GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being buckled really tight does not prevent a baby from moving his head or scratching his face.

As a matter of fact, his head and his arms were probably the only parts of his body he could move well. And I think THAT explains his injuries.

JMO

In my own personal experience, a baby doesn't receive abrasions to the back of his head just by moving it in a car seat.

With the straps in the newborn position, it would be impossible to buckle them. The only purpose would be to use the straps to tightly secure him to the seat while he was being suffocated in the hot car. The buckle prevents ejection from the seat in a car accident. Not being buckled enabled the baby to struggle in his seat and that's how he got the abrasions on his head. It goes to premeditation. Not sure why some want to argue about it.

JMO

No it wouldnt. The straps have an adjuster strap with lots of extra length for adjusting the straps.

Went looking for a map of the parking lot at The Treehouse and found a few photo's of JRH at work. I feel sorry for his co workers,

And in Goggle Earth it shows the front of the building It's much closer to the street than I thought, and you can see the parking lot in street view. There is a bridge that you cross to get to an automatic door to the building. I wonder if he had a window view from his workspace. In the back of the building it a natural setting, trees, grass, etc.

In my own personal experience, a baby doesn't receive abrasions to the back of his head just by moving it in a car seat.

A panicked thrashing about is how I picture it. Not a gentle movement at all.
And it appears LE agrees that's how he got the abrasions.

Whether he was strapped or not strapped, he left Cooper alone to die an agonizing death, I'm sure terrified, and wondering where mommy and daddy were.

Who is it & what are they discussing? TIA

I didn't catch her name, sorry. She is kind of dismissing the sexting, etc. I don't think this lady really knew the real Ross. I don't think many of his friends did. moo

ETA I will look for a video or transcript of the interview tomorrow.

Who is it & what are they discussing? TIA
Missed her name, but it looked like an older woman, Chris somebody discussing their infertility. Like he would be more committed to the marriage because of it. Then they went to commercial.

No it wouldnt. The straps have an adjuster strap with lots of extra length for adjusting the straps.

That's your opinion and if you want to discus the specs of the car seat, please take it to the car seat thread.

I don't know this to be true because the detective didn't say the straps could be adjusted easily. He emphasized they were in the lowest position and that the father was aware of proper placement and positioning.

JMO

I don't recall if the keyfit has eps foam, but if it doesn't, I can picture repeated and forceful head banging contributing. Car seats are typically rigid plastic with a thin layer of padding.

With the straps in the newborn position, it would be impossible to buckle them. The only purpose would be to use the straps to tightly secure him to the seat while he was being suffocated in the hot car. The buckle prevents ejection from the seat in a car accident. Not being buckled enabled the baby to struggle in his seat and that's how he got the abrasions on his head. It goes to premeditation. Not sure why some want to argue about it.

JMO

the straps are adjustable, so yes, they would indeed work in the instant position. If the straps had been lengthened to give a bit more play to account for his poor little shoulders although they would IMO have been hunched forward in an awkward uncomfortable position, it would only serve to make Cooper have a very uncomfortable ride. Or are you saying someone altered teh car seat to the infant (lowest tier of strap holes) position AFTER Cooper had been removed dead from the vehicle?

It seems as if everyone is in agreement that the strapping tightly in may go to premeditation so I am confused by the thing that is being argued because it feels like those debating are actually saying the same thing in different ways or something.

The child was strapped into the seat, per RH, tightly. Fact.
The officer described the carseat, upon examination, as being set up with the straps coming through the infant (lowest slot). Fact.

maybe I need :coffee: because I am lost as can be on this whole deal.

The autopsy will tell the story. Probably AR's of other toddlers who died in cars that show the same injuries. I haven't searched. I can't. :(

That's your opinion and if you want to discus the specs of the car seat, please take it to the car seat thread.

I don't know this to be true because the detective didn't say the straps could be adjusted easily. He emphasized they were in the lowest position and that the father was aware of proper placement and positioning.

JMO

It is not opinion. It is fact. AS per the detective and the video showing him being strapped in.

He could if he was in a frenzy or having a seizure.

Exactly. He wasn't simply moving his head against the back of the car seat - he was responding to the terrifying psychological distress and the horrific physical pain of heatstroke as the temps inside the car increased, as his own body temperature increased, and as his vital organs began to fail.

I can barely bring myself to imagine the torture he suffered.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...against-tight-car-seat-struggling-escape.html

During a hearing Thursday, Cobb County Police Department Detective Phil Stoddard told the court that several injuries were found on the toddler’s body, including visible marks on his face.

'It would have come from the child or a scratch being made while the child was alive and then not healing or scabbing over or anything after that, soon after he passed away,' said the officer.

There were also abrasions to the back of Cooper's head suggesting that the toddler was rubbing his head against the car seat in a desperate bid to get free.

Vet saying the when a pet is left in a car they destroy the car trying to get out. Claw themselves bloody.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member