GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming this was intentional and planned...I wonder if he (or they) decided this was a "passive" manner of getting rid of their baby, i.e leave him to his chances (or to "God's will" maybe in their case) and then they would not feel they had personally killed him. Instead they could tell themselves he was "taken" by God.

Who knows??? I suspect you could be right though...never in a million years could I think like they apparently have..

Could the injuries on the back of the head have been administered by the parents? Maybe they were beating Cooper?

Good question. All we know is that Stoddard testified to them being fresh and not scabbed over like an older beginning to heal injury.

He watched the video of the hot car temps FIVE DAYS before Cooper died. Did we know this yet?

Five days before Cooper died, Ross Harris twice viewed a sort of homemade public service announcement in which a veterinarian demonstrates on video the dangers of leaving someone or something inside a hot car.

http://wqad.com/2014/07/07/warrants-issued-in-pursuit-of-more-details-about-dad-whose-toddler-son-died-in-hot-car/

except didn't Stoddard testify to the abrasions being caused pre death and not post death at the hearing?

Yes, you are remembering correctly. Stoddard said the wounds happened while Cooper was alive, shortly before he died because they hadn't started healing.

God, I hated even typing that but Det Stoddard witnessed that AND the autopsy

I believe our own Joypath (who is verified by the way) stated these were not post mortem injuries to little Cooper....and she alluded to the fact he could/would have been able to injure himself in his attempt to try to find some relief from............. you fill in the rest...I cannot....I just cannot bear what this little child had to deal with before his death.:tantrum:

the straps are adjustable, so yes, they would indeed work in the instant position. If the straps had been lengthened to give a bit more play to account for his poor little shoulders although they would IMO have been hunched forward in an awkward uncomfortable position, it would only serve to make Cooper have a very uncomfortable ride. Or are you saying someone altered teh car seat to the infant (lowest tier of strap holes) position AFTER Cooper had been removed dead from the vehicle?

It seems as if everyone is in agreement that the strapping tightly in may go to premeditation so I am confused by the thing that is being argued because it feels like those debating are actually saying the same thing in different ways or something.

The child was strapped into the seat, per RH, tightly. Fact.
The officer described the carseat, upon examination, as being set up with the straps coming through the infant (lowest slot). Fact.

maybe I need :coffee: because I am lost as can be on this whole deal.

BBM. No, I'm not stating the lowest tier of straps were adjusted after his death. I'm stating the straps were never properly adjusted because the only purpose of using that car seat was because it was rear-facing and this was premeditated murder. I'm saying Harris forgot to adjust the straps in his premeditated plan.

Detective testimony noted the lowest strapped position. They noted Cooper was too tall for the car seat. Where did they say the straps were adjusted? They didn't. They did make it clear they didn't believe RH's statements, didn't they? If you want to believe the guy was truthful when he said he properly secured the child in the car seat, that's fine with me. I think he's a liar and this was totally premeditated.

JMO

Or from being laid on the hot cement and the reviving efforts if chest compressions...IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The injuries weren't post mortem though. How else could he have hurt his head while in the car?

He put Cooper in the vehicle, he stated he strapped him in tight, he went through a lilt spiel about how he'd watched youtube videos about car seat regulations and stuff and he knew this was the right car seat and the right way of doing it and he straps him in tight and Cooper gives him a kiss and he gives him a kiss back and he says he always gives him a kiss in case they get into a car accident and he dies. He wanted Cooper -- his last memory, Cooper to remember that he loved and that his daddy loved him.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html

Thanks isn't enough!

Stoddard testified to this; he testifies that there is video corroborating RH's own statement that he buckled CH in tight (because he's such a protective, over-vigilant dad who constantly worried about the safety of his son... oh, and he was a super sweet dad that made sure his son knew every day that he loved him so they kissed) right before he killed him. (The part in parentheses would be an example of "saying too much", btw). RH's statement was further corroborated by the confirmed positioning of the straps upon examination by LE, as Stoddard testified that they were in the smallest/tightest position.

Stoddard may not have seen it with his own eyes, there may not be photos or super-focused video that shows CH strapped in; however, Stoddard seemed fairly consistent in stating what the evidence showed, what statements were made by RH, and in acknowledging what information was not available to him at the time. IMO, it's fair to concede that he knows that CH was strapped in. As others have stated, the autopsy may have confirmed that already.

In my own experience, it would not be at all impossible to do; just possibly difficult to do and probably uncomfortable for the child -- depends on how much strap there is to play with. In my own experience, (and this will be only carseat comment for the non-carseat thread) I had more trouble loosening & tightening FF seats (seems the extra strap length would always get caught on something behind the back; I'd have to remove, loosen & free strap, & reinstall).

ETA: I think it's great when parents are super-vigilant about car seat safety; I think it's great when parents let their kids know every day they are loved -- both "just in case" AND because it's just... good. I'm not criticizing those parents who do that... just the ones who brag about it after killing their child.
JMO

My opinion, leaving the child in the car is basically the perfect method to get away with murder. Most people who forgot their child in the car (or claim they forgotten their child) get away with it. And in fact get sympathy and donations from the community.

I agree, I don't think religion plays any part in this. There have been cases of mentally-unstable, fanatical, deluded people who have killed or harmed their children for religious reasons - demonic possessions, sacrifices, honour killings, mercy killings because they think the child will be better off in heaven - but I don't think this is one of them. Nope, this stinks of pure selfishness and materialism to me.

Former University of Alabama classmate Kris*** R**** says she knew Harris from 2010 to 2012, when they graduated. "He was a very family-oriented, nice, genuinely great guy," she told TODAY. "He was very computer-savvy, he was able to help me out on projects when I needed it. ...He was very outgoing, he would tell jokes, he was the life of the class."
http://m.today.com/news/police-scrutinize-mother-over-toddlers-death-hot-car-1D79887209
This woman was on the Today Show this morning.

*****funny thing, His child hadn't been born yet, so she really has no clue! imo

Member of the 15 minutes of fame club :wink:

My opinion, leaving the child in the car is basically the perfect method to get away with murder. Most people who forgot their child in the car (or claim they forgotten their child) get away with it. And in fact get sympathy and donations from the community.

Actually, about half of all parents who leave their children in hot cars are prosecuted.

I wish LE could/would release some things. I'd like to see the video where she says to him "did you say too much?", and the video of him going out to his car for example.

When the case goes to trial, all of the videos will be submitted into evidence and be shown to the Jury/Judge and likely in this high profile case.... the the streaming masses.

I believe our own Joypath (who is verified by the way) stated these were not post mortem injuries to little Cooper....and she alluded to the fact he could/would have been able to injure himself in his attempt to try to find some relief from............. you fill in the rest...I cannot....I just cannot bear what this little child had to deal with before his death.:tantrum:

My impression from LE was that the face & head injuries were self inflicted by Cooper as he struggled prior to his death.

That's why I agree with Chewy (and others) that all cases of negligence should be investigated & charges brought -- if they need to be dropped later, so be it, but those parents need to be scrutinized and their story better ring true. All these "accidents" make it too easy for people to plan one.

The injuries weren't post mortem though. How else could he have hurt his head while in the car?

Right, I think everyone needs to be clear, these were injuries that occurred while he was alive, but close to death because they bled, but did not begin to heal. Since the detective was at the autopsy, I'm sure he knows exactly how they were inflicted. They could not have occurred after his death.

I totally agree with you. Didn't this case start out with donations pouring in? Time long overdue to end this heinous practice.

Medical records for Harris and Cooper also will become a part of the investigation. Warrants served to Kaiser Permanente request all medical records for Harris for evidence of his health, medications and medical problems. During the hearing, Harris’ defense attorney said Harris was almost completely deaf in his right ear.

http://news.gnom.es/news/warrants-in-ga-hot-car-death-focus-on-electronic-trail

He watched the video of the hot car temps FIVE DAYS before Cooper died. Did we know this yet?

Five days before Cooper died, Ross Harris twice viewed a sort of homemade public service announcement in which a veterinarian demonstrates on video the dangers of leaving someone or something inside a hot car.

http://wqad.com/2014/07/07/warrants-issued-in-pursuit-of-more-details-about-dad-whose-toddler-son-died-in-hot-car/

Yes, his second viewing of that video by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper