturers 30" guideline.

I believe the same but the baby being strapped in is part of that murder. It has to be so if someone happened upon the car the baby would be exactly as he should have been. I would bet he did the straps extra tight so that he knew that Cooper could not wriggle out.

Considering the father arrived extremely late for work, the chances of someone "happening" upon the car and noticing the baby behind the tinted windows was slim. And, in fact, it didn't happen.

JMO

And it is possible he was following a certified tech's advice to go by the one inch rule, and not the manufacturers 30" guideline.
This is for the car seat thread... not trying to be rude.

Considering the father arrived extremely late for work, the chances of someone "happening" upon the car and noticing the baby behind the tinted windows was slim. And, in fact, it didn't happen.

JMO

But the child was strapped into the car seat. My bet is that he was strapped in enough that they could see the imprint in the autopsy.

But He was indeed strapped in.

la_cavalière;10716017 said:
I was making the point that he may have very well parked forward and not backwards in the space. Most of the posters here keep insisting he backed up into the space, arguing that this shows he was trying to shield Cooper from view. I'm pointing out that based on the detective's wording, the info on which direction he parked in the space is unclear at the moment (although LE obviously knows from the video).

I seem to remember him being very specific about the way Justin would have had to look behind him while he backed in to the parking space.

MOO - RH had the seat set on the infant setting and the straps good and tight to prevent Cooper from popping up or leaning up and possibly causing someone to note a blur of movement in the backseat. But I do agree, many parents whose intent is not to leave their child to cook in a hot vehicle are strapping their children in improperly or using the wrong seat because of ignorance.

I just don't believe RH is one of them, but you can be sure that is the argument defense will use. There will be carseat experts, etc called at trial. Watch.

Yep. And that's why I don't think there should be much concentration on how he was buckled, but only how visible he and his seat was. It's going to be too damn hard to prove that the buckling was deliberately sinister.

The similarities between these two cases has been mentioned...both couples planning a birthday party, both couples had trouble conceiving, both were church goers. The daytime temperatures were even close. But one additional thing I noticed was that that Luong had a premonition type feeling also. She told her Mom that "something was going to happen".

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/07/mother_of_baby_left_in_locked.html

Gabriella died in 2013, but is it possible the Harris's were thinking about murder even then, and modeled their "accident" around the circumstances of this one to the point of concocting premonitions, setting up a bogus birthday party etc.

And if the theories that some of us have is correct (That RH was "working on" LH or vice versa), that would take some time; I don't think a year is too long, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper