GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there was. The detective testified to it.

He was strapped in. There is no doubt. If the child was not strapped in he would have been climbing all over the car to get out. He had to strap him in to make it look like he was forgotten. If he didn't. Then he can not claim that he forgot the child.

I agree, the baby would have died elsewhere in the the car and not in the seat (and we know his stiff position showed he had been in the seat).

I swear I heard early on that when he pulled the car over in front of the pizza place a bystander helped him get the baby out of the car seat (I remember thinking why would it take two people to get him out of the seat?). I don't remember them saying that at the hearing so maybe it was a reporting error.

The injuries weren't post mortem though. How else could he have hurt his head while in the car?

Any number of ways. Depending on where his head did rest on the back or shell of the seat, he could have rubbed his head to the point of bleeding. His fingers may have been able to reach behind his head (one child in a hot car death pulled her hair out). We don't have enough information yet to determine EXACTLY how; I imagine the ME's testimony will clear that up (barring any info released in the meantime).

In addition, the child could have been holding a plastic or wooden toy and injured his face (and even the back of his head if the item got between his head and the seat). I'm not saying this happened like this.... but it could have. The child was probably fighting for his little life to get out/free.

MODS can we have a seperate thread for car seat general info such as recommended weight, height etc.

Sure - make one :). Posters can make threads in this forum with the understanding that if we have a lot of similar threads, they may be merged.

Thanks!

Salem

OOPS! I see Nursebeeme already set you up :) She is quick!

There is one of him sitting at a conference table with several people with open laptops.

I wonder how fast those photos are going to come down?

Changing the subject, but it has been bugging me today..... what is the deal with RH making several purchases ($4K) in order to accumulate air miles? Seems the parents were having issues with financial matters & had outstanding loans. What is your thinking on why he would be making purchases to accumulate air miles??

It is just a quirky thing I picked up on. Any ideas?

I used to work in lending & finance and I can't tell you how many times I heard that as an explanation for why people were in so much credit card debt -- their plan was always to get all the perks by charging everything and then pay it off.... except that allowed them to not keep track of their spending and go hog wild in most cases.... not all cases though; some people can do that and manage quite nicely.

I can't remember if this has been verified, but I thought he bought an expensive guitar on that credit card? Anyone?

This guy is a wacko.

I agree. He wasn't close enough to the child to see his face and he's saying the people performing CPR while RH was on the phone at least 5 feet from his child MUST have been medical personnel. However, he has no proof of that at all. They could have been people with no medical training at all! That guy has no idea! By the time he walked up Cooper was already out of the car, on the ground and people were over him performing CPR! How could he see Cooper at all if CPR was being performed on him? How could his mouth be closed if someone was breathing into Cooper's mouth? This guy is so full of it! He's pulling stuff out of his butt!

Medical records for Harris and Cooper also will become a part of the investigation. Warrants served to Kaiser Permanente request all medical records for Harris for evidence of his health, medications and medical problems. During the hearing, Harris’ defense attorney said Harris was almost completely deaf in his right ear.

http://news.gnom.es/news/warrants-in-ga-hot-car-death-focus-on-electronic-trail
Okay if he was "almost completely deaf" in one ear, there will be an audiogram to have determined this.

I posted it too, Nana. I was way behind. I should learn to read to the end first but I always forget what posts I wanted to answer. :blushing:

I am glad you did because sometimes mine don't post....I am a doob,lol....love ya!

Oh Lord, Mr Madden. I recognize that voice. That's the dude that said RH was believably upset

Horrible thought. If they could see RH well enough to know he turn his head a little when he dropped off the lightbulbs, could they see Cooper dying in the parking lot video? :(

Didn't they report early on that he was in full rigor mortis?

Is it SOP for EMTs to perform CPR on someone in rigor mortis?

Does anyone know?

It seems strange to perform CPR on someone in rigor mortis.

THanks in advance!

I totally agree with you. Didn't this case start out with donations pouring in? Time long overdue to end this heinous practice.

As far as I recall, donation were over 20 K. That and life insurance on the child could give someone a good motive.

Oh Lord, Mr Madden. I recognize that voice. That's the dude that said RH was believably upset
Why yes...and the baby had no marks on his face and his color looked good, not pale or anything. His hair looked fine it wasn't wet etc etc. wacko.

Horrible thought. If they could see RH well enough to know he turn his head a little when he dropped off the lightbulbs, could they see Cooper dying in the parking lot video? :(

:(

That is a horrible thought. And I hope for the investigators sake they couldn't see that. Can you imagine???

Poor Cooper.

Should be 100%, IMO.

(and don't be throwing stuff at me, I'm too tired)

:chillout:

Not a chill-out, but a WAKE UP -- we neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed you!
I tried to find a "throwing tomatoes" smiley just so I'd have something to throw at you -- so I thought I'd try some H[SUB]2[/SUB]O instead.
:loveyou:

Oh and I 100% agree with your 100%

There always is a whack-a-doodle in these cases. I think it is an unwritten rule.

And his mouth and eyes were closed even though someone was trying to blow air into his lungs. Um, okay.

:chillout:

Not a chill-out, but a WAKE UP -- we neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed you!
I tried to find a "throwing tomatoes" smiley just so I'd have something to throw at you -- so I thought I'd try some H[SUB]2[/SUB]O instead.
:loveyou:

Oh and I 100% agree with your 100%
[emoji534][emoji534][emoji534][emoji534][emoji534]
[emoji6]

I agree. He wasn't close enough to the child to see his face and he's saying the people performing CPR while RH was on the phone at least 5 feet from his child MUST have been medical personnel. However, he has no proof of that at all. They could have been people with no medical training at all! That guy has no idea! By the time he walked up Cooper was already out of the car, on the ground and people were over him performing CPR! How could he see Cooper at all if CPR was being performed on him? How could his mouth be closed if someone was breathing into Cooper's mouth? This guy is so full of it! He's pulling stuff out of his butt!

The person I want to hear from is Anthony. The one who helped the defendant get Cooper out of the vehicle and did CPR himself, while what's-his-face went to make phone calls.

I agree. He wasn't close enough to the child to see his face and he's saying the people performing CPR while RH was on the phone at least 5 feet from his child MUST have been medical personnel. However, he has no prove of that at all. They could have been people with no medical training at all! That guy has no idea! By the time he walked up Cooper was already out if the car, on the ground and people were over him performing CPR! How could he see Cooper at all if CPR was being performed on him? How could his mouth be closed if someone was breathing into Cooper's mouth? This guy is so full of it! He's pulling stuff out of his butt!

C'mon, give the guy a break...

- He said he was 4-5 feet away from Cooper. That's close enough to see his face.

- He said when he first approached the scene, someone was doing CPR on Cooper (implying that they stopped at some point). When NG questioned why it wasn't the father doing the CPR, he speculated that perhaps the bystander knew CPR, but admitted he didn't know that for a fact. I would certainly step back if someone who was trained in CPR offered to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member