GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The injuries weren't post mortem though. How else could he have hurt his head while in the car?

Any number of ways. Depending on where his head did rest on the back or shell of the seat, he could have rubbed his head to the point of bleeding. His fingers may have been able to reach behind his head (one child in a hot car death pulled her hair out). We don't have enough information yet to determine EXACTLY how; I imagine the ME's testimony will clear that up (barring any info released in the meantime).

Changing the subject, but it has been bugging me today..... what is the deal with RH making several purchases ($4K) in order to accumulate air miles? Seems the parents were having issues with financial matters & had outstanding loans. What is your thinking on why he would be making purchases to accumulate air miles??

It is just a quirky thing I picked up on. Any ideas?

Nancy Grace on now covering this story.

She claims BOMBSHELL, Prosecutor will be seeking the death penalty

except didn't Stoddard testify to the abrasions being caused pre death and not post death at the hearing?

I do recall, it being said that there wasn't any healing, that abrasions occurred close to TOD or after, that's how I took it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

la_cavalière;10716468 said:
Actually, about half of all parents who leave their children in hot cars are prosecuted.

I don't believe the "I forgot" excuse should ever be a reason not to prosecute nor should it be allowed as a defense. If a parent is too distracted, stressed, or in any way incapable of remembering their child, it is only a matter of time before the child meets danger in the face. At a minimum, all of these parents should be prosecuted for child neglect and their other children monitored by CPS.

JMO

la_cavalière;10716468 said:
Actually, about half of all parents who leave their children in hot cars are prosecuted.
Should be 100%, IMO.

(and don't be throwing stuff at me, I'm too tired)

Aw geez...Mr. Madden is on NG...this is the guy who testified at the hearing.

He is still saying "organic"

The only way for the baby to receive an abrasion to the back of his head is if he raised his body and the back of his head hit an un-padded portion of his car seat or one of the front seats six inches away. The seat was in the rear-facing position therefore there was only air and those car seats beyond it. The only way for a baby to raise his body upward in a car seat is if the straps are not buckled with the crotch strap. At no time did any detective testify that the child was properly secured in the car seat by the father.

JMO

That is simply not true.
That is not the only way.

You can get abrasions on the back of your head by simply lifting your head and pounding it backwards.

Hi, I added a link to this upthread in my post.

I posted it too, Nana. I was way behind. I should learn to read to the end first but I always forget what posts I wanted to answer. :blushing:

BBM. No, I'm not stating the lowest tier of straps were adjusted after his death. I'm stating the straps were never properly adjusted because the only purpose of using that car seat was because it was rear-facing and this was premeditated murder. I'm saying Harris forgot to adjust the straps in his premeditated plan.

Detective testimony noted the lowest strapped position. They noted Cooper was too tall for the car seat. Where did they say the straps were adjusted? They didn't. They did make it clear they didn't believe RH's statements, didn't they? If you want to believe the guy was truthful when he said he properly secured the child in the car seat, that's fine with me. I think he's a liar and this was totally premeditated.

JMO

Okay, thank you. So you do not feel Cooper was strapped in as it was impossible. I was very confused, having come in in the middle of a hotly debated subject. Thanks for clarifying so I could follow. And I agree with you, the seat was specifically selected so that it would be rear facing and no one bothered to adjust the straps to the proper position because he wasn't going to be in that seat for "long" because he would soon be dead.

So we are on the same page on some things, just coming from differing angles. I still disagree that it would be impossible to strap him in as you suggest but we are both in agreement as to why that seat was selected so on the rest I agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper